Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
dOrrrr
n00b

43Under - UTvsNT - RDTvsLDT

Hi everyone,

I have been running a 43 under. I consulted the Defensive Philosophy help file and it mentions that the 1-tech (NT) is the LDT and the 3-tech (UT) is the RDT.

I have a generational RDT - He is 291lbs so I set him as the UT (which I believe is Undersized Tackle) in the Depth Chart. When I go back to my roster screen it says he is starting at LDT and my 314lbs LDT whom I set as the NT is starting at RDT.

Is the connection between NT being LDT and UT being RDT just broken? If so, would the recommendation be make sure they are at the correct LDTvsRDT or just set them as the correct UTvsNT?

I know this is a little convoluted but a little bit of OCD, I just want my guys in the right position.

Any help appreciated

dOrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #2
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dOrrrr View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been running a 43 under. I consulted the Defensive Philosophy help file and it mentions that the 1-tech (NT) is the LDT and the 3-tech (UT) is the RDT.

I have a generational RDT - He is 291lbs so I set him as the UT (which I believe is Undersized Tackle) in the Depth Chart. When I go back to my roster screen it says he is starting at LDT and my 314lbs LDT whom I set as the NT is starting at RDT.

Is the connection between NT being LDT and UT being RDT just broken? If so, would the recommendation be make sure they are at the correct LDTvsRDT or just set them as the correct UTvsNT?

I know this is a little convoluted but a little bit of OCD, I just want my guys in the right position.

Any help appreciated

Good point, I'm interested for seeing what the answers are.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
triplykely
Mascot

I read something about this but can’t recall exactly. There was something relating to run direction results seeming flipped and I believe that depth chart may have the the UT listed as NT as vice versa. Wish I could remember where I saw the discussion
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:25 AM   #4
henry296
College Starter

I believe the roster screen doesn't update until after the game is played. I'm in preseason and it is showing inactive players as starters even after I rexed my new lineup to account for the changes in the next game.

Save your game, play the next one and see what it says. If it doesn't match, you can reload. I also think starters are the base vs 2 WR for defense, but not sure. I play 3-4 and it shows 2 MLB as starters which in the 3 WR base defense one comes off for the nickel back.