Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #951
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
???

Game doesn't end with RendeR as the lynch?

(GASP)

You're a bastard.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #952
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
???

(GASP)

Can I get a reach around honey? I feel used.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #953
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
people tried to, all fracking day, but the only one anyone listened to was HOOPS.

Sorry, no sympathy for shoddy play.

in case you hadnt noticed...5 people voted for Ant.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #954
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Don't you see the writing on the wall, Render? This will just happen again tomorrow. I know it sucks. Been there myself. But you're going to have to take one for the team to get these stubborn fools off of you.

oh I'm taking one alreight, but I never envisioned letting the team gang bang me.

Sorry, I'm just pissed off with frustration and I promise you I will NOT let this go, I'm gonna remind the universe of how stupid it is to trust a wolf as often as I can make it fit into my posts.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #955
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
???

(GASP)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #956
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Day 4:

Antmeister (5) - saldana (#763), oliegirl (#786), RealDeal (#793), jeheinz72 (#858), Render (#869)
Render (6) - Barkeep49 (#780), ArlingtonColt (#781), Antmeister (#794), ntndeacon (#815), path12(#903), Chief Rum (#931)

As you bicker and argue all day long, sides are taken. Those that wish to kill off Antmeister, and those that would rather kill Render. Amidst the confusion, the shouting, and the bitter accusations, you finally end up deciding to kill off Render. He is hysterical... Neon Chaos stuns Render, and then lifts him into the chamber. Render lets out a stream of words not fit for young children's ears.

DEGENETIZATION COMPLETE.
ANALYZING PARTICLES.
GENETICS CONFIRMED.
ANALYSIS COMPLETE.

SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: PROJECT - VILLAGER

CHAMBER RECHARGING.
EST. RECHARGE TIME: 13 HOURS.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

Well... at least you put hoopsguy's wild claims to rest. Now, you all head back to sleep... in fear of what awaits you in the morning.

Night 4 Begins: Actions are due at 10:00 AM CST
Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 PM   #957
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
oh I'm taking one alreight, but I never envisioned letting the team gang bang me.

Sorry, I'm just pissed off with frustration and I promise you I will NOT let this go, I'm gonna remind the universe of how stupid it is to trust a wolf as often as I can make it fit into my posts.

Yup, that's why I'm weary of signing up anymore... I still remember all the times I've been had and it really ticks me off. Actually, just thinking about it now pisses me off.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 PM   #958
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I bet he's innocent. But as soon as hoops named him he was going to have to go at some point. Might as well get it out of the way early while we've got numbers on our side.

Got it, and help the wolves for another day. This is exactly what hoops wanted--for us to waste a day lynching a villager (which actually kills two people needlessly, with the night kill).
Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #959
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
in case you hadnt noticed...5 people voted for Ant.

I did notice Sal, and you have to give me a bit of leeway, typing when furious doesn't allow for trimming the fat from the bacon, so to speak, you just fry the whole fucking lot =)

I know who supported me and who didn't, that much you can believe. Honestly, the only one I'm serously annoyed with is barkeep, his blind melon headed stubborn refusal to even consider that hoops was lying is what led to this. People follow his lead easily and he led the charge.

just freaking rediculous.

And yes, I'll stop ranting

someday.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #960
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And the info that was good was the obvious "Render is a wolf"? Glad you guys picked that winner out from all the other good clues he dropped. He was real subtle with it.

No, I don't think that's the info. But the seer/fool dynamic comes into play. We don't know which Purduebrad was. I feel confident that both roles are in play. If for some reason they didn't scan hoops, the odds are that they would scan Render after his being mentioned. Maybe this gives them info on that.

And really, who else did you have in mind? This was damn near a day 1 kind of vote.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #961
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You could always put it in your signature.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #962
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I don't think that's the info. But the seer/fool dynamic comes into play. We don't know which Purduebrad was. I feel confident that both roles are in play. If for some reason they didn't scan hoops, the odds are that they would scan Render after his being mentioned. Maybe this gives them info on that.

And really, who else did you have in mind? This was damn near a day 1 kind of vote.

Right now, you're looking pretty good to me.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #963
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Got it, and help the wolves for another day. This is exactly what hoops wanted--for us to waste a day lynching a villager (which actually kills two people needlessly, with the night kill).

Well, if you had listened to me or the other 4 people who voted for Ant, then RendeR would be alive and chances are, we'd have lynched a wolf tonight.

I'm thinking Ant and Chief are the 2 remaining wolves...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #964
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Yup, that's why I'm weary of signing up anymore... I still remember all the times I've been had and it really ticks me off. Actually, just thinking about it now pisses me off.

When you know they're being morons and you have at least something to work with (in my case the fact that the wolf led them around by the short haiiry ones) it just drives you insane....

*sigh*
Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #965
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Okay....that sucks. Definitely relieved to be alive, but now what? Chief Rum does come out of nowhere for a vote, talks about how bad it is, yet still picks a side when he thinks we are both villagers. Don't know what to think about that since I was saved by his actions, but I don't quite understand why he immediately going after path12 as if he were the lone person charging this stampede.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #966
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Right now, you're looking pretty good to me.

And vice versa, friend.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #967
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

lol @ Render.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #968
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Well, if you had listened to me or the other 4 people who voted for Ant, then RendeR would be alive and chances are, we'd have lynched a wolf tonight.

What's the case against Ant? Because I honestly haven't seen any indication he is a wolf. So maybe I missed it.

Render is dead right now, because you guys in the No Vote Render group bandwagoned on one of the guys I have a good feel for. Had you been on jeheinz, RealDeal or path12, they would probably be the ones lynched.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #969
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
You could always put it in your signature.

Don' t think I haven't thought of that already.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #970
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

Olie, did you scan Ant???
Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #971
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yes she did. I came up as a villager (which could mean I am a wolf or villager). So at this point, unless if someone has a role, she can't tell if they are a true villager.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #972
path12
Coordinator

FYI, it appears that Pumpkin Ale doesn't taste of pumpkin at all. Which I'm happy about.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #973
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Okay....that sucks. Definitely relieved to be alive, but now what? Chief Rum does come out of nowhere for a vote, talks about how bad it is, yet still picks a side when he thinks we are both villagers. Don't know what to think about that since I was saved by his actions, but I don't quite understand why he immediately going after path12 as if he were the lone person charging this stampede.

I'm still looking things over, and catching up on some of the midday posts. So my thought there is more preemptive than anything, just gut right now. If oliegirl didn;t come out in support of BK, I would be after BK. path12 seemed to be very supportive, though, of following hoops' logic as well, and he has no voucher from oliegirl. Thus my suspicion. Normally, a wolf, knowing a villager is about to get killed, will lay low in his role of having that villager killed, but I think path might have gotten carried away in our discussions here late.

That said, I can very much see where path12 was a little too obvious, and the wolves were actually quietly putting in their votes and not making a fuss.

As for your planned votes on me, you can all go for it, if you like. It will just waste another day.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #974
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
. Honestly, the only one I'm serously annoyed with is barkeep, his blind melon headed stubborn refusal to even consider that hoops was lying is what led to this.

"For every winner there are dozens of losers, Odds are, You're one of them."
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #975
Antmeister
Pro Starter

And that is what sucks. I don't have a role to show and that is why she wanted me dead. Yet my actions have never tried to defend anyone. At this point Chief Rum and saldana are my candidates because saldana has been after me since the beginning for no good reason and Chief Rum just popped out of nowhere and is already trying to divert blame even though he couldn't have had enough time to read all the stuff when he visited us approximately 15 minutes before the vote.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #976
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Not that saying so means much, but I will come up as a villager as well, which doesn't help any of you. Of course, that's because I am just a simple, role-less villager, so nothing gained really.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #977
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
FYI, it appears that Pumpkin Ale doesn't taste of pumpkin at all. Which I'm happy about.

good pumpkin ale does...what are you drinking
Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #978
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

WTF?? path where have you been man? That came out hours upon hours ago!

GAH, ok, I'm done, I'm dead and dead men tell no tales, unless their pissed off spirits from beyond the grave, then they talk shit constantly.

I'm dead and I'm pissed off.

you do the...grammar...err...something...
Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #979
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And that is what sucks. I don't have a role to show and that is why she wanted me dead. Yet my actions have never tried to defend anyone. At this point Chief Rum and saldana are my candidates because saldana has been after me since the beginning for no good reason and Chief Rum just popped out of nowhere and is already trying to divert blame even though he couldn't have had enough time to read all the stuff when he visited us approximately 15 minutes before the vote.

Divert blame? From who? From Render? Seems I was right there. From you? Are you saying you're a wolf? From me? I am being attacked. Why wouldn't I try to respond to that?

The fact the vote was 5-5 between you and Render tells me nothing significant happened between the point I jumped up from to my deadline vote, because that was exactly the direction sentiment was going where I stopped reading. Are you saying I missed something? Like what?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #980
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
good pumpkin ale does...what are you drinking

Harvest Moon. Now that I'm halfway through it I notice it more. Pretty good.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #981
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
WTF?? path where have you been man? That came out hours upon hours ago!

Believe me, dead man, there is plenty I miss. And more I forget. Getting older sucks.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #982
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

That said, I can very much see where path12 was a little too obvious, and the wolves were actually quietly putting in their votes and not making a fuss.

Love to hear your thoughts on that, either during or after the game.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #983
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Harvest Moon. Now that I'm halfway through it I notice it more. Pretty good.

if they have it out there, you should try some weyerbacher imperial pumpkin ale. its awesome.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #984
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Divert blame? From who? From Render? Seems I was right there. From you? Are you saying you're a wolf? From me? I am being attacked. Why wouldn't I try to respond to that?

The fact the vote was 5-5 between you and Render tells me nothing significant happened between the point I jumped up from to my deadline vote, because that was exactly the direction sentiment was going where I stopped reading. Are you saying I missed something? Like what?

From yourself. You are well aware that you and I would get blamed and trying to act as though path12 led a charge to get Render out of here.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #985
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
if they have it out there, you should try some weyerbacher imperial pumpkin ale. its awesome.

I'll look for it. We've got a couple markets with good selection around here.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #986
Barkeep49
Coordinator

FTR, I trust CR more after his vote tonight. I also think it might be wise for our fool/seer to reveal as that should hopefully knock 1 or 2 more people (depending on if their the fool/seer) off our unknown list, giving us a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance of finding a wolf, if there's one, or better if there are 2. My personal preference for a scan, if it's the seer, is jh as he's my #1 suspect, though I think RD is a good #2. I still like the profile that Render fell into.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #987
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Love to hear your thoughts on that, either during or after the game.

Maybe I didn't word it clearly. I think there are two scenarios. One is a gut call, that says you lean wolf. The other is more of a rational call, that says you're a villager.

From what I have read, outside of Barkeep, you have come out most strongly in support of lynching Render. Note that is based on recent posts leading up to the deadline and your support of the move even after Render comes up a villager. So not saying you have been railing for Render's head all day (as BK seemed to be).

So my gut says you're a wolf, arguing to get a villager lynched. And you didn't intend to come out so strongly in support, but you got a little goaded into it by Render's posting and my challenges to one and all about the issue. Unlikely--you're generally pretty evenhanded--but possible.

Rationally, though, I don't think a wolf would come in outright support of lynching Render or get into any lengthy discussion about it, because he would know Render will come up a villager and those who argued most vehemently for his lynch would look the worst after. So it doesn't make much sense for a wolf to "gun" for Render. Thus, if you did any "gunning", you're likely not a wolf.

I hope that helps.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #988
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I disagree that it doesn't make any rational sense for a wolf to gun for Render. I think it could be completely rational as the only person we had any meaningful discussion about today was Ant, with a little bit about you and Real throw in for good measure.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #989
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From yourself. You are well aware that you and I would get blamed and trying to act as though path12 led a charge to get Render out of here.

I am trying to understand why you are suspicious of me defending myself. Would you rather I just say not bother and let you guys lynch another villager?

Just because I am perfectly aware people will come after me doesn't mean I am not going to defend yourself. I'm honestly abit surprised you would find that suspicious in and of itself.

Just like a "self-preservation" vote. It doesn't say anything about who the vote was for--it's to save that person himself from being lynched. I never put any value into it, which is why I didn't vote for AC on Day Two, even though he was the last vote on the Seer.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #990
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

As for "making it look like path led a charge against Render", I am just referring to small window around the deadline where I perceive his support for BK's initiative to lynch Render. It's a small window I am looking at, and I doubt path was railing for it all day. Just an impression from what I have read, and acknowledging I am still catching up to some of the afternoon posts.

Which is all why I said my gut feeling on path is merely preemptive, and could change when I am completely caught up.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #991
path12
Coordinator

This is a good ruleset, Neon. Tough, but good.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #992
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I disagree that it doesn't make any rational sense for a wolf to gun for Render. I think it could be completely rational as the only person we had any meaningful discussion about today was Ant, with a little bit about you and Real throw in for good measure.

But there's a difference between coming out in support of the lynch and leading the charge. Why would a wolf come out very strongly in support of lynching a guy who knew would come up as a villager? I just don't see that play. Vote for Render? Sure. My guess is there are at least two wolves left, and one voted for Render, and the other from Ant. Doesn't mean anything to us right now, though. If that wolf on Render chose to actively campaign for it, though, little too obvious, isn't it? High risk of backlash once Render comes up golden. Why take that chance? Especially if there are only a couple wolves left, and I doubt there are more than three (I think there's two).
Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #993
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just because I am perfectly aware people will come after me doesn't mean I am not going to defend yourself.

Or myself. That didn't make any sense.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #994
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
As for "making it look like path led a charge against Render", I am just referring to small window around the deadline where I perceive his support for BK's initiative to lynch Render. It's a small window I am looking at, and I doubt path was railing for it all day. Just an impression from what I have read, and acknowledging I am still catching up to some of the afternoon posts.

Which is all why I said my gut feeling on path is merely preemptive, and could change when I am completely caught up.

Your impression is right, I favored lynching RendeR. As you'll see while catching up, my strategy is trying to figure out hoops and who he would pick. Render is in that profile, as is Real, jeheinz and one of you/I/saldana. This is why I favored Render more than anyone else, because a) he fit the profile of someone hoops might have picked and b), he was more likely to get votes than the rest of the group today. Plus the possible benefit to a conceivably uncertain seer.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #995
Barkeep49
Coordinator

CR, I happen to agree path isn't a top notch suspect, hence my top two. However, I think it would be hard to argue anyone led the charge on Render more than I did. I still maintain that a wolf could have acted like path.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #996
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
CR, I happen to agree path isn't a top notch suspect, hence my top two. However, I think it would be hard to argue anyone led the charge on Render more than I did. I still maintain that a wolf could have acted like path.

I agree with you. I can see how my play could be seen as wolfish.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #997
path12
Coordinator

But now I'm going to go think for awhile.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #998
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, but as I noted, I probably would be on you more if it weren't for oliegirl's clearing of you. So not ignoring who really led the charge on Render, but acknowledging that, whatever your reasons for going after Render, they were on the side of being a villager. path has no such assurances, which is why his profile is a little more under scrutiny.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #999
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Was out tonight, but I see we actually went ahead with the ever-so-brilliant plan to lynch Render because Hoops said he was a wolf. And how did that turn out for us?

*tips hat to Hoops*
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #1000
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Nice one Neon, I was actually fooled by it when you said the game was over.

Should be a fun day, pending the night kill and any night-action results.

I'd say of the 5 people left on my list, I'm about equally suspicious of all of 'em. I need to do a lot of back-reading and make a decision.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote