Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-08-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
Roga Danar
n00b

FOF 8 crashing out

I've been a longtime fan of FOF, and currently own FOF 8 on Steam.

About a week or two ago, FOF crashed out on me...I believe I was clicking on a name to see their stats when it happened.

Steam showed that I was still running FOF. I had to force exit Steam and then restart before I could get back into FOF.

Now, even if I exit FOF normally, Steam is showing that it is still running. I have to force exit Steam in order to start FOF. I've also used Steam to verify the integrity of the game's files.

Has anyone else had this issue and know the steps to resolve? I've googled around and searched this site, but was not successful in finding a resolution.

Thank you.

edit:
To be clear, I've got two issues going on:

1. When I exit FOF8 normally, Steam shows that it is still running. This occurred after the initial crash a week or two ago.
2. FOF8 is crashing pretty consistently. I'm interviewing draftees, and when I click to open players to see their potential stats or generally move around the draft screen it's crashing out.

Last edited by Roga Danar : 02-08-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Roga Danar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:49 PM   #2
Roga Danar
n00b

So...for #1 a simple reboot fixed that (have you tried turning it off and the on again?). Even if I crash out now, Steam shows it's no longer running after a second or two.

For #2 I sent the steps and error logs to the support email. Hopefully will get some response.

Last edited by Roga Danar : 02-10-2019 at 11:50 PM.
Roga Danar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
bdubbs
n00b

Haven't experienced this myself, my first instinct is always to uninstall / reinstall for this kind of issue though.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote