Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #51
Danny
Head Coach

I'll be on after work today. I didn't play in the last cathedral game, but considering the randomness of day 1, is it better if we all work on the cathedral today? Or is it better to split the 1/1?

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #52
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'll be on after work today. I didn't play in the last cathedral game, but considering the randomness of day 1, is it better if we all work on the cathedral today? Or is it better to split the 1/1?

If we all work on the cathedral today then doesn't that just make Day 2 into a Day 1? I think it would be best to split them 1/1 except for those who have to put their actions in early and then won't be around for the rest of the day.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #53
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah, but can't we put some more pressure on the demons by making the cathedral a more urgent issue for them. As villagers though, we would prefer to kill the demons first and then complete the cathedral or do we have to do it the other way around?

Anyway, I really have to go now.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #54
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

IIRC last game we worked heavily on the cathedral and forced the demons to use their night actions to damage the cathedral instead of killing vilagers.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #55
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

The baroness is checking in. Please stop bowing and get back to work. I know the Lord is wonderful and nothing is beyond His power, but I have yet to see a cathedral build itself.

Now, where is my maid?!!
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #56
Telle
College Starter

Everyone has checked in. Only actions so far are Chief Rum working on the walls twice.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #57
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
IIRC last game we worked heavily on the cathedral and forced the demons to use their night actions to damage the cathedral instead of killing vilagers.

That's kind of my thinking. If we make the demons damage the cathedral we buy time and give us more time to catch them in the act. That is assuming we have a kind of witness or spy type role who can potentially see a demon attack the cathedral. Did something like that exist in last game? I don't have any kind of spy ability or anything like that, so I don't want to indicate that I have any inside knowledge that such a thing exists.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #58
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

And how did that work out? Were you able to catch all the demons? If possible I'd like to try to get the major victory of both building the cathedral and eliminating all of the demons.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #59
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I wasn't in the last game either, but I'm through the first 300 or so posts. There was a Day 1 discussion on "no lynch" and Barkeep chimed in with that quote. I'll find it later today when I've got some time to do sifting.

In the meantime ...
BK - is "no lynch" an option in this game?
Like the last game there will be a lynch. Tiebreakers are in the rules.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #60
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
That's kind of my thinking. If we make the demons damage the cathedral we buy time and give us more time to catch them in the act. That is assuming we have a kind of witness or spy type role who can potentially see a demon attack the cathedral. Did something like that exist in last game? I don't have any kind of spy ability or anything like that, so I don't want to indicate that I have any inside knowledge that such a thing exists.

I'm fine with some kind of ratio of "two build"/"one build/one vote" being agreed on in the thread. However, I do not really want to see us abandon voting entirely because that is the primary mechanism for catching demons. And I do not want too small a group of people voting because it opens the door for the demons/wolves influencing the move to an even greater extent than most games.

Bottom line - I do not want to get so seduced by the "flavor" of the game that the guts of werewolf are missed. I thought this happened in my Marvel game, and I think it is important to remember that at the end of the day we are rooting out wolves/demons just like the last 87 (give or take) games.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #61
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
And how did that work out? Were you able to catch all the demons? If possible I'd like to try to get the major victory of both building the cathedral and eliminating all of the demons.

I dont recall that well to be honest. I think it ended up coming down to some strange happenings with Lucifer and Gabriel IIRC.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #62
hoopsguy
General Manager

Now, after giving that speech if we are going to split into "vote/build" groups I would like to be on the build group.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #63
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
I'm fine with some kind of ratio of "two build"/"one build/one vote" being agreed on in the thread. However, I do not really want to see us abandon voting entirely because that is the primary mechanism for catching demons. And I do not want too small a group of people voting because it opens the door for the demons/wolves influencing the move to an even greater extent than most games.

Bottom line - I do not want to get so seduced by the "flavor" of the game that the guts of werewolf are missed. I thought this happened in my Marvel game, and I think it is important to remember that at the end of the day we are rooting out wolves/demons just like the last 87 (give or take) games.
sure happened for me! forgot to not get killed
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #64
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Agreed with wholeheartedly. And especially since we're going to be forced to lynch someone (which I would be going for regardless) we need at least some people participating in the process. There's going to have to be a balance.

I don't care too much if I get to vote or not vote today, because I don't know squat about anything at this point, but I'd imagine that's true for about half the people here, and some of us are going to have to vote.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #65
Telle
College Starter

So what do you all think.. half vote and half just build? Should we assign categories randomly or let people choose on their own?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #66
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So what do you all think.. half vote and half just build? Should we assign categories randomly or let people choose on their own?

People are probably going to wind up doing it themselves throughout the day. I'm not a fan of forcing everyone into a set scheme on day 1 when we don't know anything and it might wind up doing more harm than good, especially when people are going to be in and out.

I say we let people do what they want; we can use it as more information to solve the puzzle later. Enforcing a system gives the excuse "I was only doing what you were telling me to do."
Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #67
hoopsguy
General Manager

Telle, that ratio makes sense to me. But I'm hoping that others - particularly those who played the first game - will weigh in on it as well.

I would also let people pick their own initially, since the choice itself acts as a data point more than randomly assigning people to groups.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #68
RendeR
Coordinator

Here me my people, Being the lord and ruler of this hamlet I am appalled that anyone would think to ignore the evil among us. I believe whole heartedly that we must root out the evil.

I also understand that our ever pious clergyman must have his cathedral erected as soon as possible. hence I will always cast a vote each day. I cannot ignore my duties in protecting my people from harm by throwing all of my efforts into building.

I shall ponder everyone's activities and place my vote later today.

