Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Fictional Fast-Sim Quickstart with 200+ years of history (for OOTP 14)

This is my ongoing fast-sim solo league that I started back in 2008 and have been actively managing through versions 9, 10 and now 11 of OOTP. It's accumulated over 200 years of history beginning in 1800 and this file will take you to the start of the 2012 season.

The years aren't important, I started in the past because I knew I wanted a long history when I started it and I have a hard time starting in the modern times, but the economic model and stats (ok, mostly) have been relatively static. There is a period of a juiced ball and dead ball period, but...I managed to stabilize it before moving it into OOTP 11 upon release.

There are 36 teams in the majors (two 18-team leagues) and 8 teams in each make the playoffs at the moment. (7-7-7-9) There are three levels of minors, but ghost players are turned on.

Schedule is custom and all of the major league teams have uniforms and logos.

The history alone might engross you for hours before you even decide to play it at all, at least, it does for me and I've been around for all of it. Enjoy.

It's huge (all that history, you know) so it'll take a while, but it's worth it. Unzip the file and then download it into your Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\quickstart_games\ folder.

Salary cap is set to $66 million.

Lemme know if you have questions!

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-13-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

I just downloaded and got this installed. Everything looks great in game. Now I am off to dig into the history so I can determine which franchise I'd like to run.

Thanks for making this available. I've been trying to get around to starting a new solo league, this just gave me the reason. I am sure I will get a lot of use from it.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Awesome. Glad to hear it. Bantam hasn't won a title since the 1930s, Boston hasn't since 1893 in case you're looking for a challenge.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Awesome. Glad to hear it. Bantam hasn't won a title since the 1930s, Boston hasn't since 1893 in case you're looking for a challenge.

Yeah, I was browsing through the history trying to find a team who'd been around and never won a championship.

I was almost settled on the Compton Brothers as they have only won the title once in their history and it was back in 1933.

Once I got to some of the newer teams though, I think I like the Tupelo Moonshiners for obvious reasons...

I'm torn though. With such a rich engrossing history it'd almost be a shame to not try and turn around one of the historically bad or mediocre franchises.

Then again, I feel like I am a new comer to this whole thing and maybe one of the recent expansion teams might be a good fit for me.

The Chicago Comets and Tupelo Moonshiners would both fit that bill as they are new and have never won any championships.

FWIW I spent a solid couple hours researching through the history books. The longest hitting streak was 43 games back in the 70's if I recall correctly. The original record stood for more than 120 years. That type of stuff kept me busy and entertained yesterday, for that I thank you!

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request

Last edited by ShoelessJ03 : 04-24-2010 at 10:32 AM.
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:19 AM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

I'll give it a try soon, most of fictional quickstarts have only 16 teams or so and i like yours with 36 teams, thanks!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Cool guys. I wasn't sure whether anyone else would get as much use out of it as I have, but....I'm glad I put it out there. It's been the most fun I've had in solo in ages.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm really enjoying looking through the history Dark Cloud - one thing I noticed though, is that it seemed to be common in this league's history for players to play up to the age of 45 or even longer - player after player I looked at seemed to have played into their low 40s at least, and these are mostly position players, not relief pitchers. Is this some kind of bug from a previous version of the game?
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I'm really enjoying looking through the history Dark Cloud - one thing I noticed though, is that it seemed to be common in this league's history for players to play up to the age of 45 or even longer - player after player I looked at seemed to have played into their low 40s at least, and these are mostly position players, not relief pitchers. Is this some kind of bug from a previous version of the game?

No, I just have the aging modifiers abnormally low. Like it was once as low as .300 and I think it might be at .600 in this iteration of the league I don't recall.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
TwinCitiesFan
n00b

Does anyone still have this quickstart?

Thanks in advance
TwinCitiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesFan View Post
Does anyone still have this quickstart?

Thanks in advance

I probably have a copy somewhere. Lemme see if I can dredge it up.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've reuploaded the file. It's darn near 600MB, so prep to wait a while for it to finish...but it's worth it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Old 05-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #12
TwinCitiesFan
n00b

Very cool, thank you!
TwinCitiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I guess I'll port to this to 12 sometime..
Old 09-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, here's the OOTP12 version of this same quickstart. I renamed it to Day To Day Baseball (because of how I sim)

We're at 24 teams now, due to some contract and modern expansion due to the atrophy of some of teams/staleness. I figure this gives me (and you!) the flexibility to add teams as you want to have essentially a chance to build even more history with a different set of clubs. Just two divisions in each league and two rounds of playoffs (7-9) should make things more competitive, but fun as well.

So things should be easier to get immersed with and I've personally found it more fun to play now than ever. Best of all, the file I've uploaded is in a .zip file with the folder to install into your OOTP Quickstarts directory and it's only about 59MB, so a lot less time downloading and more time playing.

Check it out and let me know if you have question.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, so here's the OOTP13 Quickstart version. We're now in the year 2031, there are 28 teams (two 14-team leagues) and the playoffs are set to allow 5 teams from each league, making use of the flexible playoff formats of OOTP. The playoff format is (3-7-7-9), with all but the 4th and 5th seeds getting wild card round byes.

Create a D2D.quick folder in your OOTP13/quickstarts folder and insert the contents of this zip into it.

You can download the file here.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The OOTP 14 version of this Quickstart is now available here.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-13-2013 at 09:52 PM.