Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
DanGarion
Coordinator

Football King of the Hill 2010

Ok, I'm sending this to the board again just like I have the last two years. As in previous years, I'm not the one doing this, it's a co-worker of a friend. This thing has gone on for a several years, and this is my 3rd or 4th year in it. I've never won, but I have had a friend or two that has won in the past. It's basically NFL Survival, and you can pick each team twice.

As in the past Please PM me with your email address so I can send you the game information (that's the only way I can send it!).

Rules of the game: Pick one team from any NFL game each week. If your team wins (or ties), you continue to the next week. Any kind of loss and you’re out. By the way, a player may only pick the same team twice over the entire course of the regular season. Weekly cumulative pick summaries will be e-mailed so that you may track your picks and your opponents’ picks.

Game ends when…: The game can end in a several ways. They are:

1. When only one player chooses a winner in a particular week.

2. When ALL surviving players choose to “split” the pot (THIS MUST BE A UNANIMOUS DECISION – ANY SPLIT “DEALS” ARE UP TO THE SPLITTERS).

3. If all remaining players fall in the same week (pot is split evenly among those players unless all choose to continue (again, THE DECISION TO CONTINUE MUST BE UNANIMOUS).

4. Following the Super Bowl, there are multiple survivors (Pot is split evenly among all).

Post-Season rules: If the game continues into the post-season, the slate is wiped clean for all surviving players. Throughout the post-season, a player may only pick the same team a maximum of twice.

This year’s entries are due by no later than Thursday September 9th at 5PM – NO EXCEPTIONS, as there is a game that evening – although the earlier the better. Entries - up to a maximum of 5 per player - may be submitted any time prior to that date and time; better to enter early and change your pick at the last minute rather than to get too busy, forget to enter and miss the deadline (like many wannabe Kings express to me after forgetting and missing the deadline each year!!!!). Feel free to invite as many of your friends and family or coworkers as you like - all are welcome. Last year's Version 1 was the largest ever with 914 entries; hopefully, we can keep the participation strong again this year, even in the current economy - remember: the more players, the merrier and KOTH is all about having fun during football season!

Here is last years thread.
2009 NFL King of the Hill - Front Office Football Central

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
DanGarion
Coordinator

Oh yeah, and if you look back for the 2008 version of this someone from the board won.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

That was me! Actually split the pot 3 ways. I'll be in again for sure. Good times.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
boberot
High School Varsity

how much $ to enter?

Last edited by boberot : 08-11-2010 at 12:33 PM.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
how much $ to enter?

10 Bucks per entry, limit of 5.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
DanGarion
Coordinator

Ok guys, this is the final bump for this, if you want in. It's the 13th year big money will up for grabs.

I've sent my picks for this week in.

Titans
Giants
Chargers
Bears

Not really happy with most of the games this week, but I figured if I spread them out I should be able to get through week 1.