Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #1251
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Again if Path is bad then Lathum has to be bad. If Lathum is bad then Path has to bad. Those are absolutes. It is a stretch to think both of them are bad at this point I would say but if they both continue to hang around it is something that may need to be considered going forward.

It made sense to me not to be a night target to this point given that I used my power early, but as the game goes onward and the other roles that still have use are picked off then I'd expect my bullseye to get larger.

Quick question since I've also got limited time today -- any idea if ntn's votes on henry were early or late?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #1252
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Darth, I'm not deliberately trying to pump you for information that you don't want to give but since you are bound and determined to lynch me I think I'm entitled to some back-and-forth ...

Have you scanned anyone as villager? Have you run witness on anyone yet? Or has every other day out of the six been some kind of bodyguard action?

It would seem that you might have options to provide support for other villagers based on your actions, even if it is only to suggest that someone was inactive for an evening.

I'm not trying to railroad you here; no one has challenged your claim of being the Schizo so I'm assuming you are. But I'm baffled by the way you are playing it, even if you weren't coming at me with bogus intel.

If I had any other relevant information to help the village believe me that I would share it.

Vote Hoopsguy

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #1253
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Schmidty

I don't believe that Jackal was being truthful when he cleared Schmidty and I can't believe that there is any way that as a villager Schmidty would ice KWhit the day after he was nearly lynched and then ice me to IMO, make me think that Saldana had done it to shut me up. I just can't see any way that Schmidty is a villager.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #1254
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Quick question since I've also got limited time today -- any idea if ntn's votes on henry were early or late?

Both were late. The first was basically inconsequential and the second did help nail henry's coffin (however you can argue, watching the votes, the tide had turned already).
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #1255
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't think so just because he's got Lathum and I on his top line with him. He only got two scans in before dying, right?

On another topic, I do want to engage DV a little more on his role, especially before putting a vote down on hoops.

Specifically, a recap of his night actions and reasonings for choosing the folks he has.

I chose the players based on either how well I can read them, or the trouble they've given me in the past such as being a hard wolf to catch or having a role they used to the best of its ability.

In a sense how dangerous they can potentially be

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #1256
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Darth, a quick question. If Hoops turns up as a villager after a lynch, are you going to hide behind the "it must have been a fake scan" excuse? You seem pretty deadset, so what I guess I want to know is how are you so sure?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #1257
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I had a feeling about hoops beforehand, a strong feeling. That was why i scanned him in the first place. My gut along with the scan tells me hoops is a wolf

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #1258
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
along with the scan

What is it with this scan? Am I missing something or the way Danny described that role could it be 50/50 wolf or villager no matter who is scanned. I mean if you role actual seer you will get the players true role, if you roll false seer you get the the players false role. Considering there are only two, wolf and villager, that means that no matter who you scan with this role it is a 50/50 you will learn that they are a wolf. I mean, that would be like me flipping a coin for each person in the game and using that to decide if they are a wolf or villager. How is this scan even being considered as evidence at all? Like I said you are a viable BG for us. Trying to pass yourself off as a seer when your scans will 50% of the time show the opposite of someones true roll is just crazy.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #1259
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Guys I found a quarter and used it to determine the following are villagers:

RendeR
Schmidty
Jackal
Dubb
Path
KWhit

And these are the wolves:

Hoops
Darth
Lathum
PB
NtN

See it is just as stupid when I use something equally as viable as the Schizo scans.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #1260
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

RendeR
Schmidty
Jackal
Dubb
Path
KWhit

Hoops
Darth
Lathum
PB
NtN

See it is just as stupid when I use something equally as viable as the Schizo scans.

This I agree with. The schizo scan is useless. It is worthless. My vote for Hoops is not based on the scan at all. It's just gut for the most part.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #1261
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And I really don't give a shit if we lynch Hoops or not. I don't think he is a wolf and I think it is more likely that Jackal and Schmidty are wolves, but each of us has to do what we think is best at this point. I just don't think anyone should be using this "scan" as evidence when clearly Darth could have scanned himself and depending on Danny's dice roll have gotten two different results.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #1262
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This I agree with. The schizo scan is useless. It is worthless. My vote for Hoops is not based on the scan at all. It's just gut for the most part.

KWhit the voice of reason. String him up for your gut. Just don't use that damn scan.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #1263
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm not twisting your arms here people, if u don't want to vote for hoops then don't. U all have your own free will.

I trust myslef though, so my vote stays put

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #1264
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Question about DVs scan. Were you told what seer you were? This was probably asked already so sirry. I am on my phone and it is a pain to try and look.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #1265
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

RendeR
Schmidty
Jackal
Dubb
Path
KWhit

Hoops
Darth
Lathum
PB
NtN

Not to piss anyone off even more but hoops did come up as a wolf again

Of course im kidding here but that is funny!

And no Lathum I was not told

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #1266
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

if u guys dont think it's hoops, who else u want up?

Who do u think the wolves are?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #1267
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with the logic on Hoops, it is 50/50 so the scan means nothing.

Dubb, question for you. You say you think Schmidty and JAckal are both wolves. I currently have my vote on Jackal, why did you go Schmidty over Jackal?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #1268
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree with the logic on Hoops, it is 50/50 so the scan means nothing.

Dubb, question for you. You say you think Schmidty and JAckal are both wolves. I currently have my vote on Jackal, why did you go Schmidty over Jackal?

My logic for Schmidty is simple. I think he is a wolf b/c of how he iced KWhit then me. I said before I even knew it was Schmidty that I was nearly 100% sure that the mobster was not a villager. When I found out the mobster was Schmidty it made me think Schmidty was a wolf.

We were going to lynch Schmidty the day we found out he was the mobster. I'm sure of that, but The Jackal came in and said he was the soothsayer and that Schmidty was clean. This made a clear link between Schmidty and Jackal and now makes me think they are both wolves.

Why do I think Schmidty should be the vote over Jackal? I think Schmidty's role has more potential to do harm then Jackal's. Schmidty stopped icing people when he drew heat but what is to stop him from using it in the future and removing villagers from the game for a day again? Nothing, especially with all this talk today, I fully expect Schmidty to ice someone tomorrow. Thus my vote for Schmidty over Jackal today.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #1269
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's a bad decision, dubb. If you're going to vote for one of us, vote for me. If you lynch Schmidty, when he turns up villager that's not going to clear me. But if the village decides it needs to know about us, lynch me and you'll be able to keep him around.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #1270
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Everything we mention Schmidty, Jackal defends him. Go figure.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #1271
The Jackal
Coordinator

What, the two times? Of course I'm going to defend him, that's the only thing I was able to do in this game. This is making you look worse in my eyes, dubb.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #1272
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's just the flat out wrong choice if you are a villager and think we are both wolves. When Schmidty turns up villager, there'd be no proof I wasn't a wolf. When I turn up villager, there's clear proof Schmidty isn't a wolf. Explain to me how that's the right play if you think we are both wolves? Silly.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #1273
The Jackal
Coordinator

If you think we are both wolves and are a villager, I mean. Think about it from the standpoint of the village - legitimately clear a person or not?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #1274
The Jackal
Coordinator

I have to leave soon and then I'll be out past the deadline. Is there a vote count of any sort? I might vote for hoops for SP, but I'm looking hard at dubb atm.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #1275
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
This is making you look worse in my eyes, dubb.

Which is funny because you've both looked bad in my eyes for a few days now.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #1276
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
That's just the flat out wrong choice if you are a villager and think we are both wolves. When Schmidty turns up villager, there'd be no proof I wasn't a wolf. When I turn up villager, there's clear proof Schmidty isn't a wolf. Explain to me how that's the right play if you think we are both wolves? Silly.

Schmidty is the bigger wolf threat. Obviously you know that too, which is why you are going over the top defending him here. You have already gone public with your "clear" so obviously we aren't going to buy it if you claim to use it again. Schmidty on the other hand can still ice some villagers, which is obviously huge for you guys as the game wears on to get rid of some villager votes.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #1277
The Jackal
Coordinator

How am I going over the top? I'm sorry, that's just the wrong villager play, and if you are a villager, it's boneheaded. Sure, if you think Schmidty is a wolf he could still ice someone, but even operating under the assumption that we are both wolves, you must be willing to believe the wolves are elsewhere, unless of course you are yourself a wolf.

Since I'm not getting through to you, everyone else think about this. At least Lathum has some sense in the matter.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #1278
The Jackal
Coordinator

VOTE DUBB
Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #1279
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Completely over the top defensive. At this point I have no doubt that I am right about Schmidty and Jackal.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #1280
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Completely over the top defensive. At this point I have no doubt that I am right about Schmidty and Jackal.

Pretty amusing.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #1281
The Jackal
Coordinator

If you're so convinced, then just vote me off. See how convinced you are after that. I wish someone else would chime in before I have to leave so I can see what the reaction is to dubb's methodology here.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #1282
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alright, I'm out. Working tomorrow afternoon, will be back to see what's happened around 4 or 5 or so.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #1283
path12
Coordinator

I don't think I understand DV's style at all. Basically what I'm seeing is not explaining any choices but rather just saying that his read is correct because he says it is. I asked specifically for who and why he has chosen this game and get nothing.

Why exactly should I believe him?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #1284
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm on for one post and then should be back for 20+ minutes somewhere in the hour before deadline. I'm sorry my availability sucked today. I would have very much liked to be around, if only to see what kind of conversation emerged.

Here are my takes on remaining players:
High Trust
Path + Lathum - if they are wolves, well done. Possibly scanned by EF, but even if not it is hard to fathom Path making "wolf resurrector" play on Day 2 or whatever it was.

Darth - unchallenged in good role. I have to trust him, even though I really don't like the way he has played his role or the fact that he is deadset on lynching me.

Medium Trust
PB - I think he was an EF scan, knowing history and the tone of posts. Likely villager in my eyes.

KWhit - actually trust him more for challenging me, it is what he does as a villager. His play over last couple of game days has been entirely consistent with the villager KWhit.

Low Trust
NTN - mainly because I think the guys lower than him have greater chances of being wolves

Neutral
Jackal - linked to Schmidty as villagers if he is telling the truth. Should be first lynched between him and Schmidty if you want to challenge statement because Jackal could be looking to gain trust clearing a villager.

Schmidty - linked to Jackal indirectly, by Jackal's soothsayer statement. Questionable early choices with Mobster, not sure if he has used it last two days or not.

Distrust
RendeR - no reason to trust him before or after his Survivor play, and I'm amazed he has dropped out of conversation today.

Dubb - I think he is playing "good cop" wolf with me today defending me. There is a pretty smart wolf out there based on the night kill success nailing roles and I think it is him. If it is not Dubb I would maybe need to double back around on Lathum/Path, but I think Dubb is the right play if you are looking to catch a wolf and set up the win today.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #1285
hoopsguy
General Manager

I lied, here for two posts.

VOTE DUBB
Old 01-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #1286
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Dubb - I think he is playing "good cop" wolf with me today defending me.

Are you fucking serious? I never defended you. I simply was stating that it is stupid to vote based a freaking coin flip. I would have made that point regardless of who the schizo tried to nail with a "scan."
Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #1287
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Guh, I hate to do flip-flop. I'm unvoting and giving Hoops another day because I fear what I laid out before.

unvote Hoops

I guess this could change based on if it is Hoops vs. somebody that I give more trust to but I'm willing to look other places for a day. Vote count?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #1288
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
It made sense to me not to be a night target to this point given that I used my power early, but as the game goes onward and the other roles that still have use are picked off then I'd expect my bullseye to get larger.

This has probably been answered, but ithink the first vote on henry was about lunch and the second was later I think. I am saying this without really looking .
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #1289
RendeR
Coordinator

VOTE HOOPS

HE's dead on about me, I have nothing either way, but the way his posts describes everything else that's going on simply screams bad at me. its more a tone thing than anything concrete.

and of course, he's alive on day 5, therefore he's a wolf.

His name is Hoopsguy, Therefore he's a wolf.

etc etc.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #1290
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Schmidty

I don't believe that Jackal was being truthful when he cleared Schmidty and I can't believe that there is any way that as a villager Schmidty would ice KWhit the day after he was nearly lynched and then ice me to IMO, make me think that Saldana had done it to shut me up. I just can't see any way that Schmidty is a villager.

Unfortunately, you're totally and utterly wrong.

I only used my ability the first two days, then realized that I had made a bad decision, and haven't used it since.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #1291
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Hoops
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #1292
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
VOTE HOOPS

HE's dead on about me, I have nothing either way, but the way his posts describes everything else that's going on simply screams bad at me. its more a tone thing than anything concrete.

and of course, he's alive on day 5, therefore he's a wolf.

His name is Hoopsguy, Therefore he's a wolf.

etc etc.

If you do end up being a villager, then this is the downside to actually putting together a trust list on the way out ... that you potentially lose swing voters who just might vote with you rather than for you because you don't trust them.

But hey, go ahead and hate the list. What does your trust list look like, Lathum? Show me one that "simply screams good".
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #1293
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Day 1 - I'm in a 5-4 runoff with DaddyTorgo. Henry is on DT, J23 does not put in his double vote. I had posted that I was going to move my vote, but I was unable to do so as the PC I was working on was having virus issues. If J23 and I are wolves together then I would have expected some support from him. But there was none at all.

Day 3 - there is a tie vote between KWhit and PurdueBrad. J23 has his double vote on KWhit and I have my vote on PB with the negated vote behind me on CrimsonFox. If J23 and I were wolves together would we have wanted to create a tie? Not likely.

I'll do a more detailed vote/post analysis tomorrow. But those are two instances this game where the idea of me as a wolf just doesn't make much sense. I would hope that there are more out there, but neither of our wolves are exactly prolific posters. I'm not expecting to find a ton of post content to help with this search. It will likely come down to voting records.

For PB or anyone else doing vote analysis - was there any logic at all that you could find for my "wolf" voting in a pair of pretty important votes listed above? I think those were probably the most critical votes we've had as everything else has been more or less a runaway by the end.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #1294
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1293:

1227 - PB votes Hoops (Hoops 1)
1236 - KWhit votes Hoops (Hoops 2)
1237 - Lathum votes Jackal (Hoops 2, Jackal 1)
1252 - DV votes Hoops (Hoops 3, Jackal 1)
1253 - Dubb votes Schmidty (Hoops 3, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1278 - Jackal votes Dubb (Hoops 3, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1, Dubb 1)
1285 - Hoops votes Dubb (Hoops 3, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1287 - PB votes Dubb (Hoops 2, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1289 - RendeR votes Hoops (Hoops 3, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1291 - NTN votes Hoops (Hoops 4, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #1295
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, if you do believe me then you should un-vote and re-cast your vote wherever you think it will do the most good. Right now I'm neutering your vote for Dubb.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #1296
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, if you do believe me then you should un-vote and re-cast your vote wherever you think it will do the most good. Right now I'm neutering your vote for Dubb.

Where did PB vote for me at exactly?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #1297
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm moving my vote in self defense. I have a feeling PB is going to be voting my way and if Hoops is saying what I think he is saying RendeR's vote for Hoops isn't going to count.

Unvote Schmidty
Vote Hoops
Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #1298
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

anyone have a vote count?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #1299
hoopsguy
General Manager

1227 - PB votes Hoops (Hoops 1)
1236 - KWhit votes Hoops (Hoops 2)
1237 - Lathum votes Jackal (Hoops 2, Jackal 1)
1252 - DV votes Hoops (Hoops 3, Jackal 1)
1253 - Dubb votes Schmidty (Hoops 3, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1278 - Jackal votes Dubb (Hoops 3, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1, Dubb 1)
1285 - Hoops votes Dubb (Hoops 3, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1287 - PB votes Dubb (Hoops 2, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1289 - RendeR votes Hoops (Hoops 3, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1291 - NTN votes Hoops (Hoops 4, Dubb 2, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1)
1297 - Dubb unvotes Schmidty, votes Hoops (Hoops 5, Dubb 2, Jackal 1)
Old 01-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #1300
hoopsguy
General Manager

The story of Alchimadus. Know it?