Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2003, 06:53 PM   #51
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 11
We have a winner!!!!! Safety Marshall Chapman from Brea-Olinda HS in Brea, California is the 2002 Rudy Scholarship Award Winner!!! Chapman’s sparkling 1.80 GPA and 571 SAT score will surely make five years at Notre Dame a challenge! Welcome to the fold, my man. Make yourself at home! Your locker will be next to Brock's. Number 18. Huh? What did you say? Oh, I see. Look for a straight line and then a thing that looks like a snowman. You're welcome. You're perfect for us.

Elsewhere, we have no movement recruiting. Still waiting on all the rest. Sorry to the other Rudy candidates, Finch and Cooley, but you’ll need to look elsewhere for your education. Chop chop. There go those scholarship offers.

Game
Off week again. We do some two-a-days just to keep everyone fresh (and tired).

Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 06:54 PM   #52
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 12
Here they come! We get five more sheep. Welcome welcome. Three perfect zeros too! Oh, am I looking forward to next year. We are so close now. Just four more games to get through and the fun will begin. I know I can make it.

Game
Pregame
We have moved up to #10 in the ranks. This week 3-5 South Florida rolls into town. God, what a lame schedule. It’s like playing high school teams. They have no chance. Still, we donate some money to the Tidy Bowl Man, focus all our destructive energy, and press that “simulate” button. Ooga shucka ooga shucka…

The result
QB Goodwin: 19-29, 274 yards, 4 TD’s, 0 int’s. This was just the first half. Whose idea was this? “Switch a lineman to QB and go with the run and shoot.” Alf? What do you have to say for yourself now? But seriously, this just gets worse and worse. Notre Dame 55, South Florida 0. Ouch. Wolfe tromped for 111 yards. Our defense was unreal, allowing South Florida only 53 total yards on offense. Sigh. We really do have such a long way to go. The only nice thing about this is that when we do finally start to stink, we will play such a ragtag assembly of awful teams that if we manage to go winless we should have a lock on #125. But these teams stink. I suppose they will provide good role models.

Record 8-1. Rank 9.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:55 PM   #53
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 13
Whoa! Lots of email. We get some more rich talent for next year. And, we get three walkons looking for scholarships. Ha! I don’t think so. These guys have respectable ratings. I don’t want them messing up the system. Lastly, we get word that 7 players are in danger of failing a class. He he. Although this is our darkest hour, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And check this out! Still 57 players with a low grade in the D’s. Oh boy, this is gonna be fun next year. Maybe ten academic ineligibles? That would put a dent in things. And low and behold, Brock Gray continues to shine academically, with a low grade of a C! His mommy will be so proud.

We arrange for tutors for our freshmen, as we want them fit as a fiddle for next year, and get ready for this week’s game.

Game
Pregame
Oh, this should be a challenge. 1-9 Central Florida. At least it’s an away game so the faithful can’t see it all play out. We roll the dice again, but don’t hold your breath. We are 29-point favorites.

The result
The positives? Um. We tied the second half 7-7. This is a good thing. Um. Our backups aren’t good. This too is a good thing. Unfortunately, there was a first half and our starters are good. Final score: Notre Dame 48, Central Florida 7.

Record 9-1. Rank 6.

This is getting scary, people. We are now ranked #6 in the country, with one game left against #19 Boston College! With a win there, could we rise to #2 to play for the national championship? This would be a disastrous thing! For I am sure if we win it all we would be fired for a lesser year the following year. This is getting so very dangerous. We need a special prayer from all our fans this weekend. Go deface a Notre Dame jersey or watch the highlights of the Nebraska game over and over. Generate positive waves. Stick all your favorite good luck charms to you fridge. This team will need to reach down deep to find some way to lose this next game, and we will need help from all of you rooting for us at home. Repeat after me our new mantra: Lou Holtz, Lou Holtz, Lou Holtz…

We’ll be back sooner than you know it for the dramatic conclusion to the 2002 season! Oh, I can hardly bear the tension! I'll be tossing and turning all night long!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:55 PM   #54
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Alf:

I might try to switch an OL to be my new starting QB in Bordeaux...
Old 02-27-2003, 06:56 PM   #55
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by qTR Nevermore:

This is the single greatest dynasty thread ever. The only bad thing I saw in the Nebraska thrashing of the Golden Boys was the big hit they laid out on my Canadian boy (did you see him get spun around? Amazing)
Old 02-27-2003, 06:56 PM   #56
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Alf: You might give it a try. It sure worked wonders here!

