Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Leaning positive
McKerney
Negatives - Very quiet. 2nd to last in posts among alive players
-Had a throw away vote on day one.
Positives? - Would three wolves hide their votes on Chubby on day two? (He had four votes total)
-Kept DV in it on day two by narrowing the vote to 5-3 (Lathum over DV) early in the day.
-If Autumn is a wolf: Extended Autumn’s lead over Thomkal to 6-4 at 7:02 pm on day four.

I disagree on McKerney's vote record being bad. I think he has one of the best out there. Regardless, I'm only basing voting for Hoops over McKerney on McKerney's reveal.

The rest is based on the theory that A.) There would be more then one wolf on EagleFan in a close vote vs. Danny (unless it's an Evil Duke) B.) There was vote manipulation which I think unlikely came from Danny. That would leave Hoops and Barkeep.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #2203
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The message basically said they those in Vahala won't know how much of it we will get. Then that they have a chace in the day to find out who killed them.

The last part ended with if nightkilled/people. I am trying to see if that eans anything. I tried matching up first letters and seeing if there is anything hidden within the message but o far it looks like either I am mising it or ther just wasn't enough there to go on.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #2204
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
If it is vote manipulation does it have to be hoops or barkeep? Hypothetically, couldn't it be someone like jeheinz72 placing his vote on Danny and then moving his (or someone elses) vote to EF? To me this seems just as likely as it being hoops or barkeep.

I suppose that's possible. I don't think I've played in any games with vote manipulation. I'll let people who are more familiar with the mechanics of vote manipulation discuss this.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #2205
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Who said it was vote manipulation and not a straight out duking?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #2206
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I disagree on McKerney's vote record being bad. I think he has one of the best out there. Regardless, I'm only basing voting for Hoops over McKerney on McKerney's reveal.

The rest is based on the theory that A.) There would be more then one wolf on EagleFan in a close vote vs. Danny (unless it's an Evil Duke) B.) There was vote manipulation which I think unlikely came from Danny. That would leave Hoops and Barkeep.

I don't disagree with you about there being a good chance that one of them is a wolf.

I feel way off my game here and have no clue at this point (I think you all may be wolves ).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #2207
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA - I'm still inclined to believe it was a mechanic acting the way Danny described. The best lies have a kernel of truth. I'm not saying he was the one who executed the mechanic but I don't think it was vote manipulation so much as a modified duke ability.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #2208
Telle
College Starter

We really don't know what it is.. making votes count double or more (for an EF voter), subtracting votes (from a danny voter), or duking.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #2210
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Who said it was vote manipulation and not a straight out duking?

I said if it was vote manipulation or anything other then an evil duking then you or Hoops is probably bad. With McKerney's claimed info, I'm going with Hoops.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #2211
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would really like people's thoughts about the inconsistency I pointed out in 2196. I think it's no small matter.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #2212
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I said if it was vote manipulation or anything other then an evil duking then you or Hoops is probably bad. With McKerney's claimed info, I'm going with Hoops.
Does me no good, but I don't think mckerny's reveal means Jack.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #2213
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Might as well vote for it.

Vote mckerny
Old 08-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #2214
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I would really like people's thoughts about the inconsistency I pointed out in 2196. I think it's no small matter.

I think he may have meant he can't die from night attacks of non-Loki wolves, but I'm not sure. That's what I took from it. What do others think?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #2215
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I wouldn't say I have a stellar voting record, could be good or bad depending on ntn. That said, I don't think a wolf would make the vote I did to give DV his third vote to make him trail Lathum 5-3, and then twice remind Lathum he had to fix his vote on DV for it to count when he said he was about to leave for the day.

If someone doesn't believe my reveal, I don't really know what more I can do to convince them. Anything to do with the item I can't really explain, I haven't been passed anything so anything that hasn't shown up either the wolves have had it all game or it's not in the game. Not sure why I'd make a reveal that could be contested when there wasn't much heat on me if I were a wolf though.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #2216
Barkeep49
Coordinator

There's bound to be someone on DV who is a wolf and who can, credibly, claim an important vote on DV. Again not something which helps me, but I think is important to say.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #2217
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I wouldn't say I have a stellar voting record, could be good or bad depending on ntn. That said, I don't think a wolf would make the vote I did to give DV his third vote to make him trail Lathum 5-3, and then twice remind Lathum he had to fix his vote on DV for it to count when he said he was about to leave for the day.

If someone doesn't believe my reveal, I don't really know what more I can do to convince them. Anything to do with the item I can't really explain, I haven't been passed anything so anything that hasn't shown up either the wolves have had it all game or it's not in the game. Not sure why I'd make a reveal that could be contested when there wasn't much heat on me if I were a wolf though.

I don't really think anyone has a stellar voting record out given the number of villagers we've lynched, but I still say you have one of the better ones.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #2218
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Meant the non Loki wolves there.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #2219
MrBug708
Head Coach

This is going to be one random crapshoot I think
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #2220
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

There are way too many votes still out there..

vote ntn
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #2221
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Just going back to what I had before - making it official with ntn's full name now.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #2222
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Meant the non Loki wolves there.
But those two things are hardly the same, right? I mean if Loki is in the game, and we know he is, being killable by Loki means you're just as susceptible now to wolf attack as I am. Really right now you have NO wolf protection.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #2223
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The message basically said they those in Vahala won't know how much of it we will get. Then that they have a chace in the day to find out who killed them.

The last part ended with if nightkilled/people. I am trying to see if that eans anything. I tried matching up first letters and seeing if there is anything hidden within the message but o far it looks like either I am mising it or ther just wasn't enough there to go on.

nightkilled/people

Cant imagine what that can be.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #2224
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
We really don't know what it is.. making votes count double or more (for an EF voter), subtracting votes (from a danny voter), or duking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

Danny 7: ntndeacon (80), Telle (205), jeheinz72 (217), dubb93 (238), Racer (307), EagleFan (308), Zinto (320)
EagleFan 6: Barkeep49 (75), hoopsguy (97), Autumn (174), J23 (276), Chubby (344), Danny (346)
Chubby 4: bhlloy (117), Darth Vilus (236), mauboy1 (273), Lathum (309)
Lathum 2: Narcizo (90), Thomkal (224)
ntndeacon 1: mckerney (94)
Zinto 1: MrBug708 (134)

I think it's really worth discussing what it may have been at this point. Here's a recap of the first vote.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #2225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You know what my vote is.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #2226
Telle
College Starter

If it wasn't a duking, they would have had to manipulate two votes... adding one or substracting one would only get them to a tie.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #2227
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
But those two things are hardly the same, right? I mean if Loki is in the game, and we know he is, being killable by Loki means you're just as susceptible now to wolf attack as I am. Really right now you have NO wolf protection.

That may not be entirely true. When I revealed I said that I thought Loki attacked Chubby last night and I was hoping the same wolf couldn't attack two nights in a row. If that's true then I'm safe for tonight. It might not be the case, but it made me feel a bit more comfortable about revealing today.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #2228
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
If it wasn't a duking, they would have had to manipulate two votes... adding one or substracting one would only get them to a tie.

Having the ability to move someones vote from Danny to EF would do it.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #2229
Racer
College Benchwarmer

In a vote so close (unless it was a duking which seems less likely since EagleFan was the attemped lynch), how likely is it that only one wolf voted for EagleFan?

Unless you strongly suspect a day one duking, I think there's a strong chance Barkeep or Hoops is a wolf.

With the info McKerney has provided us, I think Hoops is a bit more likely.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #2230
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
That may not be entirely true. When I revealed I said that I thought Loki attacked Chubby last night and I was hoping the same wolf couldn't attack two nights in a row. If that's true then I'm safe for tonight. It might not be the case, but it made me feel a bit more comfortable about revealing today. In other words don't be surprised when I'm still alive tomorrow despite being a huge threat to the wolves.

Fixed

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-16-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #2231
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Thank you. I KNEW there was another vote manipulation means but I couldn't bring it to the front of my mind.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #2233
Barkeep49
Coordinator

How many wolves do we think are in this game anyway? I mean the number of villagers we already know who have roles doesn't ring true with the size of the game. I've got to believe that either mau or mckerny is a wolf. I've been going after mckerny but if people like mau better I'm happy to go that way as that's where I was headed earlier in the day.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #2234
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #2232:

1 - Lathum - hoopsguy (2094)
1 - Telle - Narcizo (2113)
2 - ntndeacon - jeheinz (2135), mauboy (2220)
3 - hoopsguy - Racer (2174), Zinto (2189), MrBug (2191)
1 - Barkeep - EagleFan (2209)
1 - mckerney - Barkeep (2213)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #2235
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yeah, that would make sense then which would mean Hoops or Barkeep are necessarily Loki. But still, I keep saying this, but in a vote that close day one, it seems like there is a high probability that there would be two wolves on EF regardless of what kind of vote manipulation there was.

So really, I still think the play should be Hoops or Barkeep. Hoops seems like a slightly higher player given McKerney's reveal that Barkeep isn't Loki. If you don't believe McKerney, then there probably isn't much difference between Hoops or Barkeep.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #2236
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 6 voting as of post 2233:

hoopsguy 4 - Racer (2174), Zinto (2189), MrBug708 (2193), Telle (2249)
ntndeacon 3 - jeheinz72 (2135), mauboy1 (2220), hoopsguy (2241)
mckerney 1 - Barkeep49 (2213)
Barkeep49 1 - EagleFan (2209)
Lathum 1 -
Telle 1 - Narcizo (2113)

Last edited by JAG : 08-16-2011 at 08:59 PM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #2237
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
How many wolves do we think are in this game anyway? I mean the number of villagers we already know who have roles doesn't ring true with the size of the game. I've got to believe that either mau or mckerny is a wolf. I've been going after mckerny but if people like mau better I'm happy to go that way as that's where I was headed earlier in the day.

I've been guessing 5 myself. Anyone else want to chime in?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #2238
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Missing four voters?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #2239
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't buy mckerny's reveal but I also don't think the manipulator needs to be hoops. I think a straight up ability is just as likely as some kind of vote multiplier.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #2240
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Missing four voters?

Yes. ntndeacon is still missing. Lathum tried to vote for me this morning but forgot to bold it. And then mckerney and myself haven't voted yet.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #2241
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to have to move my vote to NTN, even though I really don't want to vote for him ... he is just rolled out there as an easy vote for not talking in spots like yesterday and today. And I don't really like to play along with that kind of logic as we get later into games. Especially if we might have an active player in that role tomorrow.

That said, if you take me out you won't be getting a wolf. And I would like to see if we can win this game without a seer for the duration ... would be a nice accomplishment. So I'm going to try and avoid rolling over and dying meekly.

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE NTN
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #2242
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah I would like to know who has not put a vote in.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #2243
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, that would make sense then which would mean Hoops or Barkeep are necessarily Loki. But still, I keep saying this, but in a vote that close day one, it seems like there is a high probability that there would be two wolves on EF regardless of what kind of vote manipulation there was.

So really, I still think the play should be Hoops or Barkeep. Hoops seems like a slightly higher player given McKerney's reveal that Barkeep isn't Loki. If you don't believe McKerney, then there probably isn't much difference between Hoops or Barkeep.

If you don't believe mckerney, you vote mckerney.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #2244
Zinto
College Starter

Actually I can just figure it out myself instead of being lazy
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #2245
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Guessing 5 or 4+conversion chance.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #2246
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't buy mckerny's reveal but I also don't think the manipulator needs to be hoops. I think a straight up ability is just as likely as some kind of vote multiplier.

Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards that now. That would require a +3 vote (or +2 and they got lucky with the roll of dice). Any kind of vote manipulate makes you or Hoops look very bad though as the wolves would probably have multiple votes on EF in that case.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #2247
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
5 is the number I had in my mind and I think what I posted back on D1.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #2248
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If you don't believe mckerney, you vote mckerney.

I'd lean towards believing him. But yeah, that would make sense for Barkeep (I think? who says he doesn't believe him).
Old 08-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #2249
Telle
College Starter

vote hoopsguy
Old 08-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #2250
hoopsguy
General Manager

The comment about getting lynched was in response to BK saying he wasn't sure he would be able to drum up the votes to do it. If I'm around in the thread, I'm usually pretty persuasive about not getting lynched. You can count on one hand, and still have fingers left over, the number of times that it has happened.

Right now I'm more or less keeping my daughter up later so I can try and avoid being lynched. Not exactly parent-of-the-year work on my part ... it has no bearing on me being villager/wolf, but it does indicate that I do try to fight hard for the village, especially when they are on the verge of putting me out to pasture prematurely.