Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2018, 05:13 AM   #51
Edward64
Head Coach

The n-word starts at about 3:10. It really goes from bad to worse after that with the buttocks.

TBH, I'm not sure he's a racist but he is definitely stupid.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/enter...gns/index.html
Quote:
Jason Spencer, a Georgia state lawmaker who dropped his trousers and repeatedly used the "n-word" on an episode of the Showtime series "Who Is America?" on Sunday night, has announced his resignation.
:
Spencer was pranked into believing the comedian was an Israeli anti-terrorism expert who was able to convince the legislator that a series of racist acts would protect him against terrorists
:
From there, Cohen engaged in a series of supposed anti-terrorism exercises that included telling Spencer to yell as a way of attracting attention during an ISIS kidnapping attempt.

"In America there is one forbidden word," Cohen said. "It is the 'n-word.'"
After Spencer yelled the racial slur, Cohen responded "Are you crazy? The 'n-word' is noonie! Not this word. This word is disgusting."

"Got it," Spencer said.

Cohen also got Spencer to imitate an Asian accent in an exercise that had him pretending to be an Asian tourist in an attempt to take a photo under a person's burqa and to drop his trousers "to use your buttocks to intimidate ISIS."

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:27 AM   #52
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Yeah I saw it and he pretty much offended every minority in one shot.

There's no excuse.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:43 AM   #53
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Yeah I saw it and he pretty much offended every minority in one shot.

There's no excuse.

I was thinking, "you're in GA, get yourself a carry permit".
Old 10-16-2018, 05:27 AM   #54
miami_fan
Coordinator

Woman blocks man from entering his own apartment in St. Louis
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:35 AM   #55
miami_fan
Coordinator

Also, I have no idea what happened prior to the recording happening because that is a thing that has to be said.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 10-16-2018, 06:06 AM   #56
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Also, I have no idea what happened prior to the recording happening because that is a thing that has to be said.

Here's the video (couldn't get it to work on my PC though).

You don't see what he was wearing or how he was acting before and I guess he could have looked "suspicious". TBH, if I lived there and saw someone that really did not "fit" look I would have called 911 (or apt security) regardless if he was black or white. But I certainly would not have confronted the person.

Woman Fired After Video Shows Her Blocking Her Black Man from Condo | PEOPLE.com

I am somewhat troubled by her firing. It wasn't on company business or in a company site. She screwed up in her personal life this one time, let her apologize and move on.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:10 AM   #57
Butter
Coordinator

Yeah, but the article says she works for a minority-owned company. I don't fault them for firing her. If she wants to sue them, go for it.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:19 AM   #58
Edward64
Head Coach

I found this article interesting. It reports on Chinese racism in Kenya but also how China is investing in Africa.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/w...na-racism.html

I do believe a large % (probably majority) of Chinese from China are racist. How they have been enclosed, brought up is definitely a factor and it'll take several generations of continued global participation for their attitudes to change.

The investing in Africa made me wonder if China is making the right bets on natural resources, alliances etc. and if the US should be doing the same there. I don't think so but really don't know.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:24 AM   #59
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

You don't see what he was wearing or how he was acting before and I guess he could have looked "suspicious". TBH, if I lived there and saw someone that really did not "fit" look I would have called 911 (or apt security) regardless if he was black or white. But I certainly would not have confronted the person.

Woman Fired After Video Shows Her Blocking Her Black Man from Condo | PEOPLE.com

I am somewhat troubled by her firing. It wasn't on company business or in a company site. She screwed up in her personal life this one time, let her apologize and move on.

Actions have consequences.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:23 AM   #60
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So according to the video she wouldn’t let him in even though he had his keys. Yet after watching the video she clearly tells him that if he wants in there is a keypad. So at face value I would say he isn’t telling the whole story.

The story could just as easily be title, “Man tries to enter locked gate behind woman with key at night, refuses to produce his own key.” She should have just shut the door and let him use his key. When I lived in an apartment the rule right in the lease stated you need to have your keyfob on you at all times when using the facilities on the grounds. Failure to have your keyfob would result in you being denied entrance, ejected from the facility, and after the third time you would lose all access to facilities. We had entrance to apartments from the outside, but if our apartment doors were inside I imagine the same rules would apply. They both escalated this needlessly.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #61
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a firm right to work and at will employment proponent so I have no issue with her firing on any level.

This seems like an obvious situation from the info provided.

But the race bait videos present a half story. Has this woman lived there any length of time? Has she ever called the police before for suspicious people? Were they all black or has she called on suspicious people of other ethnicities?

All these can be mitigating factors.

I'm a bit hyper sensitive to the issue right now. I have a small real estate rental company. I have a hired property manager that handles maintenance, repairs, leasing and end term. We had an applicant disappointed that she was turned down for housing come in camera blazing yelling repeatedly "tell everyone you wouldn't rent to me because I'm black" then shared the video. It got some local facebook attention (nowhere near as many views) then died down. Then I got a call from the Action 9 news team. Race played no part in the decision, in fact the lady applied online I had no idea of her race (For whats its worth her first name was Cindy...)she was disqualified because she had a sub 500 credit score. Had 3 evictions in the past 5 years and 2 felony assault convictions. Each of those 3 are eliminators by themselves as clearly stated on our application.

The most ridiculous part of the whole ordeal. The tenant we did rent to was a black single female. Only legally I cant say that when I have a TV news dude on the phone because of fair housing practices.

The boy (lady) who cried wolf makes folks turn a blind eye to real issues I fear.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:41 AM   #62
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Yeah, but the article says she works for a minority-owned company. I don't fault them for firing her. If she wants to sue them, go for it.

Sue them for what? Was it a racially motivated firing?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #63
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
TBH, if I lived there and saw someone that really did not "fit" look I would have called 911 (or apt security) regardless if he was black or white. But I certainly would not have confronted the person.

Just curious what you define as "fit." Maybe a poor choice of wording, but you realize in today's society "acceptable" attire/appearance encompasses a wide array of looks. Hell, I can go from looking like I belong in a board room to looking like I belong in the Aryan Brotherhood by simply ditching the suit and exposing my tats.

In terms of the firing, that is what you are going to get in a right to work situation, and in this case it could even be considered for cause depending on company policy. Companies are very protective of their brand in today's hyper-sensitive social media driven world and can let you go for anything that appears in these mediums that cast a poor light on them, or conflicts with their core values. If she witnessed what she though was criminal behavior, be smart (and safe) and call the PD. Otherwise accept that a black person, dressed like a 'rapper' just may belong in the same building as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I'm a firm right to work and at will employment proponent so I have no issue with her firing on any level.

The boy (lady) who cried wolf makes folks turn a blind eye to real issues I fear.

This is a huge problem in today's environment. My wife works for a fortune 500 company and is on the African American resource group there. She expressed dismay in the past about a couple of people who just used the forum to bitch about they were being held down and discriminated against all the time.

She finally called one of them out on it and asked why they chose to continue to be the victim and what had they done to elevate themselves? The response was, "well it is little easier for you being married to a white man." Shit like this drives my wife nuts! She was a successful single mother, who purchased a house and was in a management position with the VA before she ever met me and she pretty much destroyed the other woman for that comment. Fortunately others in the group also called out the behavior and comments and those two have since fallen into line with what the true purpose of the group is.

The problem though is this victim mentality still exists with far too many people who see an opportunity to make everything about race, when as in your case, it is the farthest thing from the truth. A more serious consequence is that it severely undermines the very real racism that still exists in this country and even empowers those that carry racism in their heart because they get to point at examples like yours and say "see, they are just playing the race card"
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #64
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

I'll bite.

Is there a dress code and a standard of behavior where you live just to gain access to your home? Also what exactly is the proper "fit" for your neighborhood and how is that determined?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #65
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

This is a huge problem in today's environment. My wife works for a fortune 500 company and is on the African American resource group there. She expressed dismay in the past about a couple of people who just used the forum to bitch about they were being held down and discriminated against all the time.

She finally called one of them out on it and asked why they chose to continue to be the victim and what had they done to elevate themselves? The response was, "well it is little easier for you being married to a white man." Shit like this drives my wife nuts! She was a successful single mother, who purchased a house and was in a management position with the VA before she ever met me and she pretty much destroyed the other woman for that comment. Fortunately others in the group also called out the behavior and comments and those two have since fallen into line with what the true purpose of the group is.

The problem though is this victim mentality still exists with far too many people who see an opportunity to make everything about race, when as in your case, it is the farthest thing from the truth. A more serious consequence is that it severely undermines the very real racism that still exists in this country and even empowers those that carry racism in their heart because they get to point at examples like yours and say "see, they are just playing the race card"

We don't have a like button here so...quoting this to say, Amen.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #66
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:

Depending upon what her job was with the company, you can justify it. If she was responsible for showing units to potential renters or approving applications this opens up a whole can of worms for the company. It is already difficult enough to defend against frivolous complaints as CU Tiger points out, much less one that may have some weight due to what the employee did in their private life.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:20 AM   #67
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So according to the video she wouldn’t let him in even though he had his keys. Yet after watching the video she clearly tells him that if he wants in there is a keypad. So at face value I would say he isn’t telling the whole story.

The story could just as easily be title, “Man tries to enter locked gate behind woman with key at night, refuses to produce his own key.” She should have just shut the door and let him use his key. When I lived in an apartment the rule right in the lease stated you need to have your keyfob on you at all times when using the facilities on the grounds. Failure to have your keyfob would result in you being denied entrance, ejected from the facility, and after the third time you would lose all access to facilities. We had entrance to apartments from the outside, but if our apartment doors were inside I imagine the same rules would apply. They both escalated this needlessly.

If I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, she lost it when she CALLED THE POLICE AFTER HE ENTERED HIS APARTMENT!

Or taking it at face value, she called the police because her neighbor did not accept her attempt at getting to know him better.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #68
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I'll bite.

Is there a dress code and a standard of behavior where you live just to gain access to your home? Also what exactly is the proper "fit" for your neighborhood and how is that determined?

No, not to your own home. Is there one for my neighborhood so as to not look suspicious when entering or walking around it, sure.

Proper "fit" is obviously pretty subjective and there is no set 1-2-3 code-of-dress. If it wasn't Halloween and someone came dressed as a pimp or looked run-down, yeah I would be suspicious.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #69
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Just curious what you define as "fit." Maybe a poor choice of wording, but you realize in today's society "acceptable" attire/appearance encompasses a wide array of looks. Hell, I can go from looking like I belong in a board room to looking like I belong in the Aryan Brotherhood by simply ditching the suit and exposing my tats.

See my response to miami_fan above.

Quote:
In terms of the firing, that is what you are going to get in a right to work situation, and in this case it could even be considered for cause depending on company policy. Companies are very protective of their brand in today's hyper-sensitive social media driven world and can let you go for anything that appears in these mediums that cast a poor light on them, or conflicts with their core values. If she witnessed what she though was criminal behavior, be smart (and safe) and call the PD. Otherwise accept that a black person, dressed like a 'rapper' just may belong in the same building as you.

I absolutely agree about calling PD or apt security first, she was pretty stupid and if he was a bad guy, it may have turned out bad for her.

I don't disagree that actions have consequences, I believe people should be held accountable for their actions. I question if it rises to the level of firing (e.g. was this truly racially motivated, have other co-workers complained about her before etc.).

Quote:

I don't disagree.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-16-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #70
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't disagree that actions have consequences, I believe people should be held accountable for their actions. I question if it rises to the level of firing (e.g. was this truly racially motivated, have other co-workers complained about her before etc.).

Here is what I think you are missing. It doesnt matter what her motivation was or what she has done in the past. If she is my employee she is gone. Period.

Why?
Because the public perception of what she did could negatively impact my business. When you put yourself in a position to be a detriment to my business you have to find somewhere else to work.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #71
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Sue them for what? Was it a racially motivated firing?

Who knows what her perception is. That's her recourse if she didn't like being fired though, or felt it was "unfair".
Old 10-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #72
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Here is what I think you are missing. It doesnt matter what her motivation was or what she has done in the past. If she is my employee she is gone. Period.

Why?
Because the public perception of what she did could negatively impact my business. When you put yourself in a position to be a detriment to my business you have to find somewhere else to work.

Bingo, and look at us, agreeing twice in one day LOL.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #73
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

'Megyn Kelly Today' is done, NBC reveals following blackface scandal

Either Megyn Kelly is an idiot or she was done with NBC and was re-auditioning for a Fox News gig.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #74
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
'Megyn Kelly Today' is done, NBC reveals following blackface scandal

Either Megyn Kelly is an idiot or she was done with NBC and was re-auditioning for a Fox News gig.

Two birds with one stone I am sure
Old 10-29-2018, 09:26 PM   #75
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ack, I broke it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:03 AM   #76
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Damn, never realized PilotMan was a bot. AI really has gotten better recently!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 AM   #77
BYU 14
Coordinator

Holy mega link Batman
Old 10-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #78
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Ack, I broke it.
I fixed it.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #79
tarcone
Coordinator

Back to the St Louis woman.

In the HOA indentures it tells the residents not to let anyone without their keyfob. HE refused to show her his fob.

There had been incidents of theft and what not because people getting in with out a key fob.

And this is down town St Louis. One of the most dangerous cities in the country.

I think this was blown way out of proportion.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:34 PM   #80
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty sad. Wonder what she is thinking now?

North Carolina woman fired, could be charged for harassing black sisters in viral video - CBS News
Quote:
"Is your boyfriend here? Is your baby daddy here?" Westwood says near the beginning of one video. "Nobody cares! I'm white and I'm hot. I'm white and I'm hot."

Westwood repeatedly brags about her $125,000 salary, saying at one point, "I'm white and I make $125,000 a year and I want to make sure that you're all up in here." She also curses at the sisters as they ask her to leave them alone.

After the sisters walk away and one says she will call 911, Westwood yells to them, "Do I need to bring out my concealed weapon, too?"

The incident happened October 19. After one of the sisters posted the footage on Facebook Friday, Westwood's employer, Spectrum Enterprises, which is owned by Charter Communications, said she was fired.

The real question is hot or not? Not.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-30-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:39 PM   #81
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

North Carolina woman fired, could be charged for harassing black sisters in viral video - CBS News

I was just thinking of posting a poll
Old 10-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #82
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I was just thinking of posting a poll

Please do start those series of threads again!

Maybe they'll let us do them again? Maybe we can do these polls without pictures?
Old 10-30-2018, 09:07 PM   #83
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Who's stopping people from posting a poll? I haven't tried posting one in a while.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #84
Edward64
Head Coach

I seem to remember the mods banning those threads. Too porn-like or something.

If they have mellowed/chilled out, let's start with Gal Gadot!
Old 11-01-2018, 01:27 AM   #85
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

In the HOA indentures it tells the residents not to let anyone without their keyfob. HE refused to show her his fob.

There had been incidents of theft and what not because people getting in with out a key fob.

And this is down town St Louis. One of the most dangerous cities in the country.

Not when she follow shim to his apartment, sees him enter with a key and still calls the police. Her dumbass should not have been standing there with the door open either, pretty sure the HOA advises residents not to that as well.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:40 AM   #86
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

There had been incidents of theft and what not because people getting inhttps://forums.operationsports.com/fofc/images/smilies/confused.gif with out a key fob.

If she truly felt this was a criminal, she can call the police (as she did).

But she isn't the police, she isn't paid security for the building, she's just a resident like he is. He doesn't have to answer to her authority because she has none over him.

If a stranger blocked you from entering your home unless you showed your ID or something, how would you react?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:43 AM   #87
RainMaker
General Manager

I would also not be that mad if the police were called on me in that situation. If you're suspicious, maybe play it safe.

But if it's my home that I paid a bunch of money for that you're blocking me from entering, that's going to piss me off. And I would not have been as nice as he was.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:11 AM   #88
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

Hey, that's (more or less) my neighborhood! I'm not sure if that's more par for the course for the area once you start going past the SouthPark Mall towards the country clubs (rather than the college/transplant part I'm in that's closer to Uptown), or more par for the course for a Spectrum employee interacting with potential costumers... The only really surprising things are that she was actually confronting people instead of being passive aggressive, and that she somehow thinks she's hot. Clearly delusional, I'm glad she was fired, evicted, and criminally charged. (Not sure if people are exaggerating, but I guess she also called 911 on the cops when they responded because one of them was black and "black people were surrounding her".)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:11 AM   #89
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Chipotle Rehired A Minnesota Manager After Racist Accusations In Viral Video Had Her Fired
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #90
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't really know the full story here but I would assume fired Manager told HQ about seeing the "dine and dash" but they still decided to fire her and only relented when social media started to push back.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #91
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Perfect example of how companies are pressured to act now instead of actually take time to study all aspects before firing someone.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #92
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't really know the full story here but I would assume fired Manager told HQ about seeing the "dine and dash" but they still decided to fire her and only relented when social media started to push back.

Yeah between the E-Coli and the company not standing up for their employees, I'm not going to Chipotle any time soon.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #93
JPhillips
General Manager

Sounds like police killed an innocent Black man with a gun in Alabama while the shooter got away. I expect the NRA will be issuing a statement any minute now.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #94
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Sounds like police killed an innocent Black man with a gun in Alabama while the shooter got away. I expect the NRA will be issuing a statement any minute now.

Yeah, wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the shootings thread. Both, really.

But I think this illustrates - "good guy with a gun" probably doesn't include black people. If you're a black guy with a gun, you're gonna get shot.

Great police work, too. "Welp, we shot a black guy. Case closed. Go us - bravery!"

Last edited by cuervo72 : 11-24-2018 at 04:01 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #95
Edward64
Head Coach

It may well turn out to be a "good black guy with a gun" and a police screwup but IMO too early to start making fun of the cops.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #96
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
It may well turn out to be a "good black guy with a gun" and a police screwup but IMO too early to start making fun of the cops.

I think that questioning their complete satisfaction on Thursday that had completely gotten this one right is certainly enough to comment on. By then the narrative had been solidified and even after they said, "well, maybe we messed up" some citizens had decided that this 'thug' was to blame somehow. That alone shows poor decision making, at the least.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #97
cuervo72
Head Coach

It's not making fun of them. It is criticizing them for bad work -- when they are patting themselves on the back for that bad work.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #98
Edward64
Head Coach

A little more context but still too early to tell IMO. The last 2 paragraphs will hopefully get us an answer.

Also highlighted the quote that said many others had their weapons drawn also. There are going to be some lessons learned here on what gun carry folks should or not do in this situation.

Alabama police offer new explanation for shooting wrong man - BBC News
Quote:
Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr, 21, had "brandished a gun" as police responded to Thursday's incident at the shopping centre near Birmingham, they said.
:
Hoover Police Department said on Monday: "We can say with certainty Mr Bradford brandished a gun during the seconds following the gunshots, which instantly heightened the sense of threat to approaching police officers responding to the chaotic scene."

Mr Bradford had a permit to carry a weapon, according to his family. Under Alabama gun law, it is not illegal to carry a firearm in public.
:
As people fled, witnesses reported many people had their own guns out, according to NPR.

When police arrived on scene, a uniformed officer saw Mr Bradford with a firearm and shot him to death, believing him to be the gunman.
:
The updated police statement said: "New evidence suggests that while Bradford may have been involved in some aspect of the altercation, he likely did not fire the rounds that injured the 18-year-old victim."
:
According to Al.com, Mr Bradford was friends with the 18-year-old who was shot and seriously hurt.

Mr Bradford's family cited witnesses as saying that he had been trying to help by waving people to safety.
:
Monday's police statement noted that bodycam and other available footage has been turned over to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department as the investigation continues.
:
Authorities said they have some information on the initial shooter and are working towards an arrest.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #99
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

NC high school students disciplined for racist video | Charlotte Observer

This is the school my kids would attend if they go to public high schools. (Completely unrelated to this incident, they most likely won't.)
Old 11-28-2018, 12:45 PM   #100
Edward64
Head Coach

And I read the WI kids with the Hitler salute are getting away with it. I hope they had a good talking to from their parents.