Nevermore: Thanks for the compliment. I must have missed the hit, though. I saw the back end of the fourth quarter, when Nebraska was basically sitting on the ball.

Might be a slight delay before more reports. Not long though. Best guess for more action is Wednesday. Work stuff again.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:58 PM   #57
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Kekkonen:
I think I've located the main problem of your offense. Here it is:

Henson, Jumbo 80 WR Sr 66 66
Loendorf, Duane 1 WR Sr 83 83
Wilkerson, Perry 81 WR Jr* 35 73
Murray, Joey 88 WR So* 40 80
Linville, Ralph 86 WR Sr* 58 58
Roach, Dusty 8 WR Fr 2 12
Au, Nicky 84 WR* Sr* 55 55

In other words, you've got pretty damn unbelievable depth at WR. Even with 4 WRs starting (R&S takes 4, right?), you're not fielding anyone who's not rated 'good'. So, maybe the problem isn't the QB; some of these receivers seem to have magic sticky-fingered gloves which can glue all those lame ducks the ex-lineman is lobbing.

Unfortunately you'll have to contend with a few of these guys next season as well, which leads me to suggest that you then nix your best RB (you know, the guy who I wanted to snuff earlier) and go with a 3-yards-in-a-cloud-of-dust -type offense. (Even that could've been a disaster this season. That Wolfe guy is just insane.)

(BTW, if you haven't guessed yet, I'm enjoying this DR tremendously.)

Edit: On 2nd look, I'd definitely recommend something like the double wing (or whatever the formation is that has 2 TEs) next year. Right now, the only good TE you'll have next season should be really PO'd because of his playing time, and with any luck, you may get rid of him in the off-season. The RB position is still a little squeaky (there's a sophomore with monster potential), but in the FB spot, your future looks very very bright.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:58 PM   #58
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Kekkonen: Yeah, the receivers have definitely got to be one of the keys to our miserable loss total this year. But still how could anyone have known that the man mountain called Goodwin would get the ball to them like he has this year? The stats will be amazing at year-end for him. I wonder if either he or Wolfe will get into the Heisman voting. How embarassing!

I think you are right; taking a bit more time to consider offensive formations next year would most likely be a good thing. I am hopeful that our slew of horrible grades can help thin the sophomore and junior class talent pool a bit. There are some studs in there. Seems like they had a godly RB in each class when I started the game.

Thanks for the input, and glad you are enjoying the report. Feel free to comment more when we see the rosters at the beginning of next year, and let me know if you think of anything else. Besides formation, I want to look rethink the time management end of things too. Maybe reduced practice time would help accelerate the decline too.

Now if i can just get work stuff in from everyone else so I can finish up my end and get back to this more important task. I'm really curious to see what happens in the last two games! Wednesday is still looking good.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:59 PM   #59
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.

The horrible stuff that has happened in the past week and the continued talk of future violence wiped out the appeal of this thread. Taking joy in crushing a college program and trying to hurt players, even imaginary digital programs with imaginary digital players, just didn't seem either appropriate or funny this past week. Not only that, but I had no desire to play the game or have fun last week, especially play a game in which I was trying to destroy something. For some bizarre reason, the only way I can describe it to you is to say that I would have felt guilty.

Although I am sure that most everyone understand that the satirlcal tone I take towards Notre Dame and the reveling in player injuries is done simply as a warped attempt at entertainment and humor, I did want to let people know that I would never actually wish pain and suffering on people. Rereading my sentence "Let's have a cheer for humans in pain" gave me a nauseous, twisted feeling a couple of days ago, and didn't strike me as even remotely funny, let alone appropriate given the events in New York and elsewhere.

Please understand that I would not feel any joy at seeing a real Notre Dame player hurt, nor do I feel anything but shock and sadness at what happened last week on the east coast. I deeply hope that we will be able to justly resolve the issues now facing the world, and if possible resolve them without hurting innocent people, be they Afghani, American, or even avid Notre Dame fans (sorry, couldn't help it).

Having said that, I think most people understand all this, and I am starting to feel like it would be ok to start up this thread again and also starting to feel like it would be fun to continue on.

If you feel it would be best to hold off on continuing, or that it would be inappropriate to continue now, please let me know, either by posting here or by private message. If people would like me to continue and feel it's ok, I will most likely post something during or shortly before the weekend.

Thanks for understanding.

GB
Old 02-27-2003, 07:00 PM   #60
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Archer219:

Personally, I think it would be a good thing for you to continue. Everyday, I am glued to the TV set watching the 24 hour coverage on CNN, and I need a break, something to get my mind off of this. So, unless you wish not to continue, please don't stop.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 PM   #61
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Kodos:

Hey Godzilla Blitz: I had the exact same issues with my Bill Gates thread. I actually went back and changed a couple things that seemed distasteful after last week's events. I even changed my sig because it just seemed wrong. So I, for one, understand your reluctance to do this thread for the last week or so. I know I felt guilt pangs whenever I did anything besides watch the news last week; especially if it was supposed to be something fun. I almost felt like it was my duty to watch all of the horrible things on TV, and that to not watch the news would somehow be disrespectful to all those whose lives were taken or ruined by the attacks.

Having said that, I personally think that it would not be at all a bad thing if you started this dynasty up again. After last week, people need a reason to laugh once in a while. I enjoy this dynasty thoroughly, and I know many others do too. So go ahead and restart it when it feels right to you. I will be looking forward to it.

- Kodos
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 PM   #62
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by jerk3616:

I agree.

I never doubted that you didn't wish ill to any ND player or fan. I doubt that any of us do. Part of living in America is that aspect of sports that allows us to "hate" our rivals, but when it comes down to it, we know it's a game; electronic or otherwise. I went to the University of Idaho, and although I take every opportunity to stick it to a Boise State fan, it doesn't mean that I think that they are any lesser than myself (if that is correct grammatically). It's just fun.

We'll never be the same as Americans, but you got to start sometime. Pray for those in NY and Washington, and let's see how a WR does on the OL. It's just a game.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #63
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

I'll just add my voice to the choir: please do continue.

You can get your life back to (near-)normal again and still grieve for the ones lost in the attack, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Actually, doing just that is the first victory you (or rather, we) ever score against the terrorists.

I understand that this is easier said than done, and that it's especially hard to do in America. However, don't for a minute think that the rest of us were untouched by the bombings. The apartment I've lived in for 4.5 years now is only 3 blocks from a police station and 4 blocks from a fire station, and my current office is right next to a hospital, so I'm so used to the wailing of sirens that I usually don't pay any attention – you could even say that I've grown deaf to that sound. But ever since last Tuesday, I've heard every single one of them.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #64
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by digamma:

I'm a "long-time lurker, first-time poster" and I just came back to the board today for the first time in a few weeks.
Reading your dynasty report is the first time I've really laughed hard in over a week.
As stated above, I think it does help us get back to normalcy.
Please do continue.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:03 PM   #65
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Vaj:

Still eagerly awaiting the next installment...
Old 02-27-2003, 07:03 PM   #66
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Thanks to all who replied here and in private. I didn't get any private responses to the negative. So...

...it will continue! All I need to do now is "feel the funny", and I think it is coming soon. The past two weeks have been rough, but I went to a birthing education class with my wife tonight and we laughed the whole time, which was a first time we have chuckled so much in about two weeks.

