Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #901
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Your suspect list is similar to what mine has been the last 30 hours or so Saldana. I'm not sure what direction I'm leaning towards right now, I guess it depends what happens in the evening. If I'm still alive during the day time, I will be leaning to one of those three though. I am hoping we have more hard facts during the day time to go on though, right now I'm relying only on instinct and what feels like erratic game play to me.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #902
hoopsguy
General Manager

The "no role info on death" is complicating matters here as well. I do not believe that every wolf death up to this point has been an ordinary wolf - it just seems statistically improbable.

Role info/claims:
Cronin - Lawgiver
Hoopsguy - Bodyguard
Blade - ???, saved on Night 2, involved in chat with another person
Saldana - some future tie-breaking ability?
Barkeep - similar to Saldana?
Tyrith - claims someone can vouch for him

Am I missing any here?

Others - Anxiety, Schmidty, AlanT, Lathum, Ardent, Warlord

It is likely that one of these people will not be with us in the morning.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #903
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

to be fair, if we don't get all actions in by 12 noon, they won't be due till 9 AM Monday (if we get them all in earlier, then we canget at least the night complete) with the next lynch at 10 PM EDT Monday. Fair?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #904
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Fine by me. I've got a fairly full weekend anyway.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #905
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm fine with whatever Day 4 schedule works for the group.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #906
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm ok with whatever schedule. I am going to have to leave to go to a different office in a little bit, so will miss most of the afternoon anyways. But I can be back in the early evening if there is need to be.

I'm hoping we at least can have the night actions go off by tonight, so we can have the weekend to talk about stuff.. I am alot more hesitant to talk at night phase, and a long weekend night phase might cause for very low interaction on here.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #907
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

anything works for me, I'll be away all weekend and I am leaving today at 1:00 so I wouldn't be very active today anyway and at this point it is very important that I am active.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #908
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I leave Chicago Saturday morning.

I have NO clue what to expect next week in South Carolina. I'm told I'll have net access, though.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #909
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So it kind of sucks to be have a 3 day night cycle, but there you have it.

Saldana: It sounds like our roles are very similar as my votes have quite a bit of potential as well.

I do not take this potential to have something to do with a tie breaker though and I believe cronin does not either. So saldana is now very high in my circle of trust based on what he has said.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #910
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is there any reason why last nights actions can't be posted at some point today and then go right into the day phase for monday? That would at least spur on some discussion.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #911
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Is there any reason why last nights actions can't be posted at some point today and then go right into the day phase for monday? That would at least spur on some discussion.
I would agree with this. Would much rather have a day phase over the weekend then a night phase.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #912
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

As soon as I get all actions, and we can go from there
Old 06-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #913
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And what do you know, the one night action I thought I was missing, I'm not.

The night quickly passes.. and apparently the wizard was worried about his lightning tricks becoming passe.. because come morning, BLADE6119 is found roasted by what's generally known by most non-magic users as a "Big-Ass Fireball".. the ground around him scorched and burned black.

Of course, seeing another of the rag-tag pack you have formed slain by the wizard is upsetting, but one of you seems to be more affected then the others. Will you all go the way Blade did, and soon?

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-02-2006 at 12:13 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #914
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So, what's our schedule going to be today then?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #915
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well shit.

I was about to make a case AGAINST Blade once the day phase hit, too. I apparently suck.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #916
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok hoops time to come out with who you guarded two nights ago. Blade's death is not a good thing vis a vie your innocence in my mind.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:09 PM   #917
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Well shit.

I was about to make a case AGAINST Blade once the day phase hit, too. I apparently suck.
Yeah, that does stink. So CW any reason we should believe you're an innocent? You've been awfully quiet, all things considered.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #918
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I told you guys I was positive about blade
Old 06-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #919
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Yeah, that does stink. So CW any reason we should believe you're an innocent? You've been awfully quiet, all things considered.

Probably because I've been part of exactly one vote and had absolutely nothing to add for or against that vote's primary target (path)?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #920
hoopsguy
General Manager

"but one of you seems to be more affected then the others"

I'll be interested to see if there is something that comes out of this. I'm glad that there was not a double-kill with Blade, as I thought that might be forthcoming. With that idea (Blade as one of two Lovers) running through my head it put me in a tough spot last night on who to guard.

Again, I don't want to reveal the most recent guard action since it would leave the person exposed for Night 4. But here is the update on my actions, excluding Night 3:
Night 1: Cronin
Night 2: Saldana

I left Saldana out there as bait, to some extent on Night 2. I posted him in my Trust List when I wasn't sure if he belonged there or not, hoping that would factor in him being more of a target (I had not yet revealed at that point that I was the bodyguard).

I'm also not sure why they would target Blade two nights in a row. He has voted for me without any deviation in his intent. He was similarly fixated on voting for me in the Thing game and never moved his vote; he rarely considered ideas in the game that didn't involve me as a bad guy. I feel like they sacrificed a good player who was not going to be a threat to them until after I'm dead.

Of course, based on my work up to this point I'm not much of a threat either
Old 06-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #921
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Probably because I've been part of exactly one vote and had absolutely nothing to add for or against that vote's primary target (path)?

Details, details.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #922
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE ANXIETY

I would also welcome a vote on Tyrith, folks. This is the first time I've put a vote on somebody two days in a row.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #923
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I took the one more effected then the others, after a couple of readings, to mean Blade was more effected considering he was burnt to a crisp. Hoops why did you protect saldana? I just can't find the logic in that.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #924
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
VOTE ANXIETY

I would also welcome a vote on Tyrith, folks. This is the first time I've put a vote on somebody two days in a row.
Well considering we're only in D4 that doesn't say a whole lot really
Old 06-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #925
hoopsguy
General Manager

Information that I would like to have:

Saldana vs Barkeep - Barkeep appears ready to trust Saldana. Does the reverse hold true? Saldana gave his PM information before Barkeep. Saldana indicated his secondary role before Barkeep. Is there something that Barkeep can add in regards to their roles that will validate him for Saldana (who may not be around before 10PM tonight but should absolutely be here over a weekend).

Anxiety vs Lathum - both of those guys came out yesterday and said that they had reasons for believing both Blade and I were good. Anxiety seems to be changing his story a little bit on this, saying I now appear "wolfish". What are the opinions of these two towards each other?

Blade's "chat" claim - can anyone else come forward to verify that there is a role that allows for a wolf to be involved with PMs? Or is this something that Blade made up yesterday as a cover story to keep some other fact from emerging (not in an anti-wolf fashion, but to avoid posting info that helped the wizards)?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #926
st.cronin
General Manager

I think the reason they went after Blade twice in a row was they figured he was the one player they could count on NOT being protected last night. I think any other target they faced a possible bodyguard block.

knives out
Old 06-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #927
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, Post #923
Quote:
Hoops why did you protect saldana? I just can't find the logic in that.

I answered this in Post #920
Quote:
I left Saldana out there as bait, to some extent on Night 2. I posted him in my Trust List when I wasn't sure if he belonged there or not, hoping that would factor in him being more of a target (I had not yet revealed at that point that I was the bodyguard).

To expand on that, I hoped that the wolves would be more likely to target someone appearing on trust lists than someone who was at the bottom of trust lists. Saldana had hinted he had a role tied to Cronin at that point (you had not yet done so) so I hoped that the fact that I trusted him - and that others might as well - would make him an appealing target on that night.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:26 PM   #928
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, should I assume that you did not get any information about changes in voting/ties/whatever?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #929
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Barkeep, Post #923

I answered this in Post #920

To expand on that, I hoped that the wolves would be more likely to target someone appearing on trust lists than someone who was at the bottom of trust lists. Saldana had hinted he had a role tied to Cronin at that point (you had not yet done so) so I hoped that the fact that I trusted him - and that others might as well - would make him an appealing target on that night.

So the wizzes have targeted

Qwikshot
Blade
Blade

Hoopsguy, I waver back and forth between trusting you and worrying about you. Can you say a little bit about your "character" as described by Foz? I may potentially have some information that would help us, but I want to know for sure that you are on our side.

knives out
Old 06-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #930
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, should I assume that you did not get any information about changes in voting/ties/whatever?

As of now, it's situation normal.

knives out
Old 06-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #931
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote hoops

For now.

There's too many oddities in the situation. Why Saldana, of all people? The argument he presented is somewhat weak, though I can't poke many holes in it. The bodyguard could have been killed early, which would explain why no one challenged Hoops. I think Blade was not bodyguarded, but was privvy to some other event that happened during a successful conversion.

To play my own devils advocate, the wizard COULD have killed Blade to make us go after hoops just like I'm doing. But it's where I'm going for right now.
Convince me otherwise.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #932
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Vote hoops

For now.

There's too many oddities in the situation. Why Saldana, of all people? The argument he presented is somewhat weak, though I can't poke many holes in it. The bodyguard could have been killed early, which would explain why no one challenged Hoops. I think Blade was not bodyguarded, but was privvy to some other event that happened during a successful conversion.

To play my own devils advocate, the wizard COULD have killed Blade to make us go after hoops just like I'm doing. But it's where I'm going for right now.
Convince me otherwise.

How does killing blade set up hoops, exactly?

knives out
Old 06-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #933
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, its been fun guys...i hope you guys do us wolves proud
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #934
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
How does killing blade set up hoops, exactly?

Blade being the one who was pushing at hoops most of the day yesterday.

The classic "kill them and shut them up" scenario.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #935
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, here is a description that somewhat closely resembles my role:

I'm new to this pack. The last Pack Alpha that I was responsible for was headstrong, rarely listened to my words of caution, and found himself as a trophy for a knight he attacked directly (he was offed by the knight's squire ). I'm looking for a new Alpha to protect.

My role doesn't appear to let me know who an attacker is, but if the person I protect is targeted then I will drive off his foes. I will know that my person was attacked.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #936
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Blade being the one who was pushing at hoops most of the day yesterday.

