Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #51
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
we did. when SI was in town. it was me TK SI and wife, and todzilla

We had vuvuzelas and everything... Or at least that one guy at the bar did.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-02-2010 at 12:05 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #52
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
8 AM departure from MA.

According to this DC isn't going to get hit at all.

Washington, District of Columbia (20050) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Of course I realize that that doesn't mean the flight won't get disrupted, but I have to think if its clear in Boston and clear in DC my chances are good.
Based off my experience with snowstorms, it's not always about whether that airport gets hit, but whether it's a big enough hub they divert a lot of planes to it that cause the delays. I'm guessing you'll be fine, but just throwing that out there.

Personally, I wish this came a day later, so I could see some good college football action in monsoons. Those are always fun - like the FSU/Miami one a few years back where Roscoe Parrish nearly got decapitated. Plus I've always been intrigued to see one from our beach house in Maine (island in Portland's harbor, but 20 feet above sea level on the landward side) but it's not worth going up early and missing Brian Kelly (undefeated as Notre Dame head coach ) in his debut, the 2 huge BCS-buster games, etc.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #53
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Based off my experience with snowstorms, it's not always about whether that airport gets hit, but whether it's a big enough hub they divert a lot of planes to it that cause the delays. I'm guessing you'll be fine, but just throwing that out there.

Personally, I wish this came a day later, so I could see some good college football action in monsoons. Those are always fun - like the FSU/Miami one a few years back where Roscoe Parrish nearly got decapitated. Plus I've always been intrigued to see one from our beach house in Maine (island in Portland's harbor, but 20 feet above sea level on the landward side) but it's not worth going up early and missing Brian Kelly (undefeated as Notre Dame head coach ) in his debut, the 2 huge BCS-buster games, etc.

Bishop - you going to "the game" Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #54
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Bishop - you going to "the game" Saturday?
Probably not. My mom has foot surgery around noon and needs to be driven home afterwards, which would mean a real tight timetable (particularly if driving conditions are bad - the last 20-30 miles near Amherst have a real big problem with downed trees blocking the road in any sort of wind/precipitation conditions) and no time for tailgating. Plus this is the first year I've transitioned past having multiple parties to go to and friends places to crash, so I'll probably be weak and watch the games on TV with friends in the city. (The other factors include the FCS system - I love the playoff system for 1AA, but it does take the urgency out of early-season games like this - and there's also my hatred of Kevin Morris and viewpoint that his hiring was a capitulation.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #55
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Probably not. My mom has foot surgery around noon and needs to be driven home afterwards, which would mean a real tight timetable (particularly if driving conditions are bad - the last 20-30 miles near Amherst have a real big problem with downed trees blocking the road in any sort of wind/precipitation conditions) and no time for tailgating. Plus this is the first year I've transitioned past having multiple parties to go to and friends places to crash, so I'll probably be weak and watch the games on TV with friends in the city. (The other factors include the FCS system - I love the playoff system for 1AA, but it does take the urgency out of early-season games like this - and there's also my hatred of Kevin Morris and viewpoint that his hiring was a capitulation.)

Yeah - I have to watch on Monday morning cause I'll be out of town .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote