Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #351
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
***mumbles to self***damn, I'm agreeing with hoopsguy too much.

I'm very compelling when you don't possess first-hand knowledge that I'm full of it

***mumbles to self*** damn X-Com seers
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #352
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I hear what you are saying on this, Brian. But with a 17-3 advantage right now in numbers I feel that the villagers collectively should be willing to do this. Agreed that it is not particularly cool to be the potential 'sacrifice' but everyone knows going into the game that there is a strong likelihood of dying. Better to die in a calculated risk than by whimsical Day 1 voting or by a clever web of misinformation by the werewolves, I suppose.

I do agree that the greater good is accomplished, but I remember from the past that it is no fun being the guy that everyone else is willing to sacrifice. I don't have any better information though, so I am going to believe Fouts.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyone want to claim they had the Hood last night to refute AE's statements?

Anyone want to claim they passed the Mask to AE last night to support his statements?

I cannot confirm or deny on either of those items, having had neither in my possession.

It would be very cool if we are able to get the mask out of the game this early. Bravo, AE, if you are telling the truth and are able to orchestrate this. Hope the individual with the Hammer is a villager.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #354
hoopsguy
General Manager

If someone distrusts AE they could view him tonight. The view would be activated after he had passed the mask, so he would show up with his true colors either way.

Also, it feels like we are getting pretty lucky if AE happened to use the hood and locked in on the guy with the Hammer. The Hood doesn't allow you to pick the item to scan for and know who holds it - it allows you to pick someone and see an item they possess. If AE is on the up and up, then it sounds like the Village is leading a charmed life so far ...
Old 08-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #355
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Anyone want to claim they passed the Mask to AE last night to support his statements?

AE tells the truth, I had it yesterday and passed it to him. With that said, I see no reason at all not to believe fouts, but hear this, if you are lieing, you will be lynched tomorrow.

Vote Lathum

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-09-2005 at 01:56 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #356
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, if it's not destroyed tomorrow, and we'll be told if it is, then we can ask him. That's saying I'm not killed by the wolves tonight.

I'd hate to call him out on having it before hand. I guess I have some thinking to do.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #357
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And I don't think I'm allowed to edit that post I just did, so here it is again....

Vote Lathum
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #358
Blade6119
Coordinator

i wish i had a cool item....stupid game...all i got is my crappy potion...i hate you guys with your hammers and crap
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #359
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
If someone distrusts AE they could view him tonight. The view would be activated after he had passed the mask, so he would show up with his true colors either way.

Also, it feels like we are getting pretty lucky if AE happened to use the hood and locked in on the guy with the Hammer. The Hood doesn't allow you to pick the item to scan for and know who holds it - it allows you to pick someone and see an item they possess. If AE is on the up and up, then it sounds like the Village is leading a charmed life so far ...

Let's put it this way. I used the hood to view someone last night that voted for me. It doesn't outright sell the person out, but if one or more were wolves the person may be toast.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #360
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
i wish i had a cool item....stupid game...all i got is my crappy potion...i hate you guys with your hammers and crap

I just wish I could remember all of the items.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #361
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I just wish I could remember all of the items.

The potion can heal the injured...A little bit like the doctor role.

As for the items, I copied the first post into Word and printed it out so I'd have a reference.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #362
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In case you're wondering...

Ardent - (4)Schmidty, Coffee Warlord, qwikshot, superman

Of which, qwikshot is dead. I will be passing the mask off tonight to one of the three. One of the three has the Hammer.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #363
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

This game is interesting in that there is really no harm in tipping your hand early. Even though Fouts identified a (potential) wolf, he can easily pass his item on and be a useless target for the wolves. In fact, if he passes his item on, he should be very safe since the wolves really need to try to get their hands on that item. Keeping secrets doesn't help anyone.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #364
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
This game is interesting in that there is really no harm in tipping your hand early. Even though Fouts identified a (potential) wolf, he can easily pass his item on and be a useless target for the wolves. In fact, if he passes his item on, he should be very safe since the wolves really need to try to get their hands on that item. Keeping secrets doesn't help anyone.

Very true. The wolves know who they are. It's not like they're gambling anymore. They killed a sorcerer, suckers. Anyone they kill from here on is a villager. They just have to be lucky and nail one of us with a critical item.

I kind of view this mask as critical, since we would be screwed if it fell into a wolf's hands. The person with the amulet would then read them as safe and as a villager.

What DOES concern me is that there may soon be another mask out there...as these things only cost 2 silver...and the wolves may have picked up my silver piece I passed on to Jeff. Since Peregrine didn't addresss it as laying in the open, I have assumed the wolves took it (and perhaps more if Jeff had more).
Old 08-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well then. I awoke with a nasty hangover to find the bandwagon has begun.

I know it is probably to late but I DO have the mask of lies and I will be accepting apologies once you all lynch me.

I have no doubt that Fouts viewed me, which is going to cause his death once it is proven I am a villegar.

OK, that being said. Does anyone find it strange that Fouts was on the chopping block day one, henry changes his vote, then Fouts comes out firing accusations at me. Seems a bit odd.

Look there after I am dead.

VOTE FOUTS
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #366
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Dubbs93 - post #355
AE tells the truth, I had it yesterday and passed it to him

Quote:
Lathum - post #365
I know it is probably to late but I DO have the mask of lies and I will be accepting apologies once you all lynch me

Lathum, if you are telling the truth then two people have to be lying - Fouts with the accusation and Dubbs stating that he passed the mask onto AE.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #367
digamma
Torchbearer

This just got very interesting.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #368
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There are 2 masks
Old 08-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #369
digamma
Torchbearer

I think it is possible there are two masks. The mask is a multiple use item and there may be more than one copy in the game.

The question we don't know the answer to is whether the game started with more than one mask.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #370
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Lathum, if you are telling the truth then two people have to be lying - Fouts with the accusation and Dubbs stating that he passed the mask onto AE.

AND AE, since he claims he has the mask.

Since I don't THINK anyone could have bought an item yet, there's definately only one Mask in the game. Possibly zero, if Lathum is indeed telling the truth, since that's an item that is removed once used (I think).

God, this is already a mess.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #371
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Well, at least we have a list of suspects if we find out that Lathum was a villager.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

you know, there is something satisfying about getting lynched when you are a villegar.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #373
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nevermind, re-read the rules about how many copies of an item can start in the game, and still misread it.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:22 PM   #374
digamma
Torchbearer

I've got to pull a nevermind also. The mask is a single use item, but more than one may be in the game at the same time.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #375
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I've got to pull a nevermind also. The mask is a single use item, but more than one may be in the game at the same time.

I say we lynch Peregrine for making us think too hard.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #376
Fouts
College Starter

Seriously, why in the world would a villager use the mask to be identified as a wolf??

C'mon now, does he have a death wish?

I'm telling the truth, I viewed what I viewed, it was stolen from me. If I still had it, I wouldn't come out and identify myself as a seer to be killed.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #377
hoopsguy
General Manager

I thought the wolves already ate the moderator on Night 0?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #378
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Seriously, why in the world would a villager use the mask to be identified as a wolf?

The mask is activated automatically, according to its description.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #379
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
single use items
The following items may be used once after which they will be removed from the game. Multiple copies of these items may be in the game at the same time.

Quote:
Seriously, why in the world would a villager use the mask to be identified as a wolf??

C'mon now, does he have a death wish?

I'm telling the truth, I viewed what I viewed, it was stolen from me. If I still had it, I wouldn't come out and identify myself as a seer to be killed.

I didn't "use" the mask it was "activated" once I was viewed. I wanted to give it away but didn't get the chance to.

Perhaps if we can get Peregrine to confirm that the mask is activated when someone is viewed and not "used" by the owner that will sway some peoples descions.

also for now

UNVOTE FOUTS

I am not going to be petty, I really think Fouts is a villegar trying to do the right thing.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:35 PM   #380
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Couple of questions here.

#1: What use is the amulet if it can be stolen before you use it? (in general to everyone)
#2: You say you were highly suspicious, and then you flat out say he was a werewolf. If you weren't able to use the amulet, how are you so sure? (to Fouts)

I think we can be convinced of Fouts' honesty if no one comes forward to say they have the gloves of thievery (or whatever they're called), since Fouts should have them now. If someone else says they have them, then someone is lying, and I would lean more towards Fouts lying.

But if no one says they have the gloves, then Fouts could probably be telling the truth.

#1 - I used it, then it was stolen, same night. It is not a 1 use item.
#2 - He was suspicious because of that post. I assumed henry to be a villager because he could now use PM's, and I know I'm a villager, so accusing the both of us makes him highly suspicious. He made a mistake and was caught. I've done it and died early, its not fun.

I'm not lying, and have nothing to gain but another dead bad guy. If he somehow had the mask and used it at the same time I viewed him, we are both very unlucky and likely to die.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:37 PM   #381
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I didn't "use" the mask it was "activated" once I was viewed. I wanted to give it away but didn't get the chance to.

that is all I needed to feel like my vote was correct. you pass before activation so I now am positive you are a wolf.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #382
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Perhaps if we can get Peregrine to confirm that the mask is activated when someone is viewed and not "used" by the owner that will sway some peoples descions.

also for now

UNVOTE FOUTS

I am not going to be petty, I really think Fouts is a villegar trying to do the right thing.

Well is says used, so I took it to mean intentionally used by the person. I don't think there are two masks in the game. I understand why you would state what you are stating, I would do the same thing in your shoes.

I don't like when the moderator backs anyone up (even myself), it takes away from the game. But since he did it for me, he should do it for you too.

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #383
Fouts
College Starter

I should add that I don't think there are two masks in the game, yet. You can buy them for 2 silver, but I think we started with 1 silver each. Future viewings may be clouded.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #384
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Knowing that I have a Mask of Lies in my possession, and knowing it has to be from the start of the game and not purchased, I doubt Lathum. If it is possible there are two masks, then I'm wrong.

Edit: If it is possible we started with two masks, then I am wrong.

Last edited by Poli : 08-09-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #385
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK

I know I am dead but I implore you all to NOT lynch fouts once he is proved wrong, he is a villegar just trying to do the right thing and you will only be hurting yourselves.

I don't have much to go on but Mr. Wednesday waited a bit to jump on the bandwagon, quicly voted, threw out a few comments and has been quiet since. After I am lynched tonight you guys are really gonna be scrambling and at least it will be fun to watch.

again DO NOT LYNCH FOUTS

I VOTE MR.WEDNESDAY!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #386
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Peregrine - Post #1
Multiple copies of a single use item may begin in the game and additional copies may be purchased for the appropriate amount of Silver

There are nine unlimited use items that do begin in the game. Items costing 5+ silver do not begin in the game, leaving 16 limited use items that may begin in the game. If a random number generator is used among those sixteen items for the remaining 13 players who don't have a unique (22 initially in - 9 with uniques) then it is certainly possible for there to be multiple copies of items. It would be bad luck for the villagers for there to be multiple copies of this particular item, but it seems feasible after a re-read of the rules.

This is something I didn't consider earlier but think has to at least factor into the equation for tonight's vote.

However, in the absence of any other information I'm not ready to change my vote yet. Sorry, Lathum. In a game of limited information, which is often buried beneath a helping of bad-guy BS, I don't have anything better than Fouts fingering you at this point to work with.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #387
Poli
FOFC Survivor

What he said. If it's just bad luck that you were a) hit with the Mask of Lies and b) viewed before you could pass it...on the first night...well that just sucks to be you.

What I have been pondering lately is why the person with the amulet hasn't spoken up. He obviously has two items now and needs to pass one...at least I think he needs to. Too many darn items in this game. It makes it a lot of fun, though.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:59 PM   #388
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Qwikshot and Jeff061 were never quite the same again.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #389
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
OK

I know I am dead but I implore you all to NOT lynch fouts once he is proved wrong, he is a villegar just trying to do the right thing and you will only be hurting yourselves.

I don't have much to go on but Mr. Wednesday waited a bit to jump on the bandwagon, quicly voted, threw out a few comments and has been quiet since. After I am lynched tonight you guys are really gonna be scrambling and at least it will be fun to watch.

again DO NOT LYNCH FOUTS

I VOTE MR.WEDNESDAY!

Why do you always have to be so darn convincing? I'm really starting to think that we may be making the wrong choice, but you could also just be playing us really well.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #390
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
OK

again DO NOT LYNCH FOUTS

I VOTE MR.WEDNESDAY!
Interesting.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #391
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If it helps convince you, unvote Lathum.

Up until reading through the discussion now, I saw no reason to change my vote.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #392
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
What he said. If it's just bad luck that you were a) hit with the Mask of Lies and b) viewed before you could pass it...on the first night...well that just sucks to be you.

What I have been pondering lately is why the person with the amulet hasn't spoken up. He obviously has two items now and needs to pass one...at least I think he needs to. Too many darn items in this game. It makes it a lot of fun, though.

If I were currently in possession of the amulet, I wouldn't tell people I had it. That is feeding the wolves an item we will need in the future.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #393
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Why do you always have to be so darn convincing? I'm really starting to think that we may be making the wrong choice, but you could also just be playing us really well.
MAYBE I AM ALWAYS SO CONVINCING BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS TELLING THE TRUTH !!!

sorry about the shouting
Old 08-09-2005, 04:09 PM   #394
Raiders Army
Coordinator

wha?

Let me get this straight.

First Fouts says Lathum is a wolf.
Then Mr. Wednesday (amongst others) votes for Lathum.
Then Lathum says not to vote for Fouts, and he votes for Mr. Wednesday.
Mr. Wednesday takes back his vote for Lathum.

What?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:09 PM   #395
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Really? And what other choices are there? Please inform us.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #396
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
MAYBE I AM ALWAYS SO CONVINCING BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS TELLING THE TRUTH !!!

sorry about the shouting

I know that isn't true. Doesn't mean you aren't telling the truth this time though.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #397
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I really don't get the Mr. Wednesday/Lathum interplay at work here. Are we missing something?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #398
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
wha?

Let me get this straight.

First Fouts says Lathum is a wolf.
Then Mr. Wednesday (amongst others) votes for Lathum.
Then Lathum says not to vote for Fouts, and he votes for Mr. Wednesday.
Mr. Wednesday takes back his vote for Lathum.

What?

The job of the wolves is to confuse the villagers, especially when one of them are targeted. That is what Lathum is trying to do, throw in some doubt.

What are you trying to do?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #399
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
If I were currently in possession of the amulet, I wouldn't tell people I had it. That is feeding the wolves an item we will need in the future.

Fouts, I was hinting that the person that stole it from you hasn't said anything about having it.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #400
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmm ok, I had it between Mr. Wednesday and SnDvls

UNVOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

VOTE SNDVLS