Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #551
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
I feel the love there Kwhit and thanks a lot for making me a possible target now you turkey. How does that work? Is it a vote anytime before deadline, or just someone's final vote?

nevermind, I'm half way through page 6 and now see how the voting and target thing works now.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #552
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel the love there Kwhit and thanks a lot for making me a possible target now you turkey. How does that work? Is it a vote anytime before deadline, or just someone's final vote?

Just the votes that are on you at deadline count for the wolf targeting stuff.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #553
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
When is the deadline? Just got on and only a couple minutes before a meeting. Going to throw a vote out there but I have no idea what the count is so this will probably change (but it will feel good to say this after last game).

vote Mrs Schmidty

LOL Whaterver makes you feel better EF! I'm only on page 8 now though so I hope you moved that to a more worth candidate later on as opposed to a "just to get even" move =P
Old 06-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #554
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
LOL Whaterver makes you feel better EF! I'm only on page 8 now though so I hope you moved that to a more worth candidate later on as opposed to a "just to get even" move =P

if you play enough games you'll see alot of day 1 votes are "get even" votes
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #555
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I gots to defend the queen of my shack!!! No man or hobo shall besmirch my kin!!!

I propose a duel!!!

Your choice - whitlin' knife, bowling pin, bungee cord, or rusty rebar!!!

Consider this yer challenge:

Vote Eaglefan

Ahhh my knight in tarnished armor!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #556
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Since I am not going to be here tomorrow until after the deadline I need to go ahead and vote tonight. and I thought to myself, if I was hoops, who would i pick? Going down the list I said I would pick Mrs. Schmidty, because well, you always need one woman, she is new so nobody really has a read on her, she rocked her first game, and nobody is going to vote off Schmidty's wife cuz that would piss him off and we wouldn't like Schmidty when he's angry.

Second I would pick Daddy Torgo. I have played three or four games with him as a wolf and he is has always been terrific. Between him and Chief I would put them as two of the best wolves, because they are generally in the middle of the post counts, not Alant number of posts, but not UTR either. Both of them are honest to goodness solid players, and I would have picked one of them.

Third I would have picked SnDVLs, I dont know if he has played lately or not, but from what I remember he was a good player. And reading some of the comments already in this thread y'all remember him being good as well. And since he hasn't played in awhile Hoops might have taken that into consideration and thought we would let him slide for awhile without putting him on the chopping block.

Last is Kwhit... in all the games I have played with him, he has pissed me off at least once in each. He is usually pushy but right on the money with his assessments of players. And I think he is one of the more talkative players so Hoops might have made him a brutal wolf knowing he would get kicked off before the rest of his clan.

Those would be my five wolves... with consideration saldana and barkeep. I would have only picked one girl, since to be honest, we have to work twice as hard and have twice the posts to get any credit on werewolf.

With that in mind I looked at the current vote count, knowing that I would not vote for lathum, and decided to vote between Mrs. Schmidty and DaddyTorgo... I think there will be more of a chance to get more votes on DT than Mrs. so.

vote daddy torgo

I like this analysis, and seeing as how I don't have much more to go off (and I do not want to jump on the Lathum bandwagon), I will jump on yours instead

VOTE DADDY TORGO
Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #557
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm not a wolf. Or a cultist. I am strongly on the side of the village in this game. Like I said, i'd be curious to find out after the game if that's b/c poli picked me before hoops could, or if hoops didn't value me highly enough or what.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #558
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

based on past reads from past games I am pretty sure DT is a wolf
Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #559
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
based on past reads from past games I am pretty sure DT is a wolf

incorrect. You know I try to act the same regardless of whether i'm wolf or villager.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #560
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't care for being part of sending someone out of the game so I usually try to make my votes count as little as possible day one. PB had been my usual day one vote for a while so I had to pick someone else for this game for day one.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #561
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I'm loving this whole OlieRage thing...never had an actual emotion named after me before I might have to put mccollins original use of the word in my sig!

Wonder what it would take to get an "olierage" smilie for use in WW games????

I'm honored!
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #562
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

regardless of what lathum says, I hope anyone who is a seer knows enough not to reveal at this point, regardless of whether he is telling the truth or not.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #563
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: to clarify.

I don't like being part of sending someone out of the game day one when it's pretty much a crap shoot so there is nothing much to base a vote one.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #564
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
very nice analysis!

Who knew I had it in me?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #565
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Since I am not going to be here tomorrow until after the deadline I need to go ahead and vote tonight. and I thought to myself, if I was hoops, who would i pick? Going down the list I said I would pick Mrs. Schmidty, because well, you always need one woman, she is new so nobody really has a read on her, she rocked her first game, and nobody is going to vote off Schmidty's wife cuz that would piss him off and we wouldn't like Schmidty when he's angry.

Second I would pick Daddy Torgo. I have played three or four games with him as a wolf and he is has always been terrific. Between him and Chief I would put them as two of the best wolves, because they are generally in the middle of the post counts, not Alant number of posts, but not UTR either. Both of them are honest to goodness solid players, and I would have picked one of them.