So things are starting to feel good again. Stay tuned, it will return soon, although the real Notre Dame seems be doing a better job at losing than I am...
Old 02-27-2003, 07:04 PM   #67
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Talking

Let me assure you that nobody here expects you to put up as awful a record as the REAL Fightin' Irish!!! Just do the best you can!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:04 PM   #68
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by revrew:

Zilla, are you and your wife expecting?
Let us know when little zilla arrives.
As for me, I'm expecting a call to rush home for a baby delivery any minute. Those birthing classes are a hoot! especially the looks on the other dad's faces--somewhere between "I'm lost, I need a drink" and "What did I get myself into now?"
Old 02-27-2003, 07:05 PM   #69
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

I think the proper name would be Godzooky Blitz, if we are continuing the Godzilla theme. (May be spelled wrong). Congrats to both of you! Later you can have Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidrah, the three-headed monster. (Apparently, I watched too many Japanese monster movies as a child)

I am expecting to get a cat soon. Not that I'm commitment-phobic or anything...
Old 02-27-2003, 07:05 PM   #70
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Kodos: We are thinking about "Tatsu" (dragon) for a middle name. That should do, eh?

Revrew: Keep us posted! You nervous? We're not due for another couple of months.

Yeah, those classes are hilarious. Helpful too, of course, but funny in so many cultural ways. What was good humor last night was that the Packers were on Monday night football; we are in the Twin Cities so there are quite a few Packer fans around. The Packer fans were so obvious; they were squirming and fidgeting like farts in a lantern as the clock rolled towards kickoff. And of course if they even peeped a syllable about missing the game they would have been scratched to death by a dozen pregnant women. Needless to say, it was well worth the price of admission.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:06 PM   #71
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by jerk3616:

I have a 3 year old. Your talk of baby classes and awaiting the "call" brings back memories. Good luck to all of the expecting parents!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:07 PM   #72
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by revrew:

And of course if they even peeped a syllable about missing the game they would have been scratched to death by a dozen pregnant women. Needless to say, it was well worth the price of admission.

Zilla, I love you, man. You are hilarious!

Twin Cities, eh? Our first 3 babes were born in the Twins, 2 at St. Joseph's, 1 at United. We took our birthing classes at St. John's up in Maplewood.

Nervous? Actually, yes. This hasn't been an easy pregnancy. If there are no posts on this board from me for a whole week, it will be because babe has arrived. I'll keep y'all posted after I return to work.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:07 PM   #73
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Backflash:

Ok, now that we are going to start this up again (I'm glad, btw), I think I may have the reason behind Goodwin's amazing abilities.

Besides having quality receivers, you also picked an Offensive Coordinator who has an Excellent rating with QB's. So, he turned your OL into an average QB and your receivers turned your average QB into Warren Moon (this being the Run and Shoot).

BF
Old 02-27-2003, 07:08 PM   #74
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Backflash: Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, in retrospect, it looks like there have been quite a few silly decisions made this year. I started this thing when I knew little about TCY, and now that I've followed more on the FOF boards, I can see that there were a lot of stupid decisions made. But we should get a chance to wreak some havoc with our new knowledge next year! He he.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #75
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Well, it turns out the “back sooner than you know it” didn’t quite ring true, but at long last we have fired up the old TCY and resuscitated the hibernating Notre Dame squad. Let’s hope the long layoff will have them a little creaky as we head into this week’s critical matchup against #19 Boston College. As you may or may not have remembered, when we last left our heroes, they had romped to an embarrassing 9-1 record behind the arm of QB Wendell Goodwin (194-319, 2,859 yards, 30 TD’s, 16 ints), the ex-defensive end who foiled our season’s plans by metamorphisizing into the next Duante Culpepper. His throwing, and the crushing offense of senior halfback Lonnie Wolfe (166 carries, 1179 yards, 7.1 avg., 46 catches, 18 total TD’s) have carried us on an 8-game winning streak and pulled us to a #6 ranking as we head into the last regular game of the season. Let’s pick up the action there…
Old 02-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #76
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 14
We get acceptance notices from three more recruits and turn down a scholarship request, but these are mere distractions right now. Our team’s energy is focused on the big game. We spend all week practicing how to fumble, I accidently flush all the stickum down the toilet, and I have the trainer order all the team underwear to remain unwashed. We'll need all the crusty edges we can get...

The Game
This is it. 8-2 Boston College in Boston. They are ranked #19. Finally a respectable opponent. Let’s hope we can rise to the occasion and lose…

The Result
Early in the game hope toyed with us. Up 3-0, QB Goodwin goes down for the rest of the season with a herniated disk! Oh joy! But fickle fate foiled us again, as backup sophomore QB Marty Briggs comes on, goes bonkers, and throws four TD passes—three of them to WR Loendorf. RB Wolfe managed to amass only 77 on the ground, but Briggs arm was too much for BC to handle. By the time the dust cleared at the end of the first half, we led 31-0 and the game was effectively over. Final score Notre Dame 41, Boston College 13. Sigh. It is simply not our year.

But…

We get somewhat of a break thanks to the gods of college football rankings! Despite crushing #19 BC, we actually lose ground in the rankings! Yahoo! We are now ranked #7! At least we will avoid the ignominy of winning the national championship. Perhaps the fates do shine on us?

Record 10-1. Rank #7

Back with more tomorrow! From now on, I am going to try to do this in frequent, little chunks. Just like poop, eh?

See you tomorrow, when Notre Dame goes to its second consecutive bowl game, we introduce the recruiting class of 2002, and Marmel's Yankees get eliminated! It should be a promising day! Sleep tight!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:10 PM   #77
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Narrator: Like a little white laboratory rat pulling on a lever for a pellet that had stopped coming long ago, Kodos checked the Dynasty Reports page to see if there were any updates, knowing in his heart of hearts that there would be no glad tidings of the Golden Helmets and their noble mission.

What's this?

Kodos rubbed his eyes and looked away, then looked back, and rubbed his eyes again.

"He's back!" gasped Kodos. "SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS, HE'S BACK!! GODZILLA BLITZ IS BACK!!!"

And with that, Kodos ran down the street with tears streaming from his eyes, all the while grabbing and hugging unsuspecting & bewildered passers-by and yelling "HE'S BACK! HE'S BACK!!!! HE'S FINALLY COME BACK!!!"

It was true, of course. Godzilla Blitz had finally awakened from his long and fitful slumber. He was back. And with his return, the sun shined just a little bit brighter, the world seemed just a little bit warmer, and the recent weeks' coldness lost just a little bit of its bite. In these times, this was a welcomed happening indeed.

Glad to see you back, Godzilla. It's been too long.

Kodos
Old 02-27-2003, 07:11 PM   #78
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Kodos: You are too funny! Thanks! Yes, it has been a long time, hasn't it? I can tell too. I am rusty like nail. I think it's gonna take a few days to get back into the swing of things. But here is a little more, anyway...
Old 02-27-2003, 07:12 PM   #79
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week #15
Yes! We draw #24 Syracuse (7-4) in a repeat appearance in the Independence Bowl! Just a minor bowl appearance! I would think we would have gotten a better bowl game, but oh, well, I don’t think I’ll be filing a complaint. He he.

Other than that, this week is quiet. We practice face painting for the bowl game.

Recruiting
Our recruiting class fills up with the addition of our third perfect zero-rated guard and a two-rated FB. We’ll unveil the complete class after next week’s game.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:12 PM   #80
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week #16
The Independence Bowl
With Goodwin out, Sophomore QB Briggs will get the nod. This guy is a definite candidate for a position change next year: high talent, lots of years left. The good news though is that right behind him in the depth chart is QB Barnes, one of those idolaters that we had to take last year. He’s weak overall, and it is nice to see some of our pickups start to infiltrate the team. Anyway, enough. On to the game…

The Result
Oh, where to start? How about the good stuff first? On the first play from scrimmage, Syracuse rumbled for 80 yards and a 7-0 lead. Unfortunately this was the only good news, as the rest of the day belonged to our evil stars. QB Briggs (22-34, 383 yards, 4 TD’s, 0 ints) showed what a real QB would have done with this team, as he lit up Syracuse on pass after pass. QR Loendork caught everything thrown his way and took two of them to the house. RB Wolfe was his usual self; he rushed for 107 yards and added two TD’s to his ridiculous total. The score, you ask? Notre Dame 51, Syracuse 10.

Record 11-1, Rank #6
Old 02-27-2003, 07:13 PM   #81
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 17
Well, the campus is quiet after such a tragic victory last week. But I think it is safe to say that we have turned the corner. I know, I know, you fans at home are wondering how I can say that when Notre Dame sits at #6, with a 10-game winning streak composed of crushing victory after crushing victory. But trust me, this is the low mark. From here on, I can see only good things for our adventure. And it starts with this week's report cards, where we have 9 players in deep academic doo doo! See, don’t you feel better already? Chop chop chop goes the roster. Combine that with graduation, a new crop of talent, and some new strategies for dismembering our on-field play, and I think that I can safely say the dark days are going to end soon. So wipe that glum face off, put on your smiley stickers, and hum a happy mantra! From here on out it only gets better. Hup hup away, jump on those band wagons before they fill up! First class seats are limited!

Recruiting
And, see, there is even more good news! Here, ladies and gentlemen, are the esteemed members of Notre Dame’s incoming class. Athough this year was a debacle, I think I can safely say that these fine men will never see the lofty national rank of #6. You may notice that this class does have brains though. This is in line with our new “do a good job with everything else except onfield performance” strategy. Otherwise known as “I’m scared I am going to get canned if we suck at everything” strategy.

And we’ll end today on this happy note. See you tomorrow for year-end stats, the awarding of the 2002 Darkside Award and 2002 Most Valuable Loser Award, and our year-end report card! Go Irish!

Notre Dame 2002 Recruiting List, Worksheet View

Player Pos ST Visit Cost Dist. Fit Score
##Cobb, Walt QB MI 284 153 80
##Brady, Rod QB IN 239 17 94
##Weisz, T.J. RB MI 292 176 81
##Fisk, Blaine FB PA 427 602 80
##Machado, Albert TE CO 724 987 78
##Riley, Danny WR IN 245 33 99
##Ingram, Levon G NV 1098 1770 96
##Garrison, Leland G OR 1142 1878 89
##Nelson, Bill G FL 728 927 78
##Phillips, Artie T MI 289 167 81
##Torres, Neil P MI 290 170 70
##Huffman, Jack K CA 1221 1793 71
##Baker, Trevor DE CA 1199 1953 80
##Osborne, Richie DT FL 782 762 93
##Wolf, Chad CB AZ 975 1484 72
##Chapman, Marshall S CA 1211 1816 85 $$
$$ Rudy Scholarship Winner!

Player Scout Phone Visit Emphasis Status
##Cobb, Walt 1+ 2 3 Acad/Dist Committed *
##Brady, Rod 14+ 1 1 Dist*/Prest Committed *
##Weisz, T.J. 1+ 11 3 Dist/Prest Committed *
##Fisk, Blaine 2+ 9 3 Acad*/Prest Committed *
##Machado, Albert 1+ 2 3 Prest/Dist Committed *
##Riley, Danny 29+ 3 1 Prest*/Dist Committed *
##Ingram, Levon 0+ 5 5 Prest/Acad Committed *
##Garrison, Leland 0+ 4 2 Acad*/Prest Committed *
##Nelson, Bill 0+ 3 2 Prest/Acad Committed *
##Phillips, Artie 0+ 3 2 Acad/Dist Committed *
##Torres, Neil 0+ 10 2 (Dist)/Acad Committed *
##Huffman, Jack 0+ 8 3 Acad/Prest Committed *
##Baker, Trevor 0+ 3 3 Prest/Acad Committed *
##Osborne, Richie 1+ 4 2 Acad/Prest Committed *
##Wolf, Chad 0+ 12 5 Dist/Acad Committed *
##Chapman, Marshall 15+ 11 8 Dist*/Prest Committed *

Recruiting List, Academic View

Player Pos HT WT ST NRank GPA Test
##Cobb, Walt QB 6-4 202 MI --- 3.37 1362
##Brady, Rod QB 6-0 181 IN --- 2.89 1045
##Weisz, T.J. RB 5-9 175 MI --- 3.57 1063
##Fisk, Blaine FB 6-1 244 PA --- 4.00 1571
##Machado, Albert TE 6-3 227 CO --- 3.59 1319
##Riley, Danny WR 5-11 177 IN --- 2.63 792
##Nelson, Bill G 6-4 260 FL --- 3.87 1362
##Garrison, Leland G 6-5 292 OR --- 3.60 1163
##Ingram, Levon G 6-6 283 NV --- 3.53 1300
##Phillips, Artie T 6-8 303 MI --- 3.27 1117
##Torres, Neil P 6-1 179 MI --- 3.60 1414
##Huffman, Jack K 5-11 177 CA --- 3.64 1482
##Baker, Trevor DE 6-4 234 CA --- 3.90 1296
##Osborne, Richie DT 6-4 262 FL --- 3.22 1257
##Wolf, Chad CB 5-9 169 AZ --- 3.89 1447
##Chapman, Marshall S 6-4 194 CA --- 1.80 571

Last edited by Co-D'ohs : 02-27-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:14 PM   #82
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Hopefully your unfortunate and unwanted success on the field this year will make them hesitate to fire you in the future when the team starts to show its true colors... Sounds good in theory, at least.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:14 PM   #83
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Yee-haw! Welcome back, Coach Blitz
Old 02-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #84
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Kodos: I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but apparently Jim has designed the game so that it quickly fires coaches who have a small dip in their success after a year in which they did extremely well. Since the game apparently views the overall score when doing this, I think the best strategy to follow will be one where I try to make everything else as good as possible to offset the drop in score from losing a number of games in a season.

Kekkonen: Thank you sir!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:16 PM   #85
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Final Weeks
Oh no! In the final bowl weeks, enough of the upper teams lost that Notre Dame has done the unthinkable! We rose four spots to finish the season at #2 in the nation! Oh my goodness! This is terrible! This really makes it likely that the TCY “have one bad year after a great one and get fired Jim Gindin view of reality” thingie will clobber us if we lose a lot of games. Unless we can do something to mitigate losing a lot of games, we will surely get fired if we have a lousy year. Damn it to all hell. I think we are screwed now. Sigh. We will continue but this is just horrible news. Hope seems faint. The Notre Dame campus has gone glum. All is despair. We have some tricks left up our sleeve, but will they be enough?

Florida State beat Texas 48-21 to win consecutive national titles.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:16 PM   #86
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Awards
RB Wolfe finished 8th in the Heisman voting! Yikes! But let’s get on to the important awards…

2002 Darkside Award
Given to the player who least helps our cause of achieving the coveted #125.
This year’s contest was basically between two players: QB Goodwin (2900 yards, 30 TD’s) and RB Wolfe (1363 yards rushing, 15 TD’s on the ground, 52 catches, 5 TD’s through the air). Although Goodwin was a huge disappointment at QB, I have realized that it was mainly the strength of the receiving corps and the offensive force that was known as the Wolfe that made Goodwin so effective. Game after game, Wolfe churned out first down after first down. If someone stopped him on the ground, Wolfe did it with a pass. He was the main force behind so many of our ugly wins, and if we get fired for a bad year, it would not be an exaggeration to say that Wolfe single-handedly brought down our aspirations. It is therefore to my great displeasure that I award RB Lonnie Wolfe with the 2002 Darkside Award. Now get the hell out of Notre Dame, Lonnie. You’ve done enough damage to our program.

2002 Most Valuable Loser Award
Given to the starter that most helps us lose games
How to assign an award in this category when we only lost 1 game all year? Still, one man stands out as a hero, albeit an unsung one. Sophomore DT Mickey Unger started all 12 games at DT and managed a grand total of 4 tackles. He did pressure the QB a bit, but otherwise Mickey was able to allow most everyone that came his way to proceed into the backfield. For this remarkable effort on defense, we present Mick with the 2002 MVL Award. Congrats, Mickey! We need a lot more like you. Don’t forget to pick up your free fries at the local McDonalds.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:17 PM   #87
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Final Stats
Enjoy…

2002 Summary for Notre Dame

Record: 11-1

Notre Dame Team Rank
Rushes 416 51 (T)
Rushing Yards 1967 26
Yards Per Carry 4.72 9
Pass Attempts 450 8
Completions 281 7
Passing Yards 4207 3
Yards Per Attempt 9.34 6 (T)
3rd Down Conversions 46.0 5
Points Per Game 46.7 1
Turnovers 29 106 (T)
Turnover Margin -3 73 (T)

Opponents Team Rank
Rushes 327 2
Rushing Yards 729 3
Yards Per Carry 2.22 6
Pass Attempts 385 122
Completions 173 46 (T)
Passing Yards 1561 2
Yards Per Attempt 4.05 1
3rd Down Conversions 24.8 5
Points Per Game 11.2 3

Primary Formation: Run and Shoot Formation

Week Team Versus Oppnt
1 62 BRIG (46) 21
2 17 at PURD (42) 27
3 49 LALF (106) 3
4 45 MICH (41) 24
5 37 at UTST (90) 3
7 59 at TYST (89) 14
8 59 CONN (94) 7
9 38 NAVY (101) 3
12 55 SFLA (105) 0
13 48 at CFLA (125) 7
14 41 at BOST (31) 16
16 51 vs SYRA (30) 10

Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int
97 Goodwin QB 324 198 2900 8.95 30 16
15 Briggs QB 82 53 915 11.15 11 1
10 Barnes QB 44 30 392 8.90 3 4
Team --- 450 281 4207 9.34 44 21

Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst
32 Wolfe RB 212 1363 6.42 15 35 39
40 Hedrick RB 111 510 4.59 4 26 37
97 Goodwin QB 29 -56 -1.93 0 22 100
Team --- 416 1967 4.72 21 106 254

Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD
86 Linville WR 103 61 910 14.9 342 6
1 Loendorf WR 82 46 845 18.3 419 16
84 Au WR 71 47 767 16.3 371 12
32 Wolfe RB 70 52 797 15.3 576 5
88 Murray WR 33 19 307 16.1 104 2
40 Hedrick RB 27 18 156 8.6 170 0
80 Henson WR 27 14 189 13.5 39 1
85 Keck TE 17 10 86 8.6 55 0
Team --- 450 281 4207 14.9 2170 44

Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn
25 Barker CB 56 13 0.0 5 2 8
36 Lester S 42 21 0.0 9 3 13
91 Jamison OLB 36 11 0.0 11 0 3
31 McWilliams CB 35 11 0.0 6 2 3
29 Pauley CB 33 15 1.0 5 2 8
96 Lowe DE 31 11 17.5 21 0 0
50 Wallace ILB 31 13 0.0 6 0 2
75 Coles DE 28 6 3.0 9 0 0
55 Lockwood ILB 27 12 1.0 7 0 6
93 Woodard ILB 26 16 0.0 4 1 4
95 Meadows DE 25 9 14.0 19 0 0
94 Mackie OLB 20 5 2.0 5 0 2
44 McAninch CB 20 7 2.5 6 4 3
47 Devoe OLB 19 5 0.5 3 0 3
23 Gordon S 16 5 0.0 1 1 3
Team --- 591 185 53.0 144 19 60
Old 02-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #88
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

2002 Final Reportcard

Team Performance: 97
Academic Performance: 44
Recruiting Performance: 0
Television Income: 33
Alumni Donations: 88
Attendance: 96
FINAL GRADE: 75

Ok, maybe there is hope. Maybe I can could balance a horrible year on the field with great academic performance? Maybe I could jack up recruiting a bit to help there as well? Oh, I just don’t know. But damn, look at that onfield performance! 97! How could that happen? What kind of a moron am I?

Well, thanks for tuning in today. We’ll be back tomorrow with the start of Poop On The Golden Helmets (Year 3). We’ll update you on our new and improved strategy, introduce the 2003 team, set up our schedule, and fiddle with our staff. Team staff that is. See you then! Go Irish!

Last edited by Co-D'ohs : 02-28-2003 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:30 PM   #89
Get A Life v2.0 FINAL

I remember this dynasty. Funny as hell. But you might have wanted to slow down there. So many posts in a row could pop a blood vessel.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #90
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bumping one of the all-time great dynasty threads.

Part III

Last edited by Kodos : 10-03-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote