Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #501
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Agreed. Especially now that information is coming out. I was afraid to share the things I dreamed due to the fact that it would put a target on my head. Little did I know, there were many of us having the same dreams. I still feel that I will be targeted by the wolves or magicians, but at least now I know that there is a bit more safety in numbers.

I am hoping that we villagers are just caught in the middle of warring factions, and now that they know who the villagers are, they will leave us alone and go after each other.

What I am concerned about, though is that there appears to be 3 other factions, not two: Werewolves, Magicians, and Knights. I am unclear how that fits into my dreams of forces approaching from the North and South. That sounded like 2 factions to me, not 3 (although the dream was not explicit as to the number of groups).

I think the faction from the north is pretty clearly the magicians. We know they live up there and many villagers thought they were evil. The faction from the south is probably the nights since that is where the next big town is. I would expect the King's men to come from a big town. That just leaves the question of the wolves. Are they aligned with the magicians? If so, why did they eat King after he was identified as being evil? Are they aligned with the knights? Highly doubtful. They could be a solo faction working against both the magicians and knights...
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #502
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
I don't assume anything on Barkeep, but do you honestly think he would go after someone who had a non-key evil(or not good) role when that person didn't even vote for him? I find that very very hard to believe.

And I find it hard to believe that there is more than four villagers, and I am pretty sure one of them is dead(Eaglesfan, who I believe was the other regular villager and saw a dream that I and either Fonzie or Fouts were villagers. There was no reason for him to disclose what he did in the manner he did otherwise. Unfortunately I read the signs too late and at the time thought he was bluffing as being the seer. Sorry Eaglesfan, if I am right I ask you for some ghostly forgiveness.) So thats four villagers. You expect me to believe in a game with this many factions that there are more than 4 villagers? I don't buy it. Sure are a lot of people that are likely evil or not good claiming to be villagers around here.

No I don't. Like I said, I think Qwik was likely evil as well. It just isn't a given. I take it you are implying that at least one of the five alive that are claiming to be villagers, is not.

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-08-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #503
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Right. Your suspicions in what regards? My posts rubbed you the wrong way? Post something concrete and we can have a discussion. Interesting that I was rubbing you the wrong way all along, yet you voted with me all three times. I will tell you who the two remaining evil doers are, assuming KWhit and all four of the villagers are telling the truth.

BrianD and jeff061

Swaggs and I are the two remaining knights. Airhog was the third. At this point there is no real point in remaining hidden as I can see where this vote is going. I would prefer not to reveal my specific role, but will do so if pressed.

Should note that it is possible that only one of the two remaining is evil.

There goes trying to be subtle.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #504
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I will when I get home and I can look over things more, we got all weekend. You didn't see me cast a vote did you?

No, but I could gather from the tone of your recent posts what your vote was likely going to be.

Sorry for outing you Swaggs, but I felt if I said nothing the order of lynching would have been me, then you. It still might turn out that way, but at least I'll be able to say I told you so at the end.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #505
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heh, no kidding. I said I was suspicious, we got to days til a deadline and he lays everything out there .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #506
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In any case I'm a villager with a minor ability that really has not benefited us.

I'll look at BrianD to, he's been under the radar, hadn't thought about him much.

Since we are all coming clean, a doctor is generally going to try to stay under the radar.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:23 PM   #507
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I have made no decisions on a vote, not even close but I got to look at one guy at a time when I'm analyzing backposts, and you stood out. I post on it only because I don't want to be the only set of eyes.

Brian, let's not come that clean. If you guys are getting so desperate as to spell everything out, at least wait til Sunday.

Settle down fellas .

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-08-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #508
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Looking at Desnudo's post there are two ways this can go:

Either we agree with him, and go after jeff061 and then wait to see what happens with Brian (Brian.. you're going to have to give us more info about your role, I find your "Save on a coinflip" statement VERY troubling.. for reasons I won't get into right now).

or we decide that Des and Swaggs are tricking us and go that way.

I don't see another way we can play this, team.

I'm beginning to wonder if one of the remaining roles is a puppetmaster for the ghosts.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #509
Desnudo
Coordinator

In my opinion, since there are no events occurring between now and then, it doesn't matter. I think we're more likely to have everyone around right now than at various points over the weekend.

And, as people probably know from the previous game, I like to run around with my pants down. It's too bad Airhog died so early, we would have made a great team.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #510
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Looking at Desnudo's post there are two ways this can go:

Either we agree with him, and go after jeff061 and then wait to see what happens with Brian (Brian.. you're going to have to give us more info about your role, I find your "Save on a coinflip" statement VERY troubling.. for reasons I won't get into right now).

or we decide that Des and Swaggs are tricking us and go that way.

I don't see another way we can play this, team.

I'm beginning to wonder if one of the remaining roles is a puppetmaster for the ghosts.

I did say if all four remaining villagers and KWhit are telling the truth. I found Tigercat's comments interesting, since he implies that at least one perhaps isn't.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #511
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In my opinion, since there are no events occurring between now and then, it doesn't matter. I think we're more likely to have everyone around right now than at various points over the weekend.

And, as people probably know from the previous game, I like to run around with my pants down. It's too bad Airhog died so early, we would have made a great team.

BTW Des, in my continuing search for greater opacity, you are saying that ntndeacon, who blooded a wolf before being killed... was NOT a knight, correct?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #512
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Tigercat and Fonzie are cleared. They both showed up as villagers in the dream. Fonzie cleared Fouts as the Brothers. I have no such vouching for, except for the fact that I was the one who broached the subject.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #513
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW Des, in my continuing search for greater opacity, you are saying that ntndeacon, who blooded a wolf before being killed... was NOT a knight, correct?

It is 100% fact. Like I said in a previous post, we are here to clear out the dark cult of magicians, not specifically to hunt werewolves.

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-08-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #514
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

All I'll say is I did get the dreams on Tiger and Fonzie. I had proved it before getting a wrist slap .

Either I am 100% innocent or we can throw out the idea that having the dream means you are innocent.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #515
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Brian, I see you're reading.. anything to say, sir?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #516
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
All I'll say is I did get the dreams on Tiger and Fonzie. I had proved it before getting a wrist slap .

Either I am 100% innocent or we can throw out the idea that having the dream means you are innocent.

That does raise the interesting possibility that a werewolf, or two, could be receiving these dreams as well. It seems unlikely, but we should discuss all possibilities.

Also, KWhit had a completely different dream.

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-08-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #517
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brian, I see you're reading.. anything to say, sir?

Sorry, I had actually answered your question before you asked it. My coin-flip comment? As the doctor, I have a 50% chance of saving the person I am watching over if they get attacked. I was watching over Taz, but apparently lost the coin-flip to be able to save him.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #518
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BULLSHIT.

You just earned my vote.

I am the Doctor.

I VOTE BrianD

Last edited by SirFozzie : 07-08-2005 at 01:45 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #519
Desnudo
Coordinator

Very interesting.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #520
KWhit
Coordinator

This is awsome.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #521
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Very interesting.

Don't you just love it when someone makes a bluff at the pot with a pair of fours, only to find out someone else has a straight flush?

But then again, we're playing more then table stakes here, aren't we Brian?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #522
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, KWhit had a completely different dream.

Different from whom? You?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #523
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Well, well, well.

The plot, she thickens!
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #524
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Nicely played.

Thought it was odd he'd come out and admit that. Wish you played it a bit more subtely, but it got the job done .

Old 07-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #525
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Different from whom? You?

"Also, the dream included two factions approaching us - from the North and the South."

Unless that was something that everyone else had to. I have not received any dreams as I am not a villager.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #526
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Oh yeah.

Vote BrianD

He probably was gambling that there was not doctor role this game. If he had survived the night he would of been the first to go tomorrow.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #527
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
BULLSHIT.

You just earned my vote.

I am the Doctor.

I VOTE BrianD

Obviously you are just trying to see if I will flinch and give something away. I have nothing to give away because I am a doctor.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #528
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nicely played.

Thought it was odd he'd come out and admit that. Wish you played it a bit more subtely, but it got the job done .

He had to. The tide had pointed to him, jeff and Kwhit (there are six or seven of us who either have admitted to being knights or been "cleared" by villager dreams. And the other folks had spoken (jeff pointing out he had the dreams too), etcetera. If he didn't come up with a lie as to his role, then he would havev been the target as default.

If he had said "The bodyguard or The Hunter" or something similar, it might have deflected it.. but folks might have thought that the one who pulled the knife was that role. The the Doctor was a role that he could claim, and hope that one of the folks who had died quietly so far was.. and he could bluff it through to the end.

Sadly, a Doctor was in the house already, and his quackery is about to get him with the biggest malpractice suit in village history.. a dance with a rope.

I didn't want to leave any doubt.. with one or two wolves left, it's almost a needed sacrifice at this point to remove a wolf at any cost.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:55 PM   #529
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Obviously you are just trying to see if I will flinch and give something away. I have nothing to give away because I am a doctor.

Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #530
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Unless he is the one spinning these dreams and wrongfully accusing tiger and fonzie, I believe him. I took this into consideration before voting.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:57 PM   #531
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Unvote Desnudo

I vote BrianD
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #532
Swaggs
Coordinator

This has taken quite an interesing turn.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #533
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The people that hadn't been cleared were me, Jeff, and KWhit. Jeff posted his dream, so that clears him. After Jeff posted his dream, KWhit came out with an "Oh yeah, I had that dream too." post. I believe if we lynch KWhit, there won't be any more killings.

I vote KWhit
Old 07-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #534
Desnudo
Coordinator

I Vote BrianD

I am 99.99% sure that SirFozzie is who he says he is since he started the whole dream thread. I think this is the first time someone got caught in an undeniable lie.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #535
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Here is the deal. There are reasons to lynch almost everyone if you look hard enough. None of which are even close to what is stacked up against Brian at the moment.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:04 PM   #536
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
The people that hadn't been cleared were me, Jeff, and KWhit. Jeff posted his dream, so that clears him. After Jeff posted his dream, KWhit came out with an "Oh yeah, I had that dream too." post. I believe if we lynch KWhit, there won't be any more killings.

Oh please!

I dropped enough hints as to the specifics of my dream that anyone who actually had the dream knows that I had it.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #537
Buzzbee
College Starter

Man, where's my popcorn!

Too bad we'll have to wait until Sunday.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #538
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Oh please!

I dropped enough hints as to the specifics of my dream that anyone who actually had the dream knows that I had it.

Which is really hard to do when it is posted here.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #539
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah I actually quoted it though trying to prove my innocence, oops . Which I think is his point.

However it was only up for an hour from about 5:30am-6:30am eastern time. I think it was not viewed that much, if it all.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #540
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Man, where's my popcorn!

Too bad we'll have to wait until Sunday.

Indeed. This is great initrigue - but I fear it may fizzle out by Sunday.

Or, perhaps, we'll have intrigue building upon intrigue all weekend.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #541
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I actually quoted it though trying to prove my innocence, oops . Which I think is his point.

However it was only up for an hour from about 5:30am-6:30am eastern time. I think it was not viewed that much, if it all.

It probably doesn't take much, and an hour is a pretty long time.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #542
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's gonna be a massive denouement on Sunday. The lynching, followed by waiting to see if a wolf/magician attacks again. Then we get down to the nitty gritty.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #543
Desnudo
Coordinator

That's what I'm really curious to see. If this vote doesn't end it, then the next round is going to be volatile to say the least.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:14 PM   #544
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I sure as hell wasn't online during that time period. I was asleep and then on my way to work. I don't know if there's any way to check that on the board, but I most definitely did not see his dream posted.

BrianD looks even more guilty to me now, if he's trying to spin that I saw jeff's post at 5:30 in the morning.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #545
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
It probably doesn't take much, and an hour is a pretty long time.

Dude, you have been busted. Obfuscate all you want.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #546
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah at 5:30 in the morning on the east coast though? With, what, a 7 hour differential between mine and Kwit's post?

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-08-2005 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #547
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I sure as hell wasn't online during that time period. I was asleep and then on my way to work. I don't know if there's any way to check that on the board, but I most definitely did not see his dream posted.

BrianD looks even more guilty to me now, if he's trying to spin that I saw jeff's post at 5:30 in the morning.

You went from sleeping straight to on your way to work? Clearly there is no computer time there. Someone in your house carry you to the car so you can be on the road as soon as you wake up?
Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #548
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah at 5:30 in the morning on the east coast though?

I live in Atlanta, GA (Conyers, actually).
Old 07-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #549
Tigercat
College Starter

Here is my good role breakdown of what I am sure of:

I am sure of (at least) 4 villagers, one dead
A dream weaver person, dead
One knight, dead
A seer person, dead(Least sure of Lathoms role right now, but I am fairly certain we saw one evil faction kill another in barkeeps actions, so I feel pretty good about giving him the benefit of the doubt.)

That by itself is 7 roles out of 17, keeping in mind we believe that the Wolves and Magicians are likely waring against each other. So trying to figure out how many liars we may have here, we have to try and guess what kind of balance must be in this game. There are claims that there are 2 knights out there and one doctor? Possible, i suppose 10 good roles makes some sense for balance, but then what about Jeff's mysterious good guy role? Is 11 a possibility? I doubt it. Hell I doubt even 10. Me thinks there is a good bit of lieing going on here, even beyond two people claiming to be one role which may not even be in this game. But right now watching a little lieing doesn't hurt, because it might help root out who the factions are.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #550
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW.. if you go back.. here's a bit of information that may confirm that Swaggs and Desnudo are knights and therefore clean.

On vote 2: Taz had thoughts about Desnudo being a wolf, and Swaggs immediately went after him, saying that Taz was working against the group.

So.. either they are telling the truth and are knights.. OR.. Desnudo and Swaggs are wolves (along with Brian)... I do not think htere's three wolves left along with all the special roles, so that would likely clear Des/Swaggs as wolves.