Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #851
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I have to go to lunch with my soon to be new boss. I also have to do some orientation things. I might not be back online until this evening as a result. However, I'm positive that I should be back on at least an hour before the lynching to consider all of the new evidence in this thread.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #852
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ok, after JON casted his vote based on my spelling I felt compelled to take a close look at his reasons. The werewolves have been making seemingly random kills throughout and have been very lucky. All of the roleplayers are dead except the bodyguard and maybe the cursed, the bodyguard is a very valuable asset to us villagers. Killing the sorcerer was a setback for the wolves, and now they are probably scheming to try and get the bodyguard lynched.

Now the point was made about me getting killed first last game so I MUST have some kind of role as a reward, I don’t agree with this logic but I can understand the thought process behind it. If the wolves subscribe to this theory then they must be sure I am the bodyguard and they are trying to cast suspicion on me. Up until now I think they left me alone because they suspected me as the sorcerer, now that the sorcerer is dead they think I am the bodyguard. If they feel I have a role it has to be the cursed or the bodyguard. Only the wolves know if the cursed was already attacked, I find this very unsettling because if the cursed was attacked the wolves numbers are even greater and they are the only ones who would be able to make a better guess as to who the bodyguard is.

My philosophy is that the wolves think I am the bodyguard and want the villagers to lynch me, then they get another kill tonight and they will be dominating us.

I think they are trying to put this plan into motion with Jon’s vote early. Then in a few hours one of the other wolves speaks up and tries to get the mob mentality going. Then a few hours later another wolf speaks up, they want to space it out so it doesn’t look suspicious, and by Jon voting so early that allows them to do that.

.Jon was the first one to act and vote extremely early for me, this sticks out like a sore thumb if you ask me. Jon’s pattern has been to sit back and take in information then vote, he has changed twice, usually after the vote has pretty much been decided and has always voted for the majority. For him to single me out and vote so early is very strange.

I think I owe eaglesfan an apology, I’m not sure if he is innocent but it seems to me Jon is up to something. He only posted once in the first 165 posts, didn’t want to draw attention to himself? Then he started posting once the talk shifted to lynching shorty, then he became very active when comments started to fly about being cautois of quite people. He also has changed his vote twice, both times changing to the majority, is that so he doesn’t piss anyone off?

If you want to vote for me based on suspiscouns you have then it is your choice to make that mistake, but at this critical point I think it is silly to base your vote on someone’s poor spelling. We need to be very carefull here. Based on everything I see

I VOTE FOR JON

I didn’t want to have to vote this early, but this vote is so crucial I felt the need to bring these points to light then back them up with my vote. The history of this game is not very good for people who speak out early, but this is the most important vote we have had so we need to get it right.

Last edited by Lathum : 06-29-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:31 AM   #853
KWhit
Coordinator

I have 2 people that I am looking at closely right now.

I'm suspicious of anyone who jumps on a post and twists it to throw suspicion on them. The latest was by Jon who tried to twist an obvious typo or misspelling (eatin vs. eaten) into a clue that Lathum is a wolf. The context of the statement made it obvious what he was trying to say. Anybody could see that. But Jon chose to make it into a big clue. Strange.

The other example of this I pointed out last night by ntndeacon. I'll post it again here. Maybe I just didn't follow his reasoning, but it seems like a stretch to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
Now to my reason for voting for Desnudo. I suspected him early on as he began to accuse several people of being a wolf. He did do this in a joking manner, but accusing several people at the time was suspicious. If it had just been me or just been condors, I could have just ignored it. Of course that made the votes of condor and myself "getting back at Desnudo." And after Airhog was exposed as the Duke there was no one credible that had voted for him. Now, we get to the next vote. 3 people vote for Desnudo. Condors, who still holds a percieved grudge, and two new folks that do not have a percieved grudge against him. GWB and BrianD. Of course who is next to go? One of the two. GWB's killing of Condor was an unexpected bonus.
Finally, it is clear that his earlyvotes have all been seen to be not werewolves. There maybe others who have this distinction, I don't know, but here are his votes.
Day 1...Airhog (the Duke)
Day 2 ...Airhog (the Duke) I will admit that practically everyone voted here so not much support is gained from this vote.
Day 3...Condors (villager) perhops GWB's errant killing can have a silver lining here.
Day 4...me (villager) I realize this isn't known by a lot of us yet, but it is true none the less. I assume 3-6 folks know I am not a wolf at least. the 2 original wolves, a possible 2 additional cursed wolves, a possible brutal wolf not a part of the two, and me. (Although I was under the assumtion that one of the 2 original wolves would be brutal, but icould be wrong there.)

He admitted later that he did it just to get out of hot water and get the heat off of himself.

Quote:
I was trying hard. I was under the gun already at this point. I knew that I had not contributed much to the discussion either.

So did we change our minds about ntndeacon too rashly?

I personally think that both of these guys could be werewolves, but I'd bet that at least one of them is.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #854
KWhit
Coordinator

Hehe. Didn't see Lathum's post before I posted mine.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #855
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

*L*

Ping:KWhit your box is full? Been getting alot of private messages there lately have we KWhit???

I did notice that the poster has 1 post. Now, either a wolf was trying to send a message to KWhit and his box was really full and couldn't put their own ping out there so, had to create a new userid OR one of the wolves is trying to be really creative in trying to point to KWhit.. I didn't send a PM to KWhit to test if his box is really full as I believe that would really be cheating since players can not PM each other. If KWhit was a Wolf, another Wolf would not have to be the smartest to do something like this and really point out KWhit...

I have to believe it is the former and not the later.. Plus, I'm stuck between thinking that tactic was ingenious or kinda cheesy..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #856
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

No Kwhit. I did not admit to JUST to get myself out of hot water. Was that a reason for me posting more, yes, but it wasn't the only reason. Even in the second post you quote I mention two reasons there. I had not said much of any consequence was the second, and more important reason. Also, I knew for a fact the folks voting for me were wrong. Plus it wasn't like I hadn't voted for Desnudo before.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #857
KWhit
Coordinator

And no, my PM box is not full. And it hasn't been full recently. Looks like the wolves have me targeted for a set up. Pretty good tactic, actually.

They probably see me as vulnerable since I'm on Airhog's new list and I'm being vocal again. Being vocal seems to be the kiss of death in this game.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #858
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Being vocal seems to be the kiss of death in this game.

No denying that. The funny thing is a recurring theme in this game is to be cautious of the quiet people, then the ones who speak out get lynched. Does that strike anyone else as odd?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #859
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

You guys shouldn't be peeking at inboxes...I don't think that is kosher.

Just my .02 cents.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #860
KWhit
Coordinator

I thought I remembered addressing this issue in the first game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit in Werewolf game 1
Sounds like PMing is going to be important for the wolves in this game. So before roles are assigned, everyone make sure you have plenty of space in your PM box.

Seems like it might be a dead giveaway if someone were to post "PING: So-and-so. Your PM box is full."

Talk about using my own words against me! I gave somebody a great idea.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #861
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I thought I remembered addressing this issue in the first game:

Talk about using my own words against me! I gave somebody a great idea.

Ahh... but half the fun of the game is having people use your words against you. Now you know how Tom Cruise feels..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-29-2005, 02:23 PM   #862
Swaggs
Coordinator

Does anyone feel like the seer has tried to send us a message yet?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #863
KevinNU7
College Starter

Lathum didn't mention the seer in his big rant which made me think he was the seer
Old 06-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #864
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Ahh... but half the fun of the game is having people use your words against you. Now you know how Tom Cruise feels..

You mean Katie Holmes. Oh wait! You said HOW he feels. That would be the electric moonbeams that go through the talky box that shows his movies.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #865
Desnudo
Coordinator

I see a couple of possible factions right now. One might contain KWhit and Lathum, the other is led by Jon. Now which one is good and which one is evil? I have to admit that so far the points seem to be stacking up against Jon. His voting record is especially odd. However, I'd like to hear some more discussion.

And you all realize that we almost got the sorcerer on day 1? I swear if Get Shorty wasn't such a cool phrase, this game would have turned out differently.

Last edited by Desnudo : 06-29-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #866
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
Hehe.

And here I thought I was being too obvious. Stupid wolves.

5 days later you finally go down!!!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #867
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
5 days later you finally go down!!!

Bitter corpses.

Told you that we should have burned them.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #868
KevinNU7
College Starter

Well everyone I am heading out of the office and most likely won't psot again tonight. For the sake of us villagers I hope that does not make me a suspect, but there isn't much I can do about it. At this time I can not place a vote on anyone and actually feel comfortable about it so it looks like I may go two nights in a row without voting. Man that looks bad. Oh well better then randomly voting for someone for no reason.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:57 PM   #869
Desnudo
Coordinator

If you would like, I'll vote for you.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #870
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Well everyone I am heading out of the office and most likely won't psot again tonight. For the sake of us villagers I hope that does not make me a suspect, but there isn't much I can do about it. At this time I can not place a vote on anyone and actually feel comfortable about it so it looks like I may go two nights in a row without voting. Man that looks bad. Oh well better then randomly voting for someone for no reason.

Now that he is gone...

Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #871
Jon
High School Varsity

A few things:
(1) I posted early b/c I had an extremely brutual case on, again, today, so I wanted to post very quickly based upon my observations.
(2) For the most part, I've been going with the flow. My explanations may not be entirely clear, but if I have a strong belief that someone is not the wolf, then I tend to go with the flow.
(3) As for suspicions of me, Lathum voted for me b/c he's a wolf. His misspelling is a Freudian slip, if you will.

The way I see things, I'm either going to be lynched or lunch.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #872
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Lathum didn't mention the seer in his big rant which made me think he was the seer
Honest mistake, either way, bodyguard or seer the wolves would want me dead.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #873
Swaggs
Coordinator

Without giving specifics, I think there is a good bit of evidence that suggests that Jon is a wolf. I'm voting for one of two people today that I feel have strong signs and since it seems like today some other people are keying in on the same clues that I am, I vote for Jon.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #874
Jon
High School Varsity

You have several choices: you can either vote for the wolf Lathum (and subsequently pay attention to those who didn't vote for him, as they are likely wolves as well) which would eliminate one wolf and start to turn the tide in favor of the villagers or you can follow the wolf bandwagon and vote me out, which would ultimately result in losing two villagers tonite. Or you can pick someone entirely different and run the risk of picking yet another villager.

I may not be home in enough time to see how the bandwagon goes. But, I will say this: I didn't vote for NoMyths (and argued enough to swing the vote) or GWB because they weren't wolves. I would never vote for EaglesFan or Nequa, because they are not wolves. I'm voting Lathum, b/c he's a wolf. Granted, I had some votes wrong (like everyone else), and I didn't know NoMyths was a sorcerer. . . but you can't see everything.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #875
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But, I will say this: I didn't vote for NoMyths (and argued enough to swing the vote) or GWB because they weren't wolves.

Hindsight is 20/20

Last I checked we haven't had much success voting for wolves. This is our chance to get it right.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:59 PM   #876
Jon
High School Varsity

And we'll get it right by voting Lathum....
Old 06-29-2005, 04:10 PM   #877
Swaggs
Coordinator

Unvote Jon for now, while I read back through.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:19 PM   #878
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm... some very interesting developments lately. I'm going to re-read through the thread, but I'm fairly sure who I am voting for.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #879
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
but you can't see everything.

Is he trying to tell us something?

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:41 PM   #880
Airhog
Captain Obvious

gotta run to eat dinner, but when I get back, I will do a full review of the latest developments

Old 06-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #881
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Is he trying to tell us something?

At this point, that is what I am measuring.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:02 PM   #882
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
At this point, that is what I am measuring.

You're not the only one.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #883
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Definitely not the only one. I tend to believe him. I wasn't going to call attention to his post, but this has already been done. I know some of what he said is true, and I suspect it is all true. Everything I've read in this thread, has me more convinced that I'm making the correct choice than any of my other votes.

I vote Lathum
Old 06-29-2005, 05:09 PM   #884
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

This is quite a interesting time in this game.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:14 PM   #885
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
but you can't see everything.

give me a break, how obvious could he be. I stand by my vote, and I base it on more then a spelling error.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #886
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I have doubts about Jon, Lathum & NTN (still at this point). The going back and forth between Jon and Lathum today seems a little odd as it was 2 people that have not even mentioned each other now, all of a sudden.. Jon started with the Eatin' statement which was weak but, jumped straight to the 'see' statement right away but, was it too strong? Seems like if he is the seer (Let's all admit it, that's what we are thinking) he might want to protect himself a little more and build an argument. Although, if he is the seer, I could see the importance of wanting to get it out in the open. We were already having doubts on Lathum. I think today is the most I've seen Lathum talk.. except for the first game/first day where he was lynched.

Like I stated before, if tonight is wrong..

Still alot of people button lipped around unfortunately.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:30 PM   #887
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Seems the absolutely ONLY logic I can come up with is -

1.) Jon could be a brutal wolf, wants us to kill an innocent and then kill him.. he effectively takes out 2 of us.

OR

2.) Jon is the seer and Lathum is indeed a Werewolf.

We really need to get one tonight. If Lathum is an innocent, I would strongly recommend against not lynching Jon until the end. If he is the brutal werewolf and the last one taken out, it won't matter.

Having said that, we are helped either way I believe as we eliminate 2 voting options because we will know what Jon is either way.

Vote Lathum
Old 06-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #888
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I have doubts about Jon, Lathum & NTN (still at this point). The going back and forth between Jon and Lathum today seems a little odd as it was 2 people that have not even mentioned each other now, all of a sudden.. Jon started with the Eatin' statement which was weak but, jumped straight to the 'see' statement right away but, was it too strong? Seems like if he is the seer (Let's all admit it, that's what we are thinking) he might want to protect himself a little more and build an argument. Although, if he is the seer, I could see the importance of wanting to get it out in the open. We were already having doubts on Lathum. I think today is the most I've seen Lathum talk.. except for the first game/first day where he was lynched.

Like I stated before, if tonight is wrong..

Still alot of people button lipped around unfortunately.

Darn board error made me lose a long well thought out post. I'll attempt to recreate it:

You are right, there is no need to beat around the bush. I think Jon is the seer. His message clearly indicates info about several people that he viewed. All of those viewings make sense because they were all people under scrutiny at some point. He says I'm not a wolf and I know I'm not a wolf. I think all of the viewing information is accurate.

Why would he reveal that he is the seer now? Well, because there might be 4 or 5 wolves out there. If there are, we can not afford another error as it could end the game. Now is the time of the game, where I think the seer HAS to be more obvious if we haven't picked up on any subtle clues before.

Also, in reviewing Lathum's posts, it is clear that he has carefully raised suspicions against several innocents before slipping back under the radar. He has played the part of the werewolf very well (as have all of the wolves since they are all alive.) I feel more confident of this vote, than any other vote in this particular game. Hopefully, we all get this correct tonight.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:35 PM   #889
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Definitely not the only one. I tend to believe him. I wasn't going to call attention to his post, but this has already been done. I know some of what he said is true, and I suspect it is all true. Everything I've read in this thread, has me more convinced that I'm making the correct choice than any of my other votes.

I vote Lathum

The only thing I am worried about now is Jon making himself look "too much" like the seer. That is a good defensive/sacrifice move to get us to lynch another villager tonight and allow the werewolves to kill another one of us tonight. That would be a 2-1 trade after we kill him tomorrow, with it being the werewolves turn again. Throw in the option of him potentially being the brutal wolf (which would be wise of the wolves to do if they were going to sacrifce one of their own), and it could be a 3-1 or 4-1 tradeoff. That could potentially end the game for us tomorrow.

Probably too much for me to say outloud, but we are real close to losing this game. We need to make the right move for sure tonight.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:38 PM   #890
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
The only thing I am worried about now is Jon making himself look "too much" like the seer. That is a good defensive/sacrifice move to get us to lynch another villager tonight and allow the werewolves to kill another one of us tonight. That would be a 2-1 trade after we kill him tomorrow, with it being the werewolves turn again. Throw in the option of him potentially being the brutal wolf (which would be wise of the wolves to do if they were going to sacrifce one of their own), and it could be a 3-1 or 4-1 tradeoff. That could potentially end the game for us tomorrow.

Probably too much for me to say outloud, but we are real close to losing this game. We need to make the right move for sure tonight.

I agree with everything you just said. There is definitely that risk that Jon is faking us out. However, I think the Seer HAS to be obvious at this point. From viewing all of the posts in this thread, my gut tells me he is the seer. I hope I'm not wrong.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #891
Swaggs
Coordinator

The voting history is making me think that Jon is not the seer.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:44 PM   #892
Desnudo
Coordinator

I find it odd that Jon went from a spelling error to a strong argument in such a short time. Although that could be chalked up to a badly botched attempt at avoiding revealing himself as the seer. However his argument came about, it does make some good points.

If it was earlier in the game then the decision wouldn't matter nearly as much, but if we get this one wrong, it's pretty much curtains for the villagers. I still need to think things over.

Brutal wolf or not, a wolf needs to go tonight.

Last edited by Desnudo : 06-29-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #893
Swaggs
Coordinator

I missed EF's and Mustang's posts before, since mine appeared as the last one.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking the way I am.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:58 PM   #894
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I agree with everything you just said. There is definitely that risk that Jon is faking us out. However, I think the Seer HAS to be obvious at this point. From viewing all of the posts in this thread, my gut tells me he is the seer. I hope I'm not wrong.
The seer being obvious would be suicide. It is much more likely he is a wolf trying to look like the seer,. Jon knows at this point we are analyzing every detail, such as spelling errors. He knows someone would pick up on this and he made some comments. If he were the seer he would be commiting suicide because the wolves would target him at some point and they are close to winning. If I am lynched Jon knows the wolves have another kill tonight and the lynching tomorrow, that could be a 3-1 swing and goodnight for us villegars.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:01 PM   #895
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Us getting one wrong, would end the seer's life most likely as the wolves would overwhelm us very soon. Yes, the seer is putting himself in danger by revealing himself, but he would be doing so for the greater good of possibly helping the humans to win. Furthermore, IF there is a bodyguard left, I'm sure he would protect Jon if you end up being a werewolf Lathum.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 PM   #896
Airhog
Captain Obvious

but at this point in the game, it would almost make sense to give it away, especially if one more villager gets lynched and the game is over...Just food for thought.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 PM   #897
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Us getting one wrong, would end the seer's life most likely as the wolves would overwhelm us very soon. Yes, the seer is putting himself in danger by revealing himself, but he would be doing so for the greater good of possibly helping the humans to win. Furthermore, IF there is a bodyguard left, I'm sure he would protect Jon if you end up being a werewolf Lathum.
Don't be so sure Jon will be protected
Old 06-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #898
Swaggs
Coordinator

I just can't see the seer trying to out themselves like Jon did and I think the voting patterns support that. If I'm wrong, we're screwed big time. But if he is a wolf and we kill someone else this time, it could end the game. I'm going to take a chance. I vote Jon.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #899
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

If you end up being a wolf, it would be crazy for the bodyguard to not protect Jon (if there is even a bodyguard in this game.)
Old 06-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #900
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm thinking the same way. The choice for the seer is really the lesser of two evils. Although saying you're the seer doesn't make it so.

Last edited by Desnudo : 06-29-2005 at 06:06 PM.