The classic "kill them and shut them up" scenario.

Ok. Not sure I buy that, but I see where you're coming from at least.

knives out
Old 06-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #937
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think they went for blade acting under the assumption he can't be protected 2 nights in a row.

I still trust hoops, protecting Saldana on day 2 may be random but usually the first few days are unless there is a role reveal.

The question I have is if hoops didn't protect blade on night 2 then how did he survive an attack? Any info on this would be helpfull.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #938
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, for the wolves to successfully use the "assume the role" strategy they need to know the roles of the players who are dead. I don't know if they do or not, but there is nothing in the game that I've seen that leads me to believe this is the case.

I could see a wolf making this play blindly as we get later into the game. But there were still 13 of the initial 16 people involved in the game when I came out with saying I was the bodyguard.

There isn't a whole heck of a lot more I can say to try and convince you that I really am playing the role of the bodyguard. I came out with this at the start of Day 3 instead of at the end of Night 2 in order to provide a full day for people to refute this role or to try and double-cross the wolves with a fake "No, I'm the bodyguard!" claim that would net us a 1:1 scenario.

In terms of who to guard each night, I'm willing to listen to advice posted on the board if you (or anyone else) have strong feelings on the matter that you don't mind the wizards reading about. But I won't promise to follow it.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #939
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well shit.

Im glad i inspired your trust CW
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #940
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Sure, here is a description that somewhat closely resembles my role:

I'm new to this pack. The last Pack Alpha that I was responsible for was headstrong, rarely listened to my words of caution, and found himself as a trophy for a knight he attacked directly (he was offed by the knight's squire ). I'm looking for a new Alpha to protect.

My role doesn't appear to let me know who an attacker is, but if the person I protect is targeted then I will drive off his foes. I will know that my person was attacked.
Hoops, have you been sucsesssful yet?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #941
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I have no information on Blade's Night 2 adventures. Everything I have done in my role of the bodyguard, with the exception of the Night 3 protect, has already been posted. I have not received a single PM as of yet on results from night actions.

I even sent a follow-up PM yesterday morning to SirFozzie to make sure that he hadn't forgotten to send me something related to Night 2 after seeing there was no one dead and having him laugh about submitted events earlier. Nothing. I really wish I had something to provide here.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #942
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, well, time to lay my cards on the table.

There is a second component to my role - I have the ability to "sniff out" the wizard's henchmen. I have "sniffed" the following players: hoopsguy, blade, barkeep, and coffee warlord. I have not found any henchmen. I got an odd message when I sniffed out hoopsguy, which does not match his description, so it's possible that he is the Wizard. Hoopsguy is either the wizard or a wolf, NOT a henchman, so I don't think we should be voting for him - if he is the wizard, there is some other way to kill him which I am not aware of, but I assume one of you is. Barkeep and Coffee are wolves.

I don't know if I'm coming forward too soon or not. I apologize for all the smoke I have been blowing up your butts.

knives out
Old 06-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #943
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, hopefully Post #941 provides the long answer about my "success".
The short answer is "no" - I have yet to encounter the wizard or his henchmen.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Blade = Blessed?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #945
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, on what days did you "sniff" these players?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #946
st.cronin
General Manager

Night
0 - hoopsguy
1 - Blade
2 - Barkeep
3 - Coffee

knives out
Old 06-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #947
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Ok, well, time to lay my cards on the table.

There is a second component to my role - I have the ability to "sniff out" the wizard's henchmen. I have "sniffed" the following players: hoopsguy, blade, barkeep, and coffee warlord. I have not found any henchmen. I got an odd message when I sniffed out hoopsguy, which does not match his description, so it's possible that he is the Wizard. Hoopsguy is either the wizard or a wolf, NOT a henchman, so I don't think we should be voting for him - if he is the wizard, there is some other way to kill him which I am not aware of, but I assume one of you is. Barkeep and Coffee are wolves.

I don't know if I'm coming forward too soon or not. I apologize for all the smoke I have been blowing up your butts.
Cronin, it is VERY IMPORTANT to know why and how the message you got about hoops was different.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #948
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

damn, I have to go now. It is such a pivotal time, I am going to try and get access to the net later but if noy I won't be back untill sunday.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #949
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, you expected my role to start with "G" - can you give me an idea what you thought my role should be? Finally, how does this fit into the "Lawgiver" role? Can you give a little better accounting for the entirety of your role if the cards are now on the table?

I think that the timing on this announcement works fine for me - it helps develop a much better circle of trust for today and after an 0-3 start we are getting to the point where we need to be successful.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #950
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Cronin, it is VERY IMPORTANT to know why and how the message you got about hoops was different.

I agree.

The message I got regarding hoops said (paraphrasing) that he did not smell of luck. The message I got on the other fellows said (paraphrasing) that they smelled like ordinary wolves.

My role description talks about the wizard's henchmen being so enchanted that fate itself is altered around them - and that this is what I sense.

It was clear to me, though, that hoops is NOT a henchman.

knives out