Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #351
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
It appears it is just a vote adder and shouldn't be taken as anything more than that....is that what I'm understanding?

That's how I'm understanding it. Which in my mind means that the motive of the person presenting it is as important as the person they are targeting with it.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #352
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Let me just say I disapprove of anyone playing any games which might prevent them from playing here . And that it's probably worth having a seperate thread if people want to continue a discussion along these lines rather than clogging up this game thread.

~BK, YFWWM

Aren't you dead?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #353
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
I don't understand how I could have any doubt on who I said I am. Eaglefan proves it with his death (only he would know my role...) I was gonna attack with my shiny new weapon tonight, but looks like i may have to guard myself just in case.

If you decide to use your weapon might I suggest it be on someone who isn't an unchallenged guest.

(this is precicly why PurdueBrad needs to come forward)
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #354
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
well if I would have known the true result of evidence I would have told you to hold yours.

I thought it really was evidence that pointed the true guilt of someone not just an item that adds 2 votes to someone.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong in this thinking, but that is what I have taken away from w/ Perg.'s explination.

It appears it is just a vote adder and shouldn't be taken as anything more than that....is that what I'm understanding?

es, it holds no other value or meaning in the game, its like a DRAW TWO in UNO....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #355
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
That's how I'm understanding it. Which in my mind means that the motive of the person presenting it is as important as the person they are targeting with it.

DING DING DING

Now my question is why, in what was already a runaway vote, did both alan and DT decide to pile on 4 more? HMMM?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #356
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If you decide to use your weapon might I suggest it be on someone who isn't an unchallenged guest.

(this is precicly why PurdueBrad needs to come forward)

Again, why? The more Brad clarifies whatever it is he has to clarify, the better idea the up and down teams get about who they need to target.

If there is some flaw in my logic, please let me know.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #357
RendeR
Coordinator

Anyone got an updated count? is is 10-3 or 12-3??
Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #358
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
DING DING DING

Now my question is why, in what was already a runaway vote, did both alan and DT decide to pile on 4 more? HMMM?

okay not questioning DT on this at all as it was his neck on the line and at the time was 8-3 with 5 outstanding votes so I understand his "motive" but bottom line is it's the right move. Alan's just might have been a way to keep everyone honest.

I still believe you are bad RendeR with what I saw last night and what has been presented to us today by Lathum & NTN, I just can't put too much stock into the evidence factor now.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #359
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Again, why? The more Brad clarifies whatever it is he has to clarify, the better idea the up and down teams get about who they need to target.

If there is some flaw in my logic, please let me know.

How can you even question that?

So are we better off with Brad being killed with that information at night?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #360
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
DING DING DING

Well, yeah, I think that's what I wondered about. I still have a tough time picturing you as anything but a team member though.....SnDvls argument strikes me as more solid than yours.

So basically I'm down with supporting a better candidate if one comes along.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #361
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i'm out before the deadline ends.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #362
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Peregrine - I can play this weekend, but will be limited on Saturday (ASU football game and swim lessons for the little one) Sunday should be okay for a while...I'd prefer a pause, but will do whatever
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #363
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
How can you even question that?

So are we better off with Brad being killed with that information at night?

We're certainly better off without the Downstairs or Upstairs people being able to pinpoint who each other are.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #364
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
i'm out before the deadline ends.

does this mean you'll be back before deadline or that you are out for the night
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #365
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Anyone got an updated count? is is 10-3 or 12-3??

Might as well be 7 billion to 1.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #366
RendeR
Coordinator

Well seing as how you're lying through your fangs, the fact that "you're not buying it" makes perfect sense. Of COURSE you're not buying it, you can't back down because then you admit your lying.

As for DT, true, I can see the self preservation thing, but my problem lies within the combination of the two, Alan has no excuse for piling on 2 wothless votes, no matter his excuse of "use it or lose it" DT and ALan have gone back and forth enough already for me to see a real connectoin there, good bad or otherwise they're playing at an agenda that can't be a good thing for anyone involved.

I don't expect YOU to change your mind as thats akin to admitting you told the reverend mother you screwed her poch, but hopefully my next post will convice any and all others that *I* am on the up and up.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #367
SnDvls
Pro Starter

it's 14-1 with 4 votes from "evidence"

still 5 outstanding votes
Old 09-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #368
RendeR
Coordinator

Fine fine, here it is:

I am the Private Investigator: My role has the ability to do a couple things:
A) each night I can trail 1 player and watch precisely what they do during a single night phase. This is how I saw SNDVls, I was heading toward Telle's location to tail her for the night (huba huba) when I saw him come down the hall all 'psycho' knife weidling and bloody.

B) During the lynch voting I have the ability to save a Guest from getting selected from the tied vote. basicaly I give info to the Constable and he selects the other player, in the case of Guest vs Guest its still random.

However, as my role is entirely bsaed upon secrecy, I am now defunct as a PI and am a generic Guest. Since everyone knows what I am now My abilities no longer work.

So, go ahead, lynch me, but you're letting a very obvious liar get away with murder, quite literally.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #369
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Fine fine, here it is:

I am the Private Investigator: My role has the ability to do a couple things:
A) each night I can trail 1 player and watch precisely what they do during a single night phase. This is how I saw SNDVls, I was heading toward Telle's location to tail her for the night (huba huba) when I saw him come down the hall all 'psycho' knife weidling and bloody.

B) During the lynch voting I have the ability to save a Guest from getting selected from the tied vote. basicaly I give info to the Constable and he selects the other player, in the case of Guest vs Guest its still random.

However, as my role is entirely bsaed upon secrecy, I am now defunct as a PI and am a generic Guest. Since everyone knows what I am now My abilities no longer work.

So, go ahead, lynch me, but you're letting a very obvious liar get away with murder, quite literally.

BAHHHHHHWAAAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

that's quite a story

so you know who everyone is then as you get to choose in a guest vs guest...so who is upstairs and who is downstairs then? and our final guest would be whom?

your teammates did you no justice or service today sorry RendeR it was nice playing with you.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #370
path12
Coordinator

Peregrine, can evidence votes be switched or cancelled?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #371
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - I think I actually used that role as a wolf too once
Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #372
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Peregrine, can evidence votes be switched or cancelled?

No, once the evidence is presented it remains for good or ill.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #373
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

This is the part of your description that strikes me as strange. What do you mean by generic?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #374
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
dola - I think I actually used that role as a wolf too once

Methinks thou doth protest too much.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #375
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
This is the part of your description that strikes me as strange. What do you mean by generic?

neither an upstairs member nor a downstairs member, just a regular Guest as those that are listed in the rules.

And to answer SNDvla: I am not allowed to divulge who the teams are, its the limitation of the role.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 PM   #376
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
neither an upstairs member nor a downstairs member, just a regular Guest as those that are listed in the rules.

And to answer SNDvla: I am not allowed to divulge who the teams are, its the limitation of the role.

So who's side are you on then? what are you victory conditions?

so of the 8 unknown people you are saying then that you are the last guest and PurdueBrad (who claims he is also a guest) is lying and he is an up/down stairs member?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #377
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
So who's side are you on then? what are you victory conditions?

so of the 8 unknown people you are saying then that you are the last guest and PurdueBrad (who claims he is also a guest) is lying and he is an up/down stairs member?

I win if the Guests win after day 4, and as I just said I can't tell you anything about PB's role. I can't differentiate PB for you, I know the Guests and I know the two teams of antagonists, I do NOT know specificaly which teams the antagonists are on I only know the 8 names. I do not know the identity of the supporters either, they are secret even to me.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #378
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

OK. In other words, we have 8 team roles and 11 guest roles. Coincidentally, we have 19 players. You are saying that we have 8 team roles, only 10 of the 11 guest roles, and your new generic role.

I hear Occam's Razor in my head.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #379
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Dola, the other thing that strikes me is that now that you really don't have the role anymore, you wouldn't have the limitation about divulging, either. It's not like your powers haven't already been taken away.

Sigh. I don't see much alternative.

VOTE RENDER
Old 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #380
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, the other thing that strikes me is that now that you really don't have the role anymore, you wouldn't have the limitation about divulging, either. It's not like your powers haven't already been taken away.

Sigh. I don't see much alternative.

VOTE RENDER

Its not an optional thing, for game balance I was told I cannot divulge anything, but really path, look at your lists, you already know exatly what I know. Why does me not writing the names on the thread make a diference at this point?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #381
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
OK. In other words, we have 8 team roles and 11 guest roles. Coincidentally, we have 19 players. You are saying that we have 8 team roles, only 10 of the 11 guest roles, and your new generic role.

I hear Occam's Razor in my head.

my point exactaly
Old 09-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #382
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Its not an optional thing, for game balance I was told I cannot divulge anything, but really path, look at your lists, you already know exatly what I know. Why does me not writing the names on the thread make a diference at this point?

I understand your point. Like I mentioned earlier, in hindsight I think the role reveals were a really bad move and wish that I for one hadn't done it. But I just see too many odd things about your claim to buy it, least of which the potential game-wrecking power of it (if we hadn't been all gung-ho on the mass reveal thing).
Old 09-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #383
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
my point exactaly

Please do not edit other peoples text sndvls, its VERY misleading.

And I'm technically a guest. Not sure what my status seperate from anyone is supposed to mean. I win if the guests win after day 4.

Frankly I'm still astounded that today went this way, you're all easily fooled.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #384
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I used it because of the point that there were votes that could be moved that would have put me on the block, so I wanted to put it out of reach
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #385
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I used it because of the point that there were votes that could be moved that would have put me on the block, so I wanted to put it out of reach

Yeah i understood your vote. THe worst part of this is that you'l never know for sure because of the no reveal thing. No way to verify my story and then yer stuck with a murderer who is now a very trusted member of your group.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #386
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah i understood your vote. THe worst part of this is that you'l never know for sure because of the no reveal thing. No way to verify my story and then yer stuck with a murderer who is now a very trusted member of your group.

nah...because if you don't come up upstairs or downstairs we lynch SunnyD tommorrow
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #387
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
nah...because if you don't come up upstairs or downstairs we lynch SunnyD tommorrow

*laughs*
Old 09-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #388
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

You do realize that I "will not" come up as anything when you lynch me, right?

So yer saying Sndvls is DoooooooMMMmmmmmMMmmed.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #389
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
OK...think I'm caught up...I had said earlier I'd vote with AlanT, so I am...however if he turns out to have misled us, then I'll be voting for him tomorrow, as I think all who have voted for RendeR today should...

VOTE RENDER

I'm pretty much gone for the night, busy day tomorrow- I may not be able to check in until mid afternoon, but I'll make sure I get on before deadline...since we haven't been told differently I'm assuming that we are on a regular schedule for the weekend?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #390
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Please do not edit other peoples text sndvls, its VERY misleading.

And I'm technically a guest. Not sure what my status seperate from anyone is supposed to mean. I win if the guests win after day 4.

Frankly I'm still astounded that today went this way, you're all easily fooled.

the hell are you talking about??? I quoted him direct
Old 09-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #391
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
the hell are you talking about??? I quoted him direct
Nevermind, You quoted the one above the post I thought you did. my bad!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #392
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nevermind, You quoted the one above the post I thought you did. my bad!

all right it's all good then
Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #393
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
all right it's all good then

tell me that after they lynch you tomorrow since they won't get any info from lynching me

REVENGE!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #394
RendeR
Coordinator

cmon peri =) lets have it....
Old 09-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #395
Peregrine
Pro Starter

After some back and forth, the votes end up heavily in favor of Render. In the end, the Inspector agreed with you all that the evidence was damning. Render was hauled away and will trouble you no more.

Night actions are due in by midnight. Remember, if you took two actions last night you are exhausted and will sleep both phases tonight!

Lathum
RendeR - voted out, Day 2
Gonzo
ArlingtonColt
Neon_Chaos
PurdueBrad
RPI-Fan
Barkeep49 - shot to death - The Vicar
EagleFan - stabbed to death - The Daughter
MrBug708
St. Cronin
Oliegirl
ntndeacon
SnDvls
DaddyTorgo
Chief Run
Alan T
Telle - stabbed to death - The Cook
Path12
Old 09-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #396
Peregrine
Pro Starter

We're now looking for one replacement player! Let me know if you know someone who is interested. RPI-Fan has had to drop out.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #397
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interested to know what you think of it -- it's one of my long list of things to see right now.

My wife and I both liked it. She isn't really into "Westerns" that much, I usually enjoy some of them enough. I thought it was an interesting story and was ok. Not best movie ever, but both of us enjoyed it.

I'm pretty easy going though and like most movies, so I am not the best person to judge movies based off of however, so your mileage may vary
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #398
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmm, not much happened after I left.

I still think now is the time for PurdueBrad to reveal.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #399
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Just a note, it will probably be a while before I can process all the orders, hopefully I'll get it all sorted out by tomorrow morning
Old 09-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #400
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
At this point I'm fine to play through the weekends. If anyone can post that won't be able to do it at all, that would be helpful. Obviously if the majority of you can't or don't want to then we can pick things up on Monday.

I will not be able to do this. I am moving this weekend.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote