Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Appliance Free Delivery?

A lot of post-holiday deals going on, but I'm wondering if anyplace has free delivery/installation for a over-the-range microwave? Mine crapped out...

Home Depot I thought did this...but sure enough when you add the item to the cart, there's a hefty charge to delivery/install.

Anyone have any leads?!

Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
A lot of post-holiday deals going on, but I'm wondering if anyplace has free delivery/installation for a over-the-range microwave? Mine crapped out...

Home Depot I thought did this...but sure enough when you add the item to the cart, there's a hefty charge to delivery/install.

Anyone have any leads?!

Because it's over-the-range I dunno. Lowe's explicitly states that's not "major" enough. I imagine it's the same with Home Depot as you said...it doesn't qualify as "major."

Maybe Sears?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
miked
College Starter

Nobody will offer free installation, just delivery. Do not pay Lowes to install anything, they are a rip off and mostly hire doofuses (I just installed my own oven yesterday with help from a buddy). Took us an hour or two total, Lowe's wanted to charge us $150 basic + 3 mystery cuts that "needed" to be made for it to fit at $50 a cut. We didn't need any cuts and in fact had to shim a little underneath. That's the 2nd time they've come here and tried to rip us off.

If anything, just look for free delivery from Lowe's or Sears, and hire a handyman for 1/3 the price.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

If you're slightly handy / have some tools, you should be able to do it, it's really pretty simple. You will need a 2nd person though to help hold stuff. I used to work for an appliance place and would go help on service calls / installations.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then like someone else said find a handy man looking for side cash.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

I agree with Doug. We installed one in our house this year. Had a bit of help from a friend to relocate the electric to the cabinet, but once that was up it was a matter of mounting the hanging bracket, then hanging the microwave and securing it to the cabinet above. If you already have one there, it shouldn't be that hard to remove. You should be able to find the manual online.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I bought all four major kitchen appliances during the Home Depot Black Friday sale. The only one I have running so far is the fridge... but then my kitchen currently is this:

To install the microwave, I have to rewire, cut back the exhaust vent & install a new piece to cover above it & match whatever cabinets I install... That's a few weeks away yet.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

These are relatively small boxes, unless you drive a convertible you should be able to get the microhood home. If you stick with the same brand and venting type, installation should be easy. Handyman would be the way to go here...shouldn't cost more than 100 I bet.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote