Longford 13 4 11 38 37 1 43
Athlone Town 9 9 10 25 31 -6 36
Mervue Utd 10 5 13 40 47 -7 35
SD Galway 9 5 14 42 53 -11 32
Wexford 3 9 16 19 47 -28 18

Player of the Year: Dominic Foley, Limerick FC
Goalkeeper of the Year: Barry Ryan, Limerick FC
Manager of the Year: Pat Scully, Limerick FC
Bronze Boot: Dominic Foley, Limerick FC (21 goals)
Goal of the Season: Stephen Reilhan, Athlone Town (vs. Waterford Utd)
Most Assists: Connor O' Grady, Limerick FC (11 Assists)

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 03-30-2012 at 08:09 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #52
Grover
Pro Starter

Strong finish to the season. Nice platform for next year!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #53
larrymcg421
Head Coach

December 2, 2012

Senior Challenge Cup Final: SD Galway at Sligo Rovers

There's alot of buzz about this match. It's the first time SD Galway has ever been in the final. About 9000 fans are expected to attend. Whereas we caught a break in the season when other clubs were likelyfielding backup squads, Sligo is sure to be plenty rested and able to send out their first team to demolish us.

Browne and N. Curran both left the club immediately when their contract expired, so they are not eligible after all. E. Curran still refuses to renew his deal, but has not left the club. If he does play, it will likely be his last appearance for SD Galway along with Trachminowicz and Astudillo.

Kiely is a new amateur signee who will get thrown into the mix immediately.

GK Holewa
FB Trachminowicz, CD Lyskov, CD Kiely, FB Horgan
DMC McGauley
MC Foley
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Astudillo, ST Mooney

5': They're awarded a penalty that seems a bit fishy to me, but it stands and they make the shot easily. 0-1

11': They cross it right in front of Holewa and he has no chance to stop the shot. 0-2

37': Give Holewa credit. He makes back to back brilliant saves. This could be much worse.

Halftime: We are clearly outclassed here, but are at least putting up a fight. I tell the team to take it easy and just try their best.

48': Baker makes a great strip, then sends a great cross into Sibanda who puts it away! 1-2

50': Holewa tries to catch a cross again, but he can't hold on. The ball slips behind him and Sligo put it away. 1-3

75': Sibanda leads the counter, gets it to Mooney, who sends a great pass in to Astudillo, but the shot goes right at the keeper.

Final Score: Sligo Rovers 3, SD Galway 1

Goals: Sibanda
Assists: Baker
Top Three: Sibanda 7.4, McGauley 6.9, Baker 6.9
Worst: Mooney 5.7
Shots: 4-12
On Target: 2-5
Possession: 43%

We made a great run at the cup, knocking off two Premier League clubs along the way. We earn $55.65k for our runner-up performance.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #54
larrymcg421
Head Coach

End of Season Review:

It was a rough year, but we had low expectations, so the board is satisfied with the 7th place finish. We were 2-2-10 at the halfway point, but managed to turn things around and post a 7-3-4 record in the second half. The cup run was very profitable and despite the salary issues, we netted the club a $174k profit this year.

Top 5s

Average Rating

Richie Baker - 7.24
Oscar Sibanda - 7.22
Rodrigo Astudillo - 7.09
Calvin Mooney - 7.09
Colm Horgan - 7.04

Goals

Enda Curran - 12
Rodrigo Astudillo - 9
Oscar Sibanda - 8
Calvin Mooney - 7
Alex Williams - 6

Assists

Oscar Sibanda - 12
Robert Porter - 7
Richie Baker - 7
Mike Tierney - 6
Rodrigo Astudillo - 4

Man of Match

Oscar Sibanda - 4
Rodrigo Astudillo - 3
Richie Baker - 2
Calvin Mooney - 2
All others less than 2

Appearances

Danny Holewa - 35
Thomas McGauley - 34
Mike Tierney - 31
Ciaran Foley - 29
Colm Horgan - 26

Old 03-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #55
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Offseason Update

*The board is happy enough with my performance that I get a two year contract extension at $300 p/w.

*The board gives me a massive increase in payroll. We can now spend $1.1k p/w which is double what we had last year. We are expected to finish in the middle of the standings. The options for higher expectations did not increase the payroll amount, so I did not select them.

*I also get a transfer budget of $16.29k. I immediately convert this to expanded payroll as I've learned a transfer budget is pretty useless at these lower levels since you can find plenty of suitable players on free transfers. After getting rid of the contracts for Williams, Trachminowicz, Astudillo, and Enda Curran we have an extra $960 p/w to spend in the offseason.

*Outlook: Starters that we'll be losing include Curran, Astudillo, Browne, and Trachimowicz. However, we'll be retaining key guys like Baker, Sibanda, Horgan, and Foley. My focus in the offseason will be to build around these guys.

*4 lower league teams are being added to the First Division this season - Avondale, Rockmount, Cherry Orchard, and Bangor Celtic have all been granted a First Division license and we'll have a 12 team battle. We'll play each other 3 times for a total of 33 games. Note: Not sure why the game is modeled this way, since the lower Irish leagues are not playable, nor are they part of the real world promotion system in Irish football. However, it is not an unrealistic occurrence since technically any team can apply for a First Division license.

*Here are our major signings:

DC Brahim Ait Amer, 21 ($200 p/w) - Has a ton of good attributes I look for in a defender, including Marking (12), Tackling (13), Stamina (12), Heading (11), Positioning (14). He lacks Strength (8) and Bravery (8), but he's way better than last season's best defender Eric Browne. He can also play the fullback spots in a pinch.

ST James Collins, 22 ($200 p/w) - I had to fight for this guy with a premier division side, but finally convinced him with a sizable signing bonus. I love the guy's Work Rate (16). He also has strong Finishing (12), Determination (15), Off the Ball (10), Heading (10). He's also 10+ in every physical attribute.

ST Chris Scannell, 35 ($160 p/w) - He's very old, so I only signed him to a 1 yr deal. Even if he declines, he looks too good to pass up. Work Rate (14), Off the Ball (13), Finishing (11), Teamwork (13), Determination (15).

FB Didier Caro, 27 ($150 p/w) - Very happy to get this guy as he seems to be an all around player. Can lead the counter with his Acceleration (13), Pace (12), and Passing (11), but also a solid defender with Tackling (12) and Marking (11). Also love the Work Rate (14) and Teamwork (14).

GK Aaron McCarey, 21 ($100 p/w) - I hate to drop Holewa because I kinda grew attached to him eventhough he isn't very good. However, this guy is insanely better and I was able to snag him for very little money. He's 10+ in every important GK skill, with particularly impressive Reflexes (13), Aerial Ability (13), Communication (13), and Handling (13). Also has the ability to start a strong counter with Throwing (13) and Kicking (11).

My only other current paid salaries right now are MC/DMC Ciaran Foley ($100 p/w), MC Mike Tierney ($95 p/w), AP Robert Porter ($80 p/w), DC James Whelan ($70 p/w), and my one youth contract DC Jonathan Dunleavy ($8 p/w). I release two guys, Emmet Shaw and Eugene Greaney who were not going to play. This leaves me with $294 p/w, which I will use to try and find another MC or DMC as I don't think Tierney is good enough to be a starter. I also have several amateur contract starters returning, including AP Oscar Sibanda, AP Richie Baker, DC/DMC Thomas McGauley, and FB Colm Horgan.

I also sign several amateur contracts, including MC/DMC/FB Brendan Daly (13 Marking, 12 Tackling, 16 Strength, 16 Flair), MC Philip Duffy (11 Work, 13 Passing, 12 Technique, 12 Pace), ST Thomas Prinz (11 Work, 12 Off the Ball, 12 Finishing, 12 Flair, 11 Pace), and ST Paul Harmon (11 Work, 11 Finishing, 11 Pace, 12 Passing).

The proposed depth chart coming in to 2012:

GK: McCarey, Holewa
FBL: Caro, King, Hume
FBR: Horgan, Daly, Walsh
DC1: Amer, Whelan, (MCGauley)
DC2: Lyskov, Whelan, (McGauley)
DMC: McGauley, (Foley), Daly
MC: Foley, Tierney, Duffy
APL: Sibanda, Porter, King
APR: Baker, (Sibanda), Porter
ST1: Collins, Mooney, Prinz
ST2: Scanell, Mooney, Prinz

I am fine with this except for the midfield spots. The McGauley experiment was a nice stopgap last year, but not good enough to take us to the next level. I'll continue looking for a solid MC so Foley can return to his natural position.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #56
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Strong finish to the season. Nice platform for next year!

Thanks! Here's hoping my new signees pay off.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #57
larrymcg421
Head Coach

January 29, 2012

Friendly - SD Galway vs. Monaghan United

Not much to write about here. We lose 1-0 against a Premier Division squad. No one was particularly bad or good in the match.

I finally found my Midfielder:

MC Moritz Murawski, 21 ($275 p/w) - Just what I'd been loking for. A guy that can control possession in the midfield and provide strong support to the attack. Work Rate (15), Teamwork (14), Off the Ball (13), Technique (12), Dribbling (12), Pace (12), Determination (12), Decisions (11), Passing (10).

February 5, 2013

Friendly - SD Galway at Galway United

We looked pretty good in this one and pulled off a 3-2 victory. Collins had 2 goals and Scanell had the other. Murawski looked great in the midfield and Baker dominated the right wing. Cause for concern is Amer's 5.3 rating and a lackluster performance from McCarey, who got beat too easily on the near post.

That was our last friendly as we play a two legged series in the 1st round of the All-Ireland Cup which includes teams from Ireland and North Ireland.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 03-31-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #58
larrymcg421
Head Coach

February 12, 2013

All-Ireland Cup 1st Round Leg 1: SD Galway vs. Crusaders

Crusaders are a N. Ireland Premier League team. This will be a tough match, but thankfully the board isn't expecting me to advance in this cup.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, CD Lyskov, CD Amer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

3': Baker with a nifty through pass in to Collins, who beats the keeper! 1-0

26': Scannell with a nice interception, sends it in to Collins whose shot misses wide left.

40': Nice long goal kick from McCarey is received by Scanell who passes to Collins. Collins splits two defenders and rifles a shot that is tipped over the bar.

43': Some beautiful teamwork as several short passes inside the box leave Murawski wide open and he puts through the easy shot! 2-0

Halftime: I tell the team to keep it up. Collins, Foley, and Baker were particularly good in the 1st half.

45': They get a break down the left wing when Horgan misses his tackle. The pass is sent in the middle and McCarey doesn't have a chance. 2-1

57': Slow as molasses Lyskov gets beat to a long ball by the striker and McCarey is caught in no man's land. 2-2

63': Scannell has a header going straight for the net, but it is knocked away at the last second.

68': Another break from Crusaders and McCarey is caught in no man's land yet again. 2-3

72': Now they are piling it on. A long goal kick and Amer loses a header challenge. The Crusaders striker then has an easy shot. 2-4

Final Score: Crusaders 4. SD Galway 2

Goals: Murawski, Collins
Assists: Baker, Collins
Top Three: Collins 7.9, Foley 7.3, Murawski 7.2
Worst: Amer 5.6
Shots: 7-13
On Target: 4-5
Possession: 41%

Not the way I wanted to start the season, even if it is a superior squad we faced. The defense just could not cope with the speed of their striker Noble who scored 4 second half goals.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #59
larrymcg421
Head Coach

February 19, 2013

All-Ireland Cup 1st Round Leg 2: SD Galway vs. Crusaders

Lyskov's lack of speed killed us last match, so I give Whelan the start. We have to win by 2 to force penalties.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Whelan, DC Amer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

5': Dangerous corner, but McCarey steps in to traffic and catches it.

12': Sibanda starts a counter and sends a cross in to Collins, whose header misses left.

39': They get a free kick near the penalty area and it is headed in. 0-1

Halftime: We are still clearly outmatched and have difficulty getting scoring chances. I try to cheer up the team as best I can.

55': Crusaders get a direct shot, but McCarey makes a great diving save. They attempt to put the rebound back through and McCarey makes another diving save.

65': McCarey rushes out and denies the ball from the Crusaders striker.

84': Scannell is denied on a perfect header into the box that is narrowly knocked aside.

Final Score: Crusaders 1, SD Galway 0

Goals: None
Assists: None
Top Three: Amer 7.3, Caro 7.0, Foley 6.9
Worst: Murawski 6.0
Shots: 4-12
On Target: 1-4
Possession: 40%

A better showing tonight as the defense stepped up with a solid effort. Now let's see how well we do in league play.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:32 AM   #60
larrymcg421
Head Coach

March 1, 2013

League: SD Galway vs. Bray Wanderers

We open the season at home to the recently relegated Bray Wanderers. We are 7-2 dogs. Their manager Joe Gallen says I'm dreaming if I think I can win this match. Hopefully we can make him eat his words. Horgan has a suspension left over from last season, so amateur Daly gets his first start.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Whelan, DC Amer, FB Daly
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

4': They have an early counterattack and get behind our defense, but the shot is missed to the left.

24': Nice long pass from Daly. Collins beats the defense to it and tries to flip a shot over the keeper, but it narrowly misses to the left.

29': They hit a corner into the box and Amer is whistled for the foul, giving them a penalty shot which they put through. 0-1

42': Sibanda sends a cross in. Scanell's shot bounces off a defender and into the net for an own goal! 1-1

Halftime: We're fortunate to be tied as they've controlled the match so far.

49': Murawski with a great through pass to Scannell, but his shot is blocked by the keeper.

54': Bray's Tyrell beats Daly around the left side and sends in a corner that is headed into the net. 1-2

66': Foley sends a free kick into the box. Scannell tries to head it, but is pulled down. The ref awards us a penalty. Baker knocks it through. 2-2

84': Daly sends a long pass into the right corner. The defender gets there, but Sibanda manages to strip him. He then sends a cross in which the keeper can't catch and Baker is there to put it through! 3-2

89': They send a cross in. McCarey mishandles it and Whelan knocks it in his own goal. Ugh! 3-3

Final Score: SD Galway 3, Bray Wanderers 3

Goals: Baker 2
Assists: Scannell 2, Sibanda
Top Three: Baker 8.8, Scannell 7.4, Daly 7.0
Worst: Whelan 5.9
Shots: 7-14
On Target: 4-2
Possession: 42%

Well starting with a draw against a recently relegated team wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the awful way it happened. Whelan will be riding the pine next match. That's for sure.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #61
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*We will be losing Amer from March 22-April 5 as he plays for Tunisia's U-20 team in the African U-20 championship.

*Baker is named to the Team of the Week.

March 8, 2013

League: SD Galway (0-1-0, 6th) at Finn Harps (0-0-01, 9th)

Last time we travelled to face Finn Harps they were in 1st place and we beat them 3-2. They never recovered and fell to 3rd. Horgan is back. Lyskov in for Whelan.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Lyskov, DC Amer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

6': Scannell receives a long pass and has a one on one opportunity, but is stripped before he can get the shot off.

19': Horgan with an awful pass back to the keeper. McCarey can't get to it before Finn's striker and it is put through. 0-1

29': McCarey denis Harps in a one on one situation with great reflexes. However, the ensuing corner is headed through easily. 0-2

32': We return the favor when Foley sends a corner in that Scannell heads in. 1-2

35': Murawski sends a great pass into the box for Sibanda who beats the keeper for the equalizer! 2-2

Halftime: I tell the team I'm happy so far. I also tell Horgan to sit down. Daly comes in.

47': Daly steps right in front of a header that looked like it was going in.

53': Caro starts a counter by sending a long ball to Sibanda who is running completely unmarked down the left side. He's able to take his time and place his shot past the keeper. 3-2

71': A perfect corner from Harps is headed in for the equalizer. 3-3

78': Caro is banged up. I send in King.

Final Score: SD Galway 3, Finn Harps 3

Goals: Sibanda 2, Scannell

Assists: Murawski, Foley, Caro
Top Three: Sibanda 8.8 (MOM), Foley 7.7, Scannell 7.3
Worst: Horgan 5.2
Shots: 8-11
On Target: 5-5
Possession: 49%

*Another draw. It doesn't hurt to get one on the road, but that's two straight matches we have a comeback only to let the lead slip away.

*12 total goals in the first 2 matches. Welcome to SD Galway football.

*Caro will miss 8-10 days, which means just the match against Wexford.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 03-31-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:45 AM   #62
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Oscar Sibanda

Old 03-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #63
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Oscar Sibanda named to the Team of the Week.

March 13, 2013

League: SD Galway (0-2-0, 7th) vs. Wexford (1-0-1, 5th)

Wexford surprisingly has a win in hand already, but it was against recently promoted Cherry Orchard. If we cannot win this one, I'll be seriously worried about my offseason maneuvers. Amer is in Africa and Caro is injured. Former SD Galway striker Enda Curran is now a backup with Wexford.

GK McCarey
FB King, DC Lyskov, DC Amer, FB Daly
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

5': A cross in the box and our defense is taking a nap. That didn't take long. 0-1

17': sibanda makes a run down the left side and sends the cross in, which Baker runs in to head home! 1-1

22': Scanell gets a pass from Collins and is right in front of the keeper, but fails to get it by him.

26': Collins fights off two defenders to steal a ball in the penalty area and fires it past the keeper. 2-1

28': And they immediately respond with another cross that we can't defend. 2-2

40': Sibanda races in to strip a Wexford defender, passes it to Scannell who puts the shot in the net. 3-2

Halftime: No one playing terribly. McCarey is worst at 6.7. We really need him to be playing better.

65': Collins gets downfield, showing off some great moves, but fires a very weak shot to the keeper.

76': Foley with a corner kick. Scannell is there to head it in! 4-2

McGauley in for Collins. Switch to 5-4-1

81': Crap. Sibanda is injured. Porter comes in.

83': Porter dribbles inside sends a pass to Scannell who fires a shot and beats the keeper! That's a hat trick. 5-2

Final: SD Galway 5, Wexford 2

Goals: Scannell 3, Baker, Collins

Assists: Sibanda 2, Foley, Porter
Top Three: Scannell 9.6, Sibanda 8.1, Baker 8.1
Worst: McCarey 6.9
Shots: 12-9
On Target: 7-3
Possession: 52%

*This is the dominating performance I've been waiting for.

*Sibanda will not miss any time.

*This moves us into 4th place, our highest ever position in the League Table.

*The fans are not pleased with McCarey at all. Neither am I. I don't quite get it as his attributes suggest a much better player.

*We have now scored in 18 straight matches, by far the longest among First Division clubs. Mervue Utd is next with 6.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 03-31-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 AM   #64
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Oscar Sibanda, Richie Baker, and Chris Scannell named to the Team of the Week.

March 22, 2013

League: SD Galway (1-2-0, 4th) at Athlone Town (1-0-2, 9th)

We've owned Athlone Town recently, beating them 3-1 and 4-1 last two times out. They're only victory so far is against the recently promoted Cherry Orchard. They lost their other two matches by a combined 6-0. Caro is back and I'm delighted to put him back in the lineup.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Lyskov, DC Whelan, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

6': Caro with a long ball to Scannell. He shakes off a defender, passes to Collins, but the shot is high.

20': Caro is really dominating his spot and keeps getting the ball forward.

25': We have several chances as thematch is being played on their half of the field, but cannot get an on target shot.

Halftime: An atypical match for us. We are playing really well. Just need to capitalize.

50': Caro gets it forward again to Foley, who dribbles around the defense and leaves a pass for Baker. Instead of taking the shot, Baker passes it to a wide open Scannell who puts it away. 1-0

60': Baker takes on the entire Athlone team by himself, but leaves his shot wide. Pretty funny play.

75': Baker beats the defense again and sends in a cross, but the keeper makes a great save on Scanell's attempt to put it in.

Final: SD Galway 1, Athlone Town 0

Goals: Scannell
Assists: Baker
Top Three: Baker 7.6 (MOM), Caro 7.5, Scannell 7.4
Worst: Murawski 6.7
Shots: 9-3
On Target: 4-0
Possession: 55%

*A dominant performance on the road. Murawski is a concern, but he might just have trouble adapting.

*We are still in 4th, but only 2 pts out of a 3 way tie for 1st.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #65
larrymcg421
Head Coach

March 29, 2013

League: SD Galway (2-2-0, 4th) vs. Dundalk (3-1-0, 1st)

Just how good are we? A home win over the other relegated team would make us a strong contender this season.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Lyskov, DC Whelan, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

5': They put pressure on Foley and strip the ball, then work it in the box for an easy score. 0-1

11': A long pass to their striker who splits our defense, but his shot hits the post.

24': We're looking hopeless in this one. They go down the field on the right wing with ease, cross it in and put an easy shot through. 0-2

44': The whole match is being played on our side, and they finally capitalize on a pass to the center of the box for an easy shot and score. 0-3

45': Scanell tries to lift one over the keeper, but the shot is wide left.

Halftime: I yell at the team alot and send McGauley in for Whelan, whose morale is abysmal.

50': Foley with a corner and Scannell heads it in. 1-3

71': Collins has an opportunity, but passes it when he should've taken the shot.

Final: Dundalk 3, SD Galway 1

Assists: Foley
Top Three: Foley 7.4, Scannell 7.4, Murawski 6.8
Worst: Lyskov 5.8
Shots: 7-14
On Target: 3-4
Possession: 51%

*Well that was certainly humbling. One thing is certain. We need some more depth at defense, because we are horrible without Amer. I may have to go overbudget again.

*I ask the board to give me more money and they actually do. I hit the transfer market and find:

Ulrich Taffertshofer, 21 ($300 p/w) - Not only does he have solid Marking (13) and Tackling (13), but his Heading (13) should help us to stop conceding so many goals off corners and crosses. Also has good Bravery (14), Positioning (11), and Work Rate (13).

*This puts me overbudget again, but I terminate the contracts of Whelan and Porter to make up for it. I have amateur guys better than both of them.

*With 6 goals, Scannell currently leads the First Division.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 03-31-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #66
larrymcg421
Head Coach

April 7, 2013

League: SD Galway (2-2-1, 7th) at Cherry Orchard (2-0-3, 9th)

In theory, this should be an easy victory. We are actually 4-6 favorites. Cherry Orchard have conceding 15 goals in 5 matches. However, they just beat 1st place squad Mervue Utd 4-1 so there are no guarantees. I give Sibanda a rest for amateur signee Lamine Medjkane, who has speed and crossing ability.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Lyskov, DC Tattertshofer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Medjkane, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

8: We get several chances off of two corners, but can't put any of them away.

16': On a counter, McCarey looks like he's caught in no man's land, but still manages to block the shot.

24': Medjkane gets it to Scannell inside the box but his shot goes over the crossbar.

37': Caro sends a nice pass into the box, Collins slides and knocks it home! 1-0

42': Caro with another nice pass into the box, finds Scanell who creates space int he middle and fires a nice shot past the keeper. 2-0

Halftime: I tell the boys I'm happy. No one is having a bad game.

54': Caro continues to dominate. Gets it to Medjkane ahead of the defense and he buries the shot! 3-0

65': Scannell is denied on a header that looked like a certainty, but was blocked at the last second.

70': McCarey with a great save on a long shot from outside the box.

73': A Horgan foul inside the box gives them a penalty and they put it through. 3-1

Final: SD Galway 3, Cherry Orchard 1

Goals: Collins, Scannell, Medjkane
Assists: Caro 3
Top Three: Caro 8.8 (MOM), Scannell 7.6, Collins 7.4
Worst: Horgan 6.3
Shots: 17-10
On Target: 5-3
Possession: 45%

*Good showing, but I'm concerned we lost the possession battle here.

*Taffertshofer put up a solid 7.0 in his first match.

*This win moves us into 3rd place, 2 pts behind mervue and 5 behind Dundalk.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 03-31-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #67
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Caro, Medjkane, and Scannell were named to the Team of the Week.

April 12, 2013

League: SD Galway (3-2-1, 3rd) vs. Mervue Utd (4-1-1, 2nd)

Amer is finally back from Africa. Medjkane earned another start. This time I'll sit Baker and start Sibanda on the other side. Mervue narrowly edged us out for 6th last year. Here's hoping we can get some revenge.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Amer, DC Tattertshofer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Medjkane, AP Sibanda
ST Scannell, ST Collins

2': Scannell starts an early counter, gets it to Medjkane on the wing who sends a cross in the box that Collins heads home! 1-0

13': Dangerous cross right in front of the keeper, but Amer makes a great clearance.

16': Medjkane sends a pass over to Sibanda who is unmarked and buries the shot. 2-0

43': Sibanda scores on a free kick just outside the penalty area. 3-0

Halftime: I tell the players I'm happy and they're all delighted to hear it. Everyone is playing well. No one below a 6.9.

59': They almost score off a corner, but the header this crossbar. The rebound rattles around in the box for far too long, but we eventually clear.

84': Sibanda sends a nice pass to Medjkane, but his shot is pretty weak.

Final: SD Galway 3, Mervue Utd 0

Goals: Sibanda 2, Collins
Assists: Medjkane 2
Top Three: Sibanda 9.3 (MOM), Medjkane 9.0, Collins 7.7
Worst: Scannell 6.9
Shots: 8-7
On Target: 5-1
Possession: 54%

*This moves us into 2nd, 2 points shy of Dundalk but they've played one less.

*5 SD Galway players are in the top 12 in Aerage Rating so far - #2 Sibanda 7.82, #5 Scannell 7.66, #7 Baker 7.43, #10 Foley 7.37, # 12 Caro 7.35

Old 03-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #68
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Caro, Medjkane, and Scannell were named to the Team of the Week.

April 16, 2013

League Cup 1st Round: SD Galway at Finn Harps

We lost in the first round last year. This one is not as big as the Senior Challenge Cup, but I'd still like to improve on last year's 1st round exit.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

11': Scannell with a precise pass to Collins inside the box and he easily beats the keeper. 1-0

35': They start a break down the left side as the winger moves in unmarked, but McCarey makes a great diving save.

Halftime: Pretty boring match, but I'm happy to be ahead.

48': Scannell with another pass for Collins, but he leaves the shot wide right.

52': Murawski with a great interception, gets it to Sibands who gets it to Scannell, but the shot is way off the mark.

58': On a counter, they get a good pass into the box. McCarey stops a point blank shot, but Harps grab the rebound and put it through. 1-1

62': Scannell dribbles to the middle, drawing the defense away from Collins. He passes to Collins who buries the easy shot. 2-1

63': Scannell runs in to intercept a pass on the ensuing kickoff. We don't capitalize, but it was still a really cool move.

80': They get a break, but McCarey makes the stop in a one on one opportunity.

89': They send a free kick into the box and it is headed in. 2-2

92': MCCarey with another one on one save.

Extra Time: Medjkane comes in for a winded Sibanda.

100': Murawski picks up a rebound off a corner kick, but his shot is way off the mark.

106': Amer gets his second yellow and is sent off. I bring Lyskov in for Baker.

For the 2nd year in a row, we will go to penalties in the 1st round.

Collins scores. 1-0
Harps miss! 1-0
Keeper dove the right way but Scannell still puts it by him. 2-0
Harps score. 2-1
Murawski scores. 3-1
Harps score. 3-2
Medjkane kicks it straight to the keeper. 3-2
Harps score. 3-3
Amer scores. 4-3
Harps score. 4-4
Caro scores. 5-4
Harps score. 5-5
Horgan misses badly. 5-5
Harps score. 5-6

Final: Finn Harps 2, SD Galway 2 (6-5p)

Goals: Collins 2
Assists: Scannell 2
Top Three: Collins 8.8, Scannell 7.4, Horgan 7.2
Worst: Murawski 6.1
Shots: 14-16
On Target: 4-6
Possession: 47%

*Sucks to lose on penalties like that, but the league cup isn't high on my list of priorities.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #69
larrymcg421
Head Coach

April 21, 2013

Senior Challenge Cup 1st Round: SD Galway at Midleton

This is the cup I'm more interested in. Midleton is an amateur club that we should have no trouble with. I rest some starters, including Sibanda, Scannell, Foley, and Taffertshofer. Also, Amer gets to burn off his suspension in this match.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Kiely, DC Davey, FB Horgan
DMC Daly
MC Murawski
AP Medjkane, AP Baker
ST Mooney, ST Collins

12': Baker with a free kick into the box. Caro heads it in. 1-0

25': Medjkane with a corner kick and Mooney heads it in. 2-0

Halftime: We should be up by more against such a poor club.

46': Mooney with a pass to Collins who dribbles around a defender and beats the keeper. 3-0

58': Caro sends a beautiful cross into the box, which Baker controls and puts through. 4-0

61': Collins passes it to the middle and a Midleton defender accidentally knocks it in. 5-0

71': King in for Caro. Tierney in for Murawski.

77': Medjkane hurt. In comes Sibanda.

78': Midleton has another own goal from the same player. Gotta feel bad for the guy. 6-0

Final: SD Galway 6, Midleton 0

Goals: Collins, Caro, Baker, Mooney
Assists: Caro 2, Collins, Baker, Mooney
Top Three: Caro 9.3 (MOM), Baker 9.3, Collins 8.9
Worst: Tierney 6.9
Shots: 9-4
Possession: 50%

Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #70
Grover
Pro Starter

Now there's a statement win!

Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #71
larrymcg421
Head Coach

April 26, 2013

SD Galway (4-2-1, 2nd) at Longford (4-1-2, 5th)

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Amer, DC Taffertshofer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

2': Off a goal kick , their striker has a one on one chance, but McCarey makes a great save.

23': McCarey with another diving save.

Halftime: We are controlling possession at 55%, btu have no shots on goal to show for it, while Longford have 5.

54': Sibanda gets the ball on the counter and ends up forcing a corner kick. Foley sends it in and Scannell puts it away! 1-0

60': Defense doesn't get back in time on a counter and they make an easy pass to the box. McCarey has no chance. 1-1

Final: SD Galway 1, Longford 1

Top Three: Scannell 7.4, Foley 7.3, Taffertshofer 7.3
Worst: McCarey 6.7
Shots: 4-10
On Target: 2-3
Possession: 51%

*We fall back to 3rd place as Finn Harps and Mervue Utd won.

*Scannell has 8 goals in 8 matches.

*The board is pleased with my leading of the team, especially the capture of Didier Caro. They are disappointed that I let Astudillo go. We lost $13k last month, but still have $113k in the bank.

*I finish 3rd in Manager of the Month voting for April.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #72
larrymcg421
Head Coach

SD Galway (4-3-1, 4th) at Avondale (1-1-7, 11th)

This is the beginning of a 3 game stretch against the bottom of the league table.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

21': Foley with a corner kick. Scannell's header is just over the bar.

30': Murawski sends a pass through 3 defenders. Scannell gets it and scores. 1-0

41': Good teamwork gives us another chance inside the box, but Collins header is grabbed by the keeper.

Halftime: With 72% possession, we should be winning by much more.

47': A Foley corner kick is headed in by Scannell for his 10th of the season. 2-0

49': Caro with a deep ball for Scannell who gathers it and passes to Baker in the middle. Baker puts it away. 3-0

70': Scannell gets it to Collins who has a good run, but misses the shot to the left.

87': Horgan sends in a nice pass to Collins, but his header is blocked.

Final: SD Galway 3, Avondale 0

Goals: Scannell 2, Baker
Assists: Scannell, Foley, Murawski
Top Three: Scannell 9.3, Foley 8.2, Baker 8.1
Worst: Collins 6.9
Shots: 11-2
Possession: 62%

Old 04-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #73
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Horgan, Amer, Baker, and Scannell were named to the Team of the Week.

May 8, 2013

SD Galway (5-3-1, 3rd) at Rockmount (0-3-6, 12th)

Should be another easy win. Baker is winded so Medjkane starts.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Medjkane, AP Sibanda
ST Scannell, ST Coll
ins

4': Scannell scores again on a Foley corner kick. 1-0

24': McCarey with a nice point blank stop on a header.

45': Collins beats a defender to the ball, crosses it in to Murawski who misses the shot wide left.

Halftime: Once again, we should be up by more.

48': Foley corner and Scannell puts it in. Becoming very routine. 2-0

66': Scannell splits two defenders, sends a pass forward to Collins, but he misses.

82': And Scannell earns a hat trick, scoring the exact same way all three times, off of Foley corners. 3-0

91': Sibanda with a pass to the right for Collins. He dribbles past his man and beats the keeper on the near post. 4-0

Final: SD Galway 4, Rockmount 0

Goals: Scannell 3, Collins

Assists: Foley 3, Sibanda
Top Three: Scannell 9.6, Foley 8.9, Collins 8.1
Worst: Medjkane 6.9
Shots: 9-6
Possession: 62%

*I've never seen a hat trick like that before.
*This moves us back into 2nd.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #74
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The challenge that we're facing. Here are the current annual team salaries in the First Division:

Dundalk $628k
Longford $237k
Finn Harps $205k
Bray Wanderers $187k
Mervue Utd $152k
Bangor Celtic $107k
Rockmount $104k
SD Galway $83.11k
Avondale $83.03k
Cherry Orchard $46.17k
Wexford $4.57k
Athlone Town $3.32k

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-01-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #75
larrymcg421
Head Coach

May 12, 2013

SD Galway (6-3-1, 2nd) at Bangor Celtic (2-1-7, 10th)

Continuing our run through the bottom of the standings, A win here puts us within 3 pts of 1st place Dundalk.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

7': Yep, it happened again. Foley connects with Scannell on a corner and he heads it through. 1-0

22': Scannell continues to dominate. Off a throw in, Baker dribbles down the right line, sends a pass in to Scannell who has found space int he middle yet again and heads it home. 2-0

28': Baker with a run down the right side , crosses it in. This time it's low so Scannell doesn't head it in, but gathers it with his feet and puts it away. Back to back hat tricks! 3-0

Halftime: They're actually narrowly winning possession but haven't fired a single shot on goal.

55': Murawski sends a nice through pass in for Collins, but the shot is way off target.

57': Murawski almost scores on another corner, but it goes right at the keeper.

73': Caro lets his man get inside and the shot gets by McCarey. 3-1

Final: SD Galway 3, Bangor Celtic 1

Goals: Scannell 3,
Assists: Baker 2, Foley
Top Three: Scannell 9.5, Baker 8.1, Foley 7.9
Worst: Murawski 6.8
Shots: 10-4
On Target: 6-4
Possession: 52%

*We are now within 3 pts of 1st place Dundalk.

*Scannell now has 16 goals in 11 matches. Next highest in the First Division is 7.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #76
larrymcg421
Head Coach

May 17, 2013

SD Galway (7-3-1, 2nd) at Bray Wanderers (5-2-5, 6th)

That was a good run through the cellar. Now time to see if we can keep it going against better competition.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

12': Defense looking shaky early. They fall asleep on a long pass and let Bray's striker get a one on one, but McCarey makes the stop.

25': Sibanda is pulled down viciously and a Bray player is given a red card. We will be a man up.

30': A Foley corner and a Scannell goal. 1-0

34': On a counter, Baker beats his man down the right side and sends a cross into the box, which Scannell puts away. 2-0

40'': Sibanda on the run down the left side, sends a cross in. Murawski's header is deflected, but it goes straight to Collins who puts it through. 3-0

Halftime: We rock.

72': A Foley corner. Scannell's header is denied, but he gets the rebound and knocks it in. That's three straight hat tricks. Amazing! 4-0

Final: SD Galway 4, Bray Wanderers 0

Goals: Scannell 3, Collins
Assists: Foley 2, Foley, Murawski
Top Three: Scannell 9.6, Foley 9.0, Collins 8.1
Worst: McCarey 6.9
Shots: 13-5
On Target: 5-2

*I've never seen someone get three consecutive hat tricks before. Scannell now has 19 goals in 12 matches. Too bad he's 35 years old.

*SD Galway players occupy the top four spots in average Rating: Scannell 8.25, Foley 7.74, Baker 7.56, Sibanda 7.49

*Dundalk lost on the road at Athlone Town. This means we are now in 1st! What a turnaround from last year.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #77
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Current League Table with 21 matches remaining:

W D L GF GA GD Pts
SD Galway 8 3 1 34 14 20 27
Dundalk 8 3 1 22 4 18 27
Mervue Utd 7 1 3 19 14 5 22
Finn Harps 6 3 3 23 12 11 21
Longford 6 3 2 18 8 10 21
Bray Wanderers 5 2 5 17 16 1 17
Athlone Town 5 1 6 8 12 -4 16
Cherry Orchard 5 0 7 17 26 -9 15
Wexford 3 5 4 15 16 -1 14
Rockmount 2 3 7 10 28 -18 9
Bangor Celtic 2 1 9 10 28 -18 7
Avondale 1 1 10 8 23 -15 4

Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #78
larrymcg421
Head Coach

May 21, 2013

SD Galway (8-3-1, 1st) vs. Finn Harps (6-3-3, 4th)

Horgan is at 89%, so I rest him and start Daly.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Amer, DC Taffertshofer, FB Daly
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Sibanda, AP Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

14': Baker has a slight injury. I decide not to test it and bring Medjkane in.

28': Scannell with a nice through pass to Collins, but the shot is wide right.

34': Harps keeper makes a great save to deny a Scannell header.

35': Collins denied again in one on one situation.

Halftime: they are bringing it to us pretty good. The defense has been solid or we'd definitely be losing right now.

50': McCarey with a great one on one save.

65': Amer slides to deny a through pass that certainly would've been a score.

73': Daly falls asleep and lets a man run unmarked in front of the goal. The pass comes in and they score easily. 0-1

Horgan in for Daly.

79': Medjkane makes a run and it leads to several chances off of deflections. A Scannell header is denied on a great save by the keeper.

81': We are really pressuring Harps now, but can't get the ball through.

Final: Finn Harps 1, SD Galway 0

Top Three: Caro 8.4, Foley 7.2, Murawski 6.9
Worst: Collins 6.4
Shots: 5-8
On Target: 3-3
Possession: 46%

*This ends our streak of 25 straight games scoring a goal.

*Baker is out for 2 weeks.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #79
Grover
Pro Starter

I would say you've successfully built upon the end of last season's results. Nice start!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #80
larrymcg421
Head Coach

May 24, 2013

Senior Challenge Cup 2nd Round: SD Galway vs. Shelbourne

We get a very tough 2nd round draw against Premier League side Shelbourne. With only 2 days off, we are pretty tired. Caro takes a beather and King starts.

GK McCarey
FB King, DC Amer, DC Taffertshofer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Medjkane, AP Sibanda
ST Scannell, ST Collins

13': Our defense is playing well, but the match is being played on our side of the field.

18': McCarey rushes out and beats a striker to the ball.

25': Beautiful through pass from Scannell to Collins, but he blows the shot badly.

30': Another Foley corner and another Scannell header goes in! 1-0

Halftime: Good to be up, but we are gasping for air. Horgan is at 57%, but I'm scared to bring in Daly.

46': McCarey with a brilliant one on one save.

49': Collins with a great pass to Medjkane on the other side of the field. Medjkane takes the shot from the left side and buries it! 2-0

64': Scannell gets it to Medjkane who is once again unmarked on the left and he beats the keeper on the near post. 3-0

Daly in for Horgan. Caro in for King.

66': Shelbourne striker gets it right in front of McCarey, but can't put it past him.

77': Collins has a one on one shot, but is patient and finds Medjkane running in from the left who scores an easy goal for his first career hat trick! 4-0

Tierney in for Foley.

87': Scannell launches a rocket shot from inside the box, but it is tipped over the bar.

Final: SD Galway 4, Shelbourne 0

Goals: Medjkane 3, Scannell
Assists: Collins 2, Scannell, Foley
Top Three: Medjkane 9.6, Scannell 9.1, Collins 8.3
Worst: Daly 6.9
Shots: 9-8
Possession: 48%

Old 04-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #81
larrymcg421
Head Coach

SD Galway (8-3-2, 2nd) at Wexford (3-5-5, 8th)

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Medjkane, AP Sibanda
ST Scannell, ST Collins

10': Sibanda sends a free kick into the box. Taffertshofer is there, but his header misses.

28': Scannell beats the defense down the middle, sends a pass to Medjkane who misses.

33': Collins gets the ball and misses a one on one shot as usual.

Halftime: I tell the team we can play better.

59': Medjkane run down the left, sends it in for Sibanda who heads it in. 1-0

65': McCarey saves lead with point blank stop.

76': Horgan with a nice long ball for Collins who gets it to Sibanda on the inside. sibanda finds Scannell wide open for the easy goal. 2-0

Final Score: SD Galway 2, Wexford 0

Goals: Sibanda, Scannell
Assists: Medjkane, Sibanda
Top Three: Sibanda 8.7, Horgan 7.5, Scannell 7.4
Worst: Murawski 6.9
Shots: 9-4
On Target: 3-2
Possession: 65%

*Should've won this one by more. Gotta figure out what to do about Collins.

*McCarey and Horgan have been called up for the Ireland U-21 team, so they will miss the next game.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #82
larrymcg421
Head Coach

SD Galway (9-3-2, 2nd) vs. Athlone Town (5-2-7, 7th)

With McCarey and Horgan are away on international duty, Holewa and Daly start.

GK Holewa
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AP Medjkane, AP Sibanda
ST Scannell, ST Collins

8': Sibanda with a dangerous cross, but Athone's keeper comes out to catch it.

23': Scannell header denied on back to back corners.

37': Scannell gets the ball and splits two defenders, but the shot is wide left.

Halftime: We're dominating (62% possession), but squandering chances. Need to put it away.

48': Scannell gets it ahead to Collins who misses.

85': Collins has a clear cut chance for a game winner, but hits the crossbar.

Final: SD Galway 0, Athlone Town 0

Top Three: Taffertshofer 7.4, Daly 7.2, Amer 7.1
Worst: Collins 6.5
Shots: 7-2
On Target: 1-1
Possession: 58%

*Very frustrating draw. We can't keep throwing 2 pts away in situations like that if we want to promot.

*Horgan will be out for a month as he got injured during his U-19 match.

*I have a private chat with Collins and tell him he squandered too many chances and needs to get it together if he wants to remain in the first team. He takes it well and says things will definitely improve.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #83
larrymcg421
Head Coach

SD Galway (9-4-2, 3rd) vs Cherry Orchard (5-1-9, 9th)

Baker is back from his injurt. We're in 3rd, but only 2 pts behind 1st place Dundalk.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Sibanda, AMR Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

2': Scannell gets it in the box, dribbles around his man. His shot is blocked, but the deflection goes to Collins and he puts it away. 1-0

10': Long pass from Caro to Scannell ahead of the defense, but misses badly.

30': Caro crosses it in. The keeper and Collins battle for the ball, Collins wins and knocks it in! 2-0

40': Off a throw in, Scannell heads it over to Sibanda all alone on the left side of the box. He sends a cross in front of the goal and Collins slides to knock it through! Hat trick! Looks like my private chat worked. 3-0

Halftime: I praise the team and Collins individually.

52': Baker makes a run down the right side, gets it in to Collins who waits for two defenders to come at him and sends a pass to the wide open Scanell who puts it away. 4-0

57': Amer and Foley both fail to clear a cross properly. Ball rattles around and they score. 4-1

66': They almost get one on another cross, but the header hits the post.

87': Sibanda makes a nice move to fake out his defender and runs unopposed down the left side. He sends a cross in. Collins goes up to win a header battle against his man and knocks it in! 5-1

Final: SD Galway 5, Cherry Orchard 1

Goals: Collins 4, Scannell
Assists: Sibanda 3, Collins, Scannell
Top Three: Collins 9.7 (MOM), Sibanda 9.2, Scannell 8.4
Shots: 7-9
On Target: 6-1
Possession: 56%

*Still in 3rd as both Dundalk and Mervue won.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #84
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The 4 goal explosion from Collins

Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #85
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Daly, Caro, Taffertshofer, Sibanda, and Collins made team of week.

SD Galway (10-4-2, 3rd) at Dundalk (11-3-2, 1st)

The biggest match of the season so far. They beat us pretty bad last time out for one of our only two losses. A win against them is vital if we want to autopromote.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Sibanda, AMR Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

10': Off a free kick, they head one toward the box, but McCarey gets to it.

19': Foley corner and Scannell goal. 1-0

38': Caro steps in front of a dangerous cross to head it back out.

40': Caro booked.

Halftime: Daly is struggling. We really need Horgan back.

65': Dundalk beat us downfield and send a cross in, but they have a header go over the bar.

74': Foley strips his man, sends a pass over to Sibanda who runs down the left side, sends a cross in that Baker gathers and knocks home! 2-0

80': McCarey booked when the ball touches his arm outside the box. They get a free kick and put it past him. 2-1

Final: SD Galway 2, Dundalk 1

Goals: Scannell, Baker
Assists: Foley, Sibanda
Top Three: Foley 7.8 (MOM), Baker 7.5, Scannell 7.4
Worst: Collins 6.8
Shots: 3-10
On Target: 2-2
Possession: 63%

*Definitely the biggest SD Galway victory to date.

*This puts us back in 1st as Mervue drew their match.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #86
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Chris Scannell

Old 04-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #87
larrymcg421
Head Coach

June 28, 2013

SD Galway (11-4-2, 1st) at Mervue Utd (11-3-3, 3rd)

Our rivals for 6th last year are now our rivals for 1st. Both clubs are remarkably improved from a season ago.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Sibanda, AMR Baker
ST Scannell, ST Collins

12': Taffertshofer with a great defensive play to clear one off the line.

33': Caro booked.

43': Sibanda finds space on the left side to send a cross in. Collins once again outjumps his defenders and heads one in. 1-0

Halftime: Very happy to be ahead. The players are delighted to hear it.

47': I shit on Daly alot, but here he makes a great play to get in front of a header that looked like it was certainly going in.

49': On a long pass, their striker beats our defense down the middle and puts it past McCarey. 1-1

58': Foley booked.

60': Looks like we had one as Sibanda crossed it in for an easy finish by Baker, but he was called offsides.

63': Murawski booked.

81': Sibanda gets tripped inside the box and we are awarded a penalty. Baker puts it away! 2-1

84': They get downfield pretty quick and their striker has it in the penalty area, but is trapped on the right side of the goal. He makes a great pass back to a midfielder who fires a shot from 20 yards out and scores. 2-2

91': Foley booked again and is sent off. Medjkane in for Sibanda.

Final: SD Galway 2, Mervue 2

Goals: Baker, Collins

Assists: Sibanda 2
Top Three: Sibanda 7.6, Collins 7.3, Amer 6.9
Worst: Scannell 6.6
Shots: 6-13
On Target: 4-4

*We hold on to 1st as Dundalk shockingly could only manage a draw at home against Avondale.

*This concludes back to back away matches against our two biggest rivals for the league title. Surviving it with a lead is a big success.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-05-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #88
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The board offers me more money if I increase the expectations. I go ahead and claim I can win the league title. My first signing is ST/AMR Yohan Guichard ($230 p/w) who had solid skills in both of the positions and thus will earn alot of rotation time. Acceleration (13), Pace (13), Crossing (11), Finishing (11), Technique (13), Composure (13).

Old 04-05-2012, 03:54 AM   #89
larrymcg421
Head Coach

July 5, 2013

SD Galway (11-5-2, 1st) vs. Rockmount (18-4-4, 10th)

This should be easy, so I'm gonna give Yohan an immediate shot to show what he can do. Sibanda is getting jaded and needs a rest. Foley is suspended, so I bump Taffertshofer up to Anchor and give amateur signee Weiersbach a starting shot.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Amer, DC Weiersbach, FB Daly
DMC Taffertshofer
MC Murawski
AML Medjkane, AMR Guichard
ST Scannell, ST Collins

2': Collins denied in one on one situation.

8': Amer called for foul in the box. They're awarded a penalty,but McCarey made the stop!

15': Foley isn't playing so it's Medjkane hitting the corner that Scannell heads in. 1-0

30': Murawski with a great header to Collins. He's denied again, but Scannell gets the rebound and puts it through. 2-0

45'+2: Daly booked.

Halftime: I'm pleased.

50': Murawski gets it ahead to Scannell who has a one on one, but misses to the right.

69': Collins with a great through pass ahead to Scannell who beats the keeper for yet another hat trick! 3-0

80': One of the few times they threaten. They work the ball up the middle of the field and their sttiker gets through our defense, but he can't beat McCarey.

Final: SD Galway 3, Rockmount 0

Goals: Scannell 3
Assists: Collins 2, Medjkane
Top Three: Scannell 9.6, Medjkane 8.1, Amer 7.9
Shots: 11-7
On Target: 8-4
Possession: 59%

*Weiersbach and Guichard had good debuts with 7.1 and 7.0 respectively.

*Mervue lost to Longford so we are 4 pts clear of them now. Dundalk won and are 1 pt back.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-05-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #90
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Caro, Amer, and Scannell named to Team of the Week.

July 12, 2013

SD Galway (12-5-2, 1st) vs. Longford (9-5-5, 6th)

Gonna try Guichard at striker. Foley is back.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Medjkane, AMR Sibanda
ST Scannell, ST Guichard

5': Foley to Scannell. 1-0

10': Taffertshofer comes flying in to block a sure goal.

21': Guichard makes a great run and looks like he has an easy chance, but the defender makes a great play to hassle him into a bad shot.

31': They send a free kick into the box and we cannot stop the header. 1-1

Halftime: I tell them to keep trying and we can still win.

54': Murawski with a nice pass to Scannell on the left side of the box. He dribbles around two defenders and beats the keeper on the near post. Fantastic goal. 2-1

67': Daly booked.

69': Guichard denied in one on one.

72': They make a run down the left side. We fail to mark a man in the box and puts the cross in the goal easily. 2-2

86': Foley to Scannell. 3-2

Switch to 5-4-1. Weiersbach in for Guichard.

Final: SD Galway 3, Longford 2

Goals: Scannell 3
Assists: Foley 2, Murawski
Top Three: Scannell 9.5, Foley 8.7, Taffertshofer 7.4
Shots: 5-8
On Target: 4-5

*Closer than I would've liked. It's a good thing no one can stop Scannell on those corners. He now has 25 goals in 19 appearances.

*Dundalk and Mervue keep pace.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-05-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 AM   #91
larrymcg421
Head Coach

July 21, 2013

*Dundalk has played an extra game so technically we are now in 2nd.

*Scannell named to Team of the Week.

*Teams started showing interest in Horgan who was still on an amateur contract. I sign him to a two year deal at $210 p/w. Also, he's back from injury today.

SD Galway (13-5-2, 2nd) at Avondale (2-2-16, 12th)

GK McCarey

DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Sibanda, AMR Guichard
ST Scannell, ST Collins

22': Sibanda's free kick is headed right back to him. He heads it to the right and Caro strikes it before it hits the ground right into the goal. Terrific goal! 1-0

27': Guichard fakes out a defender, runs down the left side and sends a cross in. Sibanda is there, but his shot is blocked.

35': Collins misses in one on one again.

Halftime: I tell Collins I'm not happy with his performance. He looks fired up.

52': Foley-Scannell. 2-0

60': Guichard with a nice pass to Collins who misses again.

66': Collins with a nice pass to a wide open Sibanda on the right. Sibanda sends it back in and Scannell slides to knock it in. 3-0

75': They have a free kick. It is crossed in. We head it back out, but they grab it and fire a long range shot that scores. 3-1

90': Murawski booked.

Final: SD Galway 3, Avondale 1

Goals: Scannell 2, Caro

Assists: Sibanda 2, Foley
Top Three: Caro 9.0 (MOM), Scannell 8.8, Foley 7.8
Shots: 12-4
On Target: 4-1
Possession: 61%

*We move 1 pt ahead of idle Dundalk. Mervue had an awful draw to 12th place Bangor Celtic so we are now 6 pts clear of them.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #92
larrymcg421
Head Coach

July 28, 2013

*Caro, Sibanda, Scannell named to Team of the Week

SD Galway (14-5-2, 1st) at Bangor Celtic (2-3-16, 12th)

GK McCarey

DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Sibanda, AMR Baker
ST Scannell, ST Guichard

12': Guichard comes in from the right in a great spot, but the keeper blocks his shot.

23': Murawski booked.

39': Horgan booked.

44': Murawski with a pass to Guichard, who moves inside two defenders and beats the keeper for his first SD Galway goal. 1-0

45'+1: They come back immediately on a run down the right side. Cross is sent in the box and they head it past McCarey. 1-1

Halftime: We should not be even with a 12th place team at home. I tell the team as much.

61': Guichard sends a cross in, but Scannell can't get to it.

82': Sibanda with a nice pass to Caro who is alone on the left. He sends a cross in. It's deflected, but Scannell picks up the deflection and fires a great shot. 2-1

84': Once again we fall asleep after scoring a goal and get beat on a cross into the box. 2-2

88': Bangor keeper tries a long goal kick. Murawski wins a header battle at midfield and the ball goes forward. Guichard beats the defense to the ball, pases to Scannell and he puts it away! 3-2

Final: SD Galway 3, Bangor Celtic 2

Goals: Scannell 2, Guichard

Assists: Caro, Murawski, Guichard.
Top Three: Scannell 8.8, Guichard 8.0, Foley 7.2
Worst: Baker 6.6
Shots: 9-5
On Target: 7-2
Possession: 65%

*That was a wild game. We played poorly and almost left 2 pts on the table, but thankfully came through in crunch time.

*I tell the team it was bit of let off. It fires them up.

*Shocking news from my assistant. Didier Caro is showing signs of decline. I go to check his attributes log and he's lost a full point across the board. He's only 27, so I'm not sure what caused this.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-05-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #93
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Caro's volley against Avondale is the Goal of the Month.

August 2, 2013

SD Galway (15-5-2, 1st) at Bray Wanderers (12-4-6, 5th)

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
ST Scannell, ST Collins

1': We move it forward right away. Collins is fouled in the box. We get a penalty and Amer puts it through. 1-0

17': Guichard with a great pass to Scannell, but the keeper makes a great save.

21': Collins gets it deep, but he must be blind because his shot is closer to the corner of the field than the goal.

25': Sibanda hurt. Medjkane comes in.

32': Foley to Scannell. 2-0

Halftime: Murawski is in danger of losing discipline. I try to cheer him up.

50': They almost get one back on a cross to the box, but they blow the shot.

53': Horgan booked for a foul in the box and theyre awarded a penalty, but McCarey blocks the shot.

55': They pull one back by heading in their own corner kick. 2-1

66': But they're no match for our own great combo. Foley to Scannell. 3-1

85': Caro booked.

Final Score: SD Galway 3, Bray Wanderers 1

Goals: Scannell 2, Amer
Assists: Foley 2
Top Three: Foley 8.8 (MOM), Scannell 8.8, Amer 7.6
Worst: Sibanda 6.7
Shots: 10-10
On Target: 5-3

*Dundalk is sticking close at 3 pts back. Mervue has drawn three straight matches and are now 10 pts back.

*Scannell now has 12 goals in his last 5 matches and 34 goals in 23 appearances this season. Second place in the First Division is Alan Murphy of Mervue with 18.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #94
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Needed a backup midfielder and I picked up Sebastian Lletget ($275 p/w). He's actually better than Murawski in many ways - Technique (14), Flair (13), Creativity (12), but the big drawback is his Stamina (7).

August 16, 2013

SD Galway (16-5-2, 1st) at Finn Harps (12-5-6, 5th)

Sibanda is out for 2 weeks. It's a good thing winger is one of the few deep positions on my team. Horgan is a bit tired from the last match, so I move Amer over and give Weiersbach another start.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
ST Scannell, ST Collins

9': They work the ball down with some crisp short passes and our defense leaves a big opening for their striker to try a long range shot, which beats McCarey. 0-1

12': They almost immediately come back down and McCarey has to make a brilliant diving stop on a hard shot to prevent us from going down 2 early.

29': Foley to Scannell. Yep, they keep doing it. 1-1

32': Another diving stop from McCarey. They are really bringing it to us.

36': They send a through pass in for their striker. McCarey rushes out to get it, but the striker beats him and puts it away. 1-2

41': Guichard sends it to Murawski who fires a hard shot from the top of the box, but the Harps keeper knocks it away.

43': Their short passing game has been giving us fits, but Foley finally intercepts one. He sends it to Collins, who spins around and sends a through pass for Guchard on the wing. Guichard sends it back to Collins, who rushed in right after the pass to be in perfect position. The keeper actually blocks the shot, but Collins picks up the deflection and puts it away. 2-2

Halftime: We have several guys not playing well. Murawski's morale has plummeted and he's in danger of being booked. Medjkane is exhausted. Taffertshofer and Weiersbach are both below 6.0. I replace Murawski with Lletget.

56': Caro sends a beautiful long range cross into the box, which Guichard perfectly heads into the net. 3-2

63': Medjkane is running low on fumes, but still manages to make a nice run down the left side, then sends a low cross to Scannell who the Harps defense just let run right in front of the goal for the easy put away. 4-2

70': Caro booked.

88': Scannell gets a great chance on a counterattack, but sends it high over the bar.

90'+3: Amer booked.

Final Score: SD Galway 4, Finn Harps 2

Goals: Scannell 2, Collins, Guichard
Assists: Caro, Foley, Medjkane
Top Three: Scannell 8.8, Foley 8.2, Amer 8.0
Worst: Murawski 6.7
Shots: 10-11
On Target: 6-5
Possession: 46%

*That was a much different second half. Lletget was decent in his first appearance and may get a start if Murawski doesn't get his head out of his ass.

*That is now 6 straight games where Scannell has multiple goals.

*Caro has reached the yellow card limit and will miss the Senior Challenge cup match against Dundalk.

*Dundalk keep pace by beating Rockmount, but Mervue draw yet again and are 12 pts behind with 9 matches remaining.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #95
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*McCarey, Guichard, and Scannell were named to the Team of the Week. I think that's the first time for McCarey.

August 23, 2013

Senior Challenge Cup 3rd Round: Dundalk at SD Galway

Murawski still has his panties in a twist for whatever reason, so Lletget gets his first start.

GK McCarey
FB King, DC Amer, DC Taffertshofer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Lletget
ST Scannell, ST Collins

3': Amer booked. McCarey leaps to block the ensuing free kick.

4': Foley booked.

9': Collins gets it to Medjkane on the wing. He sends a cross into the box and it's headed in by Guichard. 1-0

17': Guichard booked.

19': Medjkane booked.

22': Horgan booked.

Halftime: Boring match, but I'm happy to be ahead. Referee isn't shy with the whistle today.

52': Scannell perfectly heads another corner, but the keeper's diving attempt blocks it long enough for them to clear.

53': King booked.

54': They work it in the box, but Taffertshofer makes a great tackle to disrupt the chance.

74': On a Foley corner, Scannell's header is blocked, but they fail to make the clearance. The ball rattles around the box until Scannell finally gets hold of it and puts it through. 2-0

78': Taffertshofer makes a great play to deny a header, but the rebound is won by Dundalk who head it back into the box. McCarey tries to come out and get it, but the striker beats him there and puts it through, although he definitely looked offsides. 2-1

87': They get a good breakaway on a counterattack, but miss the shot to the right.

Final: SD Galway 2, Dundalk 1

Goals: Guichard, Scannell
Assists: Medjkane
Top Three: Guichard 7.5 (MOM), Scannell 7.4, Horgan 7.2
Worst: Collins 6.8
Shots: 8-6
On Target: 5-2

*Scannell's run of multiple goal games has ended.

*Horgan has reached the yellow card limit and will miss our next match.

*It has now been 3 months since we lost back on May 21st to Finn Harps. Including cup matches, we are 11-2-0 since that point.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-05-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #96
larrymcg421
Head Coach

August 28, 2013

Wexford (7-7-10, 8th) at SD Galway (17-5-2, 1st)

I have a private chat with Murawski and he's cheered up a bit, so he's back in the lineup. Guichard gets another shot at striker so I can bring Baker in.

GK McCarey
FB King, DC Amer, DC Taffertshofer, FB Daly
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Medjkane, AMR Baker
ST Scannell, ST Guichard

3': Murawski with a great long pass to Guichard. Wexford keeper is caught in no man's land and Guichard beats him. 1-0

18': They send a free kick into the box. It is headed down to the corner of the net and somehow McCarey gets to it. Brilliant save.

23': Medjkane throws it in to Scannell who sends it right back. Medjkane immediately sends a cross into the box. Guichard wins a battle with two defenders and knocks it through. 2-0

31': Murawski booked.

36': Medjkane sends a long pass that's a bit too long and the defender gets to it first. However, Scannell doesn't give up and manages to strip the defender and then beat the keeper. 3-0

45'+1: Baker hurt. Mulcahy comes in.

Halftime: Terrific performance so far. Murawski has turned things around with a 7.1 first half.

52': McCarey looks like he's caught in no man's land, but still manages to block the shot.

55': Foley booked.

86': Scannell with a free kick into the box. It's deflected to Mulcahy, who passes to Taffertshofer. He has it right in front of goal but doesn't shoot for some reason and sends it right back to Mulcahy. However, Mulcahy dribbles around a man and fires a precise shot into the net. 4-0

90'+1: Caro booked.

90'+2: They send a free kick into the box and it's headed in to deny McCarey what would've been a well earned clean sheet. 4-1

Final: SD Galway 4, Wexford 1

Goals: Guichard 2, Scannell, Mulcahy
Assists: Murawski, Taffertshofer
Top Three: Guichard 8.8, Scannell 7.9, Murawski 7.7
Shots: 11-9
On Target: 6-5

*Dundalk win to keep pace. Mervue with 5 straight draws and are now 14 pts back.

*Foley has reached the yellow card limit and will miss the next match.

*I am named manager of the month.

*McCarey and Horgan will miss our next match due to international duty.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #97
larrymcg421
Head Coach

September 6, 2013

SD Galway (18-5-2, 1st) at Athlone Town (9-6-10, 7th)

Athlone Town isn't having a great season, byut they've been pretty tough against us. we narrowly beat them 1-0 at their place and then they shut us out for a 0-0 draw at home. This will be difficult as we are without three starters due to McCarey and Horgan's international duty and Foley's suspension.

GK Holewa
FB Caro, DC Amer, DC Weiersbach, FB Daly
DMC Taffertshofer
MC Murawski
ST Scannell, ST Collins

15': Amer booked.

20': It is a very ugly game in awful weather conditions. Not much worth reporting in the highlights so far.

43': Murawski plays anice through ball for Scannell, but he misses to the left.

45'+1: Medjkane booked twice in two minutes and is sent off. So stupid.

Halftime: I'm not happy with the sloppy first half and I let the team know it.

51': They send a cross into the box, but the header hits the crossbar.

58': Murawski sending crosses in instead of Foley and he's not nearly as good at it. Scannell takes a low corner, but has trouble controlling it and misses the shot.

71': Scannell booked

85': Scannell gets it in the corner on a throw in and immediately sends a cross to Collins who is unmarked right in front of the goal. Collins knocks it through without letting the ball hit the ground. 1-0

86': Daly booked.

90'+5: They send a long throw in to a man in the box who immediately crosses it in front of goal. Their striker is unmarked and puts it through. This play made me want to throw something. Ugh! 1-1

Final Score: SD Galway 1, Athlone Town 1
Goals: Collins
Assists: Scannell
Top Three: Collins 7.3, Amer 7.2, Caro 7.1
Worst: Medjkane 6.2
Shots: 7-9
On Target: 2-1
Possession: 57%

*Ugh, what a punch to the gut at the end there. The ref really waited a long time before blowing the whistle.

*Thankfully, Dundalk drew their match against Mervue so they are still 3 pts back, but we blew a chance to increase our lead.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-05-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #98
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*I sign two more players, AMR Lewis Young (Amateur) and AML Jordan Hughes ($70 p/w) as I was worried at Sibanda's stunning drop in skill after return from his injury. Young has shocking speed for this level (15 Pace, 15 Acceleration) but some incredibly low intangible skills. Hughes is the more all around player.

*After an impressive 2-0 win over Germany, Ireland currently lead their World Cup Qualifying group by 2 pts with two matches left to play.

*Here's where things stand right now. Mervue's 6 straight draws have pushed them back to 5th place. Bray now occupies 3rd, but are 13 pts back. We are in 1st place with a 3 pt lead on Dundalk. That brings us to the biggest match of the season:

September 13, 2013

Dundalk (17-6-3, 2nd) at SD Galway (18-6-2, 1st)

A win here would put us in control as we'd have a 6 pt lead with 6 matches to play. A loss would make things very scary down the stretch. I'm gonna give Sibanda the start, but I'll have Hughes ready to come in if he shits the bed. Murawski is depressed again and at possibly the worst time of the season. I try to talk him up, but the best I can do is improve his morale to "Fairly Poor". i'll be watching him.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
ST Scannell, ST Collins

8': Sibanda with a free kick from just outside the box, sends it into the English Channel. Oof.

12': Foley with a free kick from just outside the left edge of the box, sends it directly in to Scannell who puts it through! 1-0

30': Murawski gets stripped and they go on the attack, eventually forcing a corner which they put through on a header from the far post. 1-1

Murawski out. Lletget in.

45'+1: On a long pass down the middle, it look slike they've got an easy one on one situation, but Taffertshofer and Caro close really fast to disrupt the play.

Halftime: We have several guys not playing well. Amer, Taffertshofer, and Horgan are all 6.2 or lower. I tell the team I am not pleased at all, and then rip into my defenders individually. Sibanda is a non-factor, so I send in Hughes.

50': Guichard strips a defender and fires a pass into the box for Scannell, but the shot is a really weak effort that the keeper easily grabs.

53': Guichard makes a great play outrunning several defenders to force a corner. We fail to capitalize, but he's clearly the guy playing with the most heart right now.

65': Foley with a corner kick. Scannell can't get to it, but Dundalk's defender Furlong accidentally knocks it into his own goal! we'll take it. 2-1

68': On a counterattack, Collins makes a great play by dribbling around two guys to the right and firing a shot to the left, but it just barely misses.

73': Lletgets with a through ball creates a clear cut chance for Scannell but he can't put it by the keeper.

81': Taffertshofer booked.

82': Guichard leads a counter by getting the ball and making a fantastic run down the right side. He gets pulled down, earning a free kick just outside the penalty area. Foley sends the free kick to Scannell and he puts it away! 3-1

90'+2: McCarey with a diving stop, but they earn a corner and score again from the far post. 3-2

Final: SD Galway 3, Dundalk 2

Goals: Scannell 2
Assists: Foley 2, Scannell
Top Three: Scannell 9.2, Foley 8.5, Horgan 6.9
Worst: Crybaby Murawski 6.3
Shots: 11-13

*The biggest SD Galway victory to date. We are now in the driver's seat with a 6 pt lead with 6 games to go. Also, we effectively have a 7 pt lead since we have a +41 GD compared to their +28.

*I'm tired of Murawski's crap. He's earned himself a way on to the bench and will stay there until Lletget falters.

*I hate to say it, but I think Sibanda is done. He's a guy that's always played well above what his ratings say and has had a fantastic season (5 Goals, 13 Assists, 7.41), but I think his ratings have just dropped way too low for that to continue to happen.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-06-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #99
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*We get our new intake of youth recruits. only one of them has any potential, ST Greg Brosnan and he's the only one I offer a youth contract ($8 p/w).

September 27, 2013

Senior Challenge Cup Quarterfinal: Mervue Utd at SD Galway

We've had two weeks off and are fully rested for this.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Amer, DC Weiersbach, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Lletget
AML Hughes, AMR Baker
ST Scannell, ST Guichard

24': Sloppy defensive works allows their winger run right up to the box unchallenged, but he misses the shot badly.

Halftime: That was literally the only highlight worth writing about in a very ugly game.

48': They work it in the box for a clear cut chance, but once again a bad shot saves us.

50': McCarey with a diving save.

65': It was going to happen sooner or later. Foley to Scannell. 1-0

78': They have a free kick from just outside the penalty area. It's perfectly sent to the top left corner of the net, but McCarey comes over from the right to dive and make a brilliant save.

86': Scannell wide right.

Final: SD Galway 1, Mervue Utd 0

Top Three: Foley 7.8 (MOM), Taffertshofer 7.5, Scannell 7.4
Worst: Guichard 6.7
Shots: 4-14
On Target: 1-3
Possession: 50%

*We earn $27.82k for this victory.

*McCarey is on a great run of form lately, posting a 7 or higher in 4 of his last 5 matches after only doing it once in the previous 14.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #100
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*We get our new intake of youth recruits. only one of them has any potential, ST Greg Brosnan and he's the only one I offer a youth contract ($8 p/w).

September 30, 2013

SD Galway (19-6-2, 1st) at Cherry Orchard (6-4-17, 10th)

The pressure is on as Dundalk won their game earlier in the week. We are playing on short rest, but there's no excuse for losing to Cherry Orchard. I've rested all starters below 90%

GK McCarey
FB King, DC Amer, DC Tattertshofer, FB Daly
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
ST Scannell, ST Collins

10': Foley with a precise pass to Collins just outside the box. He enacts a give and go routine with Guichard and beats the keeper. 1-0

18': Daly wins a header battle and sends it forward to Guichard who starts a break. He gets it in to Collins who beats the keeper! 2-0

23': Foley tries a long shot from about 20 yards out. The keeper manages to block it but Guichard comes racing in to grab the deflection and put it away. 3-0

27': King booked.

30': Awful pass by King ends up getting intercepted and giving them a clear cut opportunity, but McCarey makes the stop.

35': Guichard booked.

37': Foley corner kick gets it in to Scannell as usual. He's initially denied, then Taffertshofer comes in with a diving header, but he's also denied. However, they still fail to clear and Scannell finally puts away the last deflection. 4-0

Halftime: I'm very pleased and decide to give raw amateur signee Lewis Young a chance to play in the second half. He comes in for Sibanda.

60': They send a cross into the box. King loses out on a header battle and they knock it in to get one back. 4-1

80': Foley to Scannell. 5-1

Final: SD Galway 5, Cherry Orchard 1

Goals: Collins 2, Scannell 2, Guichard
Assists: Guichard 2, Foley 2
Top Three: Collins 9.1 (MOM), Guichard 9.1, Scannell 8.7
Worst: Young 6.8
Shots: 10-6
On Target: 8-2
Possession: 57%

*One more win clinches us a minimum of the promotion/relegation playoff match. Three more wins clinches the league title and we have remaining games against Rockmount (9th), Bangor Celtic (10th), and Avondale (12th).

*Scannell has turned 36 and is now in a rapid decline. Here's hoping he can hold on til the end of the season.