Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2005, 05:57 PM   #651
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Several things strike me disharmoniously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
If anyone votes for Jeff after my plan is out, they are immediately suspected of being a creature. My idea here is not to place the first vote until around 5pm EST. I ask my fellow bandits and those friendly to the bandits efforts, to NOT vote until that time. Anyone voting before then (even if you say its because you won't have time/computer access to vote later) is a Creature or friendly to them in my mind. Once I have placed the vote on someone (not revealing who until I place the vote), then you may vote for that person, but only that person. Around 6pm, I will change my vote to another person I suspect as being a creature. The rest of you may vote for either candidate then.
Why not Jeff? Why the suspicion if you vote for him specifically?

Quote:
What this does if I pick a creature with one of my two votes is make the creatures either scramble to save the one I voted for or sacrificing one of their own to protect the others. Of course with our luck, I will nominate two bandits. Anyone who does NOT vote at all is immediately a suspected creature.
The flaw in this is that you let the creatures know your plan. Why scramble when they know you're going to switch your vote?

Quote:
quite frankly any one who debates my plan at this point, I consider them a creature trying to prevent my efforts to help my fellow bandits win. No one has come up with a plan for finding the creatures, so my fellow bandits and other friendly roles should have NO objections to using this plan. There is much to gain here through voting patterns and little to lose given the fact we have done so poorly so far in our efforts to figure out who's who.
Sounds like a dictatorship.

Quote:
I will now go through the list of people still alive and comment who I think might be safe at this point.

Okay, what happened to this?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:59 PM   #652
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Not to sound defensive, but I'm guessing because I was the only one voted for at the time and he didn't want a bandwagon started.

Other than that, I have no answers. This whole thing has been a bit of a mystery.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:59 PM   #653
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also, it's a good deal to vote against someone, so you'll get their vote for self-preservation (i.e. Masked).

Hmmm....

Unvote kingfc22
Vote JeeberD

I just don't know, but something strikes me as being funny.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #654
Suicane75
Coordinator

Could Thomkal be trying to get a bandit to attack him tonight?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #655
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm like John Kerry. I like flip flops.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #656
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I see you're reading. Please respond.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #657
korme
Go Reds

By the beard of Zeus!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #658
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hercules' testicles!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:08 PM   #659
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
How are you going to get a lot of PMs about this when bandits aren't suppsoed to get PMs!!!!!

I am now suspicou of you!

Anyways I respect your analysis and your reason for voting. All I can say is that I have made the decision that I think Thomkal killed MrS, and for that to happen then Thomkal must be a bandit. Ofcourse there is a chance that the MrS kill was more random then that or even JeeberD but for now I don't see the evidence to that fact. Once I ruled out Thomkal I had to review everything else. Since no significant posts had occurred during the the day I went with my usual train of thought and voted for someone who hasn't been posting. Since then SirFozzie has done little to defend himself so I am very comfortable with my selection.

Quote the whole thing next time RA. He ruled me out as a creature based on his belief that he thought I was a bandit. Since he was a spy he very well could have viewed me and saw that I was not a creature and thus cleared me from suspicion.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #660
digamma
Torchbearer

Vote JeeberD.

I think this gives us a three way tie.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #661
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just to let you know I'll be responding to posts as I read them so if I don't cover something you mention in another post bear with me, and I will get to it.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #662
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Quote the whole thing next time RA. He ruled me out as a creature based on his belief that he thought I was a bandit. Since he was a spy he very well could have viewed me and saw that I was not a creature and thus cleared me from suspicion.
At that point in time...yes; however, things change. You could've been converted.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:13 PM   #663
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gonna play some CoH. I'll be back before 8 to see what happened as far as justifications.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #664
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm having problems quoting and then commenting for some reason, so I'm going to "cut and paste" here with proper credit given to the speaker.

From Raiders Army:

Several things strike me disharmoniously.

Quote:
If anyone votes for Jeff after my plan is out, they are immediately suspected of being a creature. My idea here is not to place the first vote until around 5pm EST. I ask my fellow bandits and those friendly to the bandits efforts, to NOT vote until that time. Anyone voting before then (even if you say its because you won't have time/computer access to vote later) is a Creature or friendly to them in my mind. Once I have placed the vote on someone (not revealing who until I place the vote), then you may vote for that person, but only that person. Around 6pm, I will change my vote to another person I suspect as being a creature. The rest of you may vote for either candidate then.

Why not Jeff? Why the suspicion if you vote for him specifically?

The reason for not Jeff only applied to this morning because someone had already put in a vote for Jeff before my plan was unveiled. The creatures could have jumped on him if I hadn't pointed out that I viewed any vote on him as suspicious. Once the person removed the vote (Hoops?) then it allowed me to continue with my plan. And I also think Jeff is innocent, but that's neither here nor there.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:19 PM   #665
Thomkal
Head Coach

Originally posted by Raiders Army:

Quote:

What this does if I pick a creature with one of my two votes is make the creatures either scramble to save the one I voted for or sacrificing one of their own to protect the others. Of course with our luck, I will nominate two bandits. Anyone who does NOT vote at all is immediately a suspected creature.

The flaw in this is that you let the creatures know your plan. Why scramble when they know you're going to switch your vote?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I probably messed up this part of it. I should have just said I reveal the reason at 6 like I did when I revealed my vote at 5. But I was trying to get my fellow bandits to see that I had a plan that could work rather than just the flailing about we had done before.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-18-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #666
Thomkal
Head Coach

Originally posted by Raiders Army:

Quote:

quite frankly any one who debates my plan at this point, I consider them a creature trying to prevent my efforts to help my fellow bandits win. No one has come up with a plan for finding the creatures, so my fellow bandits and other friendly roles should have NO objections to using this plan. There is much to gain here through voting patterns and little to lose given the fact we have done so poorly so far in our efforts to figure out who's who.

Sounds like a dictatorship.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is just a silly comment that has nothing to do with how we should be voting or not.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-18-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #667
digamma
Torchbearer

You're confusing me because it looks like you are quoting yourself.

Just hit the reply key in the quote you want to post and it will quote it automatically for me.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #668
Thomkal
Head Coach

Originally posted by Raiders Army

Quote:

I will now go through the list of people still alive and comment who I think might be safe at this point.

Okay, what happened to this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's coming but I wanted to see how people reacted to my plan before I made my comments. It certainly made me think differently about some people.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-18-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #669
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So you going to post this before or after the deadline .

Old 07-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #670
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Could Thomkal be trying to get a bandit to attack him tonight?

Uh no...I want to live so I can keep pushing my plan. And as I've said. I am a Bandit. If one of my fellow Bandits kills me, then we've lost another potential weapon against the creatures.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #671
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
At that point in time...yes; however, things change. You could've been converted.
Yes I could have...for that matter you could have been converted after it was revealed you were a bandit when the doctor saved you. So unless you have proof that I was converted its an argument going no where.

I want to trust you RA, you provided some helpful analysis today. That is all I'm trying to do. We should be working together not accusing each other.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-18-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:30 PM   #672
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
You're confusing me because it looks like you are quoting yourself.

Just hit the reply key in the quote you want to post and it will quote it automatically for me.
Sorry Digamma,

After I would say I would give proper credit I didn't because I'm trying to type fast here. The quoting was not working when I was trying to quote RA's post above so I broke it down into chunks.

Edit: I have now re-edited the posts digamma has mentioned to try to make it clear who was saying what. My apologies for any confusion it may have caused.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-18-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:33 PM   #673
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes I could have...for that matter you could have been converted after it was revealed you were a bandit when the doctor saved you. So unless you have proof that I was converted its an argument going no where.

I want to trust you RA, you provided some helpful analysis today. That is all I'm trying to do. We should be working together not accusing each other.

However, you essentially made threats in some of your posts today. That was rather counterproductive in my opinion.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:35 PM   #674
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gone for two hours and the posts have piled up. For right now I'm going to leave my vote on Masked - I'll consider moving it if we need to break a tie at the end as I really don't feel like that gets us any new information.

Thomkal, you had hinted earlier that you had reason to suspect that Jeff played a role that was decidedly pro-bandit. Either of you two care to expand on this?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:36 PM   #675
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
However, you essentially made threats in some of your posts today. That was rather counterproductive in my opinion.

If I made threats its because I saw people trying to undermine my plan. Since I know I am a bandit, I have to consider any such efforts to be creature-like. I had to defend my plan even if it meant stepping on some toes.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:42 PM   #676
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think the 1st day vote could potentially have given us some important info. Vince and Schmidty, two confirmed creatures, voted for Mr. Wednesday and saved Jeebers. I think we almost got lucky early, but the creatures swayed things just enough.

