Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
WrongWay
Banned

"the coaching staff must of saw something they didn't like upstairs"

I have always wondered exactly what is going on upstairs in each Coaching box during that 30 second break. How much access does each team have to the video footage?

1) Are they just watching the replay with the rest of the world on their TV?

2) Do they have a complete media center set up so they can manually check all the camera angles themselves?

3) Do they have a feed set up with the network so they can just call down to the Media center and ask for a particular camera and speed form the box?

4) Maybe each team is allowed to have 1 person in the media trailer to watch and replay all the camera angles.

Come on, spoil my day by lifting the curtain of this TV magic. Just how smart are those coaches upstairs?

Last edited by WrongWay : 11-02-2005 at 09:34 AM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

According to the announcers I've heard they just have the TV footage everyone has.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-02-2005 at 09:37 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

Are you quoting Bill Maas there? I can't think of anyone else that would fracture the English language that badly...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:45 AM   #4
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Are you quoting Bill Maas there? I can't think of anyone else that would fracture the English language that badly...
MNF John Madden?
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I can't say for sure at NFL level - but in NFL Europe, I was a stats guy up top next to the coaches.

We all had the main TV feed but you often had one or two extra monitors that showed one individual camera man's footage - not through any great planning, just down to the guy who set the stuff up.

One time, just as half time hit, the cameraman started perving on the breasts of the cheerleaders. He was zoomed right in - after they left the field, he kept rewinding his feed and playing it back for himself. He was very red in the face when he realised half the people around him were laughing at him (whilst secretely enjoying the show)
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote