Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #901
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
1)this is not incorrect

2)this is not incorrect

3)he certainly did...numerous times...he offered himself, and offered zero resistance when he was placed on the "scan list"....you on the other hand, showed regret at the possibility of being scanned

4)no he didnt...he wanted people to vote for dodgerchick...the only reason he is voting for you is because no one wanted to follow him and more people were picking you without his, or anyone elses, encouragement.

nice defense...next time actually try having your facts straight....you keep saying you arent a wolf, but half-truths like this are the staples of wolves trying to get themselves off the hook

1+2) This is not incorrect? you mean I am correct? Trying to make me look worse by using a double negative?

3+4) He implicated me and dodgerchick...the reason why dodgerchick is implicated is because she DEFENDED me. If she defended me then that means I had to of already been accused. Second, those two words were brought up by Lathum *cough* wolf *cough*.

Saldana...and to a lesser extent claph. You will be looked at as a wolf when you kill me because I cleared both of you...and then you turn your back on me....if I were a wolf. I would have picked a non-wolf and scanned them as a wolf.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #902
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
If they are wolf scans and I am a wolf...then why didnt I hop on board? You deny information by mere assumption that they are wolf scans...This is ridiculous. I hope you are sorry tonight at 10.
I don't think you understand what I was saying. You've been throwing around numbers about how many times a particular person has come up a wolf, but in aggregate that's a meaningless number. The value that the scans have is in telling us about the seers now (not the scanned), and the scanned only later, when we have some idea of the accuracy of our seers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
That seems a bit hyperbolic.
For today, it's true.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #903
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I agree with you there, my main concern is that I think Lathum's had a lot of positive contributions in the short time that this game has been underway, and I'm not thrilled about losing him. In particular, I don't like the way that he's been maneuvered into being the "best information" candidate. I don't know that there's anything untoward there, but there's good cover for it.

What do you mean, "maneuvered"?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #904
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with you there, my main concern is that I think Lathum's had a lot of positive contributions in the short time that this game has been underway, and I'm not thrilled about losing him. In particular, I don't like the way that he's been maneuvered into being the "best information" candidate. I don't know that there's anything untoward there, but there's good cover for it.

Can you elaborate on that? What positive contributions has he brought?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #905
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
What do you mean, "maneuvered"?

Was Lathum put up as one of the proposed scan-ees on day 1, or did he just happen to catch more scans than anyone else?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 02-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #906
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
First things first...I scanned Chief Rum. I am always leary of someone who is trying to be overly helpful, i feel that he is covering up for something. Chief came up as a student.

Next, let's not all jump on the lynching Lathum bandwagon just yet. Remember none of us really know our success rate, plus we are banking on everyone telling the truth. There is probably a wolf or two out there that has already lied and either told us that someone was a student when they weren't...or didn't tell us exactly who he/she scanned.

Scan away monterey (okay, that cracked me up earlier). I'll take as many scans as it takes.

And, yeah, ntndeacon and I pretty much came to the same conclusion about the worth of having two wolf scans on Lathum right now, and that was before two additional people (at the point of this post) had come out showing him as a villager.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #907
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I don't think you understand what I was saying. You've been throwing around numbers about how many times a particular person has come up a wolf, but in aggregate that's a meaningless number. The value that the scans have is in telling us about the seers now (not the scanned), and the scanned only later, when we have some idea of the accuracy of our seers.

The only way for us to glean the accuracy is for people to turn up dead. Do you think the wolves are going to do us a favor and kill somebody with multiple scans on them?

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #908
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Can you elaborate on that? What positive contributions has he brought?
I think the skepticism about nfg's grand plan was very well-founded, and it convinced me that I was probably better off working on my own as far as who I scanned. He at least appears to be thinking seriously about the best way for the villagers to play the game.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #909
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The only way for us to glean the accuracy is for people to turn up dead. Do you think the wolves are going to do us a favor and kill somebody with multiple scans on them?

No...they will vote for me...
Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #910
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, which is not to say that I think other people haven't been thinking seriously. nfg's idea was certainly a reasonable one to propose initially, even though I don't think the negative points about it were ever adequately addressed.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #911
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief just to clear things up...you scanned Lathum last night and he came up as a wolf. But back on post 113 you said you scanned him in N0 and he came up a student. Am I reading that correctly?

Yes, although, of course, I didn't actually choose Lathum on N0. I have also been adamant about the worth of N0 scans (put them in a bucket and what do you have? a bucket), so I put absolutely no meaning (good or bad) into that N0 scan of Lathum or of anyone on anyone else's.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #912
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Mr. W. that isnt a contribution. He only said I didnt have a plan that would work. He didnt propose one. We need to organize. Thats my plan.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #913
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Was Lathum put up as one of the proposed scan-ees on day 1, or did he just happen to catch more scans than anyone else?

I think grey chose them, choosing the first four people to sign up for the game?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #914
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think the skepticism about nfg's grand plan was very well-founded, and it convinced me that I was probably better off working on my own as far as who I scanned. He at least appears to be thinking seriously about the best way for the villagers to play the game.

Do you mean grey's plan?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #915
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think grey chose them, choosing the first four people to sign up for the game?

I think this is correct. The groups were done alphabetical, and the scan targets were in order of sign up. Seemed a reasonable solution.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #916
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yes, although, of course, I didn't actually choose Lathum on N0. I have also been adamant about the worth of N0 scans (put them in a bucket and what do you have? a bucket), so I put absolutely no meaning (good or bad) into that N0 scan of Lathum or of anyone on anyone else's.

Chief, I already answered that like two minutes after he asked it! I got your back, dude. Uh, just don't worry about how my vote was on you most of the day...I got your back. Yeah.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #917
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I wasn't implicating you on anything, I just wasn't sure if I was reading it right or you were just clowning with me.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #918
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am now going to bow out of this game. I learned after the first one there is no point.

Once I return villager tonight look at DC and nfg22 as well as Render, NTN and ChiefRum.

I hope you're just being overly whiny and dramatic here. It would take more than three wolf scans for me to vote for you in a game like this. Thought you had more fight in you than this.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #919
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I meant I am not going to sink a ton of time and energy in my defense. Last incarnation of this game 2 people scanned me wolf the same night and I got lynched and I was a villager that game as well.

You know as well as I do what happens when mob mentality takes over. 3 people have claimed to have scanned me as a wolf, my odds of succesfully defending myself eventhough there is convincing evidence is slim to none. People are going to need an excuse to lynch someone.

Two people also scanned you as a villager. Man, it's like you're Tampa Devil Ray in May.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #920
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Chief, Lathum said that almost 11 hours ago. If you keep reading you will notice that he didn't bow out.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #921
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Everyone has some ability in this game and to be honest, I think a lot of these scans today are coming up wolf and statistically are balancing out the day 0 scans that peth sent out.

Bull. I don't know how the final numbers will come out when I catch up, but as of this post, it was 8 villager votes and 6 wolf votes. That's pretty close to what you would expect in a game where average accuracy is 50% and 25% of the field are wolves.

The N0 scans have nothing to do with today's scans. And unless you believe we rolled the lottery with the N0 scans, there was funny business going on that night. All scans came up villager--you have any idea how improbable that is?

Old 02-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #922
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I hope you're just being overly whiny and dramatic here. It would take more than three wolf scans for me to vote for you in a game like this. Thought you had more fight in you than this.
And yet for the better part of the day the whine worked. Just saying...
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #923
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, Lathum said that almost 11 hours ago. If you keep reading you will notice that he didn't bow out.

Actually my response has nothing to do with his intent to bow out. It was with his crappy attitude. But thanks for letting me know.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #924
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wasn't implicating you on anything, I just wasn't sure if I was reading it right or you were just clowning with me.

lol, nope, no clowning. It just worked out with GRF's plan that I was to scan the same person I already had. Even if I accepted the N0 scans as legit, it is entirely likely to have those split scans by the same person of the same person.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #925
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The N0 scans have nothing to do with today's scans. And unless you believe we rolled the lottery with the N0 scans, there was funny business going on that night. All scans came up villager--you have any idea how improbable that is?

You are making one assumption that I am not sure we can make...we cannot be entirely sure that people were telling the truth with their N0 scans.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #926
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Are we tied or does Lathum have one less vote than nfg?

Earlier I voted for nfg on a whim and now it'll look stupid if I vote for Lathum but it actually makes a little bit more sense to vote for him than nfg at this point. I'd like to stay out of this one because I don't really know about these two, but I think I'll go ahead and put a vote on Lathum.

unvote no lynch
vote lathum
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #927
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
no way.

Agreed. path wouldn't do something that obvious.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #928
st.cronin
General Manager

I think its tied now.

nfg22 - 7 - Pumpy Tudors(598), Bsak16(628), MikeVic (757), claphamsa (770), Lathum (830), oliegirl (865), saldana (866)
Lathum - 7 - nfg22 (787), Barkeep49 (791), DodgerChick (800), Passacaglia (880), st.cronin (882), RendeR (887), mauboy1 (926)
No Lynch - 2 - The Jackal (736), SnDvls (762)
Passacaglia - 1 - ntndeacon(738)
Dodgerchick - 1 - jeheinz72 (764)

No vote: Chief Rum, Mr. Wednesday

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #929
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Wasnt I the one who also promoted throwing those scans out, even though they help the wolves? Didn't I also help with some minor statistics at the beggining? The one thing I did wrong, was sa the words "even though". Because of those two words, I am not ahead of Lathum who could help us the most and looks just as suspicious as me. Basically someone show me what I did.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #930
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Are we tied or does Lathum have one less vote than nfg?

Earlier I voted for nfg on a whim and now it'll look stupid if I vote for Lathum but it actually makes a little bit more sense to vote for him than nfg at this point. I'd like to stay out of this one because I don't really know about these two, but I think I'll go ahead and put a vote on Lathum.

unvote no lynch
vote lathum
I don't follow. I don't think changing one's mind is stupid. It's just that I'm not sure what has changed your mind.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #931
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

When Lathum gets lynched and comes up clean...there are going to be a lot of people with a lot explaining to do.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #932
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Wasnt I the one who also promoted throwing those scans out, even though they help the wolves? Didn't I also help with some minor statistics at the beggining? The one thing I did wrong, was sa the words "even though". Because of those two words, I am not ahead of Lathum who could help us the most and looks just as suspicious as me. Basically someone show me what I did.
The even though woman is voting for the other person. Don't get too hung up on those words having doomed you.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #933
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
When Lathum gets lynched and comes up clean...there are going to be a lot of people with a lot explaining to do.
Really? Why?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #934
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Im not sold on NFG22 he seems like a n00b who is just playing poorly.... but thats just me. someone has to go....

Perhaps this has been illustrated further along, but this doesn't make sense to me at this point. I think nfg22 has been playing pretty well and been helpful. When I was putting up numbers and suggestions Sunday night, he was the one who I was bouncing them off of, and his POV seemed entirely reasonable. I didn't read anything yesterday (or thus far today) that makes me think otherwise.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #935
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I trust my scan that nfg22 is a wolf, but maybe more info will come out.

You shouldn't. I certainly don't trust my scan.

There is only one group that should trust their "scans" at this point, and that's wolves because they already know who the wolves are (path's "generally" aside).

Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #936
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Perhaps this has been illustrated further along, but this doesn't make sense to me at this point. I think nfg22 has been playing pretty well and been helpful. When I was putting up numbers and suggestions Sunday night, he was the one who I was bouncing them off of, and his POV seemed entirely reasonable. I didn't read anything yesterday (or thus far today) that makes me think otherwise.
I would second this. I don't think nfg played like a newbie at all. I think he played in a way I'm not going to completely understand (as I think he was very much trying to draw attention to himself and I'm still not sure why) but I think he presented intelligence and reason behind the moves he made.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #937
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Really? Why?

I am keeping an eye on these late voters....the swing ones that will make the outcome.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #938
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
there has to be more then that out there still

No, he was right. There had been 14 scans announced, GRF is dead and mauboy1 and jeheinz were not able to participate in N1 scans. That's 17 of 21 original players, leaving 4 (the above four) unanswered for.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #939
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
1+2) This is not incorrect? you mean I am correct? Trying to make me look worse by using a double negative?

3+4) He implicated me and dodgerchick...the reason why dodgerchick is implicated is because she DEFENDED me. If she defended me then that means I had to of already been accused. Second, those two words were brought up by Lathum *cough* wolf *cough*.

Saldana...and to a lesser extent claph. You will be looked at as a wolf when you kill me because I cleared both of you...and then you turn your back on me....if I were a wolf. I would have picked a non-wolf and scanned them as a wolf.

i am not trying to do anything except point out that 2 of your 4 points were wrong

i said you were not incorrect because that is the accurate description of your points...if you would prefer to say they are correct, thats fine.

as far as your counter to 3 and 4, you are changin your story...you said lathum told us to vote for you...now you have not only been proven wrong, but you are avoiding the fact that you have been proven wrong by creating a different story.

and if those two words hadnt been brought up by lathum, they would have been brought up by me..if you notice, i was right there with him the entire time last night in questioning you and DC

as far as your "if i were a wolf, i would have picked a villager and given the wrong scan information as a means of gaining trust", are you nuts...how in the blue hell would that have gained you trust...that may actually be the worst counter argument i have ever seen.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #940
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Are you saying the argument for lynching Lathum doesn't make any sense? Because I think its quite compelling. If he comes up villager, we at least have a lot more data as to seer capability.

On the other hand, if nfg gets lynched and comes up clean, then I guess I agree with you. The case for him seems quite weak, especially when compared to the other choices.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #941
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I forgot about MAu and Jheinze.

Oh, okay, ignore above.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #942
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
The even though woman is voting for the other person. Don't get too hung up on those words having doomed you.

BK...I dont know who the "even though" woman is, I assume you mean DC.

The situation with "even though" is that I said " I am down with that plan, even though I will be on the list"

Lathum then said I was a wolf because I didn't want to be on the list. Yet I didnt want to be on the list because of how inaccurate these scans are.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #943
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah...well why would I clear you and claph if I were a wolf?
gotta say something....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #944
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

How many people have looked at nfg so far?

Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #945
st.cronin
General Manager

Heck, I think even Lathum would concede that lynching Lathum makes sense.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #946
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are you saying the argument for lynching Lathum doesn't make any sense? Because I think its quite compelling. If he comes up villager, we at least have a lot more data as to seer capability.

We might have more data, but it will be at the expense of another villager. But I guess if you are a wolf, you wouldn't care about this.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #947
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
We might have more data, but it will be at the expense of another villager. But I guess if you are a wolf, you wouldn't care about this.
So you're THAT convinced that one of Lathum or bsak is a wolf? Cause if both are wolves or neither are wolves lynching Lathum gives us the most and best information. Now if one but not the other is a wolf, I'd agree we should lynch the wolf over the non-wolf. But otherwise we're better off with more information rather than less.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #948
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

We need information, and it will inevitably come at the expense of villagers.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #949
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

So, it seems like you think its much more likely that nfg is a wolf than Lathum. Please explain.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #950
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Heck, I think even Lathum would concede that lynching Lathum makes sense.

Lol...my bias aside...This is funny