Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-24-2000, 06:09 PM   #1
Mordraken
n00b

Thumbs down What's up with EA ?!!?!

I thought Jim (or Solecismic) teamed up with EA so that EA could bring their marketing and sales savvy to FOF as well as to incorporate it into their Madden series.
Well, Madden (to my knowledge) did not incorporate FOF into the management side, or even offer it as a bonus add-on.

Further, there is no mention of FOF on the EA sight. You have to know the URL to get to the area (anybody know it?). Even a search reveals nothing. There is no promotion with any of the gaming magazines or websigts to my knowledge (I haven't seen any promos). ...and by promotion, I mean that "here's a great game for you to preview"...

Perhaps the worst part of this is the silence about features for the new FOF. No info on the EA sight... And surprisingly no info from Jim (Why? is there a gag order from EA?).

USUALLY companies are hyping the features a year before it's released (well... for sports games, 6 months). Even features that don't get implemented are hyped (and then swept under the table). But here's a product that is rumored to be 2 weeks away from launch, and there's hardly a word on why we should buy the product, what makes it ANY different from the previous year's version, or anything.

If EA continues with these "marketing and sales" efforts, they could be able to kill this wonderful game. Then again, maybe they are looking to consolidate the market with only ONE option for a computer football.

Hey Jim - 3D0 markets and produces great games.... High Heat baseball destroyed EA's (can't even remember the name...hehe) and if 3D0 could make an football arcade portion... KICKASS!

Mordraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2000, 01:17 PM   #2
Vaj
H.S. Freshman Team

Unhappy

You can add "no site security" and "slanderous" (accusing some of us of stealing the game) to "lack of marketing."

"Christianity's such an odd religion. The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love" -- Bill Hicks
Vaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2000, 01:37 PM   #3
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Kids...let it go!

------------------
Go Cowboys...errr, Jets! Yeah, Jets!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote