Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #951
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Isnt that what you do in the RWBL?

Isn't that what I said?

Come on Kyle, I'll wait while you catch up.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #952
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bug, unless a better suspect emerges I'm inclined to vote for RealDeal. But I'm hoping a better one does emerge thanks to item usage or someone tripping themselves up with a bad post.

I do think the circumstances were a tad different between yesteray and today. But I'm also surprised that I didn't generate more heat today. Thankful, really. I'm trying very hard to atone for a poorly played game over the first couple of days.

Anyone think the voting patterns from today are valuable? I'm not sure what to construe from them until we have some more info on RealDeal. If he is a villager then this was another lousy day for voting patterns. If he is a wolf then we might get something on the last wolf.

Hope this round of night actions generates greater success for us than last night.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #953
kingfc22
Head Coach

Crap. I keep thinking the deadline is 6 PM PST and not 5.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:35 PM   #954
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Isnt that what you do in the RWBL?

One more thing, you know very well that everything I do in the RWBL is tongue-in-cheek. Just saying.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #955
hoopsguy
General Manager

Peregrine, will that silver be distributed tonight? I believe you had indicated publicly who got the silver before. Also, is that silver collected prior to night actions? If so it could influence purchases. Thank you in advance for the clarification.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #956
MrBug708
Head Coach

I got one piece of SIlver
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #957
Poli
FOFC Survivor

How are ya, kingfc22?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #958
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm good AE. Thanks for asking. I have a day off tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to be more active. I can assure you that I am a villager and SM was right when he said a vote for me would be a wasted one.

The way I see it right now, is the wolves are obviously in the group that voted for Blade. With RealDeal as the main suspect on my list right now.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #959
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Look, I wouldn't be mad about somoene suspecting me. I'm mad because of Blade's reasons: they make no objective sense. Anyway, I want to die next, just to make it clear. This is not reverse psychology or some brilliant escape ploy. I passed my items, including the coat. I plan on voting for myself, and I want everyone to vote for me.

I propose this to Blade: If I am a wolf, I will start a new thread on FOFC titled "My Confession" that says absolutely nothing except :"I'm a stupid, dumb-fuck piggy, oink oink." If I am a villager, then Blade has to start a thread saying the same thing.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #960
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's almost worth voting for RD just to see that...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #961
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Look, I wouldn't be mad about somoene suspecting me. I'm mad because of Blade's reasons: they make no objective sense. Anyway, I want to die next, just to make it clear. This is not reverse psychology or some brilliant escape ploy. I passed my items, including the coat. I plan on voting for myself, and I want everyone to vote for me.

I propose this to Blade: If I am a wolf, I will start a new thread on FOFC titled "My Confession" that says absolutely nothing except :"I'm a stupid, dumb-fuck piggy, oink oink." If I am a villager, then Blade has to start a thread saying the same thing.

You need to calm down and cut the language...ive already said bid my adeius from this game of warewolf...do what you can to win regardless of what side your on...you already attacked me, and thats it

I suspected you and had only your comments as reason...why did you vote for me? Thinking someone is stupid is an amzingly bad reason...thinking someone could be a wolf, not so bad..im sorry, i have lost all respect for you..not becuase of how you played, which you did well enough to get them to reverse their votes and kill me...'

I lost all respect for you becuase you attacked me with obscene words and after i had already respectfully said i was done with the thread continually referenced me like i want to fight...its over, leave me alone, and play your game.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #962
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Peregrine, will that silver be distributed tonight? I believe you had indicated publicly who got the silver before. Also, is that silver collected prior to night actions? If so it could influence purchases. Thank you in advance for the clarification.

Yes, it was distributed right after I posted.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #963
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal

I'm starting to think this IS some reverse psychology thing....it's definitely not brilliant. If you are a human, then why are you helping the wolves by offing yourself? The only reason I can think of is that you're THAT egotistic you would throw a game to prove a point.

The only other possibility is that you are a wolf and you are trying to use reverse psychology.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #964
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm going to bed. I've had enough of the RealDeal's dramatics.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #965
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I'm good AE. Thanks for asking. I have a day off tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to be more active. I can assure you that I am a villager and SM was right when he said a vote for me would be a wasted one.

The way I see it right now, is the wolves are obviously in the group that voted for Blade. With RealDeal as the main suspect on my list right now.

Sorry, I didn't see Sm say anything, but I was just scanning thread to make up time.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #966
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Are we taking bets on who the wolves take next? I got RealDeal.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #967
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

Just curious, but why would you say that? RD seems like a villager right now as well as Blade. No one really seems to have much of an idea of anything right now...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:32 PM   #968
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Just curious, but why would you say that? RD seems like a villager right now as well as Blade. No one really seems to have much of an idea of anything right now...
Perhaps he said it trying to sway us. Don't know how to read you at this point, kinger.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #969
hoopsguy
General Manager

Prior to night actions, does anyone have any strong suspects besides RealDeal?

If I wanted to make a case for RealDeal being a wolf, it would be that he outed a villager today and that his strong reaction is based on being frustrated that Blade didn't use any seer device to do it. That Blade just seems to have stumbled into putting him on the hot seat. And that he can accept being caught, but not accept the way this went down. If he is a wolf, and he did possess the Coat, then I suspect he will have it tomorrow and it will take us two days to bag him.

I put RaidersArmy out there with my vote today. Just didn't think that the Hatfield/McCoy battle going on between Real/Blade had anything to do with the wolves. Still not inclined to think RealDeal is, even after he danced on a villager's grave. Maybe I'm being dumb here - think we'll find this out tomorrow as I'm expecting people to grant his request to kill him. So he can continue to berate Blade.

I'm pretty curious who used the Ring of Wisdom today to vote for a villager when the bandwagon was forming around RealDeal - given that this item is probably not moving I think it would be a reasonable candidate for someone to use the Hood of the Spy to locate.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #970
MrBug708
Head Coach

Except that two days ago, the ring was used on Digamma as the only vote, who turned out to be a wolf...
Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #971
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very true, Bug.

But that was also a lone vote that didn't play a role in the overall outcome.

Plus the ring could have been acquired through by a thief - doubt it would have been acquired by a pass.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #972
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think we may have a candidate for the first person to ever get banned from werewolf
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #973
Vince
Pro Starter

Well hoops...interestingly enough, I was close to throwing out a vote on an island for Raiders Army before you did it first. I couldn't bring myself to do it before I left, so I stuck with RealDeal. I'm with you -- really wondering about the ring of wisdom and what the purpose of the vote was.

I have passed my item on to someone who I think sent me something on a previous night. Hopefully they will enjoy it as much as I have.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:26 PM   #974
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vince, the last person to strongly endorse anything I said in this thread was in Post #348

That said, I'm hoping that all villagers are starting to work on a Plan B if (when?) it comes out that RealDeal was not a wolf, but a villager who got into a death spiral with another villager.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:05 PM   #975
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just so you all know, I was not ready to vote by the time I got out of work (5pm CST), and was promptly invited out to the bar by a friend of mine. Just got back in, hence the no vote.

Catching up to....eeesh. A fucking mess. But the only reason for my non-vote was real life, so please don't read anything into it. Going out for guinness trumps werewolf. Sorry.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #976
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tomorrow will be a very early vote for me. I'm driving home to see my wife around 2pm CST and won't be in there until around 8pm CST. I may be unavailable for a period an undisclosed period of time.

I'll have my vote in around 12pm CST, I'd suspect.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #977
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That is, if I don't die first.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:42 PM   #978
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Blade is trying to make himself out as a victim, which is ridiculous. He started this whole thing. Who else has had any problems with me in this game? I've been trying to kill wolves like everyone else.

Look at what happened: he voted for me the first turn (which is fine, got to vote for someone). But then he tried to take statements of mine that, even if I were a wolf, make no sense as something a wolf would say and try to get me killed. Every turn he tried to start a bandwagon on me, even the turns where there were obvious choices.

It's one thing to make honest conclusions, and this game is based on everyone not having full information, but if someone's just going to pick me out and try to fuck with me, then I got a problem. Look back at my record in this game: what objective reason did Blade have to single me out?

Now earlier I said he was either stupid or a wolf. He's obviously not a wolf, and honestly I don't think he's stupid. So, he's just trying to pick me out and get me killed early in the game. I have a problem with that. I make no apologizies for his death, although I did think he was a wolf at the time because I had no other explanation for what he was doing. When I found he was a villager, it made me angrier. I'm trying to play the game, and he's trying to play me totally unrelated to the game.

I am a villager, and I do indeed want to die this turn. I will be vindicated. Nobody here can say they've had any bad dealings with me, except one guy with his head up his ass.

It pisses me off that people are blaming me for his problem. Was I trying to frame him? Even when I got him killed, I made it clear I didn't have hard evidence on him. But why else would a guy just lock on to me for no reason from turn 1 and claim it was because I said "Bring it on" when he voted for me? Why would someone post his "evidence" and not even mention that Digamma was trying to frame me.

He wants to play his own game in the game? Well, fine. He did, and he lost. He's dead.

This game is about mistakes and that's OK. Fouts made a mistake early in the game and died. But Blade's "evidence" against me was so objectively senseless, that I was pretty pissed off. Look in Werewolf X; illini said he was "crazy" and bolded it, and Blade acted like he couldn't see it.

Anyway, long post, but my question is have any of you had a problem with me other than Blade? I don't think I should be blame for trouble I didn't start and wasn't looking for.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #979
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think you're the Real Deal. I also think you guys need to cool off just a little. You two take it easy.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:52 PM   #980
hoopsguy
General Manager

No problem with some escalated taunting between you and Blade; you guys collectively got under each others skin. But after he was dead and was revealed as a villager I didn't see how continuing to insult him benefitted either of you.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #981
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Because he was acting something out against me personally that made no sense in the game. Read the record of this game, and I think you will come to the same conclusion as me.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:10 PM   #982
SnDvls
Pro Starter

in case I get eaten tonight. I had 3 silver. I believe the wolves have at least one if not two books of the damned already and will probally do at least half of the converting tonight. Just my thoughts. Hope I live to see tomorrow.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #983
RealDeal
High School Varsity

If this is true, and I am not killed, I believe they will try to convert me because of the controversy. I need to die.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #984
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not convinced that the wolves were flush with cash.

Digamma didn't get any silver - he held the same item each day.
No clue what the other two held, passed but they would only have collected six silver on their turns if they had no items. I suspect the wolves have held items if there was any value to be had and gotten their silver by plundering their victims.

Jeff - Day 1, would he have had any silver?
Dubs - passed Mask to AE the first day, may have had one silver
Brian - used an item on first night, may have had two silver?

I'm guessing that the wolves would be purchasing the Book tonight at the earliest.

I don't think it makes sense to post your silver count - only makes you more attractive to the wolves.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #985
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Realdeal, can you just cool it with your feud with Blade? He's gone, if you guys want to keep the discussion going outside the confines of the game, please do it in another thread. It's annoying and it's a major distraction.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #986
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Hear, Hear.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #987
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I've said my piece. I didn't start this, but as far as I'm concerned I don't have anything else to say about it.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 AM   #988
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Another night passes in the village, and your numbers get fewer. There are screams early in the night, as has become usual, but no one dares to go out to investigate in the dark.

Later that night, something strange happens. Blue-white lightning cracks and arcs through the village, with no rain accompanying it. A booming voice is heard, reading words that make children scream and grown men weep, words that should never be spoken. Someone read the Book of the Damned tonight!

In the morning it was discovered that Henry296 is the latest victim of the wolves, his body found torn apart in his room. He was, to no one's surprise, an innocent villager.

I'll be sending out PMs with the night's actions momentarily.

Day 5

Lathum - Lynched Day 2 - villager
kingfc22
sundvls
blade6119 - Lynched Day 4 - villager
Coffee Warlord
Henry296 - killed Night 4 - villager
BrianD - killed Night 3 - villager
digamma - Lynched Day 3 - werewolf
eaglesfan27
hoopsguy
fouts - Poisoned and died Night 3 - villager
schmidty
dubb93 - killed Night 2 - villager
vince
Qwikshot - Lynched Day 1 - Sorceror
RealDeal
Jeff061 - Killed Night 1 - Sorceror
Raiders Army
Mr. Wednesday
MrBug708
Superman=#54
ardent enthusiast

I won't be around at 8 tonight but hopefully I'll be able to check the Net and make a post quickly. Lynch votes due by then.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #989
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Last night, I bought a pendant of seeing on the black market. Tonight, I looked into its depths and turned it toward SnDvls. He appeared to my eyes to be a simple villager.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:28 AM   #990
MrBug708
Head Coach

Geez....
Old 08-12-2005, 02:43 AM   #991
Fouts
College Starter

RIP henry, you were in my circle of trust, which is now the circle of the dead.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:47 AM   #992
MrBug708
Head Coach

I do know that Real Deal doesn't have the coat of arms....
Old 08-12-2005, 03:31 AM   #993
Vince
Pro Starter

Bug, how do you know? Were you passed the notebook by hoopsguy?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:21 AM   #994
Schmidty
Coordinator

This stinks.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:29 AM   #995
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damn, they got that Book quickly.

No item destroyed last night, AE. I'm hoping you will do some talking here. Since you are out this afternoon spill it early so we can work with the info.

Score is 10-2-1 at this point. The new sorceror does not, if I understand the rules correctly, know who the wolves are yet.

I did not pass the Notebook to Bug. I suppose he may have had the Guise and ended up with it during the pass, but I did not intentionally pass it to him.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:32 AM   #996
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, fuck me sideways. It doubly sucks for me that henry got killed.

#1, he's a villager of course.
#2, he was the one who I spoke to using the robe. Now that he's dead, he can't corroborate that...and I look bad.

Sorry I accused you of being a wolf in our PMs henry.

Now, would someone tell me why I look suspicious???
Old 08-12-2005, 05:45 AM   #997
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yesterday he spoke to me through the robe as well, and I can verify RA's story. I can't explain why the Hammer didn't destroy anything last night. *Shrug*. Maybe he has other ideas.

Through henry, my circle of trust is now eaglesfan, RA, but I don't know about the Hammer man anymore.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:09 AM   #998
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I did not pass the Notebook to Bug. I suppose he may have had the Guise and ended up with it during the pass, but I did not intentionally pass it to him.

You're killing me smalls

Things I would like to know...

A) Nothing was destroyed last night -- why? Ardent seemed to think that something was going to happen, but nothing did...

B) RealDeal supposedly passed the Coat of Arms -- to whom?

C) I still think it's in the wolves' best interests to get rid of the hammer. Ardent and his three 'potential' smiths are prime targets for eating...yet none of them have gone down. Again, why?

D) Who was converted to a Sorceror last night?

My list right now --

Name -- Item -- Role
-----------------------
Schmidty -- Hammer? -- Unknown
Coffee Warlord -- Hammer? -- Unknown
superman -- Hammer? -- Unknown
ardent enthusiast -- ??? -- Villager? Has had some interesting comments, but nothing terribly implicating yet
hoopsguy -- ??? -- Wolf? Defended digamma, I think he's a villager though.
Raiders Army -- Robe? -- Villager? I'm suspicious of him, but after re-reading the thread, he's said all the right things at all the right times. Was it he who claimed to have the Robe of the Priest? I don't remember, and it's 4 AM here...
RealDeal -- Coat of Arms? -- Villager? Vocally got blade killed, supposedly passed the Coat off.
SnDvls -- ??? -- Villager. Mr. Wednesday is someone I believe to be a villager. If he vouches for SnDvls, that's enough for me.
MrBug -- Hood of the Spy? -- Claims that Real Deal passed the coat, but hoopsguy says he wasn't passed the Notebook.
kingfc22 -- Ring of Wisdom? -- I have no clue about him. Just a complete guess on the item.
eaglesfan27 -- ??? -- Again, no clue.
Mr. Wednesday -- Nothing? -- Bought a pendant last night, I'd guess that means he has nothing since it was a single-use item and he used it. I believe that Mr. W is a good guy.

Items we know are out there -- Ring of Wisdom, Amulet of Seeing, Notebook of the Detective, Guise of the Impostor (do we KNOW this is out there though?), Hammer of the Blacksmith, Glove of the Thief (again, do we KNOW? Fouts could have had his amulet stolen by some lockpicks).

Since no one has claimed to have the amulet that Fouts had stolen, I'm guessing either A) a wolf has it, or B) whoever has it has been rather unlucky in the seeing business. While it would be a death wish to come out and say that you have the Ammy, watching someone you know is innocent die is pretty rough.

Right now I think the notebook, amulet and coat of arms are the three most important items -- what we can/should do with/about them is beyond me right now though. I'm going to come back after I get some sleep.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 AM   #999
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Guise of the imposter is out there - I have had it at one point in the game and it has not been destroyed.

Did people really pass silver to the king on the first day?

I've been trying to follow the money trail to figure out how the wolves would have gotten enough silver with Digamma holding onto his one-shot cloak and not accumulating silver.

Day 1 - three wolves, all start with zero silver
Night 1 - they kill Jeff, who would have had zero if people did not pass him silver
Day 2 - three wolves, if no items retained or passed to them they have collected two (Dig held his item)
Night 2 - they kill Dubs, who Peregrine cited as getting the silver from Lathum. Dubs had 1-2 silver (guessing)
Day 3 - three wolves, if no items retained or passed to them they have collected two more silver (again, Dig held his item)
Night 3 - Digamma dies, -1 silver for wolves. Although RA says he got it. If he is a wolf, then net even. They purchase the book at this point, since they used it Night 4

Note that Digamma should not have been collecting silver since he held the item the first two days and used it Day 3. So the fact that he had one silver means that the wolves had not entirely consolidated their silver at this point (perhaps they don't have to consolidate it, as the wolves are considered to act as one?).

So in a best case scenario for the wolves, if no one passed silver to Jeff, the wolves would have had six silver, thanks to wolf Raiders catching the one lost by wolf Digamma. But if people fed money to the King on Day 1 then they didn't need to be operating under best-case scenario to accumulate the cash.

I think it is pretty clear that the wolves early kills were motivated by silver. People said they are passing silver to the King, the King gets it. Dubs gets the dropped silver, they figure there is a good shot he has as much or more silver than any other players. Night 3 - they went after a guy who everyone now trusts - apparently they didn't want to use the Book on him a night later since that has now become a pretty standard Werewolf play.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:50 AM   #1000
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wolves now have the Robe with Henry dying.