Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Kicking around an OOTP15 League

Debating bringing something back for OOTP15. It's been (almost) a year since SLOP and while I really don't have any business trying to do another league, I sort of miss fast-sim and being actively involved in a baseball situation again.

Thinking something slower, maybe a season a month basically rather than a season every two weeks. While I loved the concept, I think we need to have it setup so there's more time for teams to have things play out.

Maybe we'll even consider injuries -- GASP -- but not entirely sure yet.

Just kicking this around. If I did do it, I'd have an assistant commissioner to help me run it and we'd have rules laid out and a mechanism for changing them, so it's not ruled by fiat.

Stay tuned. More to come.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove these ads by registering or logging in)

Register or login to remove these ads and many more.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Huckleberry
College Starter

I was actually working on a league setup that would work better with a quick sim format. I was actually going to target a month per season. Let me know if you're interested at all an I'll PM you about it.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #3
TRO
College Prospect

I'll be interested in a slightly more throttled back quick sim format.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
I was actually working on a league setup that would work better with a quick sim format. I was actually going to target a month per season. Let me know if you're interested at all an I'll PM you about it.

Let's hear it.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
Huckleberry
College Starter

The league I was working on is a fictional league that I want to start in 1871. I want the league to go through the history of the evolution of baseball, so league totals, etc. would be imported for each season.

The setup part that will either immediately sound like a great or terrible idea is that it would be intended for a promotion/relegation system. That's why a faster sim schedule would be perfect for this setup. If the league expands into multiple tiers then GMs would be more likely to stick around if the seasons turn over more quickly than if getting from, say, the third tier to the top tier is going to take a minimum of two years IRL.

Intended starting structure is a 12-team league with a 154 game schedule (play each team 14 times). I have modified that schedule to include a handful of weeks during the season that include no league games in order to make room for a Cup-style tournament. This is the part that I'm working with right now. Manually scheduling them as the playoff game type will enable player cards and history reports to show how each player did in the Cup during their career. I'm not 100% sure how it would work on the team history reports yet. Still testing. Anyway, so the league could start with only 12 teams at the beginning but could (hopefully) garner enough interest to add additional tiers each time there is enough interest.

So there would be no league playoffs and the regular season winner is the league champion, but each team has a chance to be Cup champions. Cup history would have to be manually entered onto the website each year but I would be willing to handle that as an assistant commish type duty.

In my first test run I tried to use feeder leagues but not have any draft, however that will require manually exporting the rosters and then modifying the CSV so that the feeder league free agents are not draft eligible each year at the start of free agency. I wanted to mimic a truly free market system w.r.t. to player movement in this league but drafting may be the way to go in the end. I definitely want feeder leagues for better stats history on drafted players (I like to have scouts ON with 20-80 ratings and coaches OFF but all of that is obviously up for discussion).

I would also want outside-of-OOTP finances but with a far less complex structure than FOBL. That would be the way to handle the difference in what kind of players could be afforded by teams in different tiers. My current test system is with three tiers where Tier 2's revenues and salaries are roughly half of Tier 1 and Tier 3's revenues and salaries are roughly half of Tier 2. Performances bonuses for league finish and Cup performance would also be included. In my first test season one of the Tier 3 teams made the Cup semifinal so they are due for an infusion of cash relative to their league mates.

I'm completely unclear on the minor league system I'd want to use and in my test league I have only a single minor league team (AAA - called the reserve team) for each club.

Anyway, let me know. This setup may require more commissioner attention than you were looking for, but I would definitely be willing to assist as much as possible.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
TRO
College Prospect

FWIW, my interest in a quick sim is "less complicated the better".

Your overall concept sounds interesting, but I don't think I would sign up for it.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
Huckleberry
College Starter

Yeah, I can see that. I think it could be simplified pretty easily by using a draft and making the financials pretty basic, but you may be right.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #8
Jack Raden
Mascot

I'd be interested in another fast-sim league, but like TRO, prefer something simpler (like what SLOP was). Huckleberry's league sounds interesting, but something that's probably more complex than what I'd be looking for.
Jack Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'd opt for simpler, I don't have the time I used to in order to really run something cray. But I'd enjoy doing something. Maybe we can even start in 14 and immediately bump to 15 as soon as it's launched.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
Huckleberry
College Starter

I yield to the mob.

I'm in for a simple quick sim.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:51 AM   #11
namal12
n00b

Hi guyz I'm new here....!

Register or login to remove these ads and many more.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:26 AM   #12
Linksta
n00b

is anyone still actively playing an online league?? I really really want to do an online league! thanks.
Linksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksta View Post
is anyone still actively playing an online league?? I really really want to do an online league! thanks.

Check out RANZBA, a fast-sim league that came from an alumnus of FOOL/SLOP or FOBL, the slow-cook league that's been playing for over a decade that we came from originally.