Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #601
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree, basically, Darth. I think the wolves had a bum day and the worst thing we can do is talk ourselves out of capitalizing on it. I was watching the village do this in the Vegas game - they had the wolves all figured out on Day 3 and then proceeded to question themselves right out of it.

If Jackal comes up villager then we can decide if that was just bum luck or whatever, but we should have another scan out of the deal by then.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #602
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't think the Jackal/Lathum reveal and the mau "save himself seer reveal" are necessarily related at all. They happened at different times and for apparently different reasons. I do think Lathum's scenario is most likely true.

VOTE THE JACKAL
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #603
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol, so of course I go for lunch and the thread is dead.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #604
Autumn
Head Coach

We were waiting for you, Lathum.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #605
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well here I am, enjoying my last meal
Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #606
The Jackal
Coordinator

I left, that's why the thread died, no convincing people of my innocence

I'm chuckling at the people that are "convinced I'm a wolf". I understand much moreso the people that are playing the odds, and I accept my fate and that this is best lynch from everyone else's standpoint but mine.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #607
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If Jackal is a villager it will rank up there with some of my all time biggest WW surprises.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #608
The Jackal
Coordinator

I can go back and look at this myself later - but who were the leading candidates when mau took off? Besides CR it was JAG, right? And then we started a mini-run on NTN. I'd love to see a vote flow with the switches. If mau is the seer it looks bad for JAG and NTN. Maybe not bad, but suspicious. If mau is a wolf, well, it was a terrific day 1, wasn't it.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #609
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to find clap and and have him help me find a lolcat that properly identifies this situation
Old 02-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #610
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I left, that's why the thread died, no convincing people of my innocence

I'm chuckling at the people that are "convinced I'm a wolf". I understand much moreso the people that are playing the odds, and I accept my fate and that this is best lynch from everyone else's standpoint but mine.

I'm not convinced that you are, but voting you is the best lead we have for day two. And I'm hoping your a wolf because if you aren't we are about to sacrifice the body guard to lynch a villager.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #611
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think the wolves would have assumed Lathum was the BG (after the missed NK) even if he didn't reveal. If the BG wasn't protecting mau they'd certainly protect themselves. I do wish he'd talked to me before revealing, but I don't think there's much I could have said to deter him from doing it.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #612
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I'm not convinced that you are, but voting you is the best lead we have for day two. And I'm hoping your a wolf because if you aren't we are about to sacrifice the body guard to lynch a villager.

Or we are being played by the wolves, which I really doubt is the case here.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #613
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am going to take out of here and won't be back until well after the deadline. I am going to live my vote on Danny.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #614
bhlloy
Coordinator

Seems like we are pretty much set on this then

Vote Jackal
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #615
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
It only makes sense if Mauboy is the cunning. But it is a big risk on the part of the wolves. In fact, I can't see anyway that it computes. If mauboy is still around on say, day 4, we are going to know he is full of crap and lynch him.

Ok, I'm trying to catch up best I can, but I don't understand this cunning angle that keeps coming up. The draw of the cunning is that he scans like a villager. If Mau pulled a fake reveal, the real seer doesn't need to waste a scan on the wolf doing the fake reveal because the real seer already knows the faker is a wolf. So why would it matter if Mau is cunning or not?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #616
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm going to find clap and and have him help me find a lolcat that properly identifies this situation

You should have just come out and revealed as some far programmer.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #617
Autumn
Head Coach

Without digging back to answer my own question, one thing that came to me while I was shoveling snow is: Lathum, were you told you made a block, or did you assume so due to a no kill night?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #618
cougarfreak
College Starter

I apologize, time is short for me today, I agree with all the signs pointing the jackal, though I'm still a bit unsure of myself in these games. One of these days, will there be a simple werewolf game, or are they all this complicated? For now I'm going to:

vote Jackal

I hope I can check back in, but my wife is having some damn handbag party at the house tonight. I'm going out to buy my first android phone, so maybe I can check back in from it?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #619
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

A handbag party? What the hell is a handbag party?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #620
Autumn
Head Coach

They'll have a party for anything. My wife's unpacking the order from her Pampered Chef order as I type.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #621
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
A handbag party? What the hell is a handbag party?

Where she sells some handbag stuff. Beats me, I'm not hanging around for it...
Old 02-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #622
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

wow, so exciting. Not my type of thing lol

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #623
Autumn
Head Coach

It may mean Chief and Hoops will be late in their leg tonight, hitting up the handbag party.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #624
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Without digging back to answer my own question, one thing that came to me while I was shoveling snow is: Lathum, were you told you made a block, or did you assume so due to a no kill night?

I wasn't told anything but see nothing in the rules that would prevent a night kill short of the wolves not sending an order in
Old 02-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #625
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
It may mean Chief and Hoops will be late in their leg tonight, hitting up the handbag party.

We'll be hosting a handbag party at the finish line for when everyone else shows up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #626
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I wasn't told anything but see nothing in the rules that would prevent a night kill short of the wolves not sending an order in

Oh well that's a horse of a different color then. We now have the possibility that they simply messed up and didn't send in a night kill, or didn't send one in on purpose. Or i would say sent one in on someone who was lynched, but that seems unlikely in this case ;-)

In that case I'm more willing to move off of Jackal than I was. While this is a big game with presumably a goodly sized set of wolves, we certainly have seen blunders like that before (not sending in a kill).
Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #627
Autumn
Head Coach

EagleFan: Do we know if the bodyguard would be notified of a block?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #628
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EagleFan: Do we know if the bodyguard would be notified of a block?

Nope, we don't know...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #629
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Nope, we don't know...

Thanks for nothing ;-)
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #630
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Oh well that's a horse of a different color then. We now have the possibility that they simply messed up and didn't send in a night kill, or didn't send one in on purpose. Or i would say sent one in on someone who was lynched, but that seems unlikely in this case ;-)

In that case I'm more willing to move off of Jackal than I was. While this is a big game with presumably a goodly sized set of wolves, we certainly have seen blunders like that before (not sending in a kill).

This is certainly possible but I don't think so. No reason to back that up, just my opinion

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #631
The Jackal
Coordinator

Pretty sure exactly what happened is the wolves figured Mau would be scanned, and targeted a respected player instead, and with a stroke of luck hit on the BG who had spilled his identity to his partner, thereby damning his partner. I'm just posting this now so I can quote it later.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #632
The Jackal
Coordinator

(scanned = blocked, of course, now I can't quote it because it won't make sense, crap)
Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #633
The Jackal
Coordinator

The thing is, my death won't really clear up anything about mau. Either he's the seer and the wolves went after a respected player thinking he'd be blocked, or he isn't the seer and they went after a respected player because they aren't going to kill their own wolf fake seer. Doesn't really help, unfortunately.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #634
The Jackal
Coordinator

Suppose I could save these kinds of posts for after I'm dead, when you know I'm telling the truth.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #635
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I'm not sure it's worth trying to move any votes at this point. But my certainty about Lathum's theory is a lot less knowing that there wasn't necessarily a block. A lot of crazy things can happen in a Werewolf game. I'm actually kind of surprised Lathum revealed without necessarily knowing there was a block. I've never actually been a bodyguard though, so I'm not sure how routine that is.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #636
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Have received orders from 8 of the 10 teams. A little over an hour before the deadline.

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-25-2011 at 06:52 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #637
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure it's worth trying to move any votes at this point. But my certainty about Lathum's theory is a lot less knowing that there wasn't necessarily a block. A lot of crazy things can happen in a Werewolf game. I'm actually kind of surprised Lathum revealed without necessarily knowing there was a block. I've never actually been a bodyguard though, so I'm not sure how routine that is.

never?

I revealed because the odds of it being something else are slim and I am a dead man tonihgt. I, like everyone else, assumed I would take any info with me.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #638
Zinto
College Starter

I guess a new candidate has not appeared so I will fall in-line and vote for Jackal.

Vote Jackal
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #639
Zinto
College Starter

Also since there may not have been a block there could be a bigger wolf ploy going on out there. Mau could claimed seer to draw votes off him, then the wolves could not sent in a night-kill to make it seem like the BG blocked him. While I do not believe this happened it is a possibility.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #640
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
never?

I revealed because the odds of it being something else are slim and I am a dead man tonihgt. I, like everyone else, assumed I would take any info with me.

You've never played in a game where the bodyguard is told about blocks?? Or never been in one where they aren't? I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #641
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote jackal

if jackal is a villager we'll have gotten no where today. hopefully i can live another night.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #642
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm sorry, this was probably already addessed before but why did mauboy scan Chief Rum instead of his partner?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #643
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
wow, so exciting. Not my type of thing lol

Yeah, you prefer shoes
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #644
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

yep, the strappy kind

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #645
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm sorry, this was probably already addessed before but why did mauboy scan Chief Rum instead of his partner?

I told him I wasn't a wolf and he knows my word is good!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #646
Danny
Head Coach

Actually, the reasoning he gave is he's never played with me before and I could be cunning anyway, so he still wouldn't trust me.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #647
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Huh, that reasoning kinda sucks

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #648
Danny
Head Coach

Damn, it's pouring outside. I am sick btw, so don't expect any bowling miracles tonight.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #649
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I honestly didn't put that much value in being able to pm him. He's my partner in a race. I guess I am not seeing the Almighty value in must knowing what my teammate is at this time. I've never played with him before so I don't know his tendencies or anything like that. Hell I run into the same problem with anybody I scan with the cunning ability. I'd almost rather my partner not know I was a seer just becaude of that, especially being an inexperienced player, he could feed me all sorts of stuff that the wolves want to say.
Eh, I typed that from my phone, but here you go Autumn. It never really crossed my mind to vote him for the reasons listed above. In the last game I used the speedeez service to contact two players and if it was a back and forth thing, and didn't feel that much of an advantage. I actually wish I didn't have the ability to talk to another person. But at this point it doesn't matter, I'm a known entity.

Also at this point, why do I need to trust my partner in this game? We both want to win the race and we both want to out the moles. If he's a mole then obviously he's still trying to win the race but impersonating a regular contestant. The few people who jumped on my back on ridiculed my decision made me initially feel bad but in the end.. why was it ABSOLUTELY necessary to scan my partner? It wasn't.

I stand by my scan. And I won't scan my partner again tonight.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #650
Danny
Head Coach

I have a request. If a second wolf could PM their non wolf partner letting them know, that would be great!