Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #701
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Ardent Enthusiast sues Alan T for defamation.

Hey, you look hot in a skirt.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #702
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
My list of potential arrests:

1. Narcazio -- Moved up a rank of wealth for no apparent reason
2. ITC -- Hardly ever an active player so this game isn't unusual, but as a rule I'm in favor of going after those who are less active
3. Ironhead -- Troubling inconsistencies

I would be open to other ideas as well.

In Narcizo's case, it seems apparent to me that you will always have the 3 richest, 5 next most wealthy, 8 semi-wealthy and then everyone else. Narcizo likely was the most wealthy of the bottom group before the day started and moved up with kwhit at the end of the day. (Remember Sndvls died and was in that group, and Mustang moved down from that group to the lower group apparently due to lawsuits).

What is concerning is I can't imagine Narcizo didn't notice that and chose not to say anything or mention it. That in itself is more suspicious to me than what appears to simply be a game mechanic.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #703
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
i have a feeling Bulletsponge is a Tarq plus we need to see what happens when some one is thrown off the cliff so.....

VOTE KILL BULLETSPONGE

Gravity?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #704
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Ardent seems to be posting just to be posting.
QFT. I don't want to start the review lesson in front of me. But you're right, I should probably get to it.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #705
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Right now I am assuming that the bad guys ended up hiring alot of the services due to the complete lack of anyone speaking about the service availability. So far we know Hoops and I purchased horse dealer service, we know Ardent was one of the legionares. That leaves 1 legionare, 1 sex dealer, 1 warlord and 1 priest purchased. So that either leaves 4 bad guys who purchased those services or good guys who just haven't been around yet since or are just being rather selfish about the information.

*I* purchased horse dealers on Day one sir, as a reminder.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #706
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, day 1 I almost arrested daddyTorgo and day 2 I almost arrested him also. He's been bugging me alot this game for some reason I haven't quite put my finger on yet.

I kind of agree about Barkeep. not sure what exactly is up with him. I don't feel badly yet about Autumn or Ironhead, but perhaps its because they both are fairly new. Ironhead had some agenda that I couldn't put my finger on last night that I called him out on, but I don't think thats enough to say he's a traitor, he could have just been wrong.

On your second list, Anxiety really is the one that bugged me the most. He made references to things that I asked about and then tried to change the subject, to which I responded and then he just stopped responding all together on it.

Last night was date night, so if it was then, then there you go. I honestl;y don;t even remember,

Old 04-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #707
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
*I* purchased horse dealers on Day one sir, as a reminder.

Someone is incorrect or lying or something then I believe. There were only two horse dealers available. I purchased one, and both Hoops and Anxiety claim to have purchased the other.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #708
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Last night was date night, so if it was then, then there you go. I honestl;y don;t even remember,

No.. you responded to me something really random, and then didn't reply after that.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #709
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I placed a bid on the horses on Day 1 - can go look up my PM to see which one it was if that is noteworthy. There were two of them and one of them went to Alan.

I think that Chief Rum's posted thoughts on the services are pretty well thought out.

I'm going to give Bullet the benefit of the doubt for a little while today. But I definitely want to hear from him and will move to throw him from the rock (likely by mid-day) if that doesn't appear to be forthcoming.

Here is where Hoops mentioned he also purchased the other service of a horse dealer.

Lexus Postus, owner of many horses
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses

I am not going to say who I purchased from. I know, and one other person knows since I included the name of the horse owner in my message to them. I would like Hoops and Anxiety to both state which horse owner they won the services from.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #710
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
My list of potential arrests:

1. Narcazio -- Moved up a rank of wealth for no apparent reason

Narcazio? Who's that?

I thought that was a bit odd as well but my idea is that I must have been at the top of the bottom tier and KWhit's reduction of peoples' wealth must have bumped me up. My impression is that the wealth listings is relative so other people losing money means that I'm relatively wealthier.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #711
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Someone is incorrect or lying or something then I believe. There were only two horse dealers available. I purchased one, and both Hoops and Anxiety claim to have purchased the other.

Are you sure you didn;t buy yesterday, Day Two? I had Blake Fortunatus as my purchase.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #712
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What is concerning is I can't imagine Narcizo didn't notice that and chose not to say anything or mention it. That in itself is more suspicious to me than what appears to simply be a game mechanic.

I didn't mention it because I thought it was pretty obvious that that's what happened. If I was trying to disguise the fact for whatever reason it's unlikely that I'd bring up the question of wealth with regards to suing and even go as far as to provide a clear indication of what tier of wealth I currently am in.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #713
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ardent seems to be posting just to be posting.

Indeed. If we are to actually count relevant posts I think he'd be a long way down the list of posts in the thread rather than the second place he currently has.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #714
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you sure you didn;t buy yesterday, Day Two? I had Blake Fortunatus as my purchase.

This is the name of the other horse dealer that I did not purchase. So now the ball is in Hoops' court. Since there is some unexplained discrepency here.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #715
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I didn't mention it because I thought it was pretty obvious that that's what happened. If I was trying to disguise the fact for whatever reason it's unlikely that I'd bring up the question of wealth with regards to suing and even go as far as to provide a clear indication of what tier of wealth I currently am in.

Its werewolf, everything is suspicious and nothing is obvious.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #716
st.cronin
General Manager

Game note:

I am planning the following deadlines for the rest of the week.

Day III 9pm Eastern Time Wednesday
Day IV 9pm Eastern Time Thursday
Day V 9am Eastern Time Saturday
Day VI 9pm Eastern Time Sunday

The rationale here is three fold:

1. Fridays are usually pretty iffy days in terms of participation, especially around deadline.
2. I would like to fool around with my girlfriend on Friday night, and if I say "hang on while I go update my werewolf game," the mood will be hampered.
3. Mustang suggested he would have problems making a regular deadline on Friday, and I wanted to get him in.

If that schedule is a problem for you, pm me and I'll work something out.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 04-11-2007 at 05:56 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #717
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I sooo want to comment on the fool around part, but I don't want to be struck down by the Gods with a bolt of lightning.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:58 AM   #718
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I sooo want to comment on the fool around part, but I don't want to be struck down by the Gods with a bolt of lightning.

You are growing wise in your old age.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #719
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I *am* a lawyer.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #720
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I never claimed what date that I purchased the horse dealers. Although by deduction it should be pretty clear.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #721
hoopsguy
General Manager

I bid on Day 1 and lost (no PM). I bid on Day 2 and won. I'll be using it today.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #722
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

morning.

my personal life has been a mess guys, so I'm just not checking the thread every 2 minutes. i apologize, i'm not trying to play it UTR last night/this morning or anything
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #723
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 1 - bid on Fortunatas
Day 2 - bid on, and won the services of, Felix
Old 04-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #724
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm off and might well not be back at all for the rest of the day. I'll try to check back in later on though.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #725
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I think this is an excellent idea but I'd take it one step further. I would like everyone to state what service they bid on in day one even if they were unsuccessful. The reason for this is that I think it will give us a better idea of who's lying. (eg If a tier two Senator bid for the priest and wasn't accepted that means that the priest must have gone to a tier one or tier two senator).

I put a bid in for the priest day one.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #726
path12
Coordinator

Dola, didn't get it.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #727
path12
Coordinator

I did get Maximus Maximus last night. He may protect me, he may protect the consuls, he may protect the lawyers. The Tarquins may try and guess which, if they feel lucky.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #728
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I did get Maximus Maximus last night. He may protect me, he may protect the consuls, he may protect the lawyers. The Tarquins may try and guess which, if they feel lucky.

I know you will do the right thing.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #729
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay: i actually didn't bid on the sexy ladies. my personal life went to shit and i ended up with a bunch of stuff to do so i never got around to PMing cronin with a bid. hadta go pickup some furniture for my sister's new apartment

me as LEAST active? i'd be VERY suspicious of anyone who says this. It was me back on D1 who was hashing out this strategy with you two Alan and Hoops. The whole "using lawsuits to get some sort of clearance" thing. As well as...whatever the other idea that the other person had, I forget.

That's a damm meaningful contribution. But ya know what...arrest me and toss me off the rock if you want.

Just remember who is accusing me and what they're accusing me of. I was there on D1 trying to formulate strategies, looking for ways to "game the game" as it were to get us as much info as possible.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #730
path12
Coordinator

It's also time to sue a few folks. I haven't gone into the prior results in much detail, this is more a matter of my gut feel as to how these might work:

Pathus Twelvus sues Antus Meisterus
Pathus Twelvus sues Autumnus Leavus
Pathus Twelvus sues Tyrus Ithus
Pathus Twelvus sues Chiefus Rumus
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #731
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I never claimed what date that I purchased the horse dealers. Although by deduction it should be pretty clear.

Fair enough. I went back and reread and your posts seem to be purposefully misleading, but you are correct that you never said you won on day 1. Just gave the impression of it.

This seems like a really silly thing for a traitor to lie about and get caught, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that I didn't trap the great Hoopsguy in some lie about a horse. Plus its easy enough for someone to vouch for it tommorrow whether or not they receive a message from you.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #732
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
okay: i actually didn't bid on the sexy ladies. my personal life went to shit and i ended up with a bunch of stuff to do so i never got around to PMing cronin with a bid. hadta go pickup some furniture for my sister's new apartment

I don't understand this statement. Did you SAY that you had bid on the ladies?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #733
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
This seems like a really silly thing for a traitor to lie about and get caught.

That was my thinking on it as well. Doesn't make sense for him to lie about this, IMO.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #734
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DT's little diatrbe reminds me I haven't cast my vote on bullet.

For the same reasons as yesterday, villagers don't win without some pain, I'll go ahead and

Vote to execute Bullet

I don't have nearly the same good feeling about him as I did with CW which makes me even happier to cast my vote.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #735
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ohh i see how it goes, everyone wants to kill me! of course thats how the traitorous Tarqs want me to go, because i can buy services that will make it hard to assassinate me. I am loyal to the republic but it seems some of you have a thirst for my blood. at least someone can hire some horizontal refreshment from the sex dealer, jail is lonely

That....wasn't much of a defense.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #736
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

me as LEAST active? i'd be VERY suspicious of anyone who says this. It was me back on D1 who was hashing out this strategy with you two Alan and Hoops. The whole "using lawsuits to get some sort of clearance" thing. As well as...whatever the other idea that the other person had, I forget.

That's a damm meaningful contribution. But ya know what...arrest me and toss me off the rock if you want.

Just remember who is accusing me and what they're accusing me of. I was there on D1 trying to formulate strategies, looking for ways to "game the game" as it were to get us as much info as possible.

Actually on day 1 I was very nervous about how easily you went along with it, and then you became really quiet the rest of the game. Call me suspicious for thinking that if you will, but its how i feel about you. Prove me wrong today by contributing more
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #737
KWhit
Coordinator

Note:

I am open to suggestions on whom I should arrest today. Please let your voice be heard.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #738
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Note:

I am open to suggestions on whom I should arrest today. Please let your voice be heard.

I mentioned a few of the people I considered and didn't arrest yesterday mainly based on inactivity (DaddyTorgo, Lonestargirl, Imthecrew).

A few other names if you choose to not like the inactive route that I am wary of: Anxiety (still never answered the questions from yesterday that he avoided), and Tyrith (seemed to be the most "go with the flow" voter I can remember in recent history.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #739
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

He'll want to sue me into oblivion (which I find quite detrimental to the side of the Republic), but AE is still high on my suspect list.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #740
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bah! You're already being sued, or I'd sue you again!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #741
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
He'll want to sue me into oblivion (which I find quite detrimental to the side of the Republic), but AE is still high on my suspect list.

Why so?

I have noticed that he has posted about 1000 times without doing any meaningful analysis, but is there anything other than that?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #742
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kwhit, I really don't have a suggestion for you. Noone leaps out to me as suspicious at this point.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #743
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I mentioned a few of the people I considered and didn't arrest yesterday mainly based on inactivity (DaddyTorgo, Lonestargirl, Imthecrew).

A few other names if you choose to not like the inactive route that I am wary of: Anxiety (still never answered the questions from yesterday that he avoided), and Tyrith (seemed to be the most "go with the flow" voter I can remember in recent history.

I agree completely with you on LSG and ITC. Slightly less on DT at this point (just because he seems to have been slightly more active than the other two, not because I have a good feeling about him).

Not sure about Anxiety or Tyrith. I'll have to go back and reread some of their posts.

But thanks for the input. We need more of this kind of talk today than we had yesterday.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #744
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ask them again, like I said, I was out much of the day yesterday, and I didn;t see you re-asking them when I had some time and was available this morning, so if they are still important to you, bring them back up.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #745
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

KWhit I already mentioend what I found to be suspicious yesterday on Day Two - people who avoid the spotlight when it comes to being a consul.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #746
path12
Coordinator

As for arrests, I can't discount the idea of wolves hiding in the sheer numbers and as such would look at folks such as Imus Thecrewus, Ironsus Headus, Marcus Vaughnus and Antus Meisterus (though as it's his first game it might just be trying to get his feet under him, but of course we learned from Ironhead that you can't assume anything). I realize that I could be placed in the quiet list up to this point also, but as I get familiar with the mechanics I'm starting to get some ideas and should be more to my normal activity level (right in the middle).
Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #747
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Why so?

I have noticed that he has posted about 1000 times without doing any meaningful analysis, but is there anything other than that?

What I mentioned last night. I freely admit it's not much and there are several good alternate explanations, but it's something. Swaggs has the ability to, when hired, scan someone at the request of whoever hired him. Assuming Dodgerchick is on the level, AE had this ability to. If he was in fact, a traitor, he'd definately push for the death of Swaggs, both to move him up in the lawyer ranks AND remove a quasi-seer from play.

I will admit that it's entirely possible he wasn't informed about this ability, which makes the above totally moot, but it's a piece of remotely solid evidence on someone.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #748
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kwhit, something I'd like to add in regards to me:
I typically don't like to go back and search through posts as a villager. It's something I'll do as a bad guy, since I'm actually looking to see if I can catch someone with a misinterpretation of the truth, if you will.

I did a lot of lieing as Daredevil, if I'm not mistaken, and I was a villager then.

In fact, I think I've been a villager in every game since my return. However, I haven't lied at all in the games since Daredevil, and that's the truth. Truth is, I haven't had a role with a special action since then.

It's actually a fun way of playing. Kind of refreshing. I just post what's happened to me, and I think you'll see...IF you go back and look at my posts (and again, I probably wouldn't look myself) you'll see that as soon as I have info, I share it.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #749
Tyrith
College Starter

This is the most go with the flow I ever remember being in WW. Honestly, I'm almost completely clueless right now, I can't even really begin to formulate ideas as to who is what except that we need to crush the quiet people. But we don't even have voting records to speculate on so far, no real information, and I don't have a basis for flinging crap around and waiting for something to stick, yet.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #750
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I guess I have to tell my nanny that I'll be away for a few hours or else he'll think that I;m intentionally avoiding him or something. Nanny, I'll be away for a while. When I come back, if your very very good, you can ask me any three questions you want, and I'll answer each with total truthness.