Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #601
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very much expected worse things to happen in the "knife" scene.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #602
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Wow

Indeed, that sums it up.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #603
Radii
Head Coach

that may be the most intense hour of television i have ever watched. Oh my god.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #604
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The fire station is likely the last act of humanity we'll see until the final scene.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #605
Logan
Head Coach

Unbelievable.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #606
Brownkeg8
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Very much expected worse things to happen in the "knife" scene.

agreed, thought he was gonna finish her.
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #607
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownkeg8 View Post
agreed, thought he was gonna finish her.

I actually thought Jr. was gonna fall on it.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #608
Brownkeg8
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I actually thought Jr. was gonna fall on it.

I guess it seemed likely as they were rolling around that it was the perfect scenario.
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #609
Butter
Coordinator

So, the phone call to Skyler... was that him actually lashing out, or was that his way of letting her go, of trying to let the police know that none of this was her fault so that she wouldn't feel any legal repercussions?
Old 09-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #610
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
So, the phone call to Skyler... was that him actually lashing out, or was that his way of letting her go, of trying to let the police know that none of this was her fault so that she wouldn't feel any legal repercussions?

I think the prevailing theory is that it was meant as cover but I think he's pretty much so far gone that it at the very least started as lashing out (see the phrasing of the Hank reveal/confirmation). It may have been softened by the end (see trip to the fire station) but I don't buy it being purely cover.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #611
Logan
Head Coach

I think it was 100% cover. Walt would never, ever think the police wouldn't be there after he abducted a child as his son was already on the phone looking for help. You can also see Skyler realizing what was going on along the way, her manner shifted about halfway through the call.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #612
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I think it was 100% cover. Walt would never, ever think the police wouldn't be there after he abducted a child as his son was already on the phone looking for help. You can also see Skyler realizing what was going on along the way, her manner shifted about halfway through the call.

Yeah, this. Saying that about Hank clearly cut him up.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #613
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
This 100%
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #614
Jas_lov
College Starter

It was cover to protect her. Walt even said I built this myself.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #615
King of New York
High School Varsity

So...who picked up Walt in the red minivan? Saul?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #616
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post

Saul's guy. Same guy who tried picking up Jesse a few weeks ago, and the same guy Walt was going to use to disappear when Gus' (?) guys were looking for him, but he didn't have the $125K that it costs thanks to Skyler giving the money to TEd
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #617
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post

The guy who helps people disappear. Same minivan as Jesse walked away from.

Of course, there could be another swerve but with the flashforwards disappearing to NH is at least the expected outcome at some point.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #618
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Unreal. Not sure I will be able to handle two more episodes like that.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #619
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post
The guy who helps people disappear. Same minivan as Jesse walked away from.

Of course, there could be another swerve but with the flashforwards disappearing to NH is at least the expected outcome at some point.

Next episode is entitled "Granite State", so yeah, it's going to be something about NH. Unless they are being extraordinarily obtuse.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #620
Subby
lolzcat

Good review of the last night's episode:

Review of Breaking Bad, "Ozymandias" | TIME.com
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #621
Easy Mac

I keep seeing people say the flashforward we saw to start season 5 (or was it 5.5?), where Walt buys the gun, is to save Jesse. I just don't see it anymore. He was more than content enough to let him die last night. I could understand if he had been the one to halt the execution by Jack, but Lance (Todd) did that. I don't know that Walt had thought that they would enslave Jesse to cook, nor do I think he'd care, since ratting on Walt appears to be the breaking point in Walt's code.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #622
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I keep seeing people say the flashforward we saw to start season 5 (or was it 5.5?), where Walt buys the gun, is to save Jesse. I just don't see it anymore. He was more than content enough to let him die last night. I could understand if he had been the one to halt the execution by Jack, but Lance (Todd) did that. I don't know that Walt had thought that they would enslave Jesse to cook, nor do I think he'd care, since ratting on Walt appears to be the breaking point in Walt's code.

I think Walt essentially blames Jesse for Hank's death. Between telling Frank where Jesse was hiding and telling him about watching his girlfriend die and do nothing about it, I think Walt is pretty much done with Jesse.

We know he buys the gun on his 52nd birthday. I forget when he had his 51st birthday, so I am not sure how much time is supposed to have passed between now and when he comes back from New Hampshire.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #623
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Any thoughts about my son's theory from last night, that Todd is actually working for the Feds at this point?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #624
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
We know he buys the gun on his 52nd birthday. I forget when he had his 51st birthday, so I am not sure how much time is supposed to have passed between now and when he comes back from New Hampshire.

It was nine months as of a few episodes ago. I don't remember where I saw the breakdown but S05E04 is Walt's 51st birthday. S05E08 has a "month pass" portion, then Hank sees the WW book.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #625
Easy Mac

Quote:
Any thoughts about my son's theory from last night, that Todd is actually working for the Feds at this point?

I don't see it, but anything's possible with this show.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #626
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

"At this point" being after the shootout with the DEA agents, or before? I don't see it either way but pretty sure an informant actively participating in such a shootout would be a big problem.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #627
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah I don't see why Walt would want to save Jesse at this point, unless something happens that causes him to dramatically change his tune. He wasn't just content to let him die last night...he pulled him out from a hiding spot and sent him away to die.

I honestly have no idea what is coming next, and I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #628
Easy Mac

So will Walt poison himself with the ricin, or will Marie poison him and the cops will assume he poisoned himself with whatever ricin is left?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #629
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #630
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
So will Walt poison himself with the ricin, or will Marie poison him and the cops will assume he poisoned himself with whatever ricin is left?

Why would the cops assume that? The point of the ricin was to kill someone without making it look suspicious.

I also don't think Walt is planning on using it himself since he described it as a horrible, slow death.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #631
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I was one of those people but it was always based on the fact that Walt had such a huge blind/soft spot for Jesse. That's gone now, so I agree, he's not likely to be coming back for Jesse.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #632
Butter
Coordinator

Yeah, I don't know why Walt would want to use the ricin on himself, but that seems to be a super-popular theory.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #633
Easy Mac

The ricin is out there for him to use, and there was the whole scene with Marie in her therapist's office talking about poisoning someone. I can't imaging that scene was thrown in there without it directly connecting to something else in the future.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #634
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I also don't think Walt is planning on using it himself since he described it as a horrible, slow death.

+1

Lydia remains the only reasonable ricin target at this point... but I can't even begin to guess why he would care about her enough to do so anymore.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #635
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Yeah, I don't know why Walt would want to use the ricin on himself, but that seems to be a super-popular theory.

It makes no sense from a rational perspective but people do poison and hang themselves with guns readily available. I heard David Foster Wallace describe it in a way where I finally could understand it - if you're in enough distress and enough pain to where the death is preferable, your brain doesn't really distinguish between the pain involved in different types of suicide attempts the same way because all of that pain is less than the pain you're going through. Like if you're burning alive in a building, pretty much any other means of death seems equally preferable.

So I'd buy it from a realism perspective, but not from a storyline perspective for this show. I just can't see Walt's story ending with him popping a pill and slowly dying. But it also seems like just knocking off Lydia (the other theory) wouldn't really be significant or shocking enough to warrant the 5-season build-up of ricin as a thing. Maybe he tries to poison Lydia, or a member of the supremacists, but it gets accidentally misdirected somehow and kills his son or someone else.

Last edited by molson : 09-16-2013 at 01:26 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #636
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
+1

Lydia remains the only reasonable ricin target at this point... but I can't even begin to guess why he would care about her enough to do so anymore.

I could see Marie being the target. He may blame her for breaking up his family thinking if she hadn't told them Walt was being arrested he would have been able to get Walt Jr. and Skylar to come with him.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #637
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I could see Marie being the target. He may blame her for breaking up his family thinking if she hadn't told them Walt was being arrested he would have been able to get Walt Jr. and Skylar to come with him.

I would be very surprised if it was Marie who was the target. I think she still falls within Walt's "family" definition - she's Skylar's sister after all - and, thus, off limits as far as he's concerned. He was willing to go to prison for life before killing Hank.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #638
Critch
lolzcat

I thought the ricin would end up in the Schraderbrau, but that seems to be gone. So I'm now going for the ricin ending up in a meth batch to the Czechs. Bring down some Czech fury on the nazis when their customers start dropping dead.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #639
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"At this point" being after the shootout with the DEA agents, or before? I don't see it either way but pretty sure an informant actively participating in such a shootout would be a big problem.

Kid covered that "he didn't hit anything, hell, hardly anybody hit anything so him shooting badly (intentionally) wouldn't have even been noticed"
Old 09-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #640
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I thought the ricin would end up in the Schraderbrau, but that seems to be gone. So I'm now going for the ricin ending up in a meth batch to the Czechs. Bring down some Czech fury on the nazis when their customers start dropping dead.

Yes. Jessie wont help Todd cook so the Nazis will threaten Walt's family, forcing him to come back and cook.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #641
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Probably late to the party, but in case anyone watched Lost Uncle Jack was actually on it briefly.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs3 : 09-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #642
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Kid covered that "he didn't hit anything, hell, hardly anybody hit anything so him shooting badly (intentionally) wouldn't have even been noticed"

He did look stupid shooting that gun. And I could maybe see that in another show - the feds already knew about Walt long before, were building a case, and were keeping it from Hank (which would make sense), meanwhile, Hank is independently putting together the pieces himself. But in this show, it doesn't seems to fit as well - it'd be almost like a Vince Russo-swerve (since you'll get that reference), which we haven't really stuff like that yet.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #643
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Yes. Jessie wont help Todd cook so the Nazis will threaten Walt's family, forcing him to come back and cook.

The Nazis are going to force Jesse to cook by threatening Brock and his mother. That's why their picture was up in the lab. They made it very clear: Cook for us, or they die/get hurt.

It's possible Walt will come back to help Brock and mom, but there's also the matter of Jesse's taped confession. Jesse laid his confession all out to Hank. Presumably that tape/dvd/whatever is still at Hank's house. It's possible that the Nazis my make a go for it and that could bring Walt back to town.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #644
Subby
lolzcat

I definitely think that Jack and his crew are going after Marie.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #645
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The Nazis are going to force Jesse to cook by threatening Brock and his mother. That's why their picture was up in the lab. They made it very clear: Cook for us, or they die/get hurt.

This is absolutely right. Jesse cooks for as long as they want him to now.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #646
tarcone
Coordinator

I think Walt uses the poison on the Nazis. Gets Jessie out. But the 2 guys in the cafe live and are after Walt. Thats why Walt has the gun. There will be another shootout.
Todd will show up and kill the Nazis and let Walt and Jessie ride off into the sunset.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #647
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Todd will show up and kill the Nazis and let Walt and Jessie ride off into the sunset.

And then Todd lives happily-ever-after with his tarantula and Lydia's discarded tea mug.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #648
Bad-example
College Starter

Walt is gone. What brings him back with bad intentions?

1- The Nazis that stole his money. Walt's cancer is back and he is way off the chemo. With the end rapidly approaching, pure revenge against Todd & Co. seems believable.

2- Rescue of Jessie. I doubt this is what happens but the writers could go this way if they chose.

3- Jessie has escaped and threatens Walt's family. I could sure see that lighting a fire under Walt's backside.

I like the idea that Walt somehow gets the ricin into a batch of meth. I was thinking more along the lines of an aerosol delivery gadget that poisons a whole roomful of people, including Walt. I don't recall Walt saying that ricin is a particularly bad way to die...flu-like symptoms, die in a couple days, looks like natural causes...?
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #649
tarcone
Coordinator

I wonder how Walts trashed house plays into this. With Heisenberg spray painted on the wall. That would seem to eliminate the Nazis. They know his real name. So who does that to his house?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #650
chadritt
High School Varsity

Once his story gets out, which i think they've done a good job showing it will, then it could be anyone since the house will get seized and condemned. Heck, i would buy it being one of the kids who skateboards in his old pool
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote