Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Chilton Stables - Starters Orders 4

After reading Eaglefans dynasty I decided to give SO4 a try and though I don't really follow Horse racing decided to give it a try as it looks like a fast paced, fun game. So, I will track my learning of the game in a dynasty.

I start the game with $200,000 and 3 horses. I pick up a 2 yr old Filly at auction, that started at a 61K reserve and cost me over $105,000.00 when I over estimated another bidders interest and drove the price up too high and got stuck. So with that I add Khalkevi to my stable, who is best at 5 furlongs (good because my other Horses are all 1M 3F or more) and is the offspring of a grade 2 winner.

I also retain a jockey and an apprentice and with that I present Chilton Stables

Current Stable
Horse (Rating)Age/GenderDispositionPreferences(Races) 1-2-3Earnings
Linens Flame (-)2yo / FillyNormal1M 3F - good track(0) 0-0-0$0.00
Furniture Factors(81)3yo / ColtNormal1M 3F - slow track(0) 0-0-0$0.00
Kabarda (63)4yo / FillyNormal1M 4F - good track(0) 0-0-0$0.00
Khalkevi (-)2yo / FillyNormal5F - heavy/slow track(0) 0-0-0$0.00
Cash: $60,148.00JockeyP Bailey(Rides) 1st-2nd-3rd(1) 0-0-0$241.00
ApprenticeM Clifton(Rides) 1st-2nd-3rd(0) 0-0-0$0.00

I put all on stamina training, except Khalkevi, who will train for speed. One thing that stands out after running gallop trials is that Furniture Factors is a good finisher, so he will have orders to challenge late in races. Nothing jumps out at me on any of the others yet, except none are fit to race except Kabarda right now.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-01-2012 at 10:20 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

With Kabarda entered in a race I run one more gallop trial with the other three Horses and Furniture Factors does nothing to discourage my faith that he will be a great closer. I decide to focus Khalkevi's training on breaking fast as she will need a fast start to be successful, since she fades badly at the end.

I will look to enter Linens Flame (my least impressive Horse), Furniture Factors and Khalkevi in races towards the end of January.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

January 10, 2010 - Great Lakes Downs
Class: 2Distance: 1M 4FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $17,425Field: 8 horsesType: 0-100 Handicap, 2 yo and up
Entry (Jockey)Kabarda (Bailey)Odds: 11-1
Instructions going in were not to trail and it didn't start that way as Kabarda lanquished in last place for the first 8 furlongs before making a move, bouncing between 5th and 6th entering the last 2 furlongs. From here she showed an impressive kick to bring come in 4th place, though she never challenged the top 3. Earnings for the race were $871.00 and Bailey indicated he rode her as a closer, which seemed to suit her. She was perfectly suited to the distance. Happy to earn a little cash first time out.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-01-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

January 11, 2010 - Charles Town
Class: 7Distance: 5FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $5706Field: 8 horsesType: Selling race 2 yo
Entry (Jockey)Linens Flame (Bailey)Odds: 4-1 (F)
No instructions given and Bailey rode her as a closer, with no feedback on this strategy. She settled near the back of the back early on and with the exception of a slight kick at the end that put her in 7th for a moment was badly outclassed, despite being the favorite. It is clear she is not a sprinter and Bailey indicated at the end she is suited to longer distances. Last place finish, well off the pace and no winnings.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

January 12, 2010 - Ellis Park
Class: 4Distance: 5FSurface: TurfWeather: Clear
Purse: $10,089Field: 6 horsesType: Maiden race 2 yo
Entry (Jockey)Khalkevi (Bailey)Odds: 10-3
My prized and only sprinter, we will see how she does. I instruct Bailey to make a fast start as Khalkevi is poor on starts and that won't cut it in sprints. Khalkevi started from the outside, but broke fast and took second place out of the gate. She remained in 2nd until the final quarter furlong, where she was edged out by a head at the wire. The winner had this one wrapped up early and was never threatened. We still earn $1008.00 for finishing 3rd. Bailey indicates he rode Khalkevi as a closer, which possibly suits her, perfectly suited for the distance, but she hated the surface.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

January 20, 2010 - Philadelphia Park
Class: 7Distance: 1M 1FSurface: TurfWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $4,600Field: 9 horsesType: Selling race 3 yo & up
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Factors (Bailey)Odds: 9-2
It is raining by the time the race starts, but Furniture Factors has run gallop trials in the rain and handled them well. We will look to run mid pack and challenge late and at the start he comes out in 5th, remaining a comfortable distance back. With just under 3 furlongs to go he makes his move and is reeling in the leader, when Babucon knocks him off stride making a challenge and Furniture Factors stumbles. He recovers enough to hold on for 3rd place and earn $460. Bailey seems to think running as a closer suits him, just lacked the pace. Feels 1M 2F is a better distance.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

February 3, 2010 - Arlington Park
Class: 4Distance: 5FSurface: TurfWeather: Showers
Purse: $4,600Field: 9 horsesType: Maiden race 2yo open
Entry (Jockey)Khalkevi (Bailey)Odds: 1-3 (F)
Khalkevi, now rated at 74 after her first race is the heavy favorite and I ask Bailey to never trail. Unfortunately she is a slow starter and breaks at the back, finally gaining the lead with 3.5 furlongs to go. She is looking strong down the stretch, but with less than a furlong left she starts to fade and Riverboat Dancer catches her to take the win. Khalkevi hangs on to 2nd by a nose and we earn $6366 for placing, though the 16K + 1st prize would have been better! Bailey rode her as a stalker and thinks it suited her. Thought the distance was off, I need to work her stamina.

Thinking about putting Linens Flame, who rated a 39 after her first race up for auction after her next run. Hopefully she inpresses and I pick up some cash. Khalkevi and Furniture Factors are going to keep me close to break even if they can perform in class 4 and better races, which will be their focus.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

February 7, 2010 - Horsemans Park
Class: 7Distance: 1M 2FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $5,388Field: 11 horsesType: Selling race 3yo up
Entry (Jockey)Kabarda (Clifton)Odds: 10-1
We give the apprentice his first ride and I ask him to challenge early, big mistake since Kabarda is buried at the back on the break, where she remains for over half the race. She makes a move at about 5.2 furlongs to go and climbs as high as 5th, but the mover came too early and she fades, dropping to 8th where she finishes out of the money. A disappointing finish for a class 7 race for sure. Clifton rode her as a closer and thinks that fit, but he made the move too early, distance is fine. Thinking about maybe putting her up for auction too, rated 66 after last race.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

February 10, 2010 - Hastings
Class: 4Distance: 1M 3FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $10,856Field: 16 horsesType: Maiden race 3yo
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Factors (Bailey)Odds: 7-1
Furniture Factors was raring to go and I requested our usual strategy of challenging at the end. He broke well with a pack of 6 and reached as high as 4th place over the first half of the race. Two horses from the second pack made an early run and Furniture Factors tried to match them too early and ended up getting boxed in. He had nothing left for a home stretch kick and fnished out of the money at 8th. Bailey rode him as a stalker and didn't think it suited him....No kidding, he is a finisher, so I am not happy with the ride at all.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

February 13, 2010 - Delta Downs
Class: 4Distance: 6FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $9,609Field: 5 horsesType: Maiden selling race 2yo
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Linens Flame (Clifton)Odds: 4-5 (F)
Bailey was not available, so I had to go with the apprentice and it probably hurt me. With this race being half her preferred distance I requested he ride as a pacemaker and not trail. She broke in 2nd, but it was apparent early that the leader would not be challenged. It eventually turned into a pack of three up front with Linens Flame struggling to hold on to 4th, which she did, earning $480.00. Clifton rode as instructed, but had no feedback. The auction went equally bad and I bought her back for $5,860.00, great financial move!!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

February 28, 2010 - Meadowlands
Class: 4Distance: 5FSurface: TurfWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $10,693Field: 6 horsesType: Maiden race 2yo
Entry (Jockey)Khalkevi (Bailey)Odds: 1-3 (F)
Khalkevi is the favorite again, but slow starts are again her undoing. She broke third from the gate and pretty much stayed there the entire race, closing to within a head of the 2nd place horse at the finish line. She has placed in all three races thus far and the 3rd place finish here earns the stables $1069.00. Bailey rode her in the pack and said that suited her, but he was not sure about the distance. Five Furlongs is as short as it gets, so I just need to continue to train stamina and in the off-season will work on starts.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

March 3, 2010 - Northlands Park
Class: 4Distance: 6FSurface: DirtWeather: Rain
Purse: $10,693Field: 9 horsesType: Maiden race 2yo
Entry (Jockey)Linens Flame (Clifton)Odds: 10-3 (F)
Linens Flame is the favorite, which I don't see. Again we have to go with the apprentice jockey, who I tell to challenge early since the distance is so short. A bad start sees her in dead last and no higher than 8th entering the last quarter. She is able to close a bit and take 7th at the end, but again finished out of the money. Her rating has climbed to 49, so I may try another auction and not bid this time. Clifton rode as a closer, which seemed to suit. The distance was too short and she got stuck in the back of the pack and he was unable to get her competitive.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

March 5, 2010 - Gulfstream
Class: 1Distance: 1M 2FSurface: TurfWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $32,901Field: 7 horsesType: Grade 3 race 3yo and up
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Factors (Bailey)Odds: 11-1
A big step up in competition, but I want to see what he can do on a bigger stage. Pre-Race instructions are to challenge late. He gets off a bit slow and is last early, but quickly moves up to 5th by halfway, then 4th entering the final 1.5 furlongs. Bailey lays the whip and Furniture Factors takes 3rd and is able to finish there holding off a stiff challenge at the end. Though we never threatened the top 2, it was still a good result that earned the stable $3,290. Bailey rode as a closer, which seemed to suit and also felt the distance was right. The horse also loved the surface.

Really happy with our big 2 of Khalkevi and Furniture Factors. They now have 5 top three finishes out of 6 races between them and they are definitely the stars of the stable. I will look to build around them going into next season. Bailey is doing a good job riding them and Clifton is getting experience on my other two mounts, though I am not sure that is doing them any favors.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-02-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Fun game, but one slightly annoying gameplay issue is that it sometimes freezes when I try and alt/tab to go to my dynasty document and you have to pound alt/tab several times to unfreeze it. Hope the next version has a windows mode.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

March 15, 2010 - Hastings
Class: 5Distance: 1M 4FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $8,384Field: 9 horsesType: 0-70 Handicap race 3yo & up
Entry (Jockey)Kabarda (Clifton)Odds: 12-1
Asked Clifton to hold a steady pace and challenge late and it seemed to work over the first 8+ furlongs, with the field separated into three packs of 3 and Kabarda holding steady in the second group. Clifton challenged with 5 furlongs left and though Kabarda reached 3rd place it was way too early. The pack bunched up quite a bit at the end and Kabarda got stuck and faded. Clifton managed the race poorly in my opinion, but he is an apprentice. Clifton indicated he ran in the pack which seemed to suit, the distance was too long and the horse was not competitive in the class.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

March 27, 2010 - Golden Gate Fields
Class: 4Distance: 5FSurface: TurfWeather: Rain
Purse: $12,920Field: 8 horsesType: Maiden Race 2yo
Entry (Jockey)Khalkevi (Bailey)Odds: 1-1 (F)
We are the favorite in this class 4 race, but I make a grave error when I order Bailey to push the pace. Being a slow starter Khalkevi breaks in the 6th position and though she climbs to 4th early, the energy she expends trying to get out of the pack takes its toll. With still more than a furlong to go she fades to last and finishes the race, out of the money for the first time in her career. Lesson learned. Bailey's feedback indicates he rode her as a front runner, but they had no chance out there.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

April 8, 2010 - Santa Anita (Santa Anita Derby)
Class: 1Distance: 1M 1FSurface: DirtWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $1,200,000Field: 8 horsesType: Grade 1 race 3yo
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Factors (Bailey)Odds: 25-1
I take a big gamble here in a national race and can only hope I don't waste the entry fee. Pre-race instructions are stay near track center and challenge later. Unfortunately our stud Colt is never in a position to do so. Anna Ivanova sets a blistering pace (39mph) and we quickly fall to last and remain there until the final furlong, gaining 7th place only after Anna Ivanova complete collapses and falls from first to last. Bailey rode him as a closer, but as he so eloquently put it. "We were never in it." Back to class 4 we go.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

April 12, 2010 - Suffolk Downs
Class: 2Distance: 1M 4FSurface: DirtWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $19,774Field: 7 horsesType: 0-100 Handicap 4yo & up
Entry (Jockey)Kabarda (Clifton)Odds: 9-1
A big jump up for Kabarda and I take an even bigger risk by allowing Clifton to set the race strategy. The pack broke together and Kabarda spent the first half between 5th and 6th place with the second group of three horse. Entering the final 5 furlongs the pack bunched up and Kabarda got pinned briefly by Call of the Wild. She finally broke free and managed to hang on for 5th place, taking home $395.00. Clifton did a good job, riding her as a closer which seemed to suit her, the distance was also good. He suggests she would be more successful against lesser competition.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

April 27, 2010 - Sam Houston
Class: 7Distance: 1M Surface: DirtWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $5,344Field: 12 horsesType: Selling race 2yo and up
Entry (Jockey)Linens Flame (Clifton)Odds: 11-2
We get stuck at the back again out of the gate, but Linens Flame does a good job fighting her way up begins a run with just over 5 furlongs to go which takes her to 4th place. Clifton is doing a great job with her, but in the end she just can't maintain the pace and she fades to 6th place, just out of the money. Still a good race for the size of the field and the start. Clifton indicates she was ridden in the pack, which seemed to suit her, but she struggle with the pace. Linens Flame now rates at 55 and goes up for auction, but only fetches $4,710. My worst horse, but still a bad return.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

May 3, 2010 - Horseman's Park
Class: 1Distance: 5FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $27,135Field: 6 horsesType: Class 1 Allowance 2yo
Entry (Jockey)Linens Khalkevi (Bailey)Odds: 18-1
Another big time race for Khalkevi and she breaks well hanging with the pack for the first couple of furlongs, but when the pace picked up she slipped from 4th to 6th and had nothing left to challenge down the stretch. Stamina is not this Horse's strength and the speed to compete at this class is not there. We finish 6th out of the money for the second straight race with Khalkevi. Bailey rode in the pack with no feedback, except that we were just outclassed by this field.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

May 17, 2010 - Fairmount Park
Class: 3Distance: 1M 4FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $14,426Field: 4 horsesType: 0-90 Handicap 4yo &up
Entry (Jockey)Kabarda (Clifton)Odds: 11-4
Only a field of 4, so we are guaranteed money, which is always a good thing. I leave the young Clifton to his own devices and he breaks 3rd, staying with a pack of 3 as the lead horse races out well in front, though the pace is slow. With around 7 furlongs to go Kabarda starts to move up, grabbing 2nd and closing on the leader. Two furlongs left and the leader is fading and Kabarda moves into first, extends the lead and becomes our first race winner by over a length, earning $8,655 for the 1st place finish!! Clifton rode as a closer and says the Horse is a machine!

I love the fact that my apprentice Jockey brings home the stables first win, he has impressed me with his recent rides and if this continues he could become our main guy next season.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

Stable update

Current Stable
Horse (Rating)Age/GenderDispositionPreferences(Races) 1-2-3Earnings
Furniture Factors(81)3yo / ColtNormal1M 3F - slow track(4) 0-0-2$3,750.00
Kabarda (71)4yo / FillyNormal1M 4F - good track(5) 1-0-0$9,921.00
Khalkevi (75)2yo / FillyNormal5F - heavy/slow track(5) 0-1-2$8,443.00
Cash: $29,768.00JockeyP Bailey(Rides) / Wins(80) / 10$2,636,704.00
ApprenticeM Clifton(Rides) / Wins(7) / 1$9,530.00

With Kabarda's big win we finally she our finances head up and with only 3 horses I may have to target smaller fields to insure I am not losing money as badly. Clifton is getting about half our rides now with Bailey busy elsewhere so much, but I have no issues with that as he is doing a good job.

I am hoping to have enough for a 4th horse soon, but I am happy with the three I have, especially Kabarda who gained a rating increase of +8 from her last race after this win. I have a total of 4 staff now and the weekly bills are mounting. We need a couple of big wins!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

May 18, 2010 - Mountaineer Park
Class: 1Distance: 1M 1FSurface: TurfWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $24,467Field: 6 horsesType: Allowance 3yo & up
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Factors (Bailey)Odds: 15-2
We are the long shot and I hope we can at least compete for a spot in the money, Bailey is on his own for strategy. Furniture Factors breaks last and remains there for the first 5+ Furlongs. He makes a nice run and reaches 4th, but is soon caught and falls to the rear of a tight pack. He makes one last run over the final 2 furlongs and passes the badly fading pace horse and just misses out on 4th by a nose at the wire. A 5th place finish earns $489.00 and he was competitive at points. Bailey rode as a closer, but conceded we had no chance to win. Back down to class 3 and 4 races.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

May 30, 2010 - Sam Houston
Class: 4Distance: 5FSurface: TurfWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $22,594Field: 9 horsesType: Maiden 2yo open
Entry (Jockey)Khalkevi (Clifton)Odds: 1-1 (F)
Khalkevi is the favorite and I give Clifton his first ride on this horse as a reward for his performance last time out with Kabarda. It is not an overly fast start and Khalkevi settles into 3rd place and bounces between there and 4th over the first half. Clifton attempts to break from the pack with about 2 furlongs left, but is beaten to the punch by Black Ivor, who looks set for a strong finish. Khalkevi moves into 2nd, but is not going to catch the leader today and ends up finishing there earning $2493.00. Clifton thought riding her in the pack suited, but the distance did not.

A nice bounce back at a class more her level, but Khalevi's stamina is getting worse and it is a concern. This will be a focus in the off-season, if I decide to keep her.

An interesting development in training the day after this race as I pit Kabarda against Furniture Factors in a gallop session. Kabarda leads the entire way and though Furniture Factors comes on at the end as usual, Kabarda wins by a nose. I think we may have a new alpha emerging in the stables.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #25
BYU 14
Coordinator

June26, 2010 - Colonial Downs
Class: 3Distance: 1M 4FSurface: DirtWeather: Dry
Purse: $14,560Field: 8 horsesType: 0-90 Handicap 4yo & up
Entry (Jockey)Kabarda (Bailey)Odds: 11-2
Bailey rides Kabarda for only the second time, no instructions from me. Kabarda breaks slow and is soon in last place after Badwell Ash sets a blistering pace. With 5.7 furlings to go Bailey makes his move, but the pack is congested and Kabarda doesn't get a clear lane until there are under 3 furlongs left. We claw our way into 3rd place, but don't have enough to hold it at the end, just managing to hang on to 4th at the wire earning $728.00. Bailey indicates she was ridden as a closer which possibly suits. Both the trip distance and the ground were perfect.

My horses are wearing down a bit, but we have just over 16K left in the bank, so I can't afford to rest them
Old 01-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

June 30, 2010 - Laurel Park
Class: 4Distance: 1M 2FSurface: TurfWeather: Showers
Purse: $11,495Field: 10 horsesType: Maiden 3yo open
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Factors (Clifton)Odds: 11-2
The youngster gets the ride and in light of his recent performances I let him set his own strategy. As always Furniture Factors breaks slow and is 9th for the first few Furlongs. The pace is fair and the pack is bunched up, which worries me as Clifton starts to spur him on with around 6 furlongs to go. It appears Furniture Factors is pinched in, but Clifton does some expert riding and he waves through the pack to fight for 2nd place. There is not enough left to catch Anchors up, but we hold off Anna Brurere and take 2nd winning $2343.00. Ridden as closer which suited well.

After the race I go to auction and the first 6 horses quickly leave my price range. The final horse is a 6 yr old Mare who has been run 14 times already this season. The highest bid is $2550, going, going......I bid $2650 and nobody counters. Chilton Stables is now the proud owner of...

Peace Flag - 6 yr old Mare with 1 win from 14 starts and $8985 in earnings. She is rated a 57 and has a laid back personality. I will run her the rest of this year and then retire her to breed.

Bad news from the head lad who tells me Kabarda has had about enough racing this season and should rest until next year after only 6 starts. Furniture Factors is also close to being done for the season, so I cut both back to light training, hoping their condition will improve enough to run in August. Not happy with having only 2 horses to run in July, I will have to be extra careful with training from here out.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

July 11, 2010 - Meadowlands
Class: 7Distance: 1MSurface: DirtWeather: Cloudy
Purse: $4,826Field: 9 horsesType: Selling race 4 yo and up
Entry (Jockey)Peace Flag (Garcia)Odds: 12-1
This race was booked when I bought her, so since I am not using my Jockey's I let Garcia call his own race. We finally have a horse that breaks well as she jumps into 3rd and stays there at a steady pace. With about 5 furlongs left she makes a move, but does not have the speed and is eventually passed by the entire field, falling 5 places in the last furlong alone. Terrible finisher, which should surprise me since the paddock said she looked lazy pre-race. Garcia indicates he rode in the pack and was just outclassed. That is putting it mildly.

Peace Flag is also booked to run again on July 25th, (also declared before I bought her) this horse is old and she is being raced to death!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #28
BYU 14
Coordinator

July 26, 2010 - Hastings
Class: 7Distance: 6FSurface: DirtWeather: Sunny
Purse: $5,076Field: 9 horsesType: Selling race 4 yo and up
Entry (Jockey)Peace Flag (Lopez)Odds: 33-1
Seeing we really have no chance I tell Lopez not to trail and he takes that to heart, getting Peace Flag off to a blazing 5th place start out of the gate. It is pretty much all down hill from there and she fades badly due to the higher pace set in a sprint. At the end she is not even in the widescreen shot, a full 8 lengths behind the 8th place horse. All Lopez can say is he rode her in the pack. Yeah, not for long you didn't. She again looks lazy pre-race per the paddock and to top it off sustains an injury and won't be doing anything for 10 days.

There is some good news as I have been pampering Kabarda and she looks like she will be able to race again this season, so I increase her training to moderate.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
BYU 14
Coordinator

August 2, 2010 - Fairmount Park
Class: 4Distance: 7FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $10,053Field: 6 horsesType: 0-80 Handicap
Entry (Jockey)KhalkeviOdds: 7-2
I feel good about a top 3 finish with just 6 horses so I bet $150 between win and WPS. Unfortunately Khalkevi is lost in her first race above 5 furlongs, breaking last as usual, but she could only peak at 4th and that came with over 4 furlongs to go. From that point she slowly faded and was not even close to the pack at the finish coming in dead last. Bailey indicates he rode her in the pack but they were never in it and the trip did not suit at all. She will only be run in 5 furlong races from here out. Worse of all, Chilton Stables is now $298 in the red....
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

August 8, 2010 - Charles Town
Class: 4Distance: 1M 2FSurface: DirtWeather: Clear
Purse: $9,446Field: 8 horsesType: Maiden 3yo
Entry (Jockey)Furniture Factors (Bailey)Odds: 9-4 (F)
Following the head lads advice I get Furniture Factors gelded and this is his first race without his 'equipment'. Absent Russian sets a stiff pace and we lay back with a pack of three, running in 2nd or 3rd place. The field starts to make its move with about 4 furlongs to go and we can't match the pace of Raby who runs down the leader while we slip back into 4th place by half a length winning $472.00. Bailey rode him in the pack which seemed to suit, but is not sure about the distance.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #31
BYU 14
Coordinator

August 22, 2010 - Suffolk Downs
Class: 3Distance: 6FSurface: DirtWeather: Wet
Purse: $14,679Field: 5 horsesType: 0-90 Handicap 4 yo and up
Entry (Jockey)Peace Flag (Clifton)Odds: 14-1
The "Iron Mare" is at it again in her 17th start of the season and with only 5 horses we will get something. Clifton has the ride and he breaks her 3rd out of the gate with a fast field for a muddy track setting a good pace. Peace flag actually closes the gap on the leader midway through, but as usual does not have the staying power and fades over the last 3 furlongs settling in 5th (and last) place, earning $293.00. Clifton rode her in the pack, but concedes they were never in it. We are now in the hole over $10,000 dollars as a stable.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #32
BYU 14
Coordinator

August 26, 2010 - Saratoga Park
Class: 4Distance: 1M 4FSurface: DirtWeather: Dry
Purse: $13,839Field: 4 horsesType: 0-80 Handicap 4 yo and up
Entry (Jockey)Kabarda (Clifton)Odds: 11-4
Kabarda returns and I take the apprentice over our regular Jockey as Clifton seems to have bonded with this horse. A small field is the perfect setting as she breaks 3rd and is content to hang back behind Badwell Ash for the first 8 furlongs. Clifton makes a move to close the gap with 5.5 furlongs left and it is going to be a tight finish. With a furlong to go Karbada turns it on running down, then blasting by the two leaders to win it going away, earning a much needed $8303.00. Her 2nd career win and Clifton, riding her as a closer indicates it was never in doubt.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #33
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Fun game, but one slightly annoying gameplay issue is that it sometimes freezes when I try and alt/tab to go to my dynasty document and you have to pound alt/tab several times to unfreeze it. Hope the next version has a windows mode.

I downloaded the Demo and it will run in a windowed mode. Click on Full Fat and it will bring up a list of options (including turning off audio and adjusting screen resolution).

Anyhow, your dynasty has inspired me to look into this game, even though I am not real knowledgeable on horse racing.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
I downloaded the Demo and it will run in a windowed mode. Click on Full Fat and it will bring up a list of options (including turning off audio and adjusting screen resolution).

Anyhow, your dynasty has inspired me to look into this game, even though I am not real knowledgeable on horse racing.

Will have to try that again, I must be doing something wrong since it won't go there for me

And thanks, I know very little about Horse racing as well, but am learning a lot from this game and having fun doing it. I really like the fact that you can pop on and run a couple of races when you have 10-15 minutes to kill. Still trying to get the hang of proper training cycles, but think I am almost there.