Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2005, 09:45 AM   #651
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
I'd have to read it all over but I have to agree. Qwik accused the six before it was clear that he would be lynched. This to me means that most of the 6 are not werwolves. Anyone who thinks otherwise is suspicious to me

Bah.. darn server issue, lost my response.

I would also tend to agree that most of the list are probably not werewolves. Since he knew all of the wolves, (That is a true statement right? I have to reread the roles again... ) I can't imagine he would leave that much of a road map pointing to all of the wolves even if he knew he was or wasn't going to die. At some point, he could have been exposed and this could have been one heck of a road map. Of course, I'd expect a seer to do the exact opposite that most of the list would be wolves... Maybe a 4/2 split either way. I missed NTN's earlier comments about the 'list of 6'.. I find that a curious statement seeing a few of us have the same opinion of the list right away....
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:50 AM   #652
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I should have the night time update shortly, just waiting on one thing.

I missed this the first time, guess that one thing was waiting on the hunter's kill...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #653
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Bah.. darn server issue, lost my response.

I would also tend to agree that most of the list are probably not werewolves. Since he knew all of the wolves, (That is a true statement right? I have to reread the roles again... ) I can't imagine he would leave that much of a road map pointing to all of the wolves even if he knew he was or wasn't going to die. At some point, he could have been exposed and this could have been one heck of a road map. Of course, I'd expect a seer to do the exact opposite that most of the list would be wolves... Maybe a 4/2 split either way. I missed NTN's earlier comments about the 'list of 6'.. I find that a curious statement seeing a few of us have the same opinion of the list right away....

The cultist knows all of the wolves, but the wolves don't know him. The seer may or may not know any of the wolves depending on who that person has viewed.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:59 AM   #654
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
The cultist knows all of the wolves, but the wolves don't know him. The seer may or may not know any of the wolves depending on who that person has viewed.

That's what I thought... although, was saying that if the seer did a list like that he might have weeded out a few wolves since they just couldn't come out and say it for fear of retribution.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:05 AM   #655
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have meetings all day but I am going to try and check in from time to time.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #656
Swaggs
Coordinator

This sucks. I'm not liking the shrinking numbers.

And Qwikshot did a hell of a nice job confusing us by splitting up the groups.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:39 AM   #657
Jon
High School Varsity

I have a very busy day ahead, but I will check in at some point.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #658
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Seems like the same 4 or 5 people are formulating opinions, options that aren't leading us any closer to the wolves and all we are doing is just prattling on, steering ourselves in the wrong direction and giving ourselves enough rope to hang ourselves.. both figuratively and literally...
Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #659
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I just woke up a few minutes ago. This was a very unfortunate turn of events. I'm going out with a buddy for 4-5 hours. Please do not take my absence "as playing the game" or signs that I'm a werewolf. I'm not a werewolf and we really need to make a right decision and get one of those wolves tonight. I'll be back in time to read through the comments, think about them, and vote this evening.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #660
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I just got back and I am going to throw this out for discussion. I am starting to be a little guilty of Eaglesfan. My reasoning is this. It is safe to assume that at least one of the 6 people on qwik's list is a werewolf. Eaglesfan is on that list, with that being said, once Qwik knew he was going down he voted for Eaglesfan. It seems to me he is trying to defer suspicion away from eaglesfan by both putting him on the list and by voting for him.

My feeling is this. I think eaglesfan is the brutal wolf, why do you ask. My assumption is that Qwik was trying to mess with us by putting eaglesfan on his list and then voting for him when it was already to late. The reason he picked eaglesfan is because he is the brutal wolf, and if someone sniffed out his plan at least eaglefan could take one of us down with him. I realize by suggesting this theory there is a good chance eaglesfan will take me with him, but I am willing to chance it.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #661
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not a werewolf. I think Qwik put 6 innocents on it, but I don't know that. All I know is that you will be killing an innocent villager if you kill me.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-28-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #662
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hi jeebs
Old 06-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #663
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm not a werewolf. I think Qwik put 6 innocents on it, but I don't know that. All I know is that you will be killing an innocent villager if you kill me.

I don't like assuming there are six innocents on Qwik's list, frankly, because I'm not on the list and do not want to be wrongly lynched. To me, there might be some information that is useful on those lists, but what it really does is potentially split us into two groups to vote against one another and by doing that, the wolves (whichever side they are on) could swing things and continue to pick us off.

The only thing we have going for us is that the seer should be able to pick up a werewolf or two in the next few days, because the odds are getting better and better.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #664
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
My feeling is this. I think eaglesfan is the brutal wolf, why do you ask. My assumption is that Qwik was trying to mess with us by putting eaglesfan on his list and then voting for him when it was already to late.

Does the cultist see which person is the brutal wolf or do they just see wolf?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #665
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Does the cultist see which person is the brutal wolf or do they just see wolf?
Only the dead know.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:23 PM   #666
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Wow - this is getting pretty ugly for the villagers.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #667
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Apparently Qwikshot took most of the discussion with him to his grave, it's so quiet you can hear a werewolf pounce in this thread.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #668
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
Wow - this is getting pretty ugly for the villagers.

This post was #666 of this thread.

Cool.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:43 PM   #669
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Apparently Qwikshot took most of the discussion with him to his grave, it's so quiet you can hear a werewolf pounce in this thread.

Ya.. no kidding. Guess I better start formulating opinions again. Was hoping my comments would spur some people to chat and come up with some fresh ideas and thoughts.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #670
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
This post was #666 of this thread.

Cool.

If the game was hunt for the devil, you'd be dead tonight.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #671
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Everyone who sparks a discussion gets lynched, can you blame them for being quiet? .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #672
KevinNU7
College Starter

*crickets*
Old 06-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #673
Swaggs
Coordinator

The only things I feel like I know are that Airhog is not a werewolf sympathizer and that Eaglesfan27 either clearly is a werewolf or clearly is not (depending on whether or not Qwikshot thought reverse psychology would work on us). That's a 1 of 2 choice to me right now, while everyone else is a 1 of 11 (taking myself and Airhog out of my consideration). Any thoughts?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #674
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

The Dead can Dance, they can't speak...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #675
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Here are the 6 that Qwik picked: KevinNU7, Eaglesfan27,NoMyths, Lathum, GWB, BrianD.
I'm not a wolf, and GWB is dead. KevinNU and NoMyths jumped up and voted for Qwik right after he made his list. Eaglesfan and Lathum joined in later. GWB, Mustang and I voted elsewhere. Condors got a few votes and Desnudo got a few votes. ntndeacon was the only one to vote for Jon.

I thought ntndeacon was a wolf earlier, and now I'm thinking that his solo vote for Jon makes him look more like a wolf. His vote seemed completely random and designed to avoid notice since he didn't follow any of the other groups. I think he was trying to avoid notice.

I vote ntndeacon
Old 06-28-2005, 02:11 PM   #676
Swaggs
Coordinator

Actually, adjusting over what I said before, I guess everyone else is probably more like 2 or 3 (depending on how many wolves there are) out of 11, so I guess the odds are a little closer than I originally placed them.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #677
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

What I meant last night is that we can not rule out the 6 on Qwik's list out of hand, just because he was the cultist. Several others have said basically the same thing. Y'all are right that Qwik gave the list when it wasn't clear who was going to be lynched. It is his harking back to his list once it WAS clear he was going to be lynched that makes me nervous abous some of the people on the list. He had to know it was a possibility at the point he made the list. (I think he had a couple of votes already.)
As for my singular for for Jon, well I was not here long afterward. I was convinced that Jon was a werewolf. However after reading some of the posts as to what others were thinking I could see myself changing my vote, if I had gotten back soon enough.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #678
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well since my voting for someone who has not been mentioned up until that point, I will vote this time for someone who has been mentioned on several occasions. At least until i see a more likely suspect.
I vote Desnudo
Old 06-28-2005, 03:06 PM   #679
Desnudo
Coordinator

I think ntndeacon and Eaglesfan are the most likely suspects at this point, although if you asked me to base something on anything other than intuition, I'd have to admit there's not much to go on.

I also think that if we fail to get a werewolf tonight, and someone also gets eaten, that we are nearly lost. So it's important to take the time to make the right decision.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #680
Jon
High School Varsity

While I'm not sure who I'm voting for, my gut tells me that EaglesFan is not a wolf.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #681
Raven
College Prospect

Man, I was I had joined this. Looks like a lot of fun.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:57 PM   #682
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a little skeptical of ntndeacon at this point.. There was the initial agreement by 3 of us on the content of Qwik's list. NTN seemed to be trying to steer us towards the people on the list as werewolves and then quickly backtracked when called on it and changed his tune. I think he was putting out feelers on if anyone would still believe in this list and get some backers. I would have expected that his wolf companions would have jumped in to help but, given the lack of response today, the other wolves may not have seen his comments yet.. Of course, now that probably won't happen as he has been questioned and accused by a few people.

For now, I'll have to go with the lone odd comments of the current day and

Vote NTNDeacon

Barring any new revelations that I hope will still come as we have what.. 4 hours left to vote???
Old 06-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #683
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hm.. although, odd that Desnudo just brought up NTNDeacon's name right after NTN voted for him... With a NTN having a few votes, is Desnudo trying to steer us towards NTN?

I'll have to relook at past voting...
Old 06-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #684
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know if this means anything, but ntndeacon voted for Desnudo after I voted for ntndeacon. It is possible that Desnudo jumped on ntndeacon since he alread had a vote.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:35 PM   #685
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Seeing both went guns blazing...and since there is a deadlock, I really can't decide between NoMyths and Shorty...cheese pizza is cooking for me.

Vote: Shorty

Don't really think it's NoMyths, Shorty got highly defensive, the only guy really defending him is BrianD, so I at least see a support group there, NoMyths no one has spoken up for, so I'm guessing he's just a lowly villager.
This makes me highly suspicious of Nomyths.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM   #686
Swaggs
Coordinator

Are seers and sorcerers revealed when they die?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #687
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I don't know if this means anything, but ntndeacon voted for Desnudo after I voted for ntndeacon. It is possible that Desnudo jumped on ntndeacon since he alread had a vote.
Plus it probably annoyed Desnudo that this is the second time I voted for him.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:39 PM   #688
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I believe everything but cursed is revealed when you die, Swaggs.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:42 PM   #689
Airhog
Captain Obvious

A few other reasons that Makes Nomyths suspicious.

1. He defends eaglesfan as being just a villager, and that Qwikshot would never vote for a wolf.

2. He stated before that he was actively looking for the seer. He says it's for guidance, but I believe that he wants to eat him.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #690
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog

1. He defends eaglesfan as being just a villager, and that Qwikshot would never vote for a wolf.

2. He stated before that he was actively looking for the seer. He says it's for guidance, but I believe that he wants to eat him.

Could be. I've been a little curious myself....
Old 06-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #691
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog

These are good points--particularly the second one.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #692
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Everyone who sparks a discussion gets lynched, can you blame them for being quiet? .

Ah, spreading your wolvish lies into other threads, eh?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #693
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Are you kidding me???

I was the first person to vote for Qwikshot--the only evil person we've correctly targeted yet. Throughout this whole game I've been consistently vocal in leading the charge against suspicious characters...in fact, the only success we've had has been because of me targeting Qwik at pretty large risk to myself.

As far as trying to get our attention focused on how the seer might be trying to give us hints, I specifically concealed any information that might point to his identity, trying to protect him. If I was trying to kill him, I wouldn't have bothered.

Meanwhile, Airhog, you've been uniquely responsible for the death of one innocent. All game I've had fire on me, and I've kept trying to win things for our side. If you ask me, it's been working against us that you keep trying to target me. By now the seer has already verified that I'm not a wolf. If it wouldn't hurt our chances, I'd lynch you just out of spite for consistently leading us in the wrong direction.

I said that I felt Eagles was probably not a wolf. Probably. He's certainly raised some questions, but I've got bigger questions about others. However, as we can once again see, me leading the charge only seems to get me in hot water, even when I'm right. Fine. Y'all take over the analysis. I'll vote how you want me to. Sticking my neck out isn't worth a puddle of piss.

The only success we've had has been directly because of me. But do what you want.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #694
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Seems NoMyths has been relatively quiet since the opening days and the near lynching...
Old 06-28-2005, 04:56 PM   #695
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

dola...

And since I might be out tonight, I'll go ahead and vote for one of the quieter folks that I've been suspicious about.

I vote ntndeacon
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:58 PM   #696
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So much for NoMyths being quiet.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:10 PM   #697
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Now to my reason for voting for Desnudo. I suspected him early on as he began to accuse several people of being a wolf. He did do this in a joking manner, but accusing several people at the time was suspicious. If it had just been me or just been condors, I could have just ignored it. Of course that made the votes of condor and myself "getting back at Desnudo." And after Airhog was exposed as the Duke there was no one credible that had voted for him. Now, we get to the next vote. 3 people vote for Desnudo. Condors, who still holds a percieved grudge, and two new folks that do not have a percieved grudge against him. GWB and BrianD. Of course who is next to go? One of the two. GWB's killing of Condor was an unexpected bonus.
Finally, it is clear that his earlyvotes have all been seen to be not werewolves. There maybe others who have this distinction, I don't know, but here are his votes.
Day 1...Airhog (the Duke)
Day 2 ...Airhog (the Duke) I will admit that practically everyone voted here so not much support is gained from this vote.
Day 3...Condors (villager) perhops GWB's errant killing can have a silver lining here.
Day 4...me (villager) I realize this isn't known by a lot of us yet, but it is true none the less. I assume 3-6 folks know I am not a wolf at least. the 2 original wolves, a possible 2 additional cursed wolves, a possible brutal wolf not a part of the two, and me. (Although I was under the assumtion that one of the 2 original wolves would be brutal, but icould be wrong there.)
Old 06-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #698
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ok, I am reading through the posts before I leave work and I am going to mull things over on my ride home. I'll vote when I get there.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #699
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
Day 3...Condors (villager) perhops GWB's errant killing can have a silver lining here.

How is that? Because Desnudo had to pick a new target?

I think you lost me on the last part though? (#4)
Old 06-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #700
McSweeny
College Starter

man i guess i shouldn't have waited around to use my witness powers huh?

Perhaps Qwikshot put 6 innocnets in his list so he'd effectively waste the seer's viewings on a bunch of villagers
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote