Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #2851
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
you 2 are agreeing an awful lot.....

Oh, sorry about that.

It's likely just because we're a shitload smarter than you are.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #2852
Danny
Head Coach

I guess you guys are right. If Glen is a wolf he's doing a nice job so far though.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #2853
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
No offense, but I'm not trusting you for making things go Boom. Not saying I'm looking your way today, but that's not a clearing action. Once NTN passed you the dynomite you basically had to use it at some point.

i didn't use that - i used the stuff i started with
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #2854
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i didn't use that - i used the stuff i started with

Ok, wait, I'm confused. So you started with some, plus NTN and BK passed you some?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #2855
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Or just BK?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #2856
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

pay attention smartty pants!

NTN passed it to BK who passed it to DT

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #2857
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well hell man
Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #2858
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
No offense, but I'm not trusting you for making things go Boom. Not saying I'm looking your way today, but that's not a clearing action. Once NTN passed you the dynomite you basically had to use it at some point.

I passed Barkeep the Dynamite, he passed it on to DT.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #2859
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm...

I decided last night I wasn't going to move my vote from NTN.

Now NTN and TNT are making me wonder.

He handed it over to BK, who had a known role. Seemingly safe villager play. If he were a wolf, would the wolves hand over Dynamite to gain trust? I mean I can see handing over a knife maybe, or a lantern or somesuch. The wolves would have to think that handing over Dynamite would end up biting them.

Now I'm torn. I figured that NTN and DT were about equally likely to be guilty. With DT slightly more in the good light. Giving real consideration to NTN's actions with the TNT, and DT's lack of action regarding it. I could see going to DT.

I still think that since they were the only two uncleared to vote PB, that there is a prety strong case for one of them to be a wolf.

Is that just me barking up a wrong tree?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #2860
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have been ducking around this to stay in the game longer, but let me go ahead and say. I have a role. I can state it if I need to, but I think it should be clear what that role could entail.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #2861
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote Danny

Might as well do what I've been planning on doing all along
Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #2862
Danny
Head Coach

I feel special when you guys vote me
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #2863
Danny
Head Coach

It won't help the labor to lynch me, but I am curious enough about the game mechanics and who the wolves are that dying and finding out early wouldn't be the worst thing.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #2864
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

You should. It's an honor.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #2865
Danny
Head Coach

I do find it odd though that you would lynch me before PB. It would be unlikely I was a wolf if PB was good and likely if PB was bad.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #2866
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I do find it odd though that you would lynch me before PB. It would be unlikely I was a wolf if PB was good and likely if PB was bad.

Splain please.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #2867
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote ntn

vote Lathum

Time to put some pressure on. First he agreed with me when I trotted DT's name out there and no he and jeheinz are agreeing with everything. The last time I saw them work like that they were both wolves. The last time Lathum has agreed with me without adding an extra "unless..." or other condition to it was.... never.

If they went all out yesterday with two actions (based on an earlier assumption by BK and how they may have limited resources) to not only stop the camp but to get TheNorm it must mean something. Either they were afraid that TheNorm was going to expose another wolf or they feel he had outlived his "usefulness" and had already cleared the Cunning or worse has cleared a cunning and someone who has been converted.

While I am not entirely sold on ntn just because he passed an object to BK does not clear him, especially since it seems clear that only a specifically roled player could use it. We already knew BK was the duke so he would be the safe person to pass an object like that to since the odds of the duke also having a role of being able to use the object are probably pretty slim.

I know this puts a target on my head for trying to go out of the box but I think we need to shake the tree a bit to see what falls out. This game has begun to look like the Office Space game where the villagers began turning on each other and the wolves sat back and watched without having to make any bold moves.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #2868
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I just think attacking our list of cleared people before sorting out at least a bit more on the uncleareds is a surefire path to failure for us.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #2869
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

And yes, I realize that is self-serving in a way.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #2870
Danny
Head Coach

On day two I was the one who was on Jackal all day and set Jackal up for a lynch before it was duked away from him. On day three I put an early vote on him as well. Jackal is a wolf. This move helped me gain a fair amount of trust going forward.

On the day PB and Dubb were up for a lynch, I made a risky move moving my vote all around and then switching at the last second which destroyed all the trust I had and put me at the top of the suspect list. If I was a wolf, there's no way I would have done that unless PB was a wolf and I was saving him.

I think lynching PB tells a lot about me (and potentially others based on that day's vote) where as lynching me tells nothing about PB as I have no clue if he really is good.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #2871
Danny
Head Coach

With all that said, I don't have a wolfy read on PB, so I don't think I'll be voting him.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #2872
Danny
Head Coach

I kind of have had the same feeling with so many people having such a large trust list and being to emphatic on picking from a select group of players. It's hard to make this play though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
unvote ntn

vote Lathum

Time to put some pressure on. First he agreed with me when I trotted DT's name out there and no he and jeheinz are agreeing with everything. The last time I saw them work like that they were both wolves. The last time Lathum has agreed with me without adding an extra "unless..." or other condition to it was.... never.

If they went all out yesterday with two actions (based on an earlier assumption by BK and how they may have limited resources) to not only stop the camp but to get TheNorm it must mean something. Either they were afraid that TheNorm was going to expose another wolf or they feel he had outlived his "usefulness" and had already cleared the Cunning or worse has cleared a cunning and someone who has been converted.

While I am not entirely sold on ntn just because he passed an object to BK does not clear him, especially since it seems clear that only a specifically roled player could use it. We already knew BK was the duke so he would be the safe person to pass an object like that to since the odds of the duke also having a role of being able to use the object are probably pretty slim.

I know this puts a target on my head for trying to go out of the box but I think we need to shake the tree a bit to see what falls out. This game has begun to look like the Office Space game where the villagers began turning on each other and the wolves sat back and watched without having to make any bold moves.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #2873
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This is something I follow.

If you moved to save the wolf PB, it would have clearly been a lupine act of desperation. Which given the previous deaths of two wolves, seems to be a possibility. So in effect if we lynch you, and your a sympathizer, we then take out PB, and we have endgame.

If you moved to save PB because you believed in him as a villager, and we were v on v, then we only have a vote record to review.

I can get behind either a vote for you(Danny) or PB.

or

a vote for DT or NTN.

I'm not sure I see the logic in voting Clap, but that doesn't mean there isn't any.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #2874
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I kind of have had the same feeling with so many people having such a large trust list and being to emphatic on picking from a select group of players. It's hard to make this play though.

I just want to see what falls out when I shake the tree. Doing the normal moves don;t seem to be helping us (we caught one on a duke due to a good feel by BK and another on a scan so it's not like we've been lighting it up with our voting logic).
Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #2875
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
On day two I was the one who was on Jackal all day and set Jackal up for a lynch before it was duked away from him. On day three I put an early vote on him as well. Jackal is a wolf. This move helped me gain a fair amount of trust going forward.

On the day PB and Dubb were up for a lynch, I made a risky move moving my vote all around and then switching at the last second which destroyed all the trust I had and put me at the top of the suspect list. If I was a wolf, there's no way I would have done that unless PB was a wolf and I was saving him.

I think lynching PB tells a lot about me (and potentially others based on that day's vote) where as lynching me tells nothing about PB as I have no clue if he really is good.

Fair enough.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #2876
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
This is something I follow.

If you moved to save the wolf PB, it would have clearly been a lupine act of desperation. Which given the previous deaths of two wolves, seems to be a possibility. So in effect if we lynch you, and your a sympathizer, we then take out PB, and we have endgame.

If you moved to save PB because you believed in him as a villager, and we were v on v, then we only have a vote record to review.

I can get behind either a vote for you(Danny) or PB.

or

a vote for DT or NTN.

I'm not sure I see the logic in voting Clap, but that doesn't mean there isn't any.

That's what I"m trying to figure out basically. Who is our pair which gives us the best chance at at least being wolf vs villager

Personally I like PB vs Danny (even if I'm voting for the wrong one atm) moreso than NTN and DT

Also, what about USFL?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #2877
Danny
Head Coach

Id rather you guys vote for PB and I then NTN and DT. I think they are both good and have roles to boot.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #2878
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess you guys are right. If Glen is a wolf ...[then]... he's doing a nice job so far though.

Both of those statements are pretty unlikely.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #2879
Danny
Head Coach

And on the logic of PB and I, the problem with lynching me first is it says tells you nothing about PB. When I turn up villager, it won't mean PB is any more or less likely to be a wolf.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #2880
Danny
Head Coach

And if you guys lynch PB and he turns up wolf I am still a villager, but I will happily accept my lynching knowing it is because we caught a wolf.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #2881
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Id rather you guys vote for PB and I then NTN and DT. I think they are both good and have roles to boot.

What role does ntn have? It seems that DT has some sort of demolitions type of role but ntn? Does he have the invisible role?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #2882
Danny
Head Coach

NTN has been responsible for all items we have gotten in this game. I'm sure his role entails that.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #2883
Danny
Head Coach

I know you guys are paranoid about trusting them, but I can't believe those abilities would be given to the wolves who already have so much going for them.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #2884
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Some of the laws that had been passed that were ignored by coal operators in southern WV by 1920:

Coal Cars were required to be stamped by how much tonnage they would allow.
Companies were required to allow miners to hire Checkweighmen to verify how much coal was in a ton.
Company script could not be used as money.
Mines did not have scales in order to determine how much was in the bins and carts.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #2885
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
NTN has been responsible for all items we have gotten in this game. I'm sure his role entails that.

to be fair I will say just most of the items we have gotten, several got items in that mission a few days back.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #2886
Danny
Head Coach

We need some more people on the mission
Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #2887
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
you 2 are agreeing an awful lot.....

Seriously, its disturbing.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #2888
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have not spelled out my role but the gist of it is out there, so I guess it wont hurt to actually name it: Procurement Officer.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #2889
Danny
Head Coach

Food Distribution: Danny x3 (2750), EagleFan x3 (2757), Lathum x3 (2760) (9/10)

Oratory: automatic

Hunting: PurdueBrad (2774), Render (2/8)

Mission: ntndeacon (2759) (0/?), Chief Rum (2773), Glengoyne (2767), USFL Techmo

No work orders: Barkeep49, jeheinz72, DaddyTorgo, claphamsa,
Old 05-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #2890
Danny
Head Coach

We need three more people on the mission. Then one on food distribution and we are good.

Then we lynch someone and tonight DT used his dynamite and tomorrow all 12 of us work on hunting.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #2891
Danny
Head Coach

Whoever is here now and can go on the mission should do it, leave the labor for others as that deadline is later.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #2892
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
That's what I"m trying to figure out basically. Who is our pair which gives us the best chance at at least being wolf vs villager

Personally I like PB vs Danny (even if I'm voting for the wrong one atm) moreso than NTN and DT

Also, what about USFL?

People have been using my quietness against me...but USFL is almost as quiet, plus something about his arrest raises my hackles some.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #2893
Danny
Head Coach

PB or Render, if you come on, can you please go on the mission instead of working.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #2894
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Go On Mission
Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #2895
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
People have been using my quietness against me...but USFL is almost as quiet, plus something about his arrest raises my hackles some.

Yeah, I don't know as much about him.

You I know are quiet. Always have been in any game I've played with you. So I worry about it a lot less.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #2896
Danny
Head Coach

That gives us 5 on mission, two more should hopefully allow us to complete it.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #2897
RendeR
Coordinator

Remove Work on HUnting

GO ON MISSION
Old 05-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #2898
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm withya Cap'n!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #2899
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Go on mission
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #2900
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 2899:

Food Distribution: Danny x3 (2750), EagleFan x3 (2757), Lathum x3 (2760) (9/10)

Oratory: automatic

Hunting: PurdueBrad (2774), claphamsa (2778) (2/8)

Mission: ntndeacon (2759), Glengoyne (2767), Chief Rum (2773), USFLTecmo (2810), jeheinz72 (2894), RendeR (2897), Barkeep49 (2899) (7/?)

ntndeacon 1 - Glengoyne (2767)
claphamsa 4 - Lathum (2771), Chief Rum (2772), Danny (2801), RendeR (2842)
Danny 2 - clamphamsa (2777), jeheinz72 (2861)
DaddyTorgo 1 - Barkeep49 (2779)
Lathum 1 - EagleFan (2867)

No work orders: Lathum, DaddyTorgo, USFLTecmo

No vote: DaddyTorgo, USFLTecmo, ntndeacon, PurdueBrad