Third I would have picked SnDVLs, I dont know if he has played lately or not, but from what I remember he was a good player. And reading some of the comments already in this thread y'all remember him being good as well. And since he hasn't played in awhile Hoops might have taken that into consideration and thought we would let him slide for awhile without putting him on the chopping block.

Last is Kwhit... in all the games I have played with him, he has pissed me off at least once in each. He is usually pushy but right on the money with his assessments of players. And I think he is one of the more talkative players so Hoops might have made him a brutal wolf knowing he would get kicked off before the rest of his clan.

Those would be my five wolves... with consideration saldana and barkeep. I would have only picked one girl, since to be honest, we have to work twice as hard and have twice the posts to get any credit on werewolf.

With that in mind I looked at the current vote count, knowing that I would not vote for lathum, and decided to vote between Mrs. Schmidty and DaddyTorgo... I think there will be more of a chance to get more votes on DT than Mrs. so.

vote daddy torgo

While I want to say nice analysis, obviously I disagree with some of it. I have been waiting for someone to make a valid argument for someone other than Lathum because I'm just not getting a "wolfy" read on him myself. CR was in my sights last game so I'm not sure if that's just carrying over into this game, or if it's a valid "feeling." I don't know DT and and Kwhit sure seems to be pushy. It seems that for me day 1 votes are going to be based more on "feelings" then anything really being read into posts (ie. you said the word wolf too many times, you must be one!).

Not voting yet myelf, we just have way too much time.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #566
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I like this analysis, and seeing as how I don't have much more to go off (and I do not want to jump on the Lathum bandwagon), I will jump on yours instead

VOTE DADDY TORGO

Wow, In all my games of werewolf I have never started a bandwagon. So this is what Alant feels like all the time...
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #567
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Who knew I had it in me?

****insert tasteless GE joke here***********
Old 06-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #568
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
I don't care for being part of sending someone out of the game so I usually try to make my votes count as little as possible day one. PB had been my usual day one vote for a while so I had to pick someone else for this game for day one.

My Day 1 vote last game, my first game, I used random.org and regreted not looking at things more closely myself.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #569
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You know, even knowing we had some four pages of pre-game posts, you guys have really outdone yourselves. I have just started in this thread, and it's going to be crazy how long it takes me to catch up.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #570
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You know, even knowing we had some four pages of pre-game posts, you guys have really outdone yourselves. I have just started in this thread, and it's going to be crazy how long it takes me to catch up.

i look forward to your comments
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #571
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
A reveal this early makes it seem more likely to me that he is a wolf digging for information to try to use for a night kill target while also trying to save him for a few days instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
His reveal has just made me believe that he's even more likely to be a wolf.

Really? Wow. Back to the drawing board in this game for me - I usually give someone the benefit of the doubt for a bit after a reveal like that.

I'd still like for us to try to come up with another voting target - a runaway does not give us much info to process for day 2.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #572
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I am sorry... I have played with Ardent in a lot of games (back in the day, granted) and I dont think he is that smart. No way he left Lathum there through out the whole process.

Ouch!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #573
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
''serioulsy? I have never ever EVER been UTR, hell this is my first try (not doing so hot )

Maybe UTR is the wrong word, you are just not usually on my "short list" of wolves when the game starts...the ones I automatically go to are Chief Rum, Lathum, Hoops, DT and AlanT.

Though you did lie to me in the TSW game so maybe I should get a revenge vote here
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #574
hoopsguy
General Manager

Olie, I'm not a wolf this time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #575
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
forgot that I have a dentist appointment at that time tomorrow.

Tomorrow must be national go to the dentist at or near deadline day
Old 06-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #576
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post

you know this is a very interesting point for later possibly
Old 06-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #577
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Olie, I'm not a wolf this time.

Oh, well since you are clearly being honest, I believe you...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #578
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe UTR is the wrong word, you are just not usually on my "short list" of wolves when the game starts...the ones I automatically go to are Chief Rum, Lathum, Hoops, DT and AlanT.

Though you did lie to me in the TSW game so maybe I should get a revenge vote here
'
hey i could aoffed you and mcollins night one, i wanted to keep the game goin not just crush yall

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #579
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I am playing under the radar this game. I'm not even top 5 for most posts this game.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #580
SnDvls
Pro Starter

putting in a place holder vote in

VOTE EAGLEFAN

he's just giving me a bad vibe right now is all.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #581
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
'
hey i could aoffed you and mcollins night one, i wanted to keep the game goin not just crush yall

I thought about it later and that was indeed kind of you to allow us to keep playing!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #582
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You need to get your vibe detector checked...

After reading the posts I definitely am standing by my vote. Getting a first time wolf vibe from Mrs Schmidty. She eemed to start out very slow last game and didn't really add a lot of opinion into the mix until she had established herself in a CoT. She seems to be standing out a bit more this time around and trying to disect quite a bit. Maybe she's just really getting into this, which is great, or maybe she is a fanged one.

She also fits quite well into the list of possible draftees for the wolves side as she may be given a little more leeway for her fresh dive right in approach.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #583
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

I'm out for the night...need my beauty sleep I'll be around between 8 and 12 tomorrow, not sure about after that, depends on the weather...
Old 06-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #584
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll be gone tommorrow during the deadline, I have a dentist appointment.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #585
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll be gone tommorrow during the deadline, I have a dentist appointment.

This was a joke post by the way. I'll be around most of the day tommorrow. (and I fully believe that no one who actually is going to the dentist is lying about that as someone inferred before. I think everyone feels lying about RL obligations is pretty taboo)
Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #586
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wish I was lying
Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #587
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wish I was lying

lol, didn't realize soeone else had the same tomorrow. Luckily the bad part of mine happened alerady as tomorrow is just getting the permanent cap put on. Good luck with whatever you are getting done.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #588
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
lol, didn't realize soeone else had the same tomorrow. Luckily the bad part of mine happened alerady as tomorrow is just getting the permanent cap put on. Good luck with whatever you are getting done.

lol, getting a permenent cap put on
Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #589
mccollins
College Prospect

Is that like a neverending drive by?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #590
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am sorry... I have played with Ardent in a lot of games (back in the day, granted) and I dont think he is that smart. No way he left Lathum there through out the whole process.

I know she meant this more as conniving or suggesting that the hypotehtical ardent wouldn't be this mucho crazy looking ahead, but it still makes me laugh to think how he might react.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #591
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i look forward to your comments

Sorry to keep you waiting, Lathum. It's tougher work than I expected running a draft in the OT forum, and also handling the first night of FA in the FOOL league that started tonight.

I am still composing my thoughts, but I'll give you the skinny. I think you made an odd choice, and I'm not sure yet why you did what you did. But I don't think you're a wolf or a cultist, and I am pretty certain my vote will go elsewhere.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 AM   #592
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Sorry to keep you waiting, Lathum. It's tougher work than I expected running a draft in the OT forum, and also handling the first night of FA in the FOOL league that started tonight.

I am still composing my thoughts, but I'll give you the skinny. I think you made an odd choice, and I'm not sure yet why you did what you did. But I don't think you're a wolf or a cultist, and I am pretty certain my vote will go elsewhere.

I have no problem at all if you choose to not worry about the FOOL league tonight.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #593
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have no problem at all if you choose to not worry about the FOOL league tonight.

Heh...I told you. I spent all my money. I'm harmless for the rest of FA now.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #594
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't like the one candidate we have, and no one has done anything I can yet pin down as wolfy. So I'm going to think outside the box like LSG and try to peek into hoops' cryptic mind.

Everyone says Lathum is the obvious wolf, or that he plays it so well, he naturally would be a pick there. I am thinking hoops will take it to the next level. There is a known connection between saldana and Lathum that is often played up. hoops knows Lathum likely gets himself lynched early (sorry Lathum). For whatever inane reason, people will figure the drafter would have Lathum and saldana on the same side, being concerned that they might have special insight into one another on opposite sides. I can see that reasoning, even though I have seen enough of both to know that's not true. But the point is, what will people generally believe, in a drafted game? Lathum and saldana are on the same side. Lathum is lynched, comes up villager. Ergo, saldana is a villager. And he even scans as a villager, because hoops knows saldana is a very smart player and would be a nice unexpected choice for the cunning wolf.

So I'm going with sal.

VOTE SALDANA

Old 06-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #595
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I should say no one "else" has done anything wolfy. I just don't know yet what to make of Lathum's move.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #596
saldana
Pro Starter

i have never played with her before, so i have nothing to go on, but I will accept the "vibe" that some other people are getting from her...i consider that at least as legitimate as the reasoning for lathum

ii will be back around noon eastern during lunch break...can we try not to have 7 more pages by then.

vote mrs schmidty
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:49 AM   #597
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
dola: to clarify.

I don't like being part of sending someone out of the game day one when it's pretty much a crap shoot so there is nothing much to base a vote one.

Then why vote at all?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:07 AM   #598
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post

Oddly enough, RendeR has a dentist appointment today too. Although he should be back well before deadline.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #599
Telle
College Starter

Vote count as of post 598:

6 - Lathum - DaddyTorgo (250), KWhit (278), Barkeep (283), RendeR (294), Danny (431), Alan T (464)
3 - DaddyTorgo - Lathum (339), LoneStarGirl (538), PackerFanatic (556)
2 - Mrs. Schmidty - EagleFan (362), saldana (596)
2 - EagleFan - Schmidty (394), SnDvls (580)
1 - OlieGirl - Passacaglia (270)
1 - KWhit - claphasma (527)
1 - saldana - Chief Rum (594)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #600
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Then why vote at all?

Because it's fun watching people try to disect the hidden meaning from what is a meaningless vote.

Vote movement is more important than taking the gamble to send someone packing day one. I'm all for a no lynch day one as long as something is learned from watching people flounder their votes around.

One thing that is certain is a day one run on just one person is exactly what the wolves want to see, especially if that person is a villager as it tells us nothing and helps them.