Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Crimson Fox, Achievement Whore & Video Game Blog

Hello.

My name is Crimson Fox. And I'm an achievement whore.

II have over 800 Steam Games...around 2017 I started trying to force myself to play through some of these by finding achievments. I always loved getting them. It's a nice little drug rush of a feeling.

The little popping icon with the cute little sound.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I never really considered chasing them though. Not completeing a game. That was too hard for some games. It wasn't until I returned to play the game Serious Sam that I realized that there are a lot of people that love them and made groups to achieve them together. This opened up a whole new way to play some games. And with that one, sprang up a whole community.

I was hooked! I have 25 complete games to my name and I get more achievments every week. This is my story.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-23-2024 at 03:31 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:12 PM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I will start by going chronologically through my complete game history.
You like that? I knew you would.
Old 08-28-2022, 10:25 PM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 08-28-2022, 10:32 PM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

COMPLETION #1

Stanley Parable is a total Parody of games, gamers, gaming life and everything to do with all of the above. It is a narrative complete with narrator where you sit in an office hitting keys while the narrator narrates this.l Every bit of this game makes fun of you as a player and makes fun of all extreme gameplaying nerds. Yet it is hilarious...it is poignant...and even the achievements make fun of achievment hunting and achievments themselves.

Such funny achievments like one for if you try to jump....and there is no jumping.
Another for hitting 8 8 times in the combination and it gives you the 8 achievment. Another bastard one where you have to play the game for an entire Tuesday. That one was so wicked.
Another where you have to stop playing for 5 years.

And just to prove how subversive this game is there is an achievement that you can't even get playing the game...you have to change one of the code ini files and then restart the game.
YOu have to do that for a couple of them actually. And what's even more hilarious is that the game puts you in a penalty room for "cheating"and the narrator grills you and shames you for it. Of course this is indeed all part of the game . What's even moremore hilarious is that so many gamers miss the point of all of this. There are achievment hunting sites that penalize people for getting achs in some ways while missing the point and not penalizing others. This game they penalize the most because they themselves really are the butt of the joke this game pokes fun at. Anyway. IT was strange that this was the first ach I got. And was one of those that taught me about the extreme ways achs can be gotten.

Funniest: Don't Jump!
Most Annoying: Go Outside / Commitment
Most Proud to have gotten: Speed Run (Complete the game in 4 minutes 22 seconds)...you absolutely could not waver or miss any turn in getting to the end for this one. Took a LOT of tries.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-17-2024 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:15 AM   #5
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

This idea causes me mental anguish.

Also good luck.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 02:01 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay this idea kind of got lost as I couldn't figure out how to start. But I guess there's no really playing catchup (ketchup)...and I'll begin by updating a long dormant game where I was stuck at 60%.

I have in my possession a terribly organized system of keeping track of my games.

So eavh game I get starts in the SHELF OF SHAME (shame...shame...shame....) and works its way up. Whenever a a game breaks out of it current categoryand graduates to the next, I call that ASCENDING. There was a time that I had a system...whereby I would I would download a couple handfuls of games and play them one after the other. And I would play them ONLY until I got an achievement and then I would stop no matter how quick it came). Or sometimes I would stop if I got bored. I never initially TRY to get achievments since many achs in games come freely just when you play them. Others are harder. Once I've finished a game or progressed quite a bit, only then would I peek at the conditions for getting achs. ANd some games they are easy to pick off the hidden ones. Some require grinding, some progression...some just playing a lot...some are extreme skill challenges. But overall...I have a rule. I am okay with not 100%ing a game if ann achievment becomes too taxing. Some hard ones I will give myself a few days of trying to get it but I am perfectly happy with "letting it go" as some are just too stupid to bother with. One of my favorite things to do though is to ASCEND a game from one category to the next. It makes me happy and makes me feel productive. And really I came up with this achievment hunting scheme to force myself to play games that have sat dorment and unplayed. And cards just weren't enough reason.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:14 AM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

We shall start each week on Saturday because...it's Saturday.

And now I present the Ascended games of the week:

Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year ASCENDS from 60% to 70%

The last time I got an achievement was 2017. That's when I finished the game. I had made the odd try again over the years but nothing too serious. Today I was watching someone else play it for the first time. (Oh dear!) and that made me load it up again but this time I looked up precisely what I had to do.
I got the BRONZE PREDATOR CHALLENGE achievement but playing a few challenge maps. No hiding having to do this. Just gotta do it altho I did watch a couple videos to see how to do some of these moves. Seriously the main problem with this game was I hadn't played in so long I forgot how. Many things. But after doing 8 of the chalennge requirements in just 3 of the challenge maps was all it took. Will get silver and gold some other time.
Next I finally got the LAST collectible. This had me SO STUCK for so long. I had gotten all the others. But looking it up I see the devs decided to be cute and only allow you to get the last scarab recording once you had gotten all the others and then you had to go to a really annoying place. I spent like 2 hours tryingto get there through tricky tunnels only to realize I could have taken an open doorway that I had completely missed seeing. FML.

But I got the WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE achievment (yet can't find an open doorway he's standing next to)

Despite this fact I still feel like a badass running through the halls or gliding over the countryside.

The next one I jumped into was
THE LAST DAY OF JUNE ASCENDS from 60% to 70%
A clever title because JUNE is your wife. This is a groundhog Day type of game where you spend the same day over and over again trying to prevent a deadly car crash from happening that claimed her.
I got the Flowers in her hair ACH by starting the game over and just feching a flower immediately and giving it to her.
Then I got the Art Afficianado ACH by looking at every painting in their house.

Both of these games I had completed in the past just didn't get all the ACHS.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:20 PM   #8
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I FINALLY got the Batman Achievement of taking out everyone in a predator stealth challenge using all Silent Takedowns without being detected. Had to switch challenges because the first one was too open and the pouncing was REALLY off all the time.

These skeletons are about to get my hand in their face.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:23 AM   #9
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Vampire The Masquerade: The Coteries of New York

Ascends from 20% to 35%...

I finished like 4 sidequests from people I met.
This is part Choose YOur Own Adventure part visual Novel.

I've known about the tabletop RPG for years but this is the first thing I've run into that really gives me the feel about what the world is like...especially without having to put up with a fat annoying nerd in a costume and bad accent.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:24 AM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Also I'm a glutton for punshiment. NOt only am I trying Batman Challenges but I am trying my serious run in Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter...which is playing the entire game on extra hard difficulty...and some of these areas are sooooo shitty. I hate it. I want to take the dev and just punch and punch and punch...

Oh I hate him.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:33 AM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Vampire The Masquerade: The Coteries of New York

Ascends from 20% to 35%...

I finished like 4 sidequests from people I met.
This is part Choose YOur Own Adventure part visual Novel.

I've known about the tabletop RPG for years but this is the first thing I've run into that really gives me the feel about what the world is like...especially without having to put up with a fat annoying nerd in a costume and bad accent.

Oh yeah...after I got those achievements I saved and exited and did a lot of other things...then later went back to it and accidently selected NEW GAME instead of LOAD GAME and overwrote my save file...

And I was at the final battle/ginal major scene when I stopped

Let that sink in.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:26 AM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay got back to where I was. Mostly made the same decisions but sometimes opted for a different response. And it didn't matter one bit. Because there weren't any endings that were different cased on anything you do. Although I realized you can NOT get an ending achiemevnt for a person who you decide to kill. So along the way I got 2 other sidequest complketions. THe nosey reporter who this time I decided to let live and he led me into an ambush. And also the stalker. Finally did the final ending and........it was lame as hell. Twists upon twists upon twists are lame. VtM is already hard to swallow with everyone posturing and talking down to each other and then there's always a big boss behind everything whom you've already met but is secretly the boss. ANd they killed my favorite character in the whole thing. Really...I totally expected this so be lame in a way.

Anyway It ascends from 35% to 45%. I guess there are two other lame characters I can play with maybe diffreent stories? Or maybe it's the same stories with me in a different clan. NO idea.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:38 AM   #13
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Got past the second part of serious sam TSE...oh man that game just soo sucks.

And now playing the last part starting over ONCE AGAIN with no weapons...

This is still the ach where i have to play all the game on extra hard mode all the way through. I can save and do often. All the time. I mean the game should be called Serious Save

Also just got another couple achs in Vampire the Masquerade game. Started over with a new character. Got an ach for that char plus instead of being nice and cooperative I tried to fight and run away from the mean ole vampires. It ended quickly.
Vampire the Masquerade: The Coteries of New YOrk Ascends from 45% to 50%
Old 02-25-2024, 03:19 AM   #14
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Made it fast the grueling and tedious Citadel and Land of the Damned and now into the even more tedious Grand Cathedral. The last level of the game.
Old 02-25-2024, 05:12 AM   #15
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Played Vampire again. This time with the third character...the artiste. This time I again fought with the Vampire Sheridd but in different ways. I tried to attack him instead of running. GOt staked and stuffed in the trunk. At the party, when they pronounced sentencing, I said nothing and accepted my fate. The sheriff cut off my head and that was that. Got 2 achs for my trouble.

VtM-tCoNY Ascends from 50% to 60%
Old 02-26-2024, 04:13 AM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

OH WOW!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WON SERIOUS SAM HD: THE SECOND ENCOUNTER ON SERIOUS MODE AND IT WAS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final level.....just...just....here it is.

That's the opriginal version. They only changed a few things at the end in the HD version. But yeah it's hard.
Old 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM   #17
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Killing the main boss

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-26-2024 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:18 PM   #18
Thomkal
Head Coach

woot! i pretty much ignore achievements-just say oh that's nice and keep playing
Old 02-27-2024, 02:47 PM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
woot! i pretty much ignore achievements-just say oh that's nice and keep playing

you know that "oh that's nice" feeling? That's the serotonin rush I crave.
Thanks for stopping by!
Old 02-27-2024, 02:53 PM   #20
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

VtM-tCoNY Ascends from 60% to 85%

I played the second and third characters before and had them die right away. THis time I played the second one again and made it to the end. He was the Bruhaha member. So I played him like a badass. He's exceptionally fast. That's what his power is. So I tried to attack things and escape things more than talking. I befriended the last two npcs, the two girls, one a cuberjack in type of girl who is always online. The other a well...I dunno she lives at the park with her brother. I completed Hope's quest and got rescued by her. Met tomika and did all but complete her. Both rescued me. I also got two achs I shouildn't have due to a glitch that happens when you alttab to another window. One of those was not brefriending ANY of the NPCs.
Will have to go back and check out that ending. Also VERY disappointed that no matter which character you take ALL the quests are the same including the main storyline and who speaks up for you (who your mentor is) and there is ZERO variation on what happens at the end of the storyline no matter what you do! SEVERELY disappointing for a Choose Your Own Adventure with multiple endings. I mean that's the point.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:56 PM   #21
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The LAst Day of June Ascends from 70% to 80%

I listened to every diarama of the couple in their lives. Dunno how I missed two before. However I was just concerntrating on enjoying the game the first time around and didn't explore every inch of the place. Also got the kid all 5 of his memories (another collectionquest). Am convinced that kids cause death do don't have kids. This little brat is the reason Bob's wife June died because he's a spazz and has to run around town bothering everyone with his soccer ball that ends up in the road and then he runs out into the street to get it. And where are this spazz's parents? Why isn't he in school? Then owe Bob money!
Old 02-27-2024, 10:01 PM   #22
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Also took a few games of Talisman. This is the digital version of the 90s board game. They let you play 1 expansion fort free every week and this week it's The Harbinger Expansion a really shiitty hard dlc. revelations, seven signs, doom, horsemen, heralds of doom, angels, the4 works. Things happen and you have to win before they do. I got 3 achs out of 2 games of it. First I played the Celstial, an angel...total badass. GOt his ach. (Each character has its own ach to get). Then second game I got two really hard ones.
Gentle Graves - Win the game before the Dear RIse (1.3% of steam users got it) and
Clean Sweep - Win the End of Days ending without any heralds and horsemen in play. To do this I had to play a 2 player game playing both players. Usually I let one of them be AI, but that causes them to go for the win, sometimes before I'm ready and often they are difficult to kill since this game is all random movement and hard to move where you need to. Anyway was still hard since this expsion is really a Pve game as the E is so harsh.

and only 0.3% of Talisman players got this ach!...this is like the 5th rarest ach I've gotten.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:55 PM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Inspired and helped by a friend, I went to watch some videos about the next serious sam achievement, CATHEDRAL KING. This is like the METROPOLIS KING achievment from SS:The First encounter. Basically, beat this really hard level without dying....OR reloading. Thus you have to do it in one sitting. Metropolis king was sooooo friggin hard and I still can't believe I did it. However there is some good cheese factor with this one. A lot of it you can sit back from a distance and pick off everything. However you have to get in those positions where you can do that. And to successfully do so you have to concentrate the whole time otherwise something will zap you. Also there is a place at the beginning of the map you can rocket jump over a wall and over a teleporter to the outside of the maze and skip most of it and only do the HUGE LONGASS battles at the end. I've finally through playing around managed to get that first rocket jump but doing both of them has been too hard. It takes extreme precision and I just have to be in the zone to do which frequently doesn't work. I seem to do it great when just practicing. Also my mouse sucks. So I've settled with doing the first jump and then doing the entire final battle at the ends. Both of them I should say. Last night I finally managed to do it! Got up onto the wall. Jumped over the teleporter. Jumped down onto the other side. Ran the megalong distance to the cathedral. GOt some more armour and started the long fight. Ran away from and shot lots of headless kamikazes and made it behind the huge building (where nothing spawns). Then sat back and killed everything that came around the corner and kept a sharp eye out for anything that spawned in the distance on that left side. Just kept picking things off and got braver and braver. and Got everything. Then ran back to the entrance, got everything else that spawned and picked up health and armour and powerups and ran through the final door. Got into place for the final battle and....I messed it upp.

Got too cocky. Peeks around the corner one too many times. I mistook a fast moving werebull for a slow moving roclet pig and he charged me and killed me. Ugh. But it was fun that time. Really fun. I think in future tries I will kill all the zorg at the beginning (red and blue aliens that fire lasers) before making the rocket jumps. Takes the edge off.

Also loaded up Pumpkin Jack a game much like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. You play a pumpkinhead scarecrow with an owl and crow friend. It's a 3D action platformer very cartoony and beetlejuicy.

hooray.

Finally sound my way out of the Barn and did an interesting chase sequence to get out of the burning barn.

Then did a boss battle with a scarecrow for an ach.

CURSE OF THE SCARECROW. Kill the tyrannical scarecrow to liberate the crows.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:27 AM   #24
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pumpkin Jack Ascends from 20% to 30%

I did this weird puzzle area where I pushed a pumpkin bomb with my pumpkin head but the PUZZLE of it is just figuring out what you have to do. Finalkly blew things up. Then I did a minecart thing where I had to Jump and shoot things alternatively.

So two achs for those things.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:22 PM   #25
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This is surreal after many attempts and failures and learning and practicing and refinement....

I sit here, the cathedral King

This one was tough...
Old 02-29-2024, 01:36 PM   #26
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

saving this info for posterity but this achievment took a LOT of research and trial and error

so i talked to another friend
and figured out my rocket jump problem

[1:49 PM]
Mr. Beartato:
what was the problem

[1:49 PM]
sircrimsonfox:
the first rocket is straight down
the 2nd and 3rd have to barely touch the wall
so when i was overthinking i was only going straight down i think
but what's funny is i now know every inch of grand cathedral
hahahaha
i've been like doing the final battle a LOT last few days

[1:50 PM]
Mr. Beartato:
grand cathedral expert :P

sircrimsonfox:
because i messed it up 2 or 3 times

Mr. Beartato:
yeah i did the final battle like 20x before trying

[1:51 PM]
sircrimsonfox:
i actually did the rocket jumps right and cleared out the entire open wave
and failed inside

Mr. Beartato:
ouch

sircrimsonfox:
because it planted a red mech and demons and bulls within eyesigiht
i panicked about being in the corner
and that let bulls see me
and they charged and that was it
both times that happened
so then i would JUST do the final battle from a save
many times
and no problemj at all
but i learned of some cocky things i could do
so here's my list
first....
take out all the zorg and birbs at the start og the level
get the cannon
pick up any extra health and armour needed
then get the +100 health special
triple jump up to the tower
carefully jump over/sidle around the teleport
the teleport spot is ONE spot
but the top of the tower is 2 spots wide
so if you hug the wall you are fine
or have to know where it is to jump over it
or both
it's where the castle wall starts
THEN fall down on the other side
runrunrun
take out any birbs you missed
run to the supply center for the final open battle
get health and armour
that starts the kamis
with tommy shoot all kamis and run
runrunrun
to side of building
take out all kamis from there
then take out kleers
take out red mechs
so in between first two waves
i tried the rocket jump up the side
missed
ran to supply center
and got health and armor and speed
ran back
took out kleer
tried rocket jump again
failed
took out kleer and mechs and zorg
ran back
got armor and health and speed again
ran back
tried again...succeeded!@
got insidfe
this time
i used mini for the first half of battle
also made sure to check constantly nearby
so that bulls did not stack up
also once the pink secret spawned i ran for it
shooting everything i could on the way
that gave me 200 health
oh when i first got inside i got health and armour
and speed to get back to spo before it started
second half of battle i stayed on lasers and ONLY lasers
ONLY LASERS
ONLY LASERS
because demons can spawn
in front of you
and need lasers for fireballs

[1:59 PM]
Mr. Beartato:
damn you really had the entire thing planned out lol

sircrimsonfox:
he spawned like 3 demons in front of me hahaha
yes
yes i did
like i said

Mr. Beartato:
i fucking hate those demons

sircrimsonfox:
i ran the final battle like 10 times this week

Mr. Beartato:
very satisfying to get that achievement

sircrimsonfox:
oh my god you have no idea
well you have SOME idea
and the best thing about it is that i got it by doing BOTH rocket jumps successfully
and didn't have to waste all that time this time on that big battle
so now you know the triple jump
incidently
the ENTIRE top of the wall around the final battle is a teleport INTO the the yard
you know why?
I'll tell you
it's to keep people from rocket jumping onto the wall from INSIDE dureing the final battle
but they didn't realize it allows you to skip the open battle

[2:05 PM]
Mr. Beartato:
yeah thank god, that open battle takes quite a while

sircrimsonfox:
so when i came back from boardgame night last night
i had a determination

Mr. Beartato:
so you going to grind out the other chieves now? :P

sircrimsonfox:
like MOTHER FUCKING I AM GOING TO DO THIS
and i did it
and did the ENTIRE OPEN wave
and then did the final battle
and after getting him doen to a quarter health i got redmeched and deviled and double bulled
that's when i started adding all those extra things

[2:07 PM]
Mr. Beartato:
yeah i can imagine

[2:07 PM]
sircrimsonfox:
but it left this dull empty seething feeling inside me
i'm at 94%
yeah gonna grindgrindgrind

[2:12 PM]
Mr. Beartato:
good luck

[2:13 PM]
sircrimsonfox:
how bout u

Mr. Beartato:
already finished tse ages ago

sircrimsonfox:
i'm guessing you didn't have all this difficulty

Mr. Beartato:
back when we were grinding mp
no i'd been playing serious sam for a long time so serious mode wasn't as bad for me, the no save/load was pretty hard though
but like if you know all the spawns it's a lot less frustrating
i tried playing ss4 on serious first run and i also hated it lol

[2:19 PM]
sircrimsonfox:
wo
wow
wow
wowowowowow
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

[2:20 PM]
Mr. Beartato:
what?

[2:20 PM]
sircrimsonfox:
just
wow
just kinda like...this is surreal
Old 03-02-2024, 07:00 PM   #27
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Last Day of June Ascends from 80% to 85%
I found all the Hunter's memories. Wow he's led a messed up life, always trying to prove himself to his explorer hunter father by shooting things too.

Playing this game this time was...much shorter. THis game has some huge logic problems for a point and click. Causality is not its strong point. But at least I know what to do now. main problem overall is that every character you play has like ONE thing to do. You just have to go all over the map trying to figure out that one thing.
Anyway. Will knock this one completely out soon. Just have the best friend's memory to get and I k,now where that is. And then the old man. I um.... not sure what other achs are left I know there's at least one.

Also I started a new game

New Game Continued: Demon Hunter 2
Demon Hunter 2 Ascends from Achiemevnet Hunt! 0% -> 10%

DH2 is one of those casual point and click puzzle hidden object story games. It is.....uh....it's okay. THe logic is there at least. It's easier than others which is fine. These things should be logical. So I've done 3 hidden object puzzles in under 10 minutes and I did a puzzle without a hint. Wheeeeee. Playing the Santa Claus casual game has prepped me well for this.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:06 PM   #28
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wow missed one...

Mountain Ascends from 30% -> 35%

Mountain is an existential casual idle background game. No joke....nothing really happens for long stretches. You look at this mountain floating in space. THings land on it. YOu can pull them out whatever.

Every now and then some text appears. Very deep and philosophical. That's it really. Oh yeah and you can hit keys to create musical notes. That's the best part rewally. Or the only part. Just...this is pointless.

WHile I was idling I got two achs. One I guess for lots of objects colliding into it and the other for uh....no idea...existing?
Old 03-02-2024, 07:09 PM   #29
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Got another ach for killing a boss in Pumpkin Jack. That's the crash bandicoot like game.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:30 AM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

In Talisman got the achievement "PLANETARY ANNHIALATION AVERTED" by playing both characters and seriously cheesing it.

Talisman Ascends from 70%->75%
Old 03-03-2024, 03:24 PM   #31
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Holy jesus joseph and mary this one was hard. I have just completed The entire Harbinger slection of achievements for Talisman. This is the Harbinger expansion as in Harbinger of doom. You choose a mthod of destruction and there are 7 gin cards that come out and a harbinger of doom and a harbinger deck with nasty things in it. It's awful. And gets harder as you go.

I just got the hardest achievment not only the hardest that I've gotten from this game but the hardest I've gotten in ANY game....at least the rarest.

It was the "I win twice, right?" achievment. Had to get the apocrypha cursed object in my hand and then playing the ARMAGEDDON CROWN ending win the game. Both the armegeddon crown AND the apocrypha have you rolling dice saying you win if the 7th sign card is drawn. It's hard to accomplish because you have to have statsx high enough to win...plus actually GET the object in your hand. That sounds easy but the game state changes constantly and once you get to the 4th sign it starts messing with your ability to have objects in your hand followers too plus the deck is FULL of cursecd items which glut up your hand and you can't drop and they force you to drop other obects...oh yeah you need a talisman too. plus all the weaons and magic that helps you along the way and the monsters in this really mess with your cards. SO hard. This was my second attempt and game lasts hours. I played a two player game and played both players kinda coop style. Used the evil Possessed as my main because he has 8 hp and drawing the end cards reduces your hp. The second character was the Celestial who is a total badass....very helpful in cleaning up the board. Really had to concentrate on removing bad bards which doesn't happen often. Got a lot of bad cards VERY QUICKLY in this game buyt eventually the helpful cards came to even thing out and only one death this time. yay. By the middle both characters were very secure....but really had to keep fighting back the sign cards as they can spring up very quickly ruioning your plans. You can't even win without a talisman card so any harbinger crap can force you to drop it out of nowhere. I mean this achievment was HARD TO COME BY pantpantpant
Old 03-04-2024, 05:28 PM   #32
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Faerie Solitaire Ascends from 75% to 80%

Out of nowhere I got 2 achs for this game. It doesn't have THAT many to begin with so that's why the surprise.
I got
Carder - Play 10K Cards
and
Super Powers - Buy all the Faerie Lord powerups.

truth be told the powerups aren't that exciting.

