Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #301
Danny
Head Coach

I don't quite understand the 24 hour clock. In the games I have followed before there was a day phase and a night phase.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #302
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Always jumps to you? Come on. I can't even remember the last time I voted for you!

And if you've only been a wolf in one game, that proves my point. You've played a lot, and only been a wolf once. I don't know what game that was, but if I were hoops, I'd be curious to see how you play as one.

You don't always vote for me, but you always throw my name out there as a wolf, and I'm never a wolf. It's like me going to Lathum every game...damn, now I know how Lathum feels!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #303
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
My guess is that they'll have to have the cunning wolf attack tonight, and then be able to have their other wolves attack people based on who voted for whom and when. They could try to risk it and hope their target doesnt move their vote last second though... but my guess is they pick their cunning wolf to target the player that they want to go after tonight (in attempts to get the seer)
I predict they'll have the cunning wolf attack every night until we catch the SOB.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #304
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I don't quite understand the 24 hour clock. In the games I have followed before there was a day phase and a night phase.
Basically the players all submit their actions at the same deadline as the vote.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #305
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I think as soon as Cronin has all of the night actions he posts the results?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #306
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My guess is that they'll have to have the cunning wolf attack tonight, and then be able to have their other wolves attack people based on who voted for whom and when. They could try to risk it and hope their target doesnt move their vote last second though... but my guess is they pick their cunning wolf to target the player that they want to go after tonight (in attempts to get the seer)

I'm thinking about when the cunning wolf dies. Another wolf needs to make the attack, and they'd have to attack someone who voted for them that day. That will be hard to do if people change their votes at deadline.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #307
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm thinking about when the cunning wolf dies. Another wolf needs to make the attack, and they'd have to attack someone who voted for them that day. That will be hard to do if people change their votes at deadline.
I'd hope that cronin accepts conditional orders as a late vote change can just as easily screw over the BG or seer.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #308
st.cronin
General Manager

The 24 hour clock in my games works like this: At the deadline, the vote gets processed, and somebody gets lynched. Immediately after, I process all night actions, and begin a new day.

The big difference is, players with night actions have to send their orders in before the lynch, which perhaps puts them at a slight disadvantage.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #309
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The 24 hour clock means there is no night phase and day phase, just one phase for the entire day.

So all players with night actions (wolves, bodyguard, seer, etc) have to have their night orders in by the same time the lynch is due which adds more strategy to their choices obviously.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #310
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'd hope that cronin accepts conditional orders as a late vote change can just as easily screw over the BG or seer.

Yes, I encourage everybody with night actions to send conditional orders.

knives out
Old 06-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #311
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I also lumped these two together and I believe SnDvls and hoops have been wolves together and, having also been a wolf with SnDvls, I think it's likely hoops would have gone in that direction. Hence my vote.

If hoops would have picked me, which he didn't, he would have made a huge mistake. You know what is happening in my real life right now (twins 2 weeks old and all), hence my request for a vanilla villager role as my activity isn't up to being a "roled" person villager or wolf. Poli (AE) actually did the right thing and followed my request.

But if it helps the village I have no problem with it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #312
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I am not sure if the jumping on the Lathum bandwagon is justified. Would AE/Poli be smart enough to do that? The draft went pretty quick from our understanding. Did he really have that much time to ponder the situation? The draft information is beneficial, but I don't think we can assume that it was done under optimal strategic conditions.

It only took me about 30 minutes to come up with it.

I would certainly hope that strategy was used and not just "Oh I'll pick so-and-so because I once had a friend who had a cat with that name."
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #313
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well like I said, I made my argument and god forbid I "badger" anyone with my defence.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #314
st.cronin
General Manager

Go Badgers.

knives out
Old 06-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #315
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Go Badgers.

*fistpump*
Old 06-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #316
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
well like I said, I made my argument and god forbid I "badger" anyone with my defence.

Lathum, please note that I have not suspected your or voted for you yet
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #317
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Lathum, please note that I have not suspected your or voted for you yet

thanks for that

you wanna vote me because you think I am a wolf thats fine, but voting me because you don't want to listen to me defend myself for "4 days" thats bush league.

If it seems like I argue more then anyone else it is because I am forced to defend myself more then anyone else, and it isn't even close.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #318
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
dola- you are also hinting you are the seer, maybe setting up for a fake reveal?

Hey Lathum, I think I missed where DT did this. Can you point me to it?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #319
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I don't think I should, I have apparently been harsh enough already
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #320
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

I didn't get that either - I thought Lathum was stating it as a slight possibility for Alan to be setting up something with his reveal. But I probably need to re-read that
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #321
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Come on now, Lathum - no need to get huffy.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #322
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It seemed pretty clear to me at the time that Lathum was saying that DT was setting up for a fake seer reveal considering he was speaking to DT in the previous post and then continued with a dola post with that information in it.

I believe in my earlier reading that I figured out why Lathum was saying that based on what DT said, but I read DT's comments a bit differently so I'll let Lathum explain if he wants why he felt DT was setting it up for such... but either way seemed clear to me Lathum was talking to DT the entire time there and not me.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #323
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
and not me.
My bad then
Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #324
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Alan - you can jump off the DT bandwagon - hoops didn't pick me. whether that's b/c poli picked me first or what i dunno, but i'm squarely on the village side.

as for your reveal - well you can't be the seer/fake seer i don't think -- you can't be a mason (penalty of death), could you be bodyguard maybe. could you be hunter...strong possibility

the whole fake-seer thing always bugs me, so i'm wondering if there's not more of a way to...control that and mitigate that

this is the post I was referencing, seems he is setting up subtle hints.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #325
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Is it possible that hoops decided to get cute and picked all females as the wolves? That would be amusing. Do we even have enough females to fill all the wolf roles?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #326
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looking through the list of players, I think there are alot of excellent players that Hoops may have selected that aren't even being mentioned. It definitely is not limited to 5 or 6 players that I think Hoops may have chosen.

I can see some merit in a few different directions of voting today, one of which would be Kwhit's suggestion of why Lathum would be the perfect choice.. I also could see Kwhit as a crafty wolf being able to toss out such a suggestion to throw some villager under the table as well though. I think I'll go a different direction with my vote right now though.. someone who hasn't been mentioned yet but when he played regularly I felt was as good of a wolf as anyone in the game. Hoops also realizes this and I feel would be a perfect player for Hoops to pick.. an excellent player that not everyone really knows but has great veteran leadership as well.

Vote Saldana
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #327
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Is it possible that hoops decided to get cute and picked all females as the wolves? That would be amusing. Do we even have enough females to fill all the wolf roles?

Hmm, Oliegirl, Lonestargirl, Mrs. Schmidty, Saldana, is that enough to cover it?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #328
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Hmm, Oliegirl, Lonestargirl, Mrs. Schmidty, Saldana, is that enough to cover it?

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO
Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #329
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Go Badgers.

I simply can not support this post. Or leave it unchallenged.

Go Illini.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #330
mccollins
College Prospect

I don't know if it would be funnier if Danny really thinks Saldana is a female or if he was knowingly making a joke. Either way - heh heh
Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #331
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

this is honestly one of the funniest things I have ever read in WW
Old 06-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #332
hoopsguy
General Manager

Or that he missed legitimate females and then included Saldana.

Priceless.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #333
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Looking through the list of players, I think there are alot of excellent players that Hoops may have selected that aren't even being mentioned. It definitely is not limited to 5 or 6 players that I think Hoops may have chosen.

I can see some merit in a few different directions of voting today, one of which would be Kwhit's suggestion of why Lathum would be the perfect choice.. I also could see Kwhit as a crafty wolf being able to toss out such a suggestion to throw some villager under the table as well though.

Come on. If I were a wolf, do you really think I would make a play like this day 1 just to get Lathum lynched as a villager? Especially since I posted my thoughts before anyone got any significant votes - so it's not like I'm throwing something out to try to save a wolf or something.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #334
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

who else is fmale? telle and any others?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #335
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Haha - hence why I would never try to guess male v. female
Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #336
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Make it 4 votes, I can see you badgering people already and I'd rather eliminate that before it degenerates into constant bickering for days on end.

Oh and you're a damn good wolf and I love the "force poli to take someone obvious" idea.

VOTE LATHUM

as opposed to what you do, ranting, raving and insulting people as soon as you get a vote on you?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #337
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Come on. If I were a wolf, do you really think I would make a play like this day 1 just to get Lathum lynched as a villager? Especially since I posted my thoughts before anyone got any significant votes - so it's not like I'm throwing something out to try to save a wolf or something.

Anything is possible in WW I've found.. What is the downside for you making a play like that if you were the wolf? It isnt like you are pushing it super hard, you just tossed out a piece of strategy on day 1 when no one has any information anyways. The chances of people turning around and coming for your blood after a scenerio where Lathum was lynched and ended up being good doesn't seem too high to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that I think you are a wolf here, I'm just saying that if you were, this would be a low risk high reward play on your part in my opinion. I actually personally think I want to stay away from the you vs Lathum thing today anyways. We already have a good bit of movement on Lathum, and I find a day1 vote without a serious second contender ends up being a wash without any information gained.

That is why I wanted to throw out my suggestion for another candidate, but also would like to hear other people's suggestions as well. A run away vote on Lathum doesn't really help us at all. If you all want to lynch Lathum then fine, but I'd at least like some kind of meaningful vote so we have an idea of who might have tried to save him (if he is a wolf) or not.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we've had an all-female WW team before. in the fairytale game I made all the women WW's and then when i died they were an all-woman team for at least a day there.

but that would be awesome. and kudos to danny for the joke.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #339
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE DADDYTORGO

he jumped on me super quick and like I mentioned earlier I think his play is suspect.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #340
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

I can see some merit in a few different directions of voting today, one of which would be Kwhit's suggestion of why Lathum would be the perfect choice.. I also could see Kwhit as a crafty wolf being able to toss out such a suggestion to throw some villager under the table as well though. I think I'll go a different direction with my vote right now though.. someone who hasn't been mentioned yet but when he played regularly I felt was as good of a wolf as anyone in the game. Hoops also realizes this and I feel would be a perfect player for Hoops to pick.. an excellent player that not everyone really knows but has great veteran leadership as well.

Vote Saldana

you never fail to disappoint me Alan, i have been waiting for this for the last page and a half
Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #341
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anything is possible in WW I've found.. What is the downside for you making a play like that if you were the wolf? It isnt like you are pushing it super hard, you just tossed out a piece of strategy on day 1 when no one has any information anyways. The chances of people turning around and coming for your blood after a scenerio where Lathum was lynched and ended up being good doesn't seem too high to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that I think you are a wolf here, I'm just saying that if you were, this would be a low risk high reward play on your part in my opinion. I actually personally think I want to stay away from the you vs Lathum thing today anyways. We already have a good bit of movement on Lathum, and I find a day1 vote without a serious second contender ends up being a wash without any information gained.

That is why I wanted to throw out my suggestion for another candidate, but also would like to hear other people's suggestions as well. A run away vote on Lathum doesn't really help us at all. If you all want to lynch Lathum then fine, but I'd at least like some kind of meaningful vote so we have an idea of who might have tried to save him (if he is a wolf) or not.

a second candidate - saldana fits...GE fits as a nasty-wolf who hasn't been around a lot lately...
Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #342
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

who are you? seriously?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
who are you? seriously?

oh cmon, that joke never gets old
Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #344
saldana
Pro Starter

checking in btw.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #345
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

My point was that I don't see this as a potential high-reward play for a wolf on day one. I see it as pretty much low-risk, very-low reward and therefore not a good play for a wolf to make.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #346
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so if you think I am a wolf there is no way Saldana is one and vice versa. No way Hoops puts us on the same team.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #347
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, so if you think I am a wolf there is no way Saldana is one and vice versa. No way Hoops puts us on the same team.

why not?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #348
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
who are you? seriously?

I've never posted much at any one time, but I have browsed on a regular basis since I registered. I also worked at Grey Dog Software for a couple years and still work for Gary and Wolverine on the side although I usually don't have enough time to devote there between fiancee, school and my regular job.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #349
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

oh cmon, that joke never gets old

i think its hilarious...i just wanted to know if Danny is someone that changed their name and is actually in on the joke, or if he is somone that i have never played with and actually thinks i am a chick
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #350
Danny
Head Coach

At one time I was EagleEye, then I changed it when I started working for Greydog. And yes, I know you are not a chick