I vote JeebersD.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:42 PM   #677
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
So you going to post this before or after the deadline .

I will be posting this as close to the deadline or thereafter as I can get because I want the focus to be on the two people I voted for.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #678
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sigh. I don't want to undermine you Thomkal, and you've really stepped up. I really think that if you're a creature, you've done a lot of work to win. Does anyone else have any input?
Old 07-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #679
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I really think you're a bandit as well...I just don't know.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:48 PM   #680
Thomkal
Head Coach

Here is the current vote count if I have read correctly. Please double check and note any mistakes.

Vote Count:

Jeeber: Suicane, RA, Digamma, Eagles,
Masked: Brian, Hoops, Fouts
King: Thomkal, Jeff, Masked
Old 07-18-2005, 06:49 PM   #681
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Sigh. I don't want to undermine you Thomkal, and you've really stepped up. I really think that if you're a creature, you've done a lot of work to win. Does anyone else have any input?

I think Thomkal is probably a bandit. If he is a creature, he is a very ballsy creature.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:49 PM   #682
Thomkal
Head Coach

UNVOTE KING
VOTE MASKED

That brings us back to a tie and Masked is the one I'm more suspicious of. I need one of my fellow bandits to break the tie by voting Masked please.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #683
Thomkal
Head Coach

Now I will make a plea for the creatures not to kill or convert me.

1. If you kill me, we have guards who will see it, including some who have likely not revealed themselves as of yet. Even if the votes don't get us a creature, we get us a creature when you kill me.

2. Converting me would be bad because everyone is now going to go over my future posts and voting records with a fine tooth comb. That's the last thing you want. Besides I think you've used up all your conversions.

3. I've used my bandit kill power so I am practically no threat to you as the only power I have is to try to lynch one of you. More valuable targets are available to you.

4. I've probably screwed up everyone with my crazy plan more than you could have done yourselves.

#4 was a joke folks.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:55 PM   #684
Thomkal
Head Coach

Please don't let this end in a tie bandits.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #685
Raiders Army
Coordinator

unvote jeeberd
vote masked

playing coh
Old 07-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #686
Masked
College Starter

unvote king
vote JeeberD

self preservation again
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #687
hoopsguy
General Manager

If I move the vote to Jeebs I'm moving it away from one of your two candidates. I don't want a tie either but I'm hoping someone else will break it.

Tick-tock.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:58 PM   #688
Masked
College Starter

I am not a threat to the bandits. I promise you.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:58 PM   #689
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I thought you wanted a tie. You have made the craziest and most confusing Werewolf day EVER .

Old 07-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #690
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jeff, care to step in here? Suicane?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #691
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

unvote King. Vote Masked

This right?

Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #692
Thomkal
Head Coach

Masked if you weren't a threat you would have agreed and followed my plan. Or at least commented on it.

Here is the current vote count if I have read correctly. Please double check and note any mistakes.

Vote Count:

Jeeber: Suicane, Digamma, Eagles, Masked
Masked: Brian, Hoops, Fouts, RA
King: Thomkal, Jeff,
Brian: Neon_chaos

Forgot the Brian vote before
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #693
hoopsguy
General Manager

Believe it breaks the tie right at the deadline.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #694
Thomkal
Head Coach

Vote Count:

Jeeber: Suicane, Digamma, Eagles, Masked
Masked: Brian, Hoops, Fouts, RA, Jeff
King: Thomkal,
Brian: Neon_chaos
Old 07-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #695
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Jeff, care to step in here? Suicane?

No. Im not a believer.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #696
Thomkal
Head Coach

Masked,

I'm truly sorry if you are a bandit, but you left me no choice when you didn't participate today while I saw you reading the thread.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #697
hoopsguy
General Manager

Although I'm not sure I feel good about being in the same voting group as Brian.

Was kind of hoping that the Thomkal plot might work and force him to change his vote off of Masked if it was our guy. I think it is too late for that now - hope we made a good call (and counted correctly).
Old 07-18-2005, 07:03 PM   #698
Masked
College Starter

Thomkal you switched your vote, I'm going to be dead soon.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #699
Vince
Pro Starter

Huh. Crazy
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #700
Fouts
College Starter

Well I hope we got it right. I'm sure tonight will open up some mysteries with more visions, etc.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote