Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #1151
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Why not? He seemed to be volunteering himself for death anyway. Seems he's not so fond of that idea now though.

I don't think you"re able to take out the batman on your own. You need us to do it. That is why you circus reject

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #1152
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I don't think you"re able to take out the batman on your own. You need us to do it. That is why you circus reject

It's not my fault the audience did not appreciate the entertainment value of seeing elephant knifed to death
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #1153
Danny
Head Coach

We passed the cube in posts now, poor Jackal
Old 06-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #1154
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Okay here's my thought about what to do with the vote tonight. If J23 came out and said he was a roled citizen, it would be the best move in my opinion to all vote Danny instead of J23 and take the risk of hitting Batman.

I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Remember we citizens now have to get the Joker out of the game too. Batman would need to reveal at some point so any bodyguards about could protect him as the Joker will likely publically reveal Batman's identity anyway before his lynch and blessed silencing could take place. We are going to have to seriously think about doing this tomorrow if we don't do it tonight. We dont know what other games the Joker will have us play, and if they take out multiple players every day we citizens are in big trouble.

I don't know that the Joker will be made aware of who the real Batman is if we all mass reveal. The real Batman might have already revealed for all we know, and the Joker could be able to be lynched already. If the village wants to lynch the Joker, I'd say that everyone should declare themselves Batman on the chance that they won't know who is legit among the group.

I agree taking out Joker sooner rather than later is good. That's basically what I stated yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Despite my commentary above, I'm leaning towards J23 being exactly what he said he is, a unroled citizen who was willing to do what a villager should do in a situation like last night-sacrifice themselves in an attempt to save a roled citizen of Gotham in Bhlloy. So if he is willing to make that sacrifice again today, it may be the better idea to play the Joker's game today and then try to take him out tomorrow.

I am indeed an unroled citizen, and if the village wants to vote me out, that's fine. I just don't like doing it on Joker's terms. I'm sure his win condition likely revolves around making the players dance to his tune, which is what we've done thus far. That would be a simple explanation of why I was chosen. I publicly said it wasn't a big deal if I was lynched, and I've been one of the biggest advocates of not playing his games.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #1155
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I forgot you were playing in this game

Yep it is surprising how quiet Lathum has been which is something that has bothered me about him. I am just not ready to vote for him even though he hasn't been himself so far this game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #1156
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm not.

I don't know that the Joker will be made aware of who the real Batman is if we all mass reveal. The real Batman might have already revealed for all we know, and the Joker could be able to be lynched already. If the village wants to lynch the Joker, I'd say that everyone should declare themselves Batman on the chance that they won't know who is legit among the group.

I agree taking out Joker sooner rather than later is good. That's basically what I stated yesterday.

I am indeed an unroled citizen, and if the village wants to vote me out, that's fine. I just don't like doing it on Joker's terms. I'm sure his win condition likely revolves around making the players dance to his tune, which is what we've done thus far. That would be a simple explanation of why I was chosen. I publicly said it wasn't a big deal if I was lynched, and I've been one of the biggest advocates of not playing his games.

Yes, all of you should reveal as Batman again, it's a much better idea than when Mauboy was pushing for it.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #1157
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Batman can be lynched once he publicly reveals, but according to my info not before. Nor can he be night killed until he reveals.

This would lead me to believe that Danny is not Batman-hunting by selecting me. It also makes me think that even if it hits a random villager, it's likely that Batman couldn't be the target.

Of course, this is based on logical assessment of the rantings of a madman, so take it for what you will...
Old 06-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #1158
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Then we have the people who stayed on Chubby even after Mauboy's reveal. Some weren't here for sure, but I think all of them have to be a iittle suspect especially the two who stayed or moved on to Chubby as he began to get votes later in the day to see if any movement would happen. That would make J23 and Zinto's vote stand out more than the other Chubby voters in my mind. If both mauboy and Chubby are members of the Mob, I'm not sure this vote count helps us too much other than the likelihood that they would try to save the probably stronger mauboy over Chubby due to his role.

I was struggling keeping up and while I said I did not believe Mau's reveal I did not want to risk loosing a rolled villager over someone who claims to be vanilla. Also I am not sure if a mob member makes the switch to Chubby since it is a pretty ballsy move at that point.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #1159
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, all of you should reveal as Batman again, it's a much better idea than when Mauboy was pushing for it.

Funny, I didn't think the Joker was aligned with the mob. That would mean it would benefit them as much as the villagers to get you locked up, especially considering your game knocked off their boss last night.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #1160
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Haha yeah even though the Joker may not have out best interest at heart, I have to agree that everyone revealing is a bad idea. Batman can identify himself when he so chooses since he has a much better idea of what is going on behind the scenes then most of us.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #1161
Thomkal
Head Coach

I understand your point of view here J23 and you saw that for now at least I'm leaning towards believing you are what you say you are-sucks that you've been put in this situation, but we had no control over that of course. We will just have to see the rest of the day plays out here.

I'm off for a while now. Please people lets get going with some votes here and final discussions of what to do about the Joker's game. If anybody reveals in the last hour again, I'm voting for them. Okay maybe not if its Batman. Yes I haven't voted myself yet, but I'm still not sure which way to go with it.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #1162
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Funny, I didn't think the Joker was aligned with the mob. That would mean it would benefit them as much as the villagers to get you locked up, especially considering your game knocked off their boss last night.

Aww, but you all are having so much fun
Old 06-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #1163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
unvote Zinto
Vote Bhlloy

Lathum, I want more info from this vote. It was 30 minutes before the deadline, and you changed without comment. Why?

If you've mentioned it later, I apologize, there's been a lot of posts. Just let us know

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #1164
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Yep it is surprising how quiet Lathum has been which is something that has bothered me about him. I am just not ready to vote for him even though he hasn't been himself so far this game.

He's got more posts than CR. Just two more, but still.

What I'm more intrested in is why he's making this breeze in and breeze out votes. Why not give us some good analysis or why he's makign teh votes.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #1165
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Can we get a vote count for today?

Old 06-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #1166
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
He's got more posts than CR. Just two more, but still.

What I'm more intrested in is why he's making this breeze in and breeze out votes. Why not give us some good analysis or why he's makign teh votes.

I've got almost 20x his number of posts. It's pretty daunting ot have to make 20 posts for every one he makes.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #1167
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Hi Danny!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #1168
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, to be fair, Danny, about 80% of your posts say nothing of substance.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #1169
Danny
Head Coach

In fact, I have more posts than bhlloy, hoopsguy, jag, dzilla, zinto, mckerney, mr. bug, ntndeacon, lathum, packerfanatic and chief rum combined.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #1170
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Well, to be fair, Danny, about 80% of your posts say nothing of substance.

Only 80%
Old 06-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #1171
Zinto
College Starter

I am going out to eat and for now I am going to place a vote. I am not fond of how defensive Dzilla got or that he has the fourth vote on me, a villager even if it is not known to everyone yet, putting me up over mau on day one.

Vote Dzilla
Old 06-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #1172
Zinto
College Starter

I will definitely be back before the deadline and hopefully will only be out for an hour and half or so.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #1173
Tyrith
College Starter

Had a post written up, but it got eaten, so long story short -

I don't have too much problem with Lathum, CR, or PF not posting much right now, for various different reasons. Chubby's vote for PF strikes me as arbitrary, but I'm still thinking he's just a villager who I completely disagree with, and not a wolf.

J23 is almost certainly a villager in my mind; I don't really agree with Abe's thinking on this, and don't think that it's particularly likely that Maroni would be the cunning wolf if there is one.

Which leaves me precisely nowhere, at the moment.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #1174
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Im gonna head out out now guys but i'll be back before the deadline.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #1175
Tyrith
College Starter

I will say, dzilla's day 1 vote strikes me the worst out of all the day 1 votes, because it tied it up with a known wolf. That, however, is a pure math play, and I could see myself having done the same thing in his spot.

The only person with two votes on a known good is, ironically, Narcizo.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #1176
Tyrith
College Starter

The worst voting record left is Abe's, although I don't really think his day 1 vote means anything. He isn't really the kind of guy to cover fire a random vote with that kind of metagame talk. hoops did have two votes for bhlloy for a long time. But all of this is just grasping at straws.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #1177
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

J23 is almost certainly a villager in my mind; I don't really agree with Abe's thinking on this, and don't think that it's particularly likely that Maroni would be the cunning wolf if there is one.

I didn;t say that I continue to feel J23 is acting wolfish today or anything. I have said anything of the subject at all.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #1178
Tyrith
College Starter

I have to leave in 15 minutes or so and I don't think I'll be back until after the deadline. I'm pretty loathe to introduce yet another candidate today - the vote is pretty scattered. But I'm also hesitant to be the next guy in on someone...I just feel like the position I'm in right now is set up to generate a landslide as people vote after work, and I really don't have much of a clue. But we have to kill someone.

So since I have to leave, I'm just going to put my vote on J23 and leave you guys the option of taking him out if we can't come up with anything, and avoiding taking more attrition, if we decide to want to play Danny's dumb game again. I don't suggest it at all, but it seems like a way for my vote to be useful even though I have to leave soon. I do think J23 is almost certainly a villager, though.

Could also vote for Danny here following similar logic, but I don't think we have the actual Batman out right now, and I do think we need to kill someone.

Feel free to make a case to me, if anyone is here.

VOTE J23
Old 06-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #1179
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, my vacation has begun, time to turn off the cell and take a nap without a wake up tim set. I have no clue when I'll wake up tonight or even in te ham, so let me drop a placeholder here.

mckerney's D1 vote keeps him from being my vote right now, Chubby didn;t act like a wolf under pressure and his point about playing the sacrifice to mauboy I buy for now, and J23 is playing it a bit awkwardly, with his "Sacrifice me" yesterday and fighting today, but I'm not read yto revote him now.

I'm pushing Lathum because I want comments with your votes. I want to know the reason you vote. There have been several drive by votes. I don't need 30 posts a day, but I want votes o have substance

Vote Lathum

Old 06-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #1180
Danny
Head Coach

Vote J23
Old 06-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #1181
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

unvote Zinto
Vote Abe
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #1182
Tyrith
College Starter

Just seeing Danny vote kind of makes me hate my vote already.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #1183
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Just seeing Danny vote kind of makes me hate my vote already.

haha, don't worry, it probably won;t gain enough traction anyway.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #1184
Tyrith
College Starter

Abe, I'm guessing you're even less pleased with Lathum now, yes?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #1185
The Jackal
Coordinator

I wouldn't mind a push on Lathum or PF either, I think for the most part we've had villagers being the most vocal (plus Danny) and the wolves are laying low and enjoying the distractions. Well, not too much, since one of those distractions got mau lynched, but still. I'll be in and out over the next few hours, vote count would be super.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #1186
Tyrith
College Starter

I hate my vote from before enough that I'm going to switch, even though I don't think it's conceptually terrible. I'll buy into what Abe is selling, even though Lathum might make me pay for this later, I'm okay with putting a second vote on him and seeing what happens.

Good luck city of Gotham. Watch out for clowns.

UNVOTE J23
VOTE LATHUM
Old 06-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #1187
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah, you were just waiting for Lathum to be a candidate. It's ok if you guys don't want to play. After one of you dies, you might change your mind for next time
Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #1188
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Do we have a vote count?
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #1189
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was looking back at my D1 vote trying to find what my explanation was and I see I really didn't have one. Definitely was a poor vote in light of mau being bad, at the time I didn't like the runs that had happened on mau and he'd barely posted, so there wasn't much of a wolf vibe. Plus we don't know if Zinto is bad at this point. Also, with all of Danny's vote switching the count fluctuated so much it may be hard to analyze a lot of the votes that were in there.

But I wanted to respond since I saw a couple people discussed my vote, and I agree that it's enough of a point to not give me much trust. My text vote on mau was fairly late, I'm sure that can be painted as me being a wolf throwing him to the dogs, but I was pretty set on it all day.

I don't know how much I agree that J's one post of willingness to sacrifice himself clears him, when you're already about to lose a wolf and you've another on the block you've gotta act as villager as possible. But I don't want to play the Joker's game, even though I'm pretty sure he's going to follow through on his threats unless Batman can stop him.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #1190
The Jackal
Coordinator

Lathum, do you want to provide some sort of discussion? I'm finding it hard to read you at the moment. I know you like to probe and see people's reactions but you're usually at least a bit more vocal about it. I've seen you play like this as a vanilla, a wolf, a roled player, so it's pretty open. But you're not in a really trusted category and you're one of the people I'm thinking about voting.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #1191
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to watch Jeopardy and then grab some beer and check back in to see what we've got going on.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #1192
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Reviewing the votes to this point, dzilla's vote in the no text vote pings me a bit. His vote for mauboy1 came at a time when I think a wolf would have given up on mauboy1 and would be looking to vote him for future trust.

He's not the only one, with possibly votes in the same vain coming from bhlloy, Thomkal and hoops in that period. But of that group, he's the one who vibes with me a little more wolfish than the others, on top of his vote.

VOTE DZILLA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #1193
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm going to watch Jeopardy and then grab some beer and check back in to see what we've got going on.

Jeopardy is boring, I may have to kill you just for that. Any heat fans playing in this game? That would take precedent
Old 06-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #1194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Lathum, do you want to provide some sort of discussion? I'm finding it hard to read you at the moment. I know you like to probe and see people's reactions but you're usually at least a bit more vocal about it. I've seen you play like this as a vanilla, a wolf, a roled player, so it's pretty open. But you're not in a really trusted category and you're one of the people I'm thinking about voting.

Honestly I have been so busy it is hard to keep up. I pretty much have no clue what is going on.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #1195
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe, I'm guessing you're even less pleased with Lathum now, yes?

I think it interesting that I vote for a guy with 14 posts, and within 5 minutes he's here and responds.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #1196
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think it interesting that I vote for a guy with 14 posts, and within 5 minutes he's here and responds.

Do you think I'm a mobster and gave my office number to the other mobsters?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #1197
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you think I'm a mobster and gave my office number to the other mobsters?

Interesting does not equate to wolfy

Old 06-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #1198
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Interesting does not equate to wolfy

Your current vote illustrates that.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #1199
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your current vote illustrates that.

My vote was cast prior as a means of prodding you to talk about your votes, which you've yet to do, yesterday and today. Please enlighten us.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #1200
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham City Belated Vote Count

dzilla77 - hoopsguy (1096), zinto (1171), chief rum (1192)
hoopsguy - dzilla77 (1120)
packerfan/schmidty - chubby (1131)
J23 - danny (1180)
lathum - abe sargent (1179), tyrith (1186)
abe sargent - lathum (1181)

Please double check this for me if you have your own vote count. Been gone all day, still need to get the kids to sleep, but I'll be back in.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote