Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

FM12 - From Lilywhite to Whitehart Lane

Quote:
07/05/11 - Crooks takes City hot seat

The Cambridge City board has announced the appointment of Anthony Crooks as the club's new head coach for a salary of $275 PW.

Crooks is said to be relishing the opportunity to coach at The City Ground and the Lilywhites supporters are sure to be hoping he can make a difference.

Founded in 1908, Cambridge City are a semi-professional English club currently playing in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division. The club play their home games at The City Ground and possess basic training facilities and very basic youth facilities. The club also has basic junior coaching and a limited youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as The Lilywhites.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 2000s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2010, The Lilywhites are a club with a growing history. Cambridge City won the English 6th tier for the only time in 1963 and finished runner-up on two occasions, won the Red Insure Cup in 2010 and finished second once, finished runner-up in the Southern Championship Match in 2010, and won the Cambs Invitation Cup on seven occasions.

Using Uncle Ron's level 8 mod which makes the two levels below Blue Square North/South playable I will be returning to my favorite FM side of all time, Cambridge City, in an attempt to return the Lilywhites to League Football and eventually land my dream job at Tottenham.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

In keeping with a long standing tradition I begin to clean house and the papers are soon filled with the names of former city assistants looking for work.

07/06/11 - Heads rolling at City Ground

Cambridge City physio Joe Miller has had his contract terminated.
Miller is currently unemployed following a spell with Cambridge City.

Assistant coach Roger Keogh has left Cambridge City after the two parties decided to mutually terminate his contract.

Scout Kristian Bunn has left Cambridge City after the two parties decided to mutually terminate his contract.

07/06/11 - Crooks living the Dream

Anthony Crooks faced the media for the first time as Cambridge City boss today as he attended a press conference to announce his new role. Crooks fielded a range of questions such as the new job and his coaching team from southern-football-league.co.uk, BBC Cambridgeshire, Pitchero Non-League and The Non-League Paper.

Southern-football-league.co.uk chose the main focus point for the conference with journalist Chris Hill asking, "You sit here as the new head coach of Cambridge City. Is this your dream job?"

Crooks' response was, "I am absolutely delighted to be hired, it really is a dream come true."
Old 03-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Cambridge Courier 07/07/11 - New faces in the backroom

Cambridge City have appointed 36-year old Danny Granville as an assistant coach. Granville had spells as a player with Cambridge United, Chelsea, Leeds United, Manchester City and five other teams but has no previous backroom experience.

The Lilywhites have also appointed appointed 36-year old Kevin Turner as a scout.

Looking to hire a couple of more coaches, but the Board has me handcuffed in wages, so i have to settle.

Quote:
Cambridge Courier 07/09/11 - City staff grows

Cambridge City have appointed 42-year old Paul Sharp as a coach.
Sharp enjoyed a playing career with Goole, North Ferriby United and Hall Road Rangers before a spell with North Ferriby United.

City brings in 38-year old Steve Bradbury as a physio.
Bradbury had previously had a spell with Harrogate Town. In addition 38 year old Shane Thomas (scout) and 38-year old Colin Little (coach) have also come on board. Little had spells as a player with Rossendale United, Hyde, Crewe Alexandra, Mansfield Town and six other teams but has no previous backroom experience.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Meet the Lilywhites

Goalkeepers Position HT WT Age Value Aer Cmd Pun Han One Ref Com Dec Pos
Zac Barrett GK 6'2" 169 lbs 23 $9K 11 7 7 6 12 10 12 9 6
Steven Gibbens GK 6'0" 187 lbs 19 - 6 8 9 8 7 8 9 5 5
Fullbacks Position HT WT Age Value Cro Dri Mar Tac Ant Cnt Off Pos Tea Wor Acc Sta
Ben Islam D (RC) 6'0" 169 lbs 17 - 4 1 8 9 3 5 2 6 9 11 13 6
Matthew Kearney D (R) 5'11" 182 lbs 19 - 1 1 3 7 3 5 1 4 14 8 10 6
Lee Chaffey D (LC) 6'2" 189 lbs 26 - 1 1 11 7 9 5 4 7 10 14 10 11

Eek, our Fullbacks are nowhere near competent for the Cambridge Diamond tactic, which relies heavily on the overlap in attack mode. Chaffey is the best defensively, but I don't look for any of these guys to be factors on the attack. I really need a second keeper to back up Barrett, who is more than capable for this level of play, though he does tend to be a little too aggressive at times.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-11-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Centrebacks Position HT WT Age Value Hea Mar Tac Cmp Cnt Dec Det Pos Jum Pac Str
David Theobald D (C) 6'2" 160 lbs 32 - 9 9 9 2 6 4 18 7 10 10 8
Tom Sapsford D (C) 6'1" 178 lbs 16 $2K 6 9 10 10 10 8 6 4 12 10 3
Nick Harding D (C) 5'11" 178 lbs 19 - 8 2 7 3 7 6 9 10 8 8 3
Danny Kelly D (C), ST 6'1" 180 lbs 20 $45K 9 6 8 7 7 7 8 8 11 6 9
DMC Position HT WT Age Value Mar Pas Tac Dec Pos Tea Wor Acc Sta Str
Matty Francis M (C) 5'10" 171 lbs 18 $250 8 4 5 3 2 13 12 10 7 3

DMC is a huge part of our tactic and I don't even have a natural DMC on the roster, so Francis will fill in as I try and fanangle a work permit for Dionatan Tiexiera. The board is cutting me tight on the salaries and he is far and away the highest quality player that is will to come to City Grounds, but he can't get in the damn country. A mixed bag at Centreback and it will probably be Theobald playing the true Central Defender spot and Sapsford at the ball winning Central defender spot due to his composure and decision making. Kelly will get time here as well as he is consistent and can also play striker in a pinch.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

AMC Position HT WT Age Value Dri Fir Pas Tec Ant Cre Dec Fla Off Wor Pac
Rob Nightingale M/AM (RC) 5'11" 154 lbs 30 - 8 7 8 5 6 8 8 8 7 9 9
Ryan Harding AM (C) 5'8" 165 lbs 18 - 1 4 2 1 6 1 6 5 1 9 8
Wingers Position HT WT Age Value Cro Dri Tec Dec Fla Off Acc Agi Bal Pac
Craig Bussens M (RC) 5'9" 156 lbs 21 - 6 9 6 6 6 8 11 11 7 10
Lewis Trimmer M/AM (L), ST 5'7" 141 lbs 21 - 6 6 3 5 9 5 9 9 7 9
Matthew Coates AM (RL) 5'7" 160 lbs 19 $180 5 7 5 1 15 5 9 6 5 9

These are the guys that need to generate the chances for us and the only one that is suitable for my tactic, even at this level of football, is Rob Nightingale. While not great, Rob is solid across the board and a veteran who should do well as he gets comfortable in our scheme. Harding needs to be replaced ASAP.

On the wings Bussens is adequate and will start on the right side. I would love to start Coates on the left as his flair is off the charts, but he makes poor decisions and is the worst of the three on crossing, so Trimmer will be the first in on the left. Coates will spell both and I will be looking hard for a 4th winger, preferably to start opposite Bussens.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Forwards Position Height Weight Age Value Dri Fin Fir Hea Ant Cmp Off Acc Agi Pac Str
Neil Midgley AM (RC), ST 5'9" 154 lbs 32 - 7 5 2 6 3 4 7 10 10 11 10
Craig Hammond ST 6'3" 182 lbs 24 $4K 7 12 8 9 9 9 8 9 8 9 11
Jean-Phillip Yamfam ST 6'2" 191 lbs 18 - 5 10 9 10 2 4 8 11 9 6 4

Hammond fits nicely as the target man in my attacking style, but I really need an upgrade at the poacher slot. Yamfam is the best finisher, but he is not strong enough to play the target man and not fast enough to play the poacher. He will be the third man in. Midgley has the desired pace, but is getting old and is horrid at first touch and finishing. I need to find a poacher and I can then use Midgley as the third man in. Not expecting a lot of offense early, as that poacher spot drives the attack, so I may have to tone it down early.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
7/9/11 - Cambridge City 2 - 0 Cambridge City Under 18s (Friendly)

Winger Lewis Trimmer got Cambridge C off to a flying start by scoring a close range effort in the 3rd minute. Midfielder Craig Bussens finally rounded off their victory in the 28th minute with a close range header.

Man of the Match: Lewis Trimmer (Cambridge C)

Doesn't say much, except what I feared, we are not going to be a scoring machine early.

Quote:
7/10/11 - East Thurrock United 1 - 1 Cambridge City (Friendly)

Cambridge City could count themselves somewhat fortunate to have escaped with a draw against East Thurrock United in their Friendly game at Rookery Hill.

East Thurrock United finally took the lead when striker Petrit Elbi scored an incisive finish in the 67th minute. Cambridge City's equalizer came through Neil Midgley as he seized on Ryan Sammons' mistake to score a powerful penalty.

Man of the Match: Reiss Gilbey (East Thurrock)
Attendance: 23

Quote:
07/12/11 - Wealdstone 2 - 1 Cambridge City (Friendly)

Wealdstone's fans left Grosvenor Vale wondering quite how their team had only managed to win 2 - 1.

Experienced forward Neil Midgley got Cambridge City off to a flying start by scoring a placed shot in the 10th minute. Cambridge City's David Theobald received the red card for a professional foul with 27 minutes on the clock.

Striker Callum Martin then equalized for Wealdstone in the 32nd minute with a close range finish which was timed impeccably. Wealdstone captain Chris O'Leary saw a penalty beat the keeper but hit the post on the 55 minute mark.

Wealdstone's Alan Massey however made the Wealdstone fans forget the miss by scoring a well timed finish from close range shortly after. Cambridge City also saw their 86th minute strike disallowed in controversial circumstances.

Man of the Match:

Man of the Match: Lee Chappell (Wealdstone)
Attendance: 114

a couple of dissappointing results and I am not getting any closer to filling any needs as the board is giving me pennies to play with for signings. I need at least a solid DMC and a winger who can hit my target man or we will be playing a very defensive style. I have lots of players I like, but if they aren't walking away during negotiations, I am being outbid. Still hoping for a miracle with the work permit for Tiexiera.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
07/13/11 - Cambridge City sign trio, lose a gem

Cambridge City have signed young goalkeeper Greg Hartley, DMC Stefan Powell and DR Terry Henshaw on free transfers.

Greg Hartley has told the press he can't wait to join up with his new teammates and was especially looking forward to playing alongside Zac Barrett. The 21-year-old goalkeeper told reporters that it had long been his dream to play in the same team as Barrett and hoped he could learn a lot from his idol.

Powell and Henshaw have been without a club for a while and are said to have welcomed the opportunity to get back into soccer.

Dionatan Teixeira's proposed move to Cambridge City has been cancelled after the appeal for a work permit was turned down.

Not unexpected, but still hurts to lose Teixeira, he would have been a huge get. Hartley grades out better than Barrett long term as a keeper and is rated 9 or better in every key category but throws. He will push to start.

Henshaw has good tackling, determination and work rate and while not ideal as an attacking fullback is better than what we have. Powell is our only true DMC and wins the job by default. Not the greatest defender, he has high flair, creativity and work rate and rates 10 or higher in 6 or 8 physical categories, so he should be more than adequate as a deep lying playmaker in our attacking tactic.

Quote:
World Rankings released
England remain in 6th position in the latest World Rankings list.

Spain hold on to their first-place position in the rankings.

The most improved nation was Mozambique who moved from 103rd to 79th in the list.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
07/15/11 - Lilywhites ranks swell

DMC Charlie Dove is delighted to have agreed terms with Cambridge City.
Dove revealed that he was looking forward to working alongside head coach Anthony Crooks. The contract offer has been finalized and City have confirmed the deal.

The Lilywhites also signed Elliott Cox who is delighted to have agreed terms. Cox can play DR, MR and AMR and will bolster the right side for City. Cox has told the press he can't wait to join up with his new teammates and was especially looking forward to playing alongside Terry Henshaw.

The 18-year-old right-back told reporters that it had long been his dream to play in the same team as Henshaw and hoped he could learn a lot from his idol.

Purely depth moves here, though Cox in particualar could prove to be very valuable with his ability to play multiple positions. Dove is better defensively than Stefan Powell and will play DMC when we use a defensive tactic.

Quote:
07/15/11 - Cambridge City 1 - 1 Boston United (Friendly)

Cambridge City will have undoubtedly been the more contented of the two teams after clinching a somewhat surprising 1 - 1 draw against Boston United.

Journeyman striker Leon Constantine gave Boston United the lead with a close range finish which was timed impeccably in the 27th minute. Centre-back Nathan Stainfield suffered the agony of putting the ball into his own net after 62 minutes to deny his team the win.

Man of the Match: Tom Sapsford (Cambridge C)
Attendance: 104

We missed a great chance to win and our goal was an own goal, but still played well against higher level competition.

Once I get to regular matches I will add stats and not just recaps to the matches.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-14-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

07/16/11
Your assistant coach Danny Granville has informed you that Danny Kelly has today left the club for his period of extended leave.

He is due back on July 23rd.

Quote:
07/17/11 - City at it again, sign journeyman

Cambridge City have signed veteran winger Graham Branch on a free transfer. Branch had been without a club for a while and is said to have welcomed the opportunity to get back into soccer.

Branch is 39 years old and this is solely about veteran leadership as I will eventually ask him to mentor some of the younger players.

07/19/11 - England Trial day
The club secretary has passed on a fax received from the England Players' Association inviting you to attend the English Trial Day. The Trial Day will be held on 7/22/2011 and involves a total of 40 players.

Danny Granville has assessed all of the players involved and he recommends taking a look at the following players:

- Conor Kavanagh (21-year old Irish defender previously at Clitheroe)
- Steven Lozano-Calderon (19-year old Colombian midfielder/attacking midfielder previously at Charlton)
- Tashan Adeyinka (19-year old English striker previously at Harlow)
- Lewis Whiteley (17-year old English midfielder previously at Notts Co)
- Jonathan Smith (22-year old English striker previously at Prescot)
- Hakeem Adelakun (20-year old English defensive midfielder, midfielder previously at Lewes)
- Gregory Lake (22-year old English defender previously at Frome)
- Julian Okai (18-year old English midfielder/attacking midfielder previously at Southend)

I will only scout and not attend, but this will be a good chance to maybe find a bargain or two.

Quote:
07/19/11 - Cambridge City 2 - 1 Hendon (Friendly)

Cambridge City won a hard fought battle against Hendon on a fine summer's evening at The City Ground.

Things did not get off to a good start for Hendon as winger Lewis Trimmer seized on an error by Scott Cousins to score a solid diving header. Hendon's equalizer came through Jamie Busby as he seized on Lee Chaffey's mistake to score a real poacher's effort. Cambridge City captain Craig Hammond scored what proved to be the winner on 76 minutes with a real poacher's effort.

Man of the Match: Lewis Trimmer (Cambridge C)
Attendance: 85

Some sloppy play be Chaffey led to their goal and I ripped his ass at halftime. Sapford was also less than spectacular at DC. Trimmer was MOM with a solid performance at left wing, while Hammond and Yamfam did some nice things paired up front after coming on to start the secdin half.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
7/20/11 - City bolsters defense

Ryan Palmer is delighted to have agreed terms with Cambridge City.
The 31 yr old Palmer revealed that he was looking forward to working alongside head coach Anthony Crooks.

This is a nice signing as Palmer can play DR, DC, DMC and MC with competance so his versatility will serve us well. Good teamwork, workrate and bravery (13) and solid at tackling and determination.

I like several players from trial day, but none will sign for what I have in the coffers as I am already over budget for payroll, so this may be the last of our moves unless I can steal a diamond in the rough somewhere.

Quote:
07/22/11 - Cambridge City 0 - 1 Grimsby Town (Friendly)

Despite battling hard Cambridge City were unable to prevent superior Grimsby Town coming away from The City Ground with a 1 - 0 victory.

Cambridge City were nearly handed the lead in the 23rd minute after Scott Garner's lapse in concentration but failed to capitalize. Things turned sour for Cambridge City when experienced centre-back David Theobald earned himself an early shower for persistent fouling on 31 minutes.

Grimsby Town finally took the lead when winger Serge Makofo scored a close range effort in the 56th minute.

The match was remarkable for the number of fouls committed by both teams, seemingly more concerned with disrupting the flow of the game than playing it.

Man of the Match: Serge Makofo (Grimsby)
Attendance: 378

David Theobald is playing himself out of a spot as he gets his second red card of the pre-season...really, sent packing from two friendlies?? I tear into him after the match and he seems fired up. Hopefully that won't make him more aggressive!! We still miss 2 great chances to score with ten men though and actually could have won.

07/23/11
Your assistant coach Danny Granville has informed you that Danny Kelly has reported back for training today after his period of extended leave. hopefully he has whatever was in his system out of it.

07/24/11
Your groundskeeper has asked you if you wish to make any changes to your current field dimensions.

The largest field The City Ground's facilities can accommodate is 124yds long and 75yds wide, which is what I choose. This may not be ideal now, but when I have all the personel for my system it will be, so we need to get used to it.

07/25/11
The board gets back to me and indicates they have been unable to find a suitable parent club to replace Cambridge United. This really hurts as I was relying on the opportunity to get loans to gain promotion. Thanks for being so diligent in your search, lazy bastards. This means I will need to rely on our big brothers for whatever I can get. We have a friendly coming up with them so I will schmooze their manager.

Assistant Danny Granville is worried about match preparation...again. I am already working on teamwork at a high level for my tactics so I ignoere him.

The trial with striker Trevor Benjamin is up, I didn't make a big deal of him since I knew signing him was hopeless, but he would have made a great target man.

Quote:
7/27/11 - Cambridge City 2 - 4 Cambridge United (Friendly)

Cambridge City failed to cause an upset at The City Ground as Cambridge United coasted to an expected 4 - 2 victory.

Experienced forward Neil Midgley got Cambridge City off to a flying start by scoring an incisive finish in the 4th minute. Young midfielder Ryan Jackson then equalized for Cambridge United in the 20th minute with a fluke goal.

Young centre-back Blaine Hudson then put Cambridge United in front after 25 minutes with a header. Things went from bad to worse for Cambridge City as experienced full-back Terry Henshaw earned himself an early shower for persistent fouling in the 37th minute.

Young striker Danny Kelly compounded the misery for Cambridge City in the 46th minute with an embarrassing own-goal. Young striker Jean-Phillip Yamfam gave the Cambridge City fans a glimmer of hope after 88 minutes with a close range effort which was deflected on its way in.

Young midfielder Luke Berry finally rounded off their victory in the 91st minute with a curling shot from the edge of the area.

Man of the Match: Luke Berry (Cambridge)
Attendance: 612

We actually looked better than United in the 1st half, minus our inability to defend set pieces and that red card thing again. I am not even aggressive with the tackling and this crap keeps happening!! I stayed with out counter tactic the whole match with them being 2 levels up and think it will be effective if we can keep 11 players on the field.

My hopes of developing a good relationship with United manager Jez George seem dim since he criticized my approach post match, so I was obligated to fire a barb back at him. Oh well.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
07/29/11 - BBC Cambridgeshire - 2017 Champions Cup

The race to see who will host the 2017 Champions Cup Final begins today as the application process to stage the competition's finale opens.

Early indications suggest that the likes of Old Trafford (England), Atatürk Olympic (Turkey), San Siro (Italy), Stade de France (France) and OAKA Spyros Louis (Greece) will be competing for the prestigious honor of hosting the 2017 showpiece.

The bid from Old Trafford has received support from notable playing luminaries such as Alex Ferguson, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Steve Bruce, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Bobby Charlton, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and David Beckham.

After a period of deliberation, the chosen host will be announced on Thursday July 11th 2013.

Quote:
07/30/11 - Italian Football Magazine - 2019 U20 World Cup bids

Italy, Spain, England, Germany and Portugal are gearing up for the latest stage of the 2019 U20 World Cup bidding process. Each bidding nation will welcome inspectors on tours which could have a major impact on the final decision.

The England bid team has promised that a new ground will be built in Rotherham should their bid be successful.

After a period of deliberation, the chosen host will be announced on Sunday January 1st 2012.

Quote:
07/31/11 - Cambridge Football UK - Cambridge City 1 - 1 Lowestoft Town (Friendly)

After a 1 - 1 draw at The City Ground against Cambridge City, a key member of Lowestoft Town claimed that his team were fortunate to escape from this Friendly game with a draw.

Experienced winger Adrian Forbes gave Lowestoft Town the lead with a good header from just inside the six yard box in the 29th minute. Young midfielder Ryan Harding equalized for Cambridge City in the 81st minute with a superb chip over the keeper from the edge of the box.

Man of the Match: Lee Chaffey (Cambridge C)
Attendance: 104

We end June with a solid match, but once again are done in by a set piece as Lowestoft score on a free kick that was headed in. The stats are all ours on the day though. I put in loan requests for three Cambridge United players and will make decisions on the reserve squad as I hear back.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

8/01/11 - Assistant coach Danny Granville has offered a reminder of some important dates in the month ahead:

8/1/2011 - King's Lynn Under 18s v Cambridge C Under 18s (Friendly)
8/6/2011 - St. Neots Under 18s v Cambridge C Under 18s
8/6/2011 - Enfield Town v Cambridge C (Friendly)
8/13/2011 - Cambridge C Under 18s v Stamford Under 18s
8/13/2011 - Weymouth v Cambridge C (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
8/16/2011 - Cambridge C v St. Albans (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
8/20/2011 - English FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
8/20/2011 - Soham Under 18s v Cambridge C Under 18s
8/20/2011 - Cambridge C v Stourbridge (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
8/23/2011 - Chesham v Cambridge C (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
8/27/2011 - Cambridge C v Frome (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
8/29/2011 - Arlesey v Cambridge C (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
8/31/2011 - Coventry Under 18s v Cambridge C Under 18s (Under 18s Cup)
4/2/2012 - End of transfer window

8/03/11
Steve Bradbury is pleased to announce that there are no current problems to report and the Cambridge City squad has a clean bill of health.

Bradbury will continue to monitor the players' health and fitness and report back regularly.

Quote:
UK Football Daily - England boss faces selection headache

Stuart Pearce will be faced with a selection headache this week when he comes to select his England team to face Egypt.

Steven Gerrard, Rio Ferdinand, Ledley King, Jack Wilshere, Jermain Defoe and Steven Taylor will definitely miss out through injury while doubts remain over the fitness of Ashley Young, James Milner and David Stockdale.

There is some good news however with Michael Owen reportedly fit to play after shaking off a recent injury.

Cambridge players in last year of contract

Your personal assistant has given you advanced warning that the contracts of twenty-one Cambridge City players are either due to expire in the next 12 months, or may have already expired.

The most notable include David Theobald, Zac Barrett and James Krause.

Players under 24 years-old who reach the end of their contracts and have not been offered new deals of greater or equal terms, can move elsewhere for no compensation.

2011/12 Team bonuses

You have promised the players' representative that you will pay out a higher than normal collective squad win bonus this season.

As a result of the agreement, the players will be paid a total of $8.5K to be shared among the squad on a pro-rata basis if they manage to win the Evo-Stik Southern Premier.

The collective bonus for cup competitions will award the players a total of $3K to be shared among the squad if they win a cup.

Should the team fail to win a competition, the bonus will be scaled down depending on the final position.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-14-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
8/04/11 - Cambridge brings in youngster

Cambridge City have snapped up young midfielder Aaron Pennant on a free transfer.

Pennant had been without a club for a while and is said to have welcomed the opportunity to get back into soccer.

Pennant has told the press he can't wait to join up with his new teammates and was especially looking forward to playing alongside Neil Midgley.

The 16-year-old attacking midfielder told reporters that it had long been his dream to play in the same team as Midgley and hoped he could learn a lot from his idol.

A good future prospect, he will start on the under 18 squad.

08/06/2011 Friendly Cambridge City @ Enfield Town
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: 57 Favorite: N/A
Lineup DMC - Powell
GK - Hartley AMC - Nightingale
DL/R - Chaffey / Palmer AML/R - Trimmer / Bussens
DC - Theobald / Kelly ST - Hammond / Midgley
Scoring MOM - Elliott Cox Cambridge City
45' - Joe Stevens muffs a clearance on a corner and nets an own goal 1-0
80' - Elliott Cox pounces on a rebound and blasts it in past the Enfield Keeper 2-0
87' - Neil Midgley splits the Enfield defense netting it top corner 3-0 for City
Cambridge - 3 Enfield Town - 0
Shots 16 On target 7 Shots 6 On target 1
Poss 55% Bookings 0 Poss 45% Bookings 0
Injuries None Injuries None

Quote:
A highly polished performance from the Cambridge City players saw their team earn a 3 - 0 win over Enfield Town at Cheshunt Stadium.

Midfielder Joe Stevens suffered the ignominy of scoring a calamitous own goal in the 45th minute on the clock. Young full-back Elliott Cox doubled Cambridge City's lead with a deflected shot in the 80th minute.

Experienced forward Neil Midgley completed the rout with a real poacher's effort in the 87th minute.

Man of the Match: Elliott Cox (Cambridge C)
Attendance: 57

Last Friendly of the year and I will now make my relegations to the reserves and prepare for league play. All three Cambridge United players reject a loan to little brother, so we will go with what we have.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

8/06/11 - Captain

Your assistant coach Danny Granville has reminded you that changing existing captains can have adverse affects on team morale, potentially annoying the person replaced and his allies within the team.

Craig Hammond is the current Cambridge City captain.
Rob Nightingale is the current Cambridge City vice-captain.

No need to make a change, I select Craig Hammond as captain and Rob Nightingale has been selected as vice-captain.

Quote:
8/12/11 - Soccerlens.com England shows lethal touch

England 4 - 2 Egypt (Friendly)

England overcame resilient Egypt in the Friendly game at Wembley this evening.

Forward Ali Darwish gave Egypt the lead with a subtle chip over the keeper in the 14th minute. Wonderkid Danny Welbeck then equalized for England in the 15th minute with a fine header from pointblank range.

Mohamed had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Hart gave up a penalty. Winger Stewart Downing then equalized for England in the 34th minute with a well timed close range finish.

Striker Wayne Rooney put England in front in the 37th minute with a tame free kick from the edge of the area. Winger Aaron Lennon finally rounded off their victory in the 60th minute with a well timed finish from close range.

Man of the Match: Frank Lampard (England)
Attendance: 73,989

Quote:
8/12/11 - Press Conference
Anthony Crooks took several questions about the opening day of the season and the next match from Pitchero Non-League, cambridgecityfc.com, southern-football-league.co.uk, BBC Cambridgeshire and Cambridge News in the build-up to Cambridge C's Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division match against Weymouth.

Southern-football-league.co.uk chose the main focus point for the conference with journalist Chris Hill asking, "It's always nice to start with a win to get points on the board and build up some momentum. Are you confident you can get off to a good start?"

Crooks' response was, "We have been working hard and, if the players can carry that focus and determination into the match, we should do well."

And with that the season is here.......
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/13/2011 ESLPD Cambridge City 0-0-0 @ Weymouth 0-0-0
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: 1,114 Favorite: Weymouth 6-4
Lineup DMC - Powell
DL/R - Chaffey / Cox AML/R - Trimmer / Bussens
DC - Theobald / Kelly ST - Hammond / Yamfam
Summary MOM - Craig Hammond Cambridge City 7.4
Cambridge City were held to a draw by Weymouth in a close-fought Evo-Stik Southern Premier match played at The Bob Lucas Stadium.

Striker Sam Malsom gave Weymouth the lead with a powerful effort from the edge of the area in the 27th minute. Cambridge City captain Craig Hammond equalized for City in the 43rd minute with a fine header from pointblank range.

Experienced centre-back Ryan Palmer's red card for ungentlemanly conduct in the 92nd minute put Cambridge City's position under question.

Cambridge - 1 Weymouth - 1
Shots 8 On target 1 Shots 8 On target 3
Poss 49% Bookings 2 Poss 51% Bookings 0
Goals Hammond 43' Goals Malson 27'
Injuries None Injuries Malson 90'

Fairplay on the road i suppose to start the season, though again the red plague strikes as Palmer gets tossed in stoppage time. Hartley made an insane save off the ensuing free kick to preserve the draw.

From the League - Cambridge City's experienced centre-back Ryan Palmer has been given an automatic one match suspension after being sent off in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier match against Weymouth.

The suspension will apply for all English domestic competitions and will start on Saturday August 13th 2011.

I have decided not to fine Palmer for this incident.

Quote:
8/14/11 - Nin24.com
The Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division kicked off a new season today with a total of 3,716 spectators turning out around the division. With twenty teams in action and 23 goals scored, the best viewing was to be found at Spencer Stadium where a crowd of 351 witnessed Banbury's 1 - 2 defeat against Hitchin. The highlight of that match was Hitchin's Jamie Arlick scoring in his debut.

Elsewhere, two goals from Tom Gallagher inspired a win for the away team during St. Albans' heavy 1 - 4 defeat against Cirencester and Felipe Barcelos scored the best of the goals in Oxford City's 2 - 0 victory over Redditch with a finish executed with aplomb.

Banbury could drop into the relegation zone if they lose to Barwell and results elsewhere go against them.

I also get the news we have sold 80 season tickets for the 2011/2012 campaign....This is not Old trafford.

Quote:
8/15/11 - Lilywhites still on the prowl

Cambridge City have signed young midfielder Masimba Matapo on a free transfer.

Matapo, 17, has only been available for a short time on a free transfer since his Hereford contract expired.

Matapo has told the press he can't wait to join up with his new teammates and was especially looking forward to playing alongside Rob Nightingale.

The 17-year-old right midfielder told reporters that it had long been his dream to play in the same team as Nightingale and hoped he could learn a lot from his idol.

He has flair off the charts (17) and is competent in most of the necessary areas for a winger, but I want him playing, so he starts on the U18 squad.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/16/2011 ESLPD St Albans 0-0-1 (21st) @ Cambridge City 0-1-0 (11th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: 273 Favorite: St Albans 6-4
Lineup DMC - Dove
DL/R - Chaffey / Cox AML/R - Trimmer / Bussens
DC - Theobald / Kelly ST - Hammond / Yamfam
Summary MOM - JP Yamfam - Cambridge City 8.20
A highly polished performance from the Cambridge City players saw their team earn a 3 - 1 win over St. Albans City at The City Ground.

Young striker Jean-Phillip Yamfam gave Cambridge City the lead with a real poacher's effort in the 15th minute. Midfielder Craig Bussens doubled Cambridge City's lead with a close range finish which was timed impeccably in the 23rd minute.

Hammond scored with a good header from just inside the six yard box in the 36th minute to extend the lead further. The last goal of the game came from young goalkeeper Greg Hartley whose 86th minute own-goal will undoubtedly cause him some embarrassment.
Cambridge - 3 St Albans - 1
Shots 10 On target 4 Shots 4 On target 1
Poss 63% Bookings 1 Poss 37% Bookings 1
Goals Yamfam 15', Bussens 23', Goals Hartley (OG) 86'
Hammond 36'
Injuries Dove 32' Injuries None

Supporter spokesperson Allen Foreman feels the fans are delighted with our 3 - 1 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division victory over St. Albans.

Allen believes the fans were pleased with how much more dangerous the team looked in the final third of the field. Craig Bussens, Jean-Phillip Yamfam and Craig Hammond particularly impressed.

I agree with this assessment for the first half, but after the break I feel we well asleep and really never threatened to score a fourth.

Quote:
8/17/11 - The Independant - World Rankings announced
England have moved up 2 places to 4th position in the latest World Rankings list. Spain hold on to their first-place position in the rankings.

The most improved nation was Seychelles who moved from 202nd to 177th in the list.

Jackaman signs with City

Young winger Luke Jackaman is very pleased to have agreed terms with Cambridge City.

Jackaman revealed that he was enthusiastic about the opportunity to work with head coach Anthony Crooks.

Another for our under 18 squad that I will look to for the future. I think I have a pretty good midfield stockpiled down there right now.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/20/2011 ESLPD Stourbridge 1-0-1 (13th) @ Cambridge City 1-1-0 (6th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: 314 Favorite: Cambridge 1-6
Lineup DMC - Powell
GK - Barrett AMC - Nightingale
DL/R - Chaffey / Henshaw AML/R - Trimmer / Bussens
DC - Theobald / Palmer ST - Hammond / Yamfam
Summary MOM - Danny Campbell Stourbridge 7.3
Cambridge City fans will have been frustrated by their team's 1 - 1 draw with Stourbridge at The City Ground.

Striker Danny Campbell gave Stourbridge the lead with a close range finish which was timed impeccably in the 45th minute. Cambridge City captain Craig Hammond equalized for Cambridge City in the 71st minute with a well struck effort.

Cambridge City also saw their 80th minute strike disallowed in controversial circumstances.

Cambridge City are currently on a three match unbeaten run and the promotion contenders are enjoying 9th place in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division.

Cambridge - 1 Stourbridge - 1
Shots 14 On target 4 Shots 3 On target 2
Poss 64% Bookings 3 Poss 36% Bookings 0
Goals Hammond 71' Goals Campbell 45'
Injuries Cox 78' Injuries Oliver 45'

The level of domination in this one was insane and yet we get a draw because our strikers can't put it on target. The two areas really hurting us are on the left wing and the target man spot. I really need to get loaners at these spots as I don't have the cash to bring anyone in on a free and I don't want to bring one of the U18's up if I can avoid it.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
08/21/11 - FA Cup kicks off

The English FA Cup began in earnest today with Badshot Lea, Sawbridgeworth, Rocester and Norton Utd among those in action. With 366 teams in action and 337 goals scored, the best viewing was to be found at The Charles Sports Ground where a crowd of 433 witnessed Deal's 3 - 1 victory over Badshot Lea. One of the likely talking points from the game was a red card for Deal's Tom O'Connor.

Elsewhere, Jason Crooks scored twice during Sawbridgeworth's 6 - 6 draw with Nuneaton Griff and Ben Marshall scored the best of the goals in Berkhamsted's 3 - 1 victory over Rocester with a shot which owed an assist to the post.

A potential First Qualifying Round clash against Bedfont Town awaits the winner of what is sure to be a fiercely contested match.

08/23/2011 ESLPD Cambridge City 1-2-0 (9th) @ Chesham 1-1-1 (12th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: 186 Favorite: Cambridge 5-4
Lineup DMC - Powell
GK - Barrett AMC - Midgley
DL/R - Branch / Henshaw AML/R - Coates / Bussens
DC - Theobald / Palmer ST - Hammond / Yamfam
Summary MOM - Simon Thomas Chesham 8.8
A fine summer's evening at The Meadow saw Chesham United come out on top against surprisingly lackluster Cambridge City. Two goals from Simon Thomas helped Chesham to victory.

Chesham United finally took the lead when striker Simon Thomas scored a well struck effort in the 49th minute. An error from Cambridge City's Craig Bussens allowed Thomas to score a real poacher's effort. Young striker Jean-Phillip Yamfam's 75th minute strike proved the only consolation for Cambridge City.

Cambridge C have dropped five places to 14th in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division, with teams such as Banbury United, Oxford City and Evesham United climbing above them.

Cambridge - 1 Chesham - 2
Shots 5 On target 3 Shots 10 On target 5
Poss 42% Bookings 3 Poss 58% Bookings 0
Goals Yamfam 75' Goals Thomas 49', 71'
Injuries Hammond, Henshaw, Powell Injuries None

Horrible effort on the road and it reveals our lack of depth with both Chaffey and Trimmer not in the starting 11, plus I had to use Midgley at AMC. As if the loss isn't enouth I get a vist from the Physio.

Steve Bradbury reports that Stefan Powell has suffered a pulled hamstring after the defensive midfielder attempted a sprint during the match against Chesham. Bradbury says Powell will be treated at the club and it is likely that he will be out for 4 to 5 weeks. Great!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/27/2011 ESLPD Frome 3-1-0 (2nd) @ Cambridge City 1-2-1 (14th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: 281 Favorite: Cambridge 1-6
Lineup: 4-5-1 DMC - Dove
GK - Hartley MCL/R - Nightingale / Bussens
DL/R - Chaffey / Henshaw AML/R - Trimmer / Midgley
DC - Theobald / Kelly ST - Hammond
Summary MOM - Lee Chaffey (Cambridge) 7.5
A sturdy defense and a battling midfield display were the foundations upon which Cambridge City built their 2 - 0 victory over Frome Town this afternoon.

Things did not get off to a good start for Frome Town as Cambridge City's Neil Midgley scored from the spot after Jamie Cheeseman had given away a penalty. Winger Rob Nightingale finally rounded off their victory in the 49th minute with a fine header from pointblank range.

Cambridge City have climbed above teams such as Stourbridge, Redditch United and Oxford City to 8th in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division.
Cambridge - 2 Frome - 0
Shots 5 On target 2 Shots 6 On target 1
Poss 44% Bookings Poss 56% Bookings
Goals Midgley (PK) 15', Nightingale 49' Goals None
Injuries None Injuries Cheeseman 45'

I went with a 4-5-1 for the first time and was very happy with our defense, though I am hoping for more on the offensive side. I really need a left winger, especially for this tactic, which requires him to cut inside and contribute to scoring.

I have loan offers to our big brother Cambridge United, but nobody wants to take the step down at this point. The latest is Liam Hughes, a striker at United that would have done nicely as either the target man in our 4-4-2 Diamond or the lone striker in the 4-5-1.

We have another match in 2 days and that will be a test with our squad somewhat depleted right now.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/29/2011 ESLPD Cambridge City 2-2-1 (8th) @ Arlesey 0-0-5 (22nd)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: Favorite: Cambridge 1-3
Lineup: 4-5-1 DMC - Dove
GK - Hartley MCL/R - Nightingale / Bussens
DL/R - Branch / Palmer AML/R - Coates / Midgley
DC - Theobald / Kelly ST - Hammond
Summary MOM - Ryan Palmer (Cambridge) 8.4

Cambridge City won a hard fought battle against Arlesey Town on a hard and bouncy surface at Hitchin Road.

With the game nearing an end, it was Lewis Trimmer who scored a fine header from pointblank range to give Cambridge City the lead in the 83rd minute. Trimmer's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Cambridge City had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many as they maybe would have liked.

Cambridge City have climbed above Frome Town, Oxford City and Hitchin Town to 6th in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division.

Cambridge - 2 Arlesey
Shots 9 On target 3 Shots 7 On target 2
Poss 45% Bookings 0 Poss 55% Bookings 1
Goals Trimmer 83' Goals None
Injuries Hammond 55' Injuries None

We were lacking energy from the get go and after a poor 1st half I went back to an attacking 4-4-2 Diamond as we had under 40% possession before halftime. It looked bad when Hammond went down, as I made all three subs at the half. I gambled and went to overload just before Trimmer headed home the only tally, then we sat back in a counter attack mode and rode it out.

I have a team meeting after the game and let them know that despite our start we are playing poorly. Several players spoke up and the outcome was positive....We will see what it means in the next few matches.

Quote:
08/30/11 - City brings on new signing

Left Winger Joshua Wain is delighted to have agreed terms with Cambridge City. Wain revealed that he was looking forward to working alongside head
coach Anthony Crooks.

Wain is a youngster and needs a lot of room to grow, but he has potential. Best attributes are Influence (14), Agression (13), Composure and Fitness (12) and First Touch, Flair and Pace (11). He will need to improve his crossing and immediately goes on specialized training to do so.

Injury Report

Steve Bradbury reports that there are still a few injury problems persisting within the Cambridge City squad.

Elliott Cox (damaged elbow) is close to a return to full fitness and should soon be available for selection.

Stefan Powell (pulled hamstring) is still a couple of weeks away from a return to full training and will continue to be monitored by the medical staff.

Luckily Hammond was just nicked in the Arlesey match and will not miss time.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

09/01/11

Assistant coach Danny Granville drops off a list of important dates in the month ahead:

9/3/2011 - English FA Cup Preliminary Round
9/3/2011 - Cambridge C Under 18s v Leighton Under 18s
9/3/2011 - Cambridge C v Chippenham (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
9/10/2011 - Hitchin Under 18s v Cambridge C Under 18s
9/10/2011 - Bashley v Cambridge C (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
9/12/2011 - Hitchin v Cambridge C (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
9/17/2011 - English FA Cup First Qualifying Round
9/17/2011 - Cambridge C Under 18s v Ware Under 18s
9/19/2011 - English FA Cup Second Qualifying Round Draw
9/20/2011 - Red Insure League Cup Preliminary Round
9/24/2011 - St. Albans Under 18s v Cambridge C Under 18s
9/24/2011 - Cambridge C v Banbury (Evo-Stik Southern Premier)
9/26/2011 - Red Insure League Cup First Round Draw
4/2/2012 - End of transfer window

Training

Among the senior players, Zac Barrett (GK - Handling) and Jean-Phillip Yamfam (Strength) have been impressing Paul Sharp and Colin Little on the training field although there have been concerns about the progress of Graham Branch (Strength).

In terms of the youth players, there has been no particularly positive or negative progress to report.

Board Update

To summarize, the board is satisfied with my coaching of the team.

The capture of Ryan Palmer, who the fans believe to be a very good signing, has been particularly pleasing.

Despite the positives, the fans are disappointed at Cambridge City's 1 - 2 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division defeat against Chesham.

The club recorded a loss of $7.57K last month.
Monthly Turnover: $20.51K
Previous Month: $33.21K
Main Income: Gate Receipts $14.42K
Monthly Expenditure: $28.08K
Previous Month: $34.68K
Main Expenditure: Bonuses - $9.74K

Quote:
09/01/11 - Swindon Advertiser

Barwell's striker Marcus Palmer has wowed the fans at Kirkby Road Sports Complex this month with some outstanding performances and has duly won the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division Player of the Month.

The striker has been deadly this month, scoring in excess of a goal a game.

With not much to choose between the top three, Cirencester's Tom Gallagher took second place and Charlie Comyn-Platt of Cirencester came third.

Quote:
09/01/11 - Hinckley Times

Cirencester Town's Brian Hughes has won the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division Manager of the Month award.

The award was made after the Centurians boss led his team to four league victories in their last six games.

(SLP) Cirencester 4 - 1 St. Albans (Aug 13th)
(SLP) Cirencester 6 - 0 Stourbridge (Aug 16th)
(SLP) Cirencester 1 - 1 Oxford City (Aug 20th)
(SLP) Cirencester 3 - 1 Supermarine (Aug 24th)
(SLP) Cirencester 2 - 0 Hitchin (Aug 27th)
(SLP) Cirencester 1 - 2 Chesham (Aug 29th)

Barwell's Jimmy Ginnelly came in just behind Hughes in second place with Mike Ford of Oxford City rounding off the top three.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-31-2012 at 12:26 PM.