Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Super Bowl LII

Maybe I am biased this year but this needs its own thread.

Let's Go Birds!!!

Good luck Pats and their fans, hope it's a good game.

Everyone's plans for the day?

Taking my daughters to the Nerd Bowl this afternoon at a local toy and collectible store. They are playing Star Wars (original trilogy) all afternoon and there will be games and other things going on.

Then off to pick up the wings and back home to watch the game. When the Eagles are playing I don't like being at a party. I want to concentrate on the game. Granted, if they win it would be fun to be with a group but if that happens I am taking off to go to the parade.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
Suicane75
Coordinator

Woke Up. Put the sausage and meatballs in the pot. Took off all my clothes. Painted everything but my ass green. Started drinking.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Thomkal
Head Coach

LOL Suicane. Well since I have no real rooting interest in the game other than to see the Pats lose one for a change, I am doing nothing for the game, and will watch for the commercials
Old 02-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Random predictions:

I think the Pats will try to minimize the Eagles D-line with lots of short passes. So I'd pick the over on Dion Lewis and James White and the under on Cooks and Amendola reception props.

I think that the Pats will try to take away the run, and that the Eagles will not be afraid to throw. So I'd take the under on Ajayi rushes and yards and the over on Foles attempts and yards.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 02-04-2018 at 10:37 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

Patriots suck

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I had to round at the hospital but I am now home and picked up wings on the way. I will finish up notes in the next hour, play with my daughter for a few hours. Then, I will go get my mom. We are having over just immediate family as I don’t want a huge party so I can concentrate on the game. Can’t wait to watch with my wife, my mom, my daughter, and my son plus the in laws.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-04-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

We are going over my parents to watch the game. If the Eagles win I want to experience it with my Dad and now my son at the same time. He's almost 3 but these things don't come around often for Eagles fans
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #8
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Patriots suck

That's intelligent.

I would love to see the Patriots win another but then that's it, no more. Time for the Rams or Eagles (and maybe Saints) to start their own dynasties next season.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #9
Thomkal
Head Coach

I say we all crash EaglesFan's houses-both of them.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just put on the throwback Jeremy Maclin Eagles jersey!

E-A-G-L-E-S
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #11
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
That's intelligent.

I would love to see the Patriots win another but then that's it, no more. Time for the Rams or Eagles (and maybe Saints) to start their own dynasties next season.

It doesn't have to be award winning to get my point across. I'm sure if I was a fan, I'd feel just as excited, and defensive of my team too. It's exciting to see it all work out for your team. I see it with NDSU and 6 National Championships in 7 years. So while I fully admit I'd feel the same as Pats fans over my team, it still feels like everything goes their way. They've won too much, and the eternal attitude of the fans that comes with that much success is nauseating. So I can respect what they've accomplished and still hate on the Pats and hope that the season ends with a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth.

Like Steam?

Old 02-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Rooting for the Patriots this year.

I'm torn between whether I am actually rooting for them or I am being a Trojan horse and am using my habit of always backing the losing team to secretly take the Pats down for once.

Can Chief Rum root for a Boston based team? Or can he fool Fate? You decide!

Seriously, just want it to be a good game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #13
molson
General Manager

I've avoided parties involving Patriots games in the last few years, but I developed a good strategy last year when I had no choice but to be in a loud crowded condo in California for the Super Bowl - camp out close to the TV, be quiet, and then eat, drink, and be social about non-football stuff during commercials and halftime. There are people that can be fun hostile to Patriots fans, and people who can be dick hostile, and that line moves depending on what's happening in the game, how much people have drank, and whether people know me and know that I'm not going to even cheer out loud or anything.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #14
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
It doesn't have to be award winning to get my point across. I'm sure if I was a fan, I'd feel just as excited, and defensive of my team too. It's exciting to see it all work out for your team. I see it with NDSU and 6 National Championships in 7 years. So while I fully admit I'd feel the same as Pats fans over my team, it still feels like everything goes their way. They've won too much, and the eternal attitude of the fans that comes with that much success is nauseating. So I can respect what they've accomplished and still hate on the Pats and hope that the season ends with a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth.

This is the issue I have with all Boston franchises, outside of the Celtics. Their fanbase is so hypersensitive about any perceived slight or anything that might impune the sanctity of their championship.

Philly fans are bad, but Boston fans tick me off.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:10 PM   #15
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Philly fans are bad, but Boston fans tick me off.

When you go in deciding that someone in a group is going to be a certain way, of course they're not going to react well to you. If you treat Boston fans like regular people, you have a better chance of getting along with them. If you act like a dick, they might not like you, and then you have a little self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know why this is so hard for people. When I go to one of these parties, or at a bar, or a game, and I find myself talking to a fan with a Cowboys jersey, or a Colts jersey, or a Yankees jersey, whatever, I talk to them like normal people about what's going on with their team, what they think's going to happen, etc. It's crazy how many grow-up adults have actual negative feelings about people based on what team they root for or where they're from. It makes this stuff a lot less fun than it should be.

Last edited by molson : 02-04-2018 at 02:15 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #16
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I had to round at the hospital but I am now home and picked up wings on the way. I will finish up notes in the next hour, play with my daughter for a few hours. Then, I will go get my mom. We are having over just immediate family as I don’t want a huge party so I can concentrate on the game. Can’t wait to watch with my wife, my mom, my daughter, and my son plus the in laws.

Where did you get your wings?
Old 02-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, the Nerd Bowl was a flop. Expected more than one other person there. But that meant I got to watch the Liverpool match before I run out to get the wings.

I seriously hope that match wasn't an omen of things to come as the refs really screwed Liverpool in this one at the end. Awarding not one but two penalties on dives late in the second half (the last one in the the final minute of extra time in the game and ended with the tying goal; the first one was saved).

Oh well on to American football.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #18
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
When you go in deciding that someone in a group is going to be a certain way, of course they're not going to react well to you. If you treat Boston fans like regular people, you have a better chance of getting along with them. If you act like a dick, they might not like you, and then you have a little self-fulfilling prophecy.

Where did I say how I treated them? I am talking about normal conversation. They bring the stuff up, I don't unless it is someone I know well, and even then I stay away from sports due to the way these guys are.

The problem is that area tends to be that way not just about sports, but everything which compounds the issue.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I say we all crash EaglesFan's houses-both of them.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Where did you get your wings?

Purdy's Grill in Galloway. My daughter loves them and they are close to the hospital.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #21
cuervo72
Head Coach

Just killing time by watching some old Jeopardy! eps. I am getting to really dislike the late start time of the SB, because typically by 6:30 on a Sunday I feel like the weekend is essentially over, so I'm getting a little bummed that the workweek is just around the corner.

I'm trying not to get the feeling of dread of having to additionally have to deal with an Eagles loss (and nearly as bad, another Patriots win). I keep trying to tell myself that this is all gravy, as I expected the Eagles to go 9-7 this year. And being removed from Philly, I'm a little detached and I've avoided pretty much all of the buildup. I'd like to be feeling pleasantly surprised in a few hours, but fear that in about too I'm going to be really grumpy.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #23
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Just killing time by watching some old Jeopardy! eps. I am getting to really dislike the late start time of the SB, because typically by 6:30 on a Sunday I feel like the weekend is essentially over, so I'm getting a little bummed that the workweek is just around the corner.

I'm trying not to get the feeling of dread of having to additionally have to deal with an Eagles loss (and nearly as bad, another Patriots win). I keep trying to tell myself that this is all gravy, as I expected the Eagles to go 9-7 this year. And being removed from Philly, I'm a little detached and I've avoided pretty much all of the buildup. I'd like to be feeling pleasantly surprised in a few hours, but fear that in about too I'm going to be really grumpy.

I have to get up at 315a. I may not even make it to the half before I need to shut it off.

Like Steam?

Old 02-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #24
PilotMan
Head Coach

"Concussion" has really ruined big hits in football for me. No matter who it is, what team, what game, I cringe and my stomach hurts every time.

Like Steam?

Old 02-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #25
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I was looking back the NFC dominance from 1981-1995 where you had 4 NFC teams winning 14 of 15, and were battling as #1 and #2 seeds every year.

Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, I hope to see the return of that NFC dominance. I think we will with the Eagles, Rams and ? and ?.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #26
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
"Concussion" has really ruined big hits in football for me. No matter who it is, what team, what game, I cringe and my stomach hurts every time.

Me too.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I haven't even seen Concussion and I am cringing.

I didn't follow--any reason why that wasn't flagged? Is it because Cooks wasn't a defenseless receiver and was moving around on his own? It looked to me like the defender almost launched into him helmet to helmet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:33 PM   #28
cuervo72
Head Coach

At that point he was a runner, so no foul.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #29
PilotMan
Head Coach

Chief, what are you waiting for? I had a hard time deciding to sit down for it the first time too, but it grabs you pretty quick.

Like Steam?

Old 02-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #30
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
At that point he was a runner, so no foul.

Okay, that's what I figured. Seems like a loophole to me there somewhere. That was pretty blatant.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #31
Edward64
Head Coach

Eagles doing a good job right now. I think Foles has shown he is no fluke this offseason.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:42 PM   #32
Edward64
Head Coach

I think best commercial so far is Ram truck with the vikings. Queen is always good!
Old 02-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #33
kingfc22
Head Coach

Kickers must be drunk.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #34
Edward64
Head Coach

Wow, what a great catch and run!
Old 02-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #35
kingfc22
Head Coach

Kick the FG
Old 02-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #36
Edward64
Head Coach

That's what I would have done ... but hey, gutsy call that paid off
Old 02-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #37
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, that's what I figured. Seems like a loophole to me there somewhere. That was pretty blatant.

I completely disagree, he was leading with his shoulder and the helmets happened to hit. Im all for protecting the players (been personally concussed five times, so I get it), but at some point, defenders need to be able to tackle still.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #38
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I completely disagree, he was leading with his shoulder and the helmets happened to hit. Im all for protecting the players (been personally concussed five times, so I get it), but at some point, defenders need to be able to tackle still.

I don't disagree with you in general on this. I just disagree with the degree to which he was leading with his shoulder versus his helmet. I think his approach was intentionally reckelss. No reason to not just collapse on the guy and bring him down that way.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Gotta feel for that kid. Does the initial shot with JT. Then camera comes back and does the selfie. Then, oh crap, it's back again, what should I do now? I'll text my BFF.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 02-04-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #40
Suicane75
Coordinator

That Verizon add was kinda tasteless.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #42
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
That Verizon add was kinda tasteless.

not watching halftime-what ad?
Old 02-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #43
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
not watching halftime-what ad?

It was actually a very nice commercial about victims thanking first responders. Of course the tag line was that Verizon made it possible. Just seemed tacky.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #44
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Wow, so apparently that trick play on the Eagles touchdown was an Illegal Formation that the officials missed. Interesting to see how big of a factor that will be in this game.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #45
kingfc22
Head Coach

Pats getting roasted on 3rd down.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #46
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Wow, so apparently that trick play on the Eagles touchdown was an Illegal Formation that the officials missed. Interesting to see how big of a factor that will be in this game.

Citation?
Old 02-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #47
PilotMan
Head Coach

Great catch, tough throw into triple coverage. Bigly score for the Eagles.

Like Steam?

Old 02-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #48
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Citation?

Nick Foles Appears to Have Been in Illegal Formation on Awesome Trick TD Play | The Big Lead
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #49
Edward64
Head Coach

I want the Eagles to win but I don't think he had control of that TD pass.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #50
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Citation?

Trump Twitter...😀