Until that time:

WORK ON WALLS
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #69
RendeR
Coordinator

That came out a lot more disjointed than it seemed when I typed it....

basic plan, I will work and vote each day.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #70
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm - not much discussion. I'm going to put in my first order, to work on the Cathedral. I would like to go there with my second action as well, at least for today, but will hold off on doing so until we have some more discussion.

It sounds like at least Tyrith and RendeR are planning on putting out votes today. Chief will not be, and I think there are a ton of non-committed people out there at this point.

We need 9 on walls to move onto the other areas and have 3 in for this area so far. I'm going to put an order elsewhere for now, but will put my second order toward walls if there doesn't appear to be enough movement in that direction.

WORK ON ARTWORK
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #71
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

WORK ON WALLS

I will be voting with my other vote it looks like
Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #72
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Oh, yes and we have a happy hour special down at the cathedral pub!, but only for people who do work!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #73
Telle
College Starter

WORK ON WALLS

I'll most likely be using my other action to vote, unless we end up with a lot of voters.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #74
RealDeal
High School Varsity

WORK ON WALLS
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #75
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

thats 6 of 9 needed on walls right?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #76
Telle
College Starter

Yep. 6 walls and 1 artwork.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #77
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

just curious do some people have advantages on certain parts? I mean, will someones work count double on carpentry? or artwork? just curious, we need to make sure we use all benefits to the best of our ability!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #78
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

did that make sense? im not sure it did
Old 01-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #79
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

How have I made so many posts?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #80
Telle
College Starter

If people do have special work advantages, I wouldn't suggest that they announce them.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #81
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

really? why not? its not like giving up a roll. im saying, if someone does double work on artwork we should know, so we can make sure there is stuff there for them to do!

am I wrong here? its a minor advantage, but one none the less!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #82
Telle
College Starter

Well until roles are revealed I'd think anybody who can do double work would be the first targets for the wolves.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #83
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hannibal, I do not see a lot of value in announcing that type of information now. It could potentially put a target on someone's back for a night kill.

Additionally, the type of role that you are alluding to may have value later in the game when we are doing the math on completed work. I think that has more upside than potentially having an extra unit or two of work on something during the day.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #84
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

fair enough.

My logic is.... the wolves will kill people they are more worried about rather than someone just because they can do 2X work somewhere.

but I see the reluctance.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #85
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Still trying to sort things out, I'm inclined to work and vote once each
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #86
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I am gratified to see so many of you choosing to contribute your labor towards this most impressive monument to Our Lord and Savior. Thank you Baron RendeR for releasing a segment of the populace to this task. It seems that we are close to acquiring a critical mass of work upon the walls of our fine cathedral sufficient to see them raised, and I express my gratitude for this outpouring of work.

Although we have scant evidence upon which to base judgements, are there any among the village whom we wish to cast out? I feel that as the hour approaches slowly and as yet none have made a move in that direction, that perhaps it would be prudent to begin to discuss this possibility, and in particular who we are casting our eyes upon, that they might have opportunity to defend themselves against the charges being leveled against them.

Myself, I am happy to lend my service to either endeavor. I shall wait for the shining wisdom of the Lord to enlighten me as to the path I should best take on this day.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #87
Telle
College Starter

Well there's not a whole lot to go on on Day 1, and since there's penalty for changing your vote (can't work) that makes one less likely to just toss out a random vote.

The only thing that's struck me so far is Hannibal wanting people to reveal if they have special working abilities. However that seems a little ballsy for a wolf play.. so maybe cultist?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #88
hoopsguy
General Manager

I honestly have no idea where to vote at this point. Not much discussion to start working up even a semi-coherent theory.

However, I'll be getting a vote out there in the next couple of hours since I won't be around anywhere near the deadline. It is my wife's birthday today, so I'll be out for the duration when I leave work in order to spend time with her.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #89
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops - actually will probably not be voting today so as to double up on the cathedral stuff since it looks like we'll have people willing to cast the votes.

FWIW, I fully expect to be voting just about every day from here on out. Not voting on any day feels extremely out of character for me but you play the hand you are dealt.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #90
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] happy birthday hoops'-wife! [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #91
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am thinking 2 things here. The demons are probably going to put in fake work orders, so...

We need 9 for the walls, so do we put in exactly 9 work orders and if we fall shourt look to the people who put the work orders in

or

do we have, say, 12 people do walls to guard against fake work orders?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #92
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I would probably go with the latter. Not sure if 12 is the magic number, but a number that is a little higher than 9 would probably be prudent.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #93
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, I would probably go with the latter. Not sure if 12 is the magic number, but a number that is a little higher than 9 would probably be prudent.

so I dont remember fro mthe first game and have no time to look.

If we put in 12 work orders, are we told how many went through, or just that the walls are done?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #94
hoopsguy
General Manager

Don't know, and I just read it yesterday ... getting old

I'll try to look it up this afternoon if work cooperates.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #95
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well I'll help secure things.

work on walls
work on walls

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-21-2009 at 01:10 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #96
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
so I dont remember fro mthe first game and have no time to look.

If we put in 12 work orders, are we told how many went through, or just that the walls are done?
Just that it's done.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #97
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
but if we do this then its wasteful... I think it makes more sense to do enough to get it there... then check out who worked there, if someone fakes!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #98
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
but if we do this then its wasteful... I think it makes more sense to do enough to get it there... then check out who worked there, if someone fakes!

well the problem with that is it delays us another day in putting up the roof and windows.

I guess the question we need to ask is do we want to try and root out a wolf, or do we want to finish the cathedral?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #99
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
well the problem with that is it delays us another day in putting up the roof and windows.

I guess the question we need to ask is do we want to try and root out a wolf, or do we want to finish the cathedral?

Ultimately we're going to have to do both.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #100
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

oh wait... so we need to have the walls finished... but we could work on other stuff without them (art and what not).

(I read the rules too late last night, going to reread.)