Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #19651
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by a crazy man
Somebody f***ing stole 2 plastic chairs off my porch!

I mean.....ain't NobodyHere.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #19652
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Rough day for Amy Cooper.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:17 PM   #19653
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Rough day for Amy Cooper.

Not sure what her play was. He was recording the entire interaction and her false claims. Did she think because she's white the cops were going to swoop in, take him out, and destroy any evidence he was carrying that paints her in a negative light?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:18 PM   #19654
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have no idea. The whole exchange is insane. Especially the faux distress at the end. I suspect she will be cleaning out her desk tomorrow. Hard to feel bad for her.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:16 PM   #19655
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I mean.....ain't NobodyHere.

hohohohohohohhaahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

VERY nicely played!

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:33 AM   #19656
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
So far that was a breeze compared to what we've gone through trying to buy a house.

The first house was turn key ready, we put a strong bid on it, and then lost due to the fact that we're using a VA loan and the listing agent doesn't like them. He recommended the sellers take a lesser offer. He also wouldn't take calls from the person doing our loan. He refused 3 calls and didn't respond to his text. In the end we lost out on a home we loved to less overall money.

How can someone have issues with VA loans? I've used my without any issues. Are the a pretty good guaranteed loan? Too much paperwork for the agent or something?
Old 05-26-2020, 04:08 PM   #19657
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
How can someone have issues with VA loans? I've used my without any issues. Are the a pretty good guaranteed loan? Too much paperwork for the agent or something?

Generally speaking, lower (if any) down payment and poor perceptions of inspectors and red tape. My understanding is the inspectors and red tape has been cleaned up quite a bit over the past couple of years and is no longer an issue. The perception remains though.

The person doing my loan called the listing agent today and this house has fallen through twice. The first was a VA loan that it sounds like should have never been considered. Really bad job by the lender. So hopefully this phone call calmed their nerves with dealing with another VA loan. They're reviewing our offer tonight.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #19658
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I have no idea. The whole exchange is insane. Especially the faux distress at the end. I suspect she will be cleaning out her desk tomorrow. Hard to feel bad for her.

Fired and surrendered her dog.

I feel sorry that she can't understand that her actions were racist and she refuses to accept the reality of what she did.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:31 PM   #19659
tarcone
Coordinator

There is a thread over on Hawkeyenation called "Will we have football in the fall'. It is a poll and the thread is pretty long. I have expressed my opinion in a non political way. I am getting hammered and threatened with a ban.
And there are many opinion articles about covid,

I am being threatened with a ban and many people in favor of it. None of my opinions are politically based, just historical and scientific based.

What a bunch of asswipes.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:40 PM   #19660
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
There is a thread over on Hawkeyenation called "Will we have football in the fall'. It is a poll and the thread is pretty long. I have expressed my opinion in a non political way. I am getting hammered and threatened with a ban.
And there are many opinion articles about covid,

I am being threatened with a ban and many people in favor of it. None of my opinions are politically based, just historical and scientific based.

What a bunch of asswipes.

Curious minds want to know: what was the opinion you expressed?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:46 PM   #19661
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Curious minds want to know: what was the opinion you expressed?

That is this is way more serious than what they think it is and there will be a second wave that is worse than the first according to historical trends. And we wont have football in the fall.

Basically that. Not much more. Just facts and historical trends. But that was viewed as political. Lots of back lash.

This is why I appreciate this board. no matter what you opinion is and how strongly you feel, it is viewed as legit and accepted and people can argue and bitch then move on.

I guess I was viewed as ultra liberal. Go figure.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:49 PM   #19662
tarcone
Coordinator

I posted the picture of the Georgia Tech football game I posted here in the covid thread and caught shot for that.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:54 PM   #19663
tarcone
Coordinator

Here was the latest exchange with the admin, this was after I was slapped. A recruit pushed back his commitment date. first part is mine and this is the response.

"Gee, he delayed his commitment, I wonder why? Not having an opinion, but maybe lack of the ability to visit campuses?"

'You can have sports opinions. Virus opinions not.

And Jeremiah Pittman is committed without visiting. It depends on the recruit.'

This comment despite the many threads related to the virus.

Last edited by tarcone : 05-26-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #19664
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Fired and surrendered her dog.

I feel sorry that she can't understand that her actions were racist and she refuses to accept the reality of what she did.

Yep. In her mind she is the victim.

The stating she was going to tell the police an African American man was threatening her was bad enough, but when she ratcheted up the fear at the end you know she knew exactly what she was doing.

She has zero chance of ever getting a decent paying job again. Life ruined. Hope having your dog off leash was worth it.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:02 PM   #19665
tarcone
Coordinator

What that woman was doing to her dog was criminal. While she was batshit crazy calling the police while on video, that poor dog was flat out abused while she was doing it.

No concept of reality there. How did she become a VP? I feel sorry for her subordinates.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #19666
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What that woman was doing to her dog was criminal. While she was batshit crazy calling the police while on video, that poor dog was flat out abused while she was doing it.

No concept of reality there. How did she become a VP? I feel sorry for her subordinates.

It is likely how she became a VP. My wife used to work for Procter and Gamble. I have met a lot of VPs. Some of them are truly horrific people.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #19667
rjolley
College Starter

While college fans may not like it, it's certainly a possibility that there will be limited or no football this fall. I don't see why that has to be a partisan opinion...it's just reading the room.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #19668
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That lady was an obvious shithead. How she treated a dog that she had just adopted days previously (and had already decided not to leash) spoke volumes.

...that said I do feel like, removing her from the story entirely, I would also be threatened by some dude stepping out of the woods, telling me "I'm not going to like what I do next" and then feeding my dog. He's keeping a pocket full of dog-treats and has a litany of stories about confronting dog owners in the park? No excuse for her behavior, but dude seems like he might have a line-stepping habit himself.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-26-2020 at 05:48 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:12 PM   #19669
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
That lady was an obvious shithead. How she treated a dog that she had just adopted days previously (and had already decided not to leash) spoke volumes.

...that said I do feel like, removing her from the story entirely, I would also be threatened by some dude stepping out of the woods, telling me "I'm not going to like what I do next" and then feeding my dog. He's keeping a pocket full of dog-treats and has a litany of stories about confronting dog owners in the park? No excuse for her behavior, but dude seems like he might have a line-stepping habit himself.

It's a no dog area and he was upfront that it's not uncommon to run into dog owners using that part of the park for their dogs. It sounds like he's just prepared for that situation. Should she have felt threatened? I don't think so. Should she have felt uncomfortable enough to leash her dog and get out of there? Yes, and I think that was the point.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:41 PM   #19670
thesloppy
Pro Starter

If I were a dog owner I do think I would take someone initiating conflict with me and then feeding my dog loose treats out of their pocket as a threat (to my dog), regardless of how righteous they were.

..but that's about as far as I'm willing to carry the devil's advocacy in this case. The fact that he might also be a butthole certainly doesn't excuse or dismiss her behavior in the slightest.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-26-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #19671
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
While college fans may not like it, it's certainly a possibility that there will be limited or no football this fall. I don't see why that has to be a partisan opinion...it's just reading the room.

I think the problem lies that the Venn diagram of hardcore college football fans and democratic hoax people overlaps quite a bit.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #19672
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

Was the first thing he said after stepping out of the woods that she's not going to like what he does next, or did he request that she leash her dog, per the posted rules, and when she refused, he stated that and then the issue escalated?

Seems like an odd thing to come up to someone and be the first thing out of your mouth.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #19673
Atocep
Coordinator

Our offer on the home was accepted over a last minute cash offer by a company that flips homes.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #19674
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Our offer on the home was accepted over a last minute cash offer by a company that flips homes.

Nice!

Your neck of the woods can be tough. Glad it looks like it is on the up and up. Nothing worse than losing out on a house. We actually offered over asking price on our house with the contingency they wouldn't show it anymore. After 13 months with the in laws I'm not sure we could have handled losing it.

Seatte area is a crazy market. Our biggest financial regret was not finding a way to keep our condo in Ballard when we sold it in 2012. Would be worth double now.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:40 PM   #19675
tarcone
Coordinator

I love the maturity of this board...........

Old 05-26-2020, 09:48 PM   #19676
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:30 PM   #19677
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is this the thread for fart jokes?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:49 PM   #19678
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice!

Your neck of the woods can be tough. Glad it looks like it is on the up and up. Nothing worse than losing out on a house. We actually offered over asking price on our house with the contingency they wouldn't show it anymore. After 13 months with the in laws I'm not sure we could have handled losing it.

Seatte area is a crazy market. Our biggest financial regret was not finding a way to keep our condo in Ballard when we sold it in 2012. Would be worth double now.

The University Place market has blown up due to Chambers Bay. We started looking 3 years ago, but weren't really serious or ready. We've regretted that ever since because home prices have gone up nearly 40% since then.

With our son graduating next week there's nothing keeping us here so we're moving over to Puyallup. It's a central location for my work, the wife's work, and our son's college.

The home was assessed by the VA a month ago before the first offer fell through and we're coming in at current list, but under assessed value. I honestly think the only reason we got it was rather than pull and relist they just opened the same listing back up. So no zillow or redfin notices on the house went out. We've been stalking zillow every day for a month and I caught it less than an hour after the listing opened and we were walking through with our realtor 3 hours later with an offer that night.

If we had lost this one it would have been devastating.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #19679
thesloppy
Pro Starter

"when pelicans are hot, they can stick their spine out of their mouths to cool down"

You're welcome.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-27-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #19680
revrew
Team Chaplain

That. Is. Disturbing.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #19681
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I would say that there is a greater than 95% there will be both pro and college football this season. It might be modified (fan participation) but I strongly feel the games will be played.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #19682
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I would say that there is a greater than 95% there will be both pro and college football this season. It might be modified (fan participation) but I strongly feel the games will be played.

Greater than 95% chance?

SI

Old 05-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #19683
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post

I not only expect college football to start on time, I expect there to be fans in the stands.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 05-27-2020 at 07:53 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:21 PM   #19684
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Greater than 95% chance?

SI

Yes. It's my opinion based on some data...but I do believe it will happen.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:46 PM   #19685
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I not only expect college football to start on time, I expect there to be fans in the stands.

This would be the highest level of stupidity seen yet around the Covid-19 issue.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #19686
JPhillips
General Manager

I think there will be college football games, but I'm less convinced there will be a full season. We're already seeing schools go to on-line for the Fall. There's no way all the conferences will be able to have a full slate of games.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #19687
spleen1015
Coordinator

Seems like every game company or franchise has their launchers these days.

Just let me click on an icon and open the game.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:41 PM   #19688
AlexB
Pro Starter

I must be going mad... McMillions is being advertised left right & centre here atm, but I swear I watched a 60/90 minute documentary on this a few years back?

I know the story, I remember interview segments, I remember the fact that too many of the winners were in too close a circle to be sustainable, and once it was widened secrecy was lost, but I can’t find anything on google that suggests that there was anything prior to McMillions

Anybody help me out?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #19689
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I must be going mad... McMillions is being advertised left right & centre here atm, but I swear I watched a 60/90 minute documentary on this a few years back?

I know the story, I remember interview segments, I remember the fact that too many of the winners were in too close a circle to be sustainable, and once it was widened secrecy was lost, but I can’t find anything on google that suggests that there was anything prior to McMillions

Anybody help me out?

there was one a few years back
Old 05-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #19690
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
This would be the highest level of stupidity seen yet around the Covid-19 issue.

Step one

Texas to let fans attend pro sports events at 25% capacity
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #19691
AlexB
Pro Starter

So while you can put some saucepans in the oven if required, it’s not necessarily a good idea as you’re used to picking up saucepans by the handle...
Old 05-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #19693
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Debating if it’s real. Reads like the Christian version of a letter to penthouse
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:45 PM   #19694
PilotMan
Head Coach

Drawback of living in a town called Independence.....we've had people lighting off fireworks every night since Memorial Day.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:19 PM   #19695
AlexB
Pro Starter

Just stuck my iPod on shuffle... From just under 11,000 songs, numbers 1&2 on the random list were from the same album.

Spooked me, didn't feel right!
Old 05-31-2020, 06:40 PM   #19696
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Can protests be considered a sport?
I've seen offense and defense, running and throwing.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:49 PM   #19697
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Can protests be considered a sport?
I've seen offense and defense, running and throwing.

My kid mentioned a tweet earlier that suggested we're probably just another day or two away from corporate sponsorships, so your question really isn't far off base at all
Old 06-02-2020, 09:21 PM   #19698
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I really hope 2020 isn't aliens testing us to see if we should be allowed to continue

SI

Old 06-02-2020, 09:29 PM   #19699
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I really hope 2020 isn't aliens testing us to see if we should be allowed to continue

SI

3 tropical storms already and the season started June 1st..

What do they have up their sleeves for us next?

Old 06-03-2020, 12:05 AM   #19700
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do they have up their sleeves for us next?

Never ask that sorta question. Just .... never.