This game is different from the Fantasy solitaire from earlier. This one is JUST solitaire. No other games. But I like the vibe a LOT more. The artwork is adorable. The Frog Queen being my favorite. Plus it actually tells a story. A pagan story. In fact all the art is very pagan. Forest faeries, trees, wizards, animals, what have you. Each section of 4 areas is a different background and each one of those is a 9 game serties. I usually come on and play 9 games when I wanna. Oh and the music is very calming and delightful. Unlike the jarring trumpets of Fantasy Sol.

The challenges of this one will be the next hurdle plus all those egg creatures.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:28 PM   #33
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You down with O.P.P.?
Old 03-04-2024, 11:06 PM   #34
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pumpkin Jack Ascends from 30% to 40%

The Horseriding mechanic is like the cart riding mechanic....annoying.
But combat is more annoying.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:21 AM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Had some fun with Demon Hunter 2.

Demon Hunter 2 Ascends from 10%->40%

Clicktastic - Complete a Hidden Object Scene without misclicking
No Shortcuts - COmplete 5 puzzles without skipping them
Storyteller - Finish the story from the TV Minigame
Brainiac - Complete a minigame puzzle in less than a minute
Old 03-05-2024, 06:32 PM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

NEW GAME ALERT!

I'm starting Batman:The Telltame Game. That means animation, quicktime events, and choices that pretend to matter.

Batman:tTG Debuts and is pulled off the Shelf of Shame to 0%
Old 03-05-2024, 09:09 PM   #37
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Last Day in June Ascends from 85% -> 90%

Got the She Loves Me She Loves Me Not ach twice.

YOu do this at the beginning of the story by picking a flower for June and then picking all the petals off of it. I did this the first time and it just froze then.

Had to quit and try again and then it triggered twice

I did get all the memories from the Old Man....and....there was NO ach for that!~ RIP OFF!
Old 03-06-2024, 02:26 PM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Murdered: Soul Suspect Ascends from 90% to 95%

Completed the Bell Killer Information and the Codex Ghost Fraffiti collectible quests.

This game is pretty much all investigation and collectibles to solve your own murder as a detective cop. Problem is there are things that glitch, things that are obtuse in what you have to do and definitely annoying sections in it where they want you to play an action game where black ghosts hunt you for no reason. Those parts are truly annoying as are the inconsistent parts where you are trying to find collectibles...but there is some original stuff here. You will just have to look up some locations here and there and the lack of a map is annoying too.
Old 03-07-2024, 06:07 PM   #39
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Song of Horror Ascends from 10%->15%

I finally had to look at a walkthru in this one. A very cthulhuian horror game. It features 4 characters and you choose which one to use. You enter a haunted house. You are looking for people that have disappeared. And you can die...just get swallowed up by the darkness. That's why there are 4 characters. Thing is there are minigames that you must pass with correct button presses which can be tricky and worse on a controller. Lots of running back and forth across the house too. Once you lose all 4 chars, you have to staret the game over. And then there are places where there are instadeaths. sigh. It was such a good game until I got frustrated having to do it over 5 times. Still it IS cool.

To get 2 achs I finally rescued Daniel...the main character that went into the house and disappeared behind a door into a dark realm. 2 others got killed that i used just because the game randomly decided that monsters were behind doors.

So rescuing Daniel and using Alexander the servant to do it.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-07-2024 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:40 PM   #40
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Demon Hunter 2 Ascends from 10% to 66%

Finished the Swap and Plumber Minigames
Solved 3 Hidden Object puzzles without misclicking
Completed a Hidden Object Scene in less than a minute
Old 03-08-2024, 12:54 AM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Faerie Solitaire Ascends from 80% to 90%

2 Achs - I finished the 8th Wave and thus finished the game! The archwizard trapped me inside a magic book and advertised that I play FS2.

Old 03-08-2024, 05:03 PM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Demon Hunter 2 Ascends from 65% to 80%

Finished the Machine minigame by reassembling a car engine. If only it were that easy.

lso in a hidden object puzzle I found 3 objects within 3 seconds of each other for the other.

The last thing I did in the story was defuse a bomb tied to a yacht. I feel like I'm in an 80s action adventure TV show

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-08-2024 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:54 AM   #43
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pac-Man 256 Ascends from 50% to 60%

I feel the same way about this game the way I felt about PacMan on the Atari home video game system.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:23 AM   #44
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Long Live The Queen Ascends from 40% to 45%

This is an AMAZING visual novel/Choose your own adventure/rpg. it's like those statted gamebooks I played with as a kid. It's a visual novel for sure but different things in the story are triggered by your stats. And your stats depends on what you study from week to week. And those are adjusted by your weekly activities and OUTFITS! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

So good!

I killed a defenseless chicken by forcing poisoned chocolates down its beak for an achievement.
I imprisoned my uncle for attempting to assassinate me for another.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:11 AM   #45
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Demon Hunter 2 Ascends from 80% to 90%
Old 03-11-2024, 07:43 AM   #46
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Portal 2 Ascends from 35% to 40%

Got a mean speed test achievement called Overclocker. Had to complete chamber 10 in 70 seconds.

lots of watching videos then saves then try and try again.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:38 AM   #47
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Book of Demons - Ascends from 0+% to 5%
This is basically Diablo 1 with paper cutout characters and monsters.

NEW GAME ALERT!!!!!!

Control Ultimate Edition Ascends from Shelf of Shame to 0+%
This is a gunfight 3rd person isometric game. Its difficulty escaltes quickly and what's worse it is a checkpoint game so you keep fighting the same fights to learn how to best beat them but then you die and go back to checkpoints and have to run all the way back to the same room again and then start all over. Games that erase your progress are just terrible.
Old 03-14-2024, 09:45 PM   #48
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Book of Demons Ascends from 5% to 10%

There are over 200 achs for this game and i'm liking it the more I play. In effect it is very much like Diablo or Icewind Dale with the gameplay and dungeon crawl. I do like a game with lots of achs.
Just yesterday I got:

Yummy Brew - Buy content of the Magical Cauldron 5 times

Master Mason - Defeat 100 Gargoyles

Voyage - Unlock big flexiscope game size

Heartbreaker - Destroy 1000 monster hearts in total

So Far So Good - Finish 5 games

Cleanser - Clear 5 dungeon levels

Cleansing Spark - Burn 30 monsters to ashes

First Riddle - Identify your first card with Sage

Heartpicker - Pick 50 hearts from the ground

Who's the Boss? - Defeat 5 boss monsters

Master Survivor - Defeat 100 Zombies

Deck Shuffle - Equip a slot with a card 10 times in total

Master Bone Collector - Defeat 100 Skeletons

Unlucky -Destroy 50 empty barrels in the dungeon

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-14-2024 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:02 AM   #49
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Book of Demons Ascends from 10% -> 15%

This game is kinda addictive. I like it.

Adept Exterminator - Defeat 10 Spiders

Stomp Harder - Destroy 5 Slimy Spores before they explode
Master Exterminator - Defeat 100 Spiders

Hell's Kitchen - Defeat the Cook with any hero
Path to Hell - Leave 10000 footprints in the dungeon

Stomp Better - Destroy 50 Slimy Spores before they explode
Adept Goatherd - Defeat 10 Goatmen

Adept Ghostbuster - Defeat 10 Ghosts

Cleansing Flame - Burn 100 monsters to ashes
Deck Tactics - Equip a slot with a card 100 times in total
Clumsy as an Ox - Miss 500 times

Master Goatherd - Defeat 100 Goatmen
Master Ghostbuster - Defeat 100 Ghosts
Lucky 7 - Unlock the 7th cards slot

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-15-2024 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:25 AM   #50
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Virginia Ascends from 70% -> 100%

VIRGINIA IS 100% COMPLETED!

Virginia is a cinematic story where you take the role of Anne Tarver, a newly graduated FBI agent who is tasked with spying on her new partner. It is...odd...yet charming and appealing. The score is wonderful. The odd thing about this is...there is no dialogue whatsoever. Neither spoken nor subtitled. You control Anne's movement and can click on certain things to progress the story...it's all in choppy scenes, not entire scenes and often your control is very limited. It's all based on the movie experience. Heck if I know what the plot is. The achievements make even less sense. Some are collection but many are based on what you look at. It's more an experience than a game. Like smoking pot.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-15-2024 at 04:26 AM.