Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #901
Autumn
Head Coach

OK, I've finally caught up. As I said last night, I am tending towards executing Bulletus unless he spoke up and at least offered a defense. I've seen two posts today, one useless, and one suggesting he has important information. I guess I'd lend my voice to the others saying, if you know something, spill it. If it's useful and believable I'd change my vote. But if you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is ...

VOTE EXECUTE BULLETUS SPONGEUS

As for arrest orders, I had really wished people would offer up some information from their services to guide us. It seems either the traitors have been getting the lion's share of the services, or we have a lot of people keeping their cards close to their vest. With no info coming from the lawsuits so far, and very little useful info from services, it seems the best bet is to continue persecuting the UTR senators.

There are a few who I have marked as suspicious in my mind, but I don't feel like we have much of anything to go by so far. The fact that it seems the services have been monopolized by the traitors suggest we look at the wealthier end of the spectrum, but I don't feel I have any strong suspects there. I won't bother listing my suspects, since I have nothing but a hunch, and I want to keep watching and see if their actions reinforce them.

I would support the consuls arresting some of the quieter folks. A quiet, wealthy Senator would seem the best bet. I don't think it hurts us to target the wealthy, since the scale is just relative. If they're traitors, best to get rid of them. If they're loyal, but can't show us they have been using the wealth wisely might as well give someone else a shot. We have a better chance of a loyal Senator moving up into that wealth position than a traitor just by numbers.

As for lawsuits, I'm unsure how to play this part of the game. It obviously behooves us to get wealth to loyal players, but we have only the beginning of inklings about who to trust. Each of us could do a lot of suits hoping to gain wealth ourselves, but that's just likely to look suspicious to others. I've yet to win a bid, so I'm tempted to try to raise in wealth but don't want to start infighting among the loyal Senators as we all compete for wealth and suspect each other. I will see how the day's lawsuits go and perhaps sue tomorrow.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #902
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ok finaly finished the 4 pages of reading. it seems my fate is sealed.

someone wanted to know what i did night 1. i did buy someones services and found out something that would make me very useful to the romans, being rich and outbidding anyone for that service every night.

hehe DT im pretty sure i told everyone that killing me would be a big mistake in that game. for a seer you should have seen that coming. ironically my role is is very similar in this game as that, but once again yall want to kill me.

Go ahead and kill the wealthiest roman, i wont be the one regreting it later in the game ( my ghost will be laughing).

Well that's not very helpful.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #903
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Sorry Schmidty. I'll adopt the convention from here out, and I'm editing my old posts.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I kept looking for your brightly colored posts, and couldn't find them. I'm too dumb and lazy to look at the actual names next to the posts, so I decided to mention something.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #904
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
BTW, boss isn't here right now.

Umm, I tried for the sex slave dude yesterday. I didn't get him. So someone else knows what they do now as well.

Wait, please clarify this for me Senator Ardentus. Here you claimed you bid on the sex service and lost. Which day exactly did you bid, and which days did you bid and win the bodyguard? The two seem to have happened at hte same time to me, but maybe I'm misunderstanding.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #905
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I kept looking for your brightly colored posts, and couldn't find them. I'm too dumb and lazy to look at the actual names next to the posts, so I decided to mention something.

I didn't take it that way. I forgot to color my posts when I started the game, and just never got around to starting.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #906
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Wait, please clarify this for me Senator Ardentus. Here you claimed you bid on the sex service and lost. Which day exactly did you bid, and which days did you bid and win the bodyguard? The two seem to have happened at hte same time to me, but maybe I'm misunderstanding.

First day bodyguard. Documented elsewhere. Won it.

Second day, yesterday, sex slave pimpus. Lost it.

I didn't announce that I was going for that, but I did announce that I lost it.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #907
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, that makes sense.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #908
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

whoa hold on, i didnt say i have a specific role. maybe i do, but anyways i wouldnt say what it is.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #909
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, I'll make it as simple as I can:
1. Are you a Roman?
2. What service did you purchase on Day 1?

The votes are stacked against you at this point in the game. I'm not sure if you care about that one way or the other, but if you are Roman and not Tarq then I care about that. And I would like to see us keep Romans from being lynched.

If you have information, and come clean, there is a pretty reasonable chance that some people would repeal votes on you and you live longer, get to spend money, and extend your place in the game. I would expect these factors to provide some level of interest given that you did sign up for the game ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #910
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
whoa hold on, i didnt say i have a specific role. maybe i do, but anyways i wouldnt say what it is.
Bullet, I'll be curious to talk about this with you after the game, because I really don't get how having information die with you is beneficial to the villagers, especially when an earlier reveal of that info might have meant you would live.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #911
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This assumes you are in fact a villager, of course.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #912
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
As for arrest orders, I had really wished people would offer up some information from their services to guide us. It seems either the traitors have been getting the lion's share of the services, or we have a lot of people keeping their cards close to their vest.

I mentioned I retained the services of one of the bodyguards. I don't feel it's helpful to mention where exactly he is today. I think it's much safer to reveal things such as that on future days so as to keep the bad guys guessing as much as possible.

Out until after deadline.....
Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #913
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok. I can't really stand the idea of executing a villager. This play is too consistent with his previous villager plays. I basically tipped my hand in 910 that I think he's innocent so I might as well follow my conscience.

Vote Bullet innocent
Old 04-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #914
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I mentioned I retained the services of one of the bodyguards. I don't feel it's helpful to mention where exactly he is today. I think it's much safer to reveal things such as that on future days so as to keep the bad guys guessing as much as possible.

Out until after deadline.....

I agree, I think it's best to keep current services under wraps. But I had hoped someone would have used a service that might have revealed some information that could be useful. It seems our ability to turn up evidence is moving much slower than the traitors' ability to kill.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #915
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1. Are you a Roman?

The votes are stacked against you at this point in the game. I'm not sure if you care about that one way or the other, but if you are Roman and not Tarq then I care about that. And I would like to see us keep Romans from being lynched.

If you have information, and come clean, there is a pretty reasonable chance that some people would repeal votes on you and you live longer, get to spend money, and extend your place in the game. I would expect these factors to provide some level of interest given that you did sign up for the game ...

1- Yes i am a Roman
2- i hired Titus Ludius
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #916
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
1. Are you a Roman?

I agree, I can't see any reason to withhold this information, other than it being simply a lie to cast doubt into peoiple's minds. Keeping a loyal Senator alive seems more important than anything that might be revealed to the traitors here, so I will assume that if Bulletus reveals nothing, we should execute him.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #917
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sigh.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #918
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm going to file a few lawsuits to see what I can learn and maybe not be so poor.

Grammaticus Atticus sues Mustangus Sallas

Grammaticus Atticus sues Marcus Vaughnus

Show me the money!
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #919
Ironhead
College Prospect

We are nearing deadline, so I will throw this out there again - I alluded to it in my post earlier today. Yesterday I bid on one of the people offering services and I won. The service I won gives me the ability to kill someone tonight.

So two people died yesterday - one "by sword" and the other "by poison". Poison is likely the wolves, and "by sword" is a service that someone won.

I bring this up now because if someone only dies by poison tonight it would confirm to me that the wolves need to win the services to kill two people in a night. I also want this information out in the open in case I die tonight. If my hunch is correct, then a wolf must have won the service on Day 1. I don't think a villager would randomly choose a target to kill yesterday - way too high a chance of killing a villager at this point.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #920
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, there were two people with that profession. Did Titus do the same thing that Ardent has suggested - act as a bodyguard? If so, did you have him guard you or send him elsewhere and why?

Ardent - I don't know if you ever named your Legion guy. Can we assume that it was not the one that Bullet is claiming here?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #921
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess I'll be the one to jump out and state the obvious here. There's what, an hour before the deadline? Bulletus, if you are a loyal Senator you don't have much time to get people to retract their votes. Perhaps you could just go ahead and elaborate on what you found out. So far what you've revealed doesn't impress me. You need to say something that we can corroborate. What you've done so far just sounds like a traitor saying just enough to make people wonder. What could you possibly have to reveal that would harm the Senate?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #922
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
We are nearing deadline, so I will throw this out there again - I alluded to it in my post earlier today. Yesterday I bid on one of the people offering services and I won. The service I won gives me the ability to kill someone tonight.

So two people died yesterday - one "by sword" and the other "by poison". Poison is likely the wolves, and "by sword" is a service that someone won.

I bring this up now because if someone only dies by poison tonight it would confirm to me that the wolves need to win the services to kill two people in a night. I also want this information out in the open in case I die tonight. If my hunch is correct, then a wolf must have won the service on Day 1. I don't think a villager would randomly choose a target to kill yesterday - way too high a chance of killing a villager at this point.

Not a bad assessment, although I have seen villagers use a PK on a hunch in other games. Especially when the use is one time and you won't have it the next day. It goes in line with you must lynch to win as a senator loyal to the Republic. Also, some people cannot refuse to use a power they wont have tomorrow.

I agree as it has been said by someone else, the poison appers to be a wolf kill and the sword a hired assassin.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #923
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Bullet, there were two people with that profession. Did Titus do the same thing that Ardent has suggested - act as a bodyguard? If so, did you have him guard you or send him elsewhere and why?

Ardent - I don't know if you ever named your Legion guy. Can we assume that it was not the one that Bullet is claiming here?
One second, let me go look the name up in the PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #924
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well I haven't voted yet, since I was waiting for bullet to make some kind of defense. I'm certainly not sure he's guilty, but nonetheless

vote to execute bulletsponge
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #925
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gallus Clarus. That's who I hired.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #926
hoopsguy
General Manager

Based on all the work I've done in trying to get Bullet to open up today, I'm laying my claim to some of his wealth if he lives. Consider it under grounds of present injustices.

HOOPUS GUYUS SUES BULLETUS SPONGEUS
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #927
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm not sure I understand Alans theory on using law suits to test people. Do we think the wolves will always lose or is it just going for the chance to expose one? If that is the case, then is it a good idea for everyone to sue each person every day?

I'm betting that would at least tell us the limit the court can handle
Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #928
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, did you complete a bid for Day 2? Not asking you to say what it was, just whether you competed for services and if you did in fact win something.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #929
Autumn
Head Coach

The fact that Bulletus named a specific name that turned out to have been different than Ardentus' suggests he's probably telling the truth out that bid (or that he and Ardentus are in league here). But without hearing something like what the service was used for it hasn't yet swayed me. What did you do with that service, Senator Bulletus Spongeus?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #930
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, did you get any kind of indication from your bodyguard that it could be used differently by the Tarqs than by the Romans?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #931
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I'm not sure I understand Alans theory on using law suits to test people. Do we think the wolves will always lose or is it just going for the chance to expose one? If that is the case, then is it a good idea for everyone to sue each person every day?

I'm betting that would at least tell us the limit the court can handle

I think the theory is just the off chance something will be exposed. So far we haven't seen any downfall of losing a suit other than going down in wealth, so it may make sense to have everyone sue everyone.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #932
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My guy was a specific legionaire. I don't know who bulletus hired.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #933
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Ardent, did you get any kind of indication from your bodyguard that it could be used differently by the Tarqs than by the Romans?
Too easy. All I was told is that I had to let Mr. Clarus know who to protect that night. If I didn't let him know, then he'd just assume to protect me.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #934
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll go check the PM now to verify.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #935
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is how I see the info of the last 30 minutes:

1. Bullet said he hired Titus Ludius (post #915)
2. Titus is an ex-legionnaire (post #4)
3. Ardent, who had hired an ex-legionnaire, and says it was Gallus Clarus (#925)
4. Ironhead says he has hired a role on Day 2 that has the ability to kill (post #919)

So, Bullet would have had to guess a role from Day 1 that is not contested, then guess the right name (50% shot), and not reveal a role that had a chance to launch the night kill?

VOTE FREE BULLETUS SPONGEUS
Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #936
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I pretty much hit it on the head. Nothing else in my PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #937
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 1 hires (incomplete)

Gallus Clarus
, ex-legionnaire, hired by Ardent
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire, hired by Bullet
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves, ???
Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood, ???
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed, ???
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses, hired by Alan
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses, hired by Anxiety

We now know what two of the roles do, with partial info on the other roles. We don't know who hired three of the roles.

Please post any corrections if I'm off with my recollection of anything related to this.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #938
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

1. Bullet said he hired Titus Ludius (post #915)
2. Titus is an ex-legionnaire (post #4)
3. Ardent, who had hired an ex-legionnaire, and says it was Gallus Clarus (#925)
4. Ironhead says he has hired a role on Day 2 that has the ability to kill (post #919)

So, Bullet would have had to guess a role from Day 1 that is not contested, then guess the right name (50% shot), and not reveal a role that had a chance to launch the night kill?

What does any of that have to do with whether he is a Tarquin or not?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #939
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

VOTE FREE BULLETUS SPONGEUS

Or Bulletus actually hired the legionnaire. That doesn't mean he used it to protect anybody though. He has yet to tell us how he used it.

That leaves me thinking, 1) Why not tell us who he protected? How could that cause a problem? 2) Why didn't he tell us all this in the beginning of the day before having all of these people vote to execute him?

He could be innocent, and just acting oddly. Or he could be a traitor who thought that waiting until the last hour would 1) convince a few people to change their votes before the deadline, 2) not leave enough time to have people come forward and cast doubt on his claims.

Until he gives us more information I'll keep my vote the same.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #940
Poli
FOFC Survivor

What I'm not getting is this: How could bullet hiring the Titus guy have a huge impact in the game? I mean, Titus is just a bodyguard, it's not like he was a seer.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #941
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Day 1 hires (incomplete)

Gallus Clarus
, ex-legionnaire, hired by Ardent
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire, hired by Bullet
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves, ???
Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood, ???
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed, ???
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses, hired by Alan
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses, hired by Anxiety

We now know what two of the roles do, with partial info on the other roles. We don't know who hired three of the roles.

Please post any corrections if I'm off with my recollection of anything related to this.

I think that Senator Ironus Headus hired the priest, correct?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #942
Ironhead
College Prospect

Hoops - I posted earlier today that I bid for the priest on day 1 and won his services for Day 2. I did not use his ability as it did not come into play.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #943
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
What I'm not getting is this: How could bullet hiring the Titus guy have a huge impact in the game? I mean, Titus is just a bodyguard, it's not like he was a seer.

That's my question exactly. Why all the mystery? Some clear answers would change my vote.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #944
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, it doesn't prove he is innocent. But it does suggest he is telling the truth.

I believe Bullet is more motivated to stay in the game with a role he enjoys - Doc Holliday in Tombstone is one example of this. For whatever reason, he is not inclined to help people who want to lynch him even if that means the game ends earlier for him.

If Bullet was a Tarq and had hired a role that allowed him to do a kill then he would have to speculate about claiming a role. Yet he selected one that had risk associated with it - he had to have the right name (50% shot) since AE had not revealed the name of his hire.

It doesn't clear him. But it creates enough doubt for me that I want to avoid jumping on the pile of votes already on him. And I'm getting my vote out rather than abstaining.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #945
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

interesting bullet. That definitely gives me pause, and it does seem consistent with your earlier play. I don't know that it'll make any difference at this point, but

VOTE FREE BULLETSPONGE (DON'T KILL BULLET)

I'm worried though. We REALLY need to get 2 arrests going on a daily basis so we can get some more insight into some types of voting patterns
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #946
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
Hoops - I posted earlier today that I bid for the priest on day 1 and won his services for Day 2. I did not use his ability as it did not come into play.

I would ask the wealthiest Roman's to strongly consider bids for this role every day it is available to prevent this from falling into Tarquinian hands. This seems like a very easy strategy for us to halve their kill rate. There may not be time for this tonight, but having discussion between the citizens among the wealthiest within the thread might be one way to make this happen more efficiently.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #947
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Will one of the Consuls please, pretty please, have Torgo arrested tonight.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #948
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
interesting bullet. That definitely gives me pause, and it does seem consistent with your earlier play. I don't know that it'll make any difference at this point, but

VOTE FREE BULLETSPONGE (DON'T KILL BULLET)

I'm worried though. We REALLY need to get 2 arrests going on a daily basis so we can get some more insight into some types of voting patterns

I don't have any experience playing WW with bullet to go by, so while these arguments make some sense, I can't pay them much heed.

It seems very likely that Bulletus actually hired the legionnaire that day, I agree that it would be a tough guess for him to make. But that doesn't tell us whether he's loyal or not. The fact that we had two deaths that day in fact is not in his favor. Since he has refused to tell us who he protected with that legionnaire, I have to assume 1) He didn't protect anyone, because he is a traitor, or 2) He is just being stubborn.

I don't see any reason to free a possible traitor because he wants to be stubborn. It seems likely to me that this plot is meant to do exactly what it is doing - convince a few people to back off at the last second and let him go free.

The fact that Bulletus has been so slow to cooperate today makes me suspect. It coudl be his personality, as y'all suggest above. But I'm not willing to take that bet.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #949
Lorena
Unregistered

Well shoot, there's no way I'm gonna catch up on 5 or 6 pages of posts so I'm just gonna sue and vote:

Dodgus Erickus sues Imus Thecrewus
Dodgus Erickus sues Lonestarus Girlus
Dodgus Erickus sues Ironsus Headus
Dodgus Erickus sues Tyrus Ithus
Dodgus Erickus sues Antus Meisterus

vote execute bullet

I don't know where the votes for/against bullet stand but we need info and the only way to get it is by voting someone off... if you're innocent, sorry buddy I thought we'd learn something off of the lawsuits but from what I have read, the only thing we know is that some become wealthier, that's it. Hopefully I can catch up by sometime tomorrow.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #950
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would ask the wealthiest Roman's to strongly consider bids for this role every day it is available to prevent this from falling into Tarquinian hands. This seems like a very easy strategy for us to halve their kill rate. There may not be time for this tonight, but having discussion between the citizens among the wealthiest within the thread might be one way to make this happen more efficiently.

I don't think the priest is the "by sword" killer. That makes little to no sense thematically. i think it's more likely that we're misreading (or of course that iron is a wolf and slipped up), and that he has won 2 bids.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote