Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

League Background & Rules/Schedule

We're starting in 1940. I simmed the first season automatically, so that we can start fresh in 1941. (Also to make sure the thing worked.)

Rules:

- Transfers on with no sitting out a year.
- Redshirts cannot refuse.
- Injuries are super low during the season and get shut off during the post-season (10-30%)
- No academic suspensions.
- No conference movement.
- Human coaches cannot be fired. Human coaches do get job offers.
- All four tournaments are on (NCAA 68/NIT 40/CBI/CIT)
- Freshman are draft eligible

We're going to play somewhat fast-sim, probably not FOOL/SLOP breakneck speed, but pretty damn close to 2 seasons in a real life month (at least), I'm trying to make sense of it now.

The other wrinkle is that the league is using a custom FBCB.ini file that I've been perfecting for the past few years of simming hundreds of seasons. It'll probably be more spiked than you're used to, but I like the results it generates and best of all, the recruits you'll see -- to me -- feel a lot more like elite college D1 athletes, than whatever the normal game puts together.

I've also got a custom name file that the league is using, same -- I've built it over the years on my own.

I'm hoping it makes things more fun for folks, but I've obviously never tested them on an online league.

Lastly, I'm generating draft classes and will import our guys into a NBA pro league that I'll sim-only, it won't be for playing, but...it should be a fun way to keep up with our dudes when they graduate.

Schedule posting later today.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-19-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove these ads by registering or logging in)

Register or login to remove these ads and many more.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
MCK
n00b

Can players leave early?
Old 04-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yes, I forgot. Freshman year, right now. (One and done rule.) But I'm open to changing that given enough rancor. I just like the idea of players leaving early and making teams either reload or alternate paths to building teams, etc.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-19-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

ASSISTANT'S POOL

Because assistant hiring eats up too much time, I'm just going to implement an assistant's pool of points.

You get a certain # of points to allocate each year to your assistants. Eventually, if they're too good and you can't afford them on the budget your program has, they'll leave. But that's hashtag real life.

Might seem counterintuitive that the best assistants are at bad programs, but that's the tricky part. Plus, big budget schools will have the money to hire people that the small schools can't. This keeps things more interesting.

Quote:
Teams in 1 Prestige conferences: 300 points
2: 250 pts.
3: 200 pts.
4: 150 pts.
5: 100 pts.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SCHEDULE:

I will schedule games manually if two programs decide they want to play each other, but otherwise...it'll all be handled in-game.

Murrayyyy's schedule idea works for me.

Quote:
Day 1: Coach hiring & Transfers
Day 2: Scheduling (Sim to July)
Day 3: Stage I early recruiting (Sim July)
Day 4: Stage II early recruiting (Sim August)
Day 5: Stage III early recruit (Sim Sept)
Day 6: October recruiting/Training Camp/Final Redshirt (Sim to start of season)
Day 7: November Sim
-------------------------
Day 8: December Sim
Day 9: January Sim
Day 10: February Sim
Day 11: March through Conference tournaments (3 sims to get March recruiting done)
Day 12: Post-season tournaments through Sweet 16
Day 13: Post-season tournaments through Final Four
Day 14: Final Four/National Championship (April recruiting)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-20-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #6
dunkem
Mascot

No injuries and no academic suspensions.

To me, injuries are a huge part of the challenge in the game so toning it down is kind of critical. You don't need any kind of real depth if injuries are infrequent and adjustments throughout the season are minimal.

Academic suspensions also take a huge part of the training aspect out of the picture. If you don't have any risk of being ineligible, academics mean nothing except in initial recruiting.

I guess these rules are good for fast sim leagues. May not really my cup of tea since I like to tweak my lineup to adapt to injuries, suspensions, and general effectiveness every few weeks like NCAA53 and the original FOFC.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
No injuries and no academic suspensions.

To me, injuries are a huge part of the challenge in the game so toning it down is kind of critical. You don't need any kind of real depth if injuries are infrequent and adjustments throughout the season are minimal.

Academic suspensions also take a huge part of the training aspect out of the picture. If you don't have any risk of being ineligible, academics mean nothing except in initial recruiting.

I guess these rules are good for fast sim leagues. May not really my cup of tea since I like to tweak my lineup to adapt to injuries, suspensions, and general effectiveness every few weeks like NCAA53 and the original FOFC.

Yeah...NCAA53 and other leagues already exist, so if I was going to make a league, I figured I would make it a league I'd want to play in. The injuries thing isn't necessarily hard and fast, since...we're simming every month anyway, so depth will still matter. It's just for the post-season timeframe, injuries would be shut off, kind of like we did in the SLOP days around here.

But if there are tons of people who are ZOMG INJURIES D00D then that's fine. I was originally thinking we'd sim faster, but I think the existing schedule as composed would let us get two seasons in a month give or take, which works for me. Fast enough to be fast-sim, but not so breakneck to render seasons useless.

But I know the league isn't gonna be everyone's cuppa.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #8
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I will schedule games manually if two programs decide they want to play each other, but otherwise...it'll all be handled in-game.

Here's a rough schedule.

Suggestion on the schedule just because I think human teams will take a blood bath in recruiting with the above set up. August and Sept need to be split as it's the biggest jump for players lists (after August) so missing the Sept sim would put you two months behind the CPU competing for players.I Know it adds a day but still have you ate 28 days for two seasons and the only missed recruiting is if you don't exports that day as opposed to not having a shot or having to turn it on CPU recruiting so you don't fall behind.

Day 11: March through Conference tournaments (3 sims to get March recruiting done)
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Suggestion on the schedule just because I think human teams will take a blood bath in recruiting with the above set up. August and Sept need to be split as it's the biggest jump for players lists (after August) so missing the Sept sim would put you two months behind the CPU competing for players.I Know it adds a day but still have you ate 28 days for two seasons and the only missed recruiting is if you don't exports that day as opposed to not having a shot or having to turn it on CPU recruiting so you don't fall behind.

This works for me, I'll make the change. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #10
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Because assistant hiring eats up too much time, I'm just going to implement an assistant's pool of points.

You get a certain # of points to allocate each year to your assistants. Eventually, if they're too good and you can't afford them on the budget your program has, they'll leave. But that's hashtag real life.

Might seem counterintuitive that the best assistants are at bad programs, but that's the tricky part. Plus, big budget schools will have the money to hire people that the small schools can't. This keeps things more interesting.
Probably just me not having enough caffeine yet this morning, but can you expand on this? Are we creating assistants with these point allocations? So I could distribute my 100 points as follows:

Recruiting Coordinator: 20/x/x/x
Lead Scout: x/20/x/x
Coaching Assistant: x/x/20/20

(with the x's adding up to the final 20 points)

NCAA2018 - an FBCB2 multi-player league
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Probably just me not having enough caffeine yet this morning, but can you expand on this? Are we creating assistants with these point allocations? So I could distribute my 100 points as follows:

Recruiting Coordinator: 20/x/x/x
Lead Scout: x/20/x/x
Coaching Assistant: x/x/20/20

(with the x's adding up to the final 20 points)

More like, you hire assistants in-game like normal but we won't wait for the multiple rounds, instead you just offer a ton of deals on guys and if you whiff on all of them, then you get who the AI ends up signing for you. Then you can distribute points to those dudes accordingly.
Sponsors (you can remove these ads by registering or logging in)

Register or login to remove these ads and many more.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #12
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Hey DC, are we still waiting on a few more people to join up?

NCAA2018 - an FBCB2 multi-player league
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote