Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #1201
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Well, how about that? I was a villager. I'm not sure why they did it, but I thank the wolves for vindicating me. Blade has some explaining to do. Good luck villagers!
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #1202
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Some conversation ensued between Eagles, Schmidty, and I about what I was implying with the above quote. That is where I gave the quote you list about the two of you possibly being wolves. But anyone who takes the time to read the posts from yesterday afternoon/evening will see that you are really reaching here.
Reaching for what? Reaching out that your quote that I used is dead wrong in what it said. Every quote that you used was before the quote I used.

I'm not saying that this should exonerate me, etc. All I'm saying is that your logic in that quote is incorrect. You can't even concede that?

Your words are confusing to other people as they didn't know what you meant when you said:

Quote:
I'm just hoping that the other wolf is even more pissed with him than I am right now.

Jeez...You're getting what you wanted. Me lynched. You can't even admit that you were wrong?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #1203
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll concede that I've been wrong a few times this game - that is pretty public record. And I'll concede that I've been flat played if you are anything other than a wolf.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #1204
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Blade has some explaining to do.

Hey Jackass, give it up already. Wish I was the wolf that shut you up and booted you out of this game. Good riddance.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #1205
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Hey Jackass, give it up already. Wish I was the wolf that shut you up and booted you out of this game. Good riddance.

"wish I was"
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #1206
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll concede that I've been wrong a few times this game - that is pretty public record. And I'll concede that I've been flat played if you are anything other than a wolf.
Well, your apology doesn't help me after I'm dead.

Guess I rolled snake eyes again this game, eh?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #1207
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Well, how about that? I was a villager. I'm not sure why they did it, but I thank the wolves for vindicating me. Blade has some explaining to do. Good luck villagers!

I really don't understand voting for yourself is you are a villager. As a wolf, I have seen it as a ploy. Killing yourself off doesn't help the village, but then again, letting a villager die to poison is retarded. What was I saying again? Oh yeah, voting for yourself is bad form.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #1208
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Dude, he needed some ego stroki......err he needed to be vindicated.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #1209
Vince
Pro Starter

Sort of surprised I'm still alive, but I guess that's RA's only defense, so it kind of makes sense. However, he kills his own argument with his choice of victim last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Alrighty then. I was appalled yesterday when I received the Coat of Arms. After RealDeal said he gave it to henry, and then henry died, I knew I was set up.

The only way for this to have been a set-up is for two things to be true:

1) I am a wolf, and lying.
2) RealDeal is helping me out, by backing up my story.

Well, RealDeal is dead, and he was neither wolf nor sorceror. So I guess I'm ok. The only way RA ends up with the Coat of Arms outside of being a wolf is by using the Gloves of the Thief -- however, the power of the notebook explicitly states that the user of the notebook will not be told of a use of the Gloves, that they will think it's with the original owner.

The only problem I have with today is that tonight there will be another Werewolf...which isn't good.

Right now it's 9-2-1.
After today, it'll be 9-1-1.
After tonight, it'll be 8-2.

We're starting to run out of time...and I don't think we have much of a lead on ANY of the remaining players :/
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #1210
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vince, I'm not convinced they have another one yet:

Last night they would have passed their silver - would they have had six to pass already after spending six on the book two nights earlier?
The upcoming night the sorceror buys the book.
After that they activate the book.

So I think we have at least one more day - maybe two if we are lucky.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #1211
hoopsguy
General Manager

I also think there are some voting patterns to be ascertained from yesterday - I'll spend more time on that once we see Raiders sprout fangs while hanging in the air.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #1212
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Do us all a favor and never play in a Werewolf game again. In fact, I hope the people that run the games ban you from future games. I think every single person that plays would support such a move.

Pulling no punches: You "played" like a man with a 2-inch penis. Go vindicate/prove your manhood somewhere else.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:24 PM   #1213
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way:

Vote Vince

Just to keep things interesting.

(edited to bold)

Last edited by Schmidty : 08-13-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:29 PM   #1214
MrBug708
Head Coach

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but here is what I've found.

I started with the RoW and voted once, for Digamma. The other two days I wasnt around and didnt want risk being exposed. Then it was stolen from me and the person who voted for Blade at the same time Vi nce did, then Vince changed his vote.

It was also said that RD was a wolf and that he had the coat of arms. I tried to steal the CoA from RD and he didn't have it. So I stole whatever Vince had and it was the book of the detective. I think Vince is rather suspicious. Ardent knew I was passed the robe as well, which I'm not sure how to make of it. I dont know who has the RoW, but I think Vince is a little suspcious IMO

Vote - Vince

Sorry buddy...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #1215
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, since MrBug is going to mention it...

...I kept the Notebook last night, and looked for the Book of the Damned. There is another in the game, but it didn't move, so I don't know who has it.

Kyle, I don't understand how you think I'm suspicious when your night action proved that I did have the Notebook. You tried to steal the Coat from RealDeal, but he had already passed it -- hence the nothing.

I don't understand the two votes for me...Schmidty's just being ridiculous (), and MrBug is...I don't know, confused? Maybe a sorceror?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #1216
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Well, since MrBug is going to mention it...

...I kept the Notebook last night, and looked for the Book of the Damned. There is another in the game, but it didn't move, so I don't know who has it.

Kyle, I don't understand how you think I'm suspicious when your night action proved that I did have the Notebook. You tried to steal the Coat from RealDeal, but he had already passed it -- hence the nothing.

I don't understand the two votes for me...Schmidty's just being ridiculous (), and MrBug is...I don't know, confused? Maybe a sorceror?

Being totally honest, I see some of the points against you, but the main reason I'm voting for you is in the case that RA is innocent (maybe a long-shot), I don't want to look bad.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #1217
Vince
Pro Starter

Did you think of the possibility of you looking bad if he IS a wolf? We're kind of short on suspects after him, and you and MrBug are looking like 1 and 2 in that case.

Oh, and I'll corroborate Kyle stealing the Notebook from me...it was stolen.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #1218
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here are my thoughts on Vince:

If Vince was converted to a sorceror, he would be trying to help the wolves. But he wouldn't know who they are. Do you think he would have set up Raiders, knowing he had the coat, if he thought that Raiders might be a wolf?

We know that RealDeal wasn't a wolf. All indications are that he played the game in a straight-forward manner with everything except his fixation on Blade. So why would he have lied about giving the Coat to Henry (as a villager) if he in fact gave it to Raiders Army?

If Vince is a wolf, then why bother swinging the votes away from RealDeal yesterday when he was on his way to a sure lynching? We now know that RealDeal was a villager. If Vince is making this play as a wolf then he is calling quite a bit of attention to himself.

Quote:
Ardent knew I was passed the robe as well

How does this fit into this? If you were stealing you were using the Gloves.
Day 1: Ring
Day 2: Ring
Day 3: Ring
Day 4: Gloves
Day 5: Gloves
Day 6: Notebook

As far as the Robe, here is the info I know on it:
Day 1: Henry (chatted with Digamma)
Day 2: Henry
Day 3: Henry (chatted with Raiders)
Day 4: ???
Day 5: ???
Day 6: ???

Are you saying that AE had the robe at some point? If this was brought up at some earlier point in the game then my apologies - after 1200+ posts I'm missing a detail every once in awhile.

Finally, my thoughts are that the person who had the Ring yesterday is on the side of the villagers. I have no desire to post my thoughts on who has this since I don't want that information potentially being shared with the wolves.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:05 PM   #1219
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wish Henry was still around and had the Robe - would just ask him to go talk to someone again. One known wolf conversation, another suspected wolf conversation.

Did Henry chat with AE on Day 2?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #1220
Vince
Pro Starter

Oh, and because I forgot to do it before...

I vote Raiders Army.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #1221
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think for the time being, I'll stay suspicious about Vince. I have questions about him and Hoopsguy for being so vocal yet seemingly pretty safe from the wolves despite all their supposed genuine interests in helping the village.

unvote - Vince
vote - Raiders Army
Old 08-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #1222
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you think of the possibility of you looking bad if he IS a wolf? We're kind of short on suspects after him, and you and MrBug are looking like 1 and 2 in that case.

Oh, and I'll corroborate Kyle stealing the Notebook from me...it was stolen.

Honestly Vince, I look bad no matter what happens in these games.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:22 PM   #1223
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

How does this fit into this? If you were stealing you were using the Gloves.
Day 1: Ring
Day 2: Ring
Day 3: Ring
Day 4: Gloves
Day 5: Gloves
Day 6: Notebook

As far as the Robe, here is the info I know on it:
Day 1: Henry (chatted with Digamma)
Day 2: Henry
Day 3: Henry (chatted with Raiders)
Day 4: ???
Day 5: ???
Day 6: ???

Are you saying that AE had the robe at some point? If this was brought up at some earlier point in the game then my apologies - after 1200+ posts I'm missing a detail every once in awhile.

I'll paraphrase who henry talked to. Day 1. Digamma. 2, Eaglesfan27. 3. Raiders Army 4. Ardent Enthusiast.

At which point he told me he was passing it to Mr. Bug708. He told me that he was passing it to him near the end of our time period.

Just to make sure my vote counts, since I cast it too early:

VOTE Raiders Army
Old 08-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #1224
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The only way for this to have been a set-up is for two things to be true:

1) I am a wolf, and lying.
2) RealDeal is helping me out, by backing up my story.
1) Well, you are a wolf, and why would anybody be surprised if a wolf lies?
2)RealDeal doesn't need to help you out. How did he back your story? Also, we all know how flaky he is, so you used that to your advantage.

Setup complete.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:55 PM   #1225
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Anyone offhand have the voting tally thus far?
Old 08-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #1226
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Not that it matters tonight...

BTW, yesterday, I didn't understand your whole, "coincidence" with the word sigh. It took me a while to figure out what the same word we said was. Why was that interesting? Gotta ask that question before I'm lynched.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #1227
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
1) Well, you are a wolf, and why would anybody be surprised if a wolf lies?
2)RealDeal doesn't need to help you out. How did he back your story? Also, we all know how flaky he is, so you used that to your advantage.

Setup complete.

Actually, RealDeal DOES need to help me out. Unless I can magically set you up by myself...here's what you posted:

Quote:
Alrighty then. I was appalled yesterday when I received the Coat of Arms. After RealDeal said he gave it to henry, and then henry died, I knew I was set up.

RealDeal said he gave it to henry AFTER henry died. So it's not like I could have used this information to my advantage by killing henry, if I were a wolf. I don't understand how you think I can set you up by myself...if you would care to explain your proposed set-up that does not include RealDeal, that would probably help those who are considering voting for me.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #1228
Raiders Army
Coordinator

There's no way I can sway votes Vince...I'm just trying to reveal you for later.

Obviously you can't set up me by yourself, you took advantage of RealDeal's...eccentricity...to set me up...

At least by drawing this line, people will lynch you after I'm lynched and we'll be down one more wolf. I just want to know who your partner is...and hoopsguy is definitely at the top of my list.

If anyone can remember this after I'm lynched, I would appreciate it.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #1229
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just odd, Raiders. I use the word "sigh" a lot in my AOL IM conversations.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #1230
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ah....I used sigh because I had a lot of work to do that day and it sucked.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #1231
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Busy at home, but I think it fairly obvious.

Vote Raiders Army
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:46 AM   #1232
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

Raiders Army -- Mr. Wednesday, hoopsguy, Eaglesfan27, Vince, MrBug708, ardent enthusiast, Coffee Warlord

Vince -- Schmidty, MrBug708 (unvoted)

None -- SnDvls, kingfc22, Superman=#54

Right now I think the important thing is trying to figure out who the other wolf is. I'm going to ignore myself in this analysis, because I know I'm a villager -- you all don't have that luxury, so feel free to be as suspicious of me as you want.

Mr. Wednesday -- I'm pretty sure that he's a villager.
SnDvls -- I'm pretty sure that he's a villager.

Ardent enthusiast -- Fairly sure he's a villager -- might be the Sorceror.
Coffee Warlord -- Fairly sure he's a villager -- might be the Sorceror.

Superman=#54 -- Not sure at all.
kingfc22 -- Not sure at all.
hoopsguy -- Not sure at all.

MrBug and Schmidty -- I'm worried about these guys. I don't know what their motivation after my evidence is, so logically, I'm going to be concerned. Also, they voted for me...never a good way to get on someone's good side I really don't know what our next step is, though. We gotta start getting things right...
Old 08-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #1233
hoopsguy
General Manager

Superman cast the deciding vote for Raiders (suspected wolf) against a non-wolf (RealDeal). Once we see that Raiders is in fact a wolf that will be good enough for me to consider him a non-wolf. And a less likely candidate for the sorceror, who I think would have been content to sit that last vote out at the end.

Once again, assuming that Raiders does turn out to be a wolf I would like to think that my strident pushing for him against the RealDeal vote would go a long ways towards proving my villager cred.

You left out EaglesFan from the analysis, as well as Raiders (for, I think, obvious reasons). What are your thoughts on him?

If/when Raiders is revealed to be a wolf then my attention will be turning to Eagles and Schmidty for their voting with RealDeal. More than with the other people, because they were online to see the case presented for Raiders that afternoon and had an opportunity to change their votes. I'm not arguing that they both are anti-villager, but I would be a little surprised if neither is.

If it does turn out that we've somehow messed up with Raiders then I'm going to have to turn up the heat on you as likely wolf/sorceror, Vince. But I don't think that is forthcoming ...
Old 08-14-2005, 11:33 AM   #1234
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just to reconfirm here...next voting is tonight or monday?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:36 AM   #1235
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Superman cast the deciding vote for Raiders (suspected wolf) against a non-wolf (RealDeal). Once we see that Raiders is in fact a wolf that will be good enough for me to consider him a non-wolf. And a less likely candidate for the sorceror, who I think would have been content to sit that last vote out at the end.

Once again, assuming that Raiders does turn out to be a wolf I would like to think that my strident pushing for him against the RealDeal vote would go a long ways towards proving my villager cred.

You left out EaglesFan from the analysis, as well as Raiders (for, I think, obvious reasons). What are your thoughts on him?

If/when Raiders is revealed to be a wolf then my attention will be turning to Eagles and Schmidty for their voting with RealDeal. More than with the other people, because they were online to see the case presented for Raiders that afternoon and had an opportunity to change their votes. I'm not arguing that they both are anti-villager, but I would be a little surprised if neither is.

If it does turn out that we've somehow messed up with Raiders then I'm going to have to turn up the heat on you as likely wolf/sorceror, Vince. But I don't think that is forthcoming ...

I can't believe it would be held against me when I voted for RealDeal considering how truly erratic his behavior was. Of course, you two will be top of my list if Raiders isn't a wolf.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #1236
MrBug708
Head Coach

Let me get this straight

Not voting/posting = VIllager
Posting/voting = Wolf?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #1237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Just to reconfirm here...next voting is tonight or monday?

I'm almost positive that it is Monday night (by the request of a few.)
Old 08-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #1238
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point in the game we are still in a position where it doesn't make sense for a wolf to make the false accusation with a seer device if Raiders is a wolf and we have their numbers down to 1+1. Someone has the Amulet of Seeing - if it is a villager who can vindicate some members of our group that would be very helpful. If it is a villager who can out a wolf, so much the better. If it is a wolf - well, they have been holding onto it instead of collecting silver which also helps our cause.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #1239
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagles, I'm definitely up for a better launching point for suspicion if you can point one out. That is why I would love to have some information arise from one of the seer devices.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #1240
hoopsguy
General Manager

If somehow Raiders isn't a wolf, then I absolutely accept that I'll be a prime suspect for wolf. Conversely, if Raiders is a wolf I hope that I'll be moving towards the inner circle of trust for most villagers.

If Raiders isn't a wolf I won't pull a RealDeal and vote for myself the following day. I'll fight to not be lynched because I am a villager and losing another villager at the hands of vilalgers is generally is not a good thing.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #1241
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If Raiders is not a wolf, I might have to change my vote in XII, since the only way that would be consistent with the respective stories we've seen would be if RealDeal lied about where he had passed the Coat of Arms.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #1242
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

The reason I haven't posted much lately is that I have been really busy. Moving to a new place, and catching a few concerts. I just woke up after a long night last night. I'll be checking in more often now that I have more free time.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #1243
Schmidty
Coordinator

Fine, I'll change my vote. But if RA isn't a wolf, Vince is next on my list.

Unvote Vince

Vote Raiders Army
Old 08-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #1244
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Eagles, I'm definitely up for a better launching point for suspicion if you can point one out. That is why I would love to have some information arise from one of the seer devices.

Well I'd suggest we look at all voting patterns and note just the most recent vote. I was quick to kill every sorceror and wolf for the first few votes. I'm on call today, so I'm not sure I'll get to do a detailed analysis of everyone's votes for every day, but I'd suggest that we do that, rather than look at one day's vote.

Clearly, RealDeal messed up this game to an extent and I dare say some of us might have let our needle of doubt be pushed to voting for RealDeal just because he was so annoying.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #1245
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Clearly, RealDeal messed up this game to an extent and I dare say some of us might have let our needle of doubt be pushed to voting for RealDeal just because he was so annoying.

Which is why I wonder why the wolves chose to kill him -- I'd have thought he'd be at least a decent candidate for us to lynch after RA. We have to take them where we can get them, I guess.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:45 PM   #1246
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The Ring of Wisdom has spoken:

It casts a vote for Hoopsguy.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #1247
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
The Ring of Wisdom has spoken:

It casts a vote for Hoopsguy.

Huh? What is the point of this vote?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:47 PM   #1248
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which is why I wonder why the wolves chose to kill him -- I'd have thought he'd be at least a decent candidate for us to lynch after RA. We have to take them where we can get them, I guess.

I agree too. That was very odd. Maybe they just found him so annoying that strategy was overruled?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:52 PM   #1249
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just in case anyone was wondering if I hold the ring of wisdom ... I don't.

Eagles, even if you had an impeccable record early it doesn't mean a ton. The Real/Raiders was the first vote we have had where the wolves would have had to commit themselves; everything has been a runaway up to that point. Also, someone was converted to a sorceror - which means they could have a good voting record up until the last one.

I'm not saying you are wrong in suggesting we review the whole body of work when it comes to voting patterns. I'm just thinking that this last one is going to be more telling, when it is all said and done, than earlier votes.

Nor am I declaring that you are a wolf/sorcerer because you voted for RealDeal. He was a dividing force in this game, no doubt about it. But we have to look somewhere and I think we are missing the boat if we don't really scrutinize the decisions between Raiders/Real.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #1250
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Fine, I'll change my vote. But if RA isn't a wolf, Vince is next on my list.

Unvote Vince

Vote Raiders Army
At least we'll get a wolf one way or another...

I think this was Vince's big mistake. Why would you gamble so (relatively) early in the game to take one person out? This is what I think happened:

1. Vince says he thinks he may know who a wolf is, but is holding out to find out who the other one is.

2. When he sees the opportunity to frame me, he has to follow through on something to remain "legit". Somewhat of a Catch-22.

The gamble paid off, and now he's going to get lynched the night after I get lynched. The wolves are buying time people, and I wouldn't be surprised if they convert someone else as a sorceror or convert the sorceror to a wolf. At that point, it would be worth it to go 1 for 1, since he gets to eat once when I'm voted for with the coat, again when I get lynched, and yet again when he gets lynched.

Actually, he's getting a pretty good return on his death. 4 kills for 1 wolf. Not bad.