Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2020, 08:27 AM   #351
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So the prize pool is guaranteed 3 million dollars. Entry fee is $3 per lineup, so there is a total of 1,190,476 max entries. Reason it isn't an even million is the site keeps the rest, called the rake.

Anything under 1 million total entries and there are less total entries meaning free money.

Currently there are about 132,000 entries, that will go up a lot in the next day and a half, but lets say it only goes up to 700,000. That means there would be 2.1 million dollars in entry fees, but a 3 million dollar prize pool, resulting in 900,000 of free money since you are only competing against 700K lineups and not 1.2 million.

The top 300K get paid, min is $5 on a $3 entry, so if about 55% of your lineups cash you can make a decent profit.

Ok this makes sense. The first post was confusing cause you left out that there were only 132k entries. I had googled the terminology and was super confused.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:43 PM   #352
Jas_lov
College Starter

Juan Soto tests positive for covid 19. I wonder what happens if he infected others and half a team has to miss a week or two. Do they just not play?
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #353
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This is what I don't understand about any sports that are starting up. Granted, NBA/NHL would seem to be more protected, but entire baseball teams are in close contact with each other (not to mention the opposite team - baserunners, catchers, IF, etc.). How are they determining who has to be quarantined? Basketball/football are all over each other on every play.

Players are going to get it, but I don't understand how they can realistically (and honestly) segregate contacts from the rest of the league without turning games into a farce. Unless the idea is that they're going to treat quarantining the way the NFL treats concussions, with a "wink wink nod nod, you're good to go."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #354
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is what I don't understand about any sports that are starting up. Granted, NBA/NHL would seem to be more protected, but entire baseball teams are in close contact with each other (not to mention the opposite team - baserunners, catchers, IF, etc.). How are they determining who has to be quarantined? Basketball/football are all over each other on every play.

Generally speaking minimal close contact outside has pretty low chance of spreading the virus. Europe has been playing soccer for weeks (months?) now without outbreaks. MLS aside from right at the beginning, before they played a match, hasn't had another covid case (they sent two teams home that had covid outbreaks within their team lockdowns).
Old 07-23-2020, 02:29 PM   #355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Juan Soto tests positive for covid 19. I wonder what happens if he infected others and half a team has to miss a week or two. Do they just not play?

They announced through contact tracing they could confirm no one else was infected.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #356
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Generally speaking minimal close contact outside has pretty low chance of spreading the virus. Europe has been playing soccer for weeks (months?) now without outbreaks. MLS aside from right at the beginning, before they played a match, hasn't had another covid case (they sent two teams home that had covid outbreaks within their team lockdowns).

So they aren't going to test except in rare circumstances even their own teammates, or this presumes tests would happen immediately and results would be available within hours? I mean, with baseball, they're playing every day. A 3-day turn-around means your lineup looks awfully different for a couple of days.

An outbreak in a tournament is different than an outbreak in a 60-game regular season. They just going to send the White Sox home for 2 weeks if a couple guys test positive and scrap those games?

I guess we'll see how this plays out.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-23-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #357
molson
General Manager

He's been around the team and on the field, maskless.

But I think the indoor team activities are being strictly regulated. (I know the Red Sox are doing 2 to a locker room, converting the luxury boxes for that purpose). So hopefully being outside prevented the spread.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Once these leagues decided to make the investment to return they aren't going back no matter what. They will field all AAA guys if they have to.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #359
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Once these leagues decided to make the investment to return they aren't going back no matter what. They will field all AAA guys if they have to.

Royals doing their part to help the sport by fielding a team full of AAA guys just to start the season.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:24 PM   #360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

As I predicted crazy overlay, almost 300K in tonights tournament which bodes well for tomorrows.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #361
miami_fan
Coordinator

Angel Hernandez has been an umpire for 27 years AND he is an interim crew chief?!

Bring on the robot umps.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:47 PM   #362
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
As I predicted crazy overlay, almost 300K in tonights tournament which bodes well for tomorrows.

The draft kings offer that guarantees your money back for last place didn’t fill up tonight. Entry fee was only 3 with max 3 entries. Had 95k out of 118k max.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #363
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Angel Hernandez has been an umpire for 27 years AND he is an interim crew chief?!

Bring on the robot umps.

He actually has a pending lawsuit regarding it.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #364
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
The draft kings offer that guarantees your money back for last place didn’t fill up tonight. Entry fee was only 3 with max 3 entries. Had 95k out of 118k max.

yeah, the sites are just trying to drum up interest. Fanduel also had a nice deposit bonus I took advantage of.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #365
molson
General Manager

The baseball blooper video is a lost art. Can't remember the last time I saw a new one. When I've been to Fenway Park in the last few years, they play one between innings that still has footage from the 80s
Old 07-23-2020, 07:59 PM   #366
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

A rain delay on Opening Day - how fitting for 2020.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-23-2020 at 07:59 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:33 PM   #367
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

ESPN missed the first pitch of the season in the Giants - Dodgers game. By the time they started their broadcast, there was a runner on first by an error.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:12 AM   #368
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

"Juuuussst a Bit Outside!"

Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:37 AM   #369
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
So the prize pool is guaranteed 3 million dollars. Entry fee is $3 per lineup, so there is a total of 1,190,476 max entries. Reason it isn't an even million is the site keeps the rest, called the rake.

Anything under 1 million total entries and there are less total entries meaning free money.

Currently there are about 132,000 entries, that will go up a lot in the next day and a half, but lets say it only goes up to 700,000. That means there would be 2.1 million dollars in entry fees, but a 3 million dollar prize pool, resulting in 900,000 of free money since you are only competing against 700K lineups and not 1.2 million.

The top 300K get paid, min is $5 on a $3 entry, so if about 55% of your lineups cash you can make a decent profit.

Interesting, thanks for the explanation!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #370
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Interesting, thanks for the explanation!

No problem. They are still almost a million entries short.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:08 PM   #371
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just to put a bow on this that DFS tournament fell 600,000 entries short, so 1.8 million in free money.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #372
henry296
College Starter

I threw 5 entries in. Let’s see how I do.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:53 PM   #373
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I threw 5 entries in. Let’s see how I do.

good luck!
Old 07-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #374
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'll be honest, I miss when baseball stadiums didn't have advertising on every inch of available space.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:18 PM   #375
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Matt Vasgersian and Alex Rodriguez are a goddamn abomination. It's hard to fully put into words how truly and completely awful they are. Absolute garbage.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:18 PM   #376
molson
General Manager

Chris Davis already in midseason form. That's normalcy is comforting.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:06 AM   #377
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Matt Vasgersian and Alex Rodriguez are a goddamn abomination. It's hard to fully put into words how truly and completely awful they are. Absolute garbage.

I'm hoping A-Roid becomes the owner of the Mets so that I can watch baseball on ESPN again.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:43 PM   #378
miami_fan
Coordinator

Yeah, I think the hate for fake crowd noise is an absolute for me.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-26-2020, 09:52 AM   #379
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I don’t mind the fake crowd noise but who in the hell thought an unreal engine developed fake crowd was a good idea?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #380
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I don’t mind the fake crowd noise but who in the hell thought an unreal engine developed fake crowd was a good idea?

So true. It's fun to make fun of from time to time, but as an actual aesthetic for the game, it's not a good idea or enjoyable.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:32 AM   #381
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #382
JPhillips
General Manager

The Reds confirmed Matt Davidson COVID positive a couple of days ago and today Moustakas is out because he, "isn't feeling well," and Senzel was a late scratch.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #383
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Looks like Verlander is out for the season with an elbow injury.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #384
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Verlander said maybe not rest of season.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:57 AM   #385
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Daniel Bard coming back from the yips is a great story.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #386
bob
College Starter

I assume if the running on 2nd in extra innings scores, that is an unearned run, right?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:22 AM   #387
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Marlins are #1 once again. First to force a game to be cancelled.

The Marlins' home opener against the Baltimore Orioles tonight has been canceled, sources tell ESPN, as the team remains in Philadelphia and continues to undergo testing.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #388
Ksyrup

Every guy who goes on the IL with an undisclosed injury/illness has to be a possible positive test. This was so predictable. Hopefully none of the Phillies got it. But all you need is 4-6 teams to get some spread and it's over.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-27-2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #389
BYU 14
Coordinator

So 12 players and 2 coaches and this is what worries my about the High School Football season in Arizona not being pushed back further. The state is not close to CDC guidelines but the AIA buckled to influential big schools and workouts resume today with practice set to start 8/17 for first games on 9/11. It could be a mess here.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #390
Ksyrup

And Phillies/Yankees now postponed.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:44 AM   #391
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
So 12 players and 2 coaches and this is what worries my about the High School Football season in Arizona not being pushed back further. The state is not close to CDC guidelines but the AIA buckled to influential big schools and workouts resume today with practice set to start 8/17 for first games on 9/11. It could be a mess here.

30-something people were infected at a KY high school just from workouts. And the spread was from players to coaches to family, ended up around 35-40, I think.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #392
Ksyrup

Reds appear to be next. One player confirmed positive, Moustakas and Senzel sick.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:01 AM   #393
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

This season looks like it'll be fucked within a week.. yikes!
Old 07-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #394
Jas_lov
College Starter

This was so predictable. Wouldn't be surprised if they called the season by the end of the week.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:12 AM   #395
bronconick
College Starter

MLB being unable to last a week is going to be what finally makes College Presidents Nope right out of college football for fall.

Last edited by bronconick : 07-27-2020 at 10:12 AM.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #396
Ksyrup

Agreed. NFL/CFB has to be pissed with MLB if this flops as badly as it appears it is going to.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:18 AM   #397
Ksyrup

Is there a mid-season opt-out rule?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #398
Ksyrup

HA!

Old 07-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #399
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed. NFL/CFB has to be pissed with MLB if this flops as badly as it appears it is going to.

Or rather, for CFB, maybe they are breathing a sigh of relief as MLB has provided them with a reason to cancel with far less rage.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #400
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
HA!

That is a good one there.