Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #551
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I think Pass wants everyone to reveal except himself.

I personally don't understand that.

I think you reveal if your role is so critical that we can't take a chance on Lathum being good and bringing you back.

If your role is only so-so, why bother revealing? You likely won't get saved for your role and we'll find out when lathum resurrects you. (unless he is full of it)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #552
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Pass wants everyone to reveal except himself.

Definitely. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the wolves will comply on that one.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #553
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Definitely. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the wolves will comply on that one.

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #554
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I personally don't understand that.

I think you reveal if your role is so critical that we can't take a chance on Lathum being good and bringing you back.

If your role is only so-so, why bother revealing? You likely won't get saved for your role and we'll find out when lathum resurrects you. (unless he is full of it)

This. And because of this I'm far happier about my vote right now. You don't go fishing for ROLE INFO. As a villager it gets you lynched, as a wolf it gives you away.

So I have to ask myself, why would Pass make such a bonehead move?

Ponderous.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #555
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
This. And because of this I'm far happier about my vote right now. You don't go fishing for ROLE INFO. As a villager it gets you lynched, as a wolf it gives you away.

So I have to ask myself, why would Pass make such a bonehead move?

Ponderous.

I guess it is. Although, it could just be that dubb and I have commented on our roles, and you haven't. In the process, neither of our roles are revealed. Were the comments dubb and I made boneheaded?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #556
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Pass

Looks too fishy at this point.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #557
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess it is. Although, it could just be that dubb and I have commented on our roles, and you haven't. In the process, neither of our roles are revealed. Were the comments dubb and I made boneheaded?

The boneheaded part is trying to get me to talk about mine, how does that help us in any way?

You're smarter than that Pass
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #558
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote Pass

Looks too fishy at this point.

For the record, what is it that looks fishy?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #559
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I was waiting to see where Eaglefan went, but he's holding out a while. I'm going to go ahead and get my vote in so I don't miss it for some silly reason though.

Pass already said he doesn't have a big role so either:

1) Lathum is telling the truth and will bring Pass back and we don't lose him anyways

or

2) Lathum is a wolf and Pass stays dead but we don't lose an important role at least and Pass can go to his grave knowing he helped net a wolf.

Vote Passacaglia

Old 11-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #560
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The boneheaded part is trying to get me to talk about mine, how does that help us in any way?

You're smarter than that Pass

Cut the condescension, please. The point is, dubb and I have spoken up about our roles, without revealing them. Given the plan we have going today, a little hint would go a long way.

VOTE RENDER
Old 11-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #561
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the record, what is it that looks fishy?

I read it as you trying to fish people's roles into the open. Sounds kind of "wolfish", not that my read on the game has been great as of late though.

Maybe I am misreading it, still half asleep to be honest.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #562
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Count as of #561

dubb93 (5)- Darth Vilus (430), Schmidty (507), GoldenEagle (512), KWhit (529), DaddyTorgo (541)
Pass (8)- Dubb93 (438), Autumn (496), Jackal (519), RendeR (520), J23 (530), JAG (537), EF (556), Alan T (559)
RendeR (5)- Danny (505), LSG (510), Lathum (525), lerriuqs (543), Passacaglia (560)
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #563
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was waiting to see where Eaglefan went, but he's holding out a while. I'm going to go ahead and get my vote in so I don't miss it for some silly reason though.

Pass already said he doesn't have a big role so either:

1) Lathum is telling the truth and will bring Pass back and we don't lose him anyways

or

2) Lathum is a wolf and Pass stays dead but we don't lose an important role at least and Pass can go to his grave knowing he helped net a wolf.

Vote Passacaglia

To take my thought a little further. If Lathum is telling the truth, I'd rather not have us lynch the scanner 2.0 and have Lathum bring them back only to see them die again because the wolves know who their role is now. So since Pass has already given enough of a hint that his role isn't that important, it seems the safest play at this point.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #564
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I read it as you trying to fish people's roles into the open. Sounds kind of "wolfish", not that my read on the game has been great as of late though.

Maybe I am misreading it, still half asleep to be honest.

We've got pure reveals for scanner and witness, someone else hinting at a powerful role -- what else could I possibly be fishing for?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #565
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
To take my thought a little further. If Lathum is telling the truth, I'd rather not have us lynch the scanner 2.0 and have Lathum bring them back only to see them die again because the wolves know who their role is now. So since Pass has already given enough of a hint that his role isn't that important, it seems the safest play at this point.

I actually agree with this. It would have been nice if more people voted for wolves instead of me, so we wouldn't have to make the safe play, though. Oh well.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #566
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We've got pure reveals for scanner and witness, someone else hinting at a powerful role -- what else could I possibly be fishing for?

Sorry, didn't see all of the back and forth. Now I see what you are getting at. Now I am actually a little more suspicious of RendeR to be honest. It's like he is hinting without really saying it so that way if the other seer role comes out he can claim that he never said he was the seer.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #567
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Cut the condescension, please. The point is, dubb and I have spoken up about our roles, without revealing them. Given the plan we have going today, a little hint would go a long way.

VOTE RENDER

ANd any hint COULD very likely give away information that the decepticons would value and create a target for night kill. I'm not a fan of "lets toss everything on the table and play a game of attrition" its far less statistically successful.

You out of the blue label me as being "Secretive", with no real reason to, then make it appear that I'm not trying to help the cause by offering up information that could get me killed and at the VERY least I was never ASKED for.

Why on earth would I ever just randomly offer up information about my role? its not smart gaming. In ANY situation. This game is won and lost on facts known and uknown. I will never offer up information for no good reason.

I like everyone else, have a role. The bad guys don't need to know any more than that at this point. Its not being secretive its being smart.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #568
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully the point is moot and the lynch target ends up being brought back to life anyway.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #569
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
ANd any hint COULD very likely give away information that the decepticons would value and create a target for night kill. I'm not a fan of "lets toss everything on the table and play a game of attrition" its far less statistically successful.

You out of the blue label me as being "Secretive", with no real reason to, then make it appear that I'm not trying to help the cause by offering up information that could get me killed and at the VERY least I was never ASKED for.

Why on earth would I ever just randomly offer up information about my role? its not smart gaming. In ANY situation. This game is won and lost on facts known and uknown. I will never offer up information for no good reason.

I like everyone else, have a role. The bad guys don't need to know any more than that at this point. Its not being secretive its being smart.

ACTUALLY, you WERE asked FOR it. I answered THE question FOR dubb AND me, SINCE you HAD not ANSWERED. You COULD have AT least SAID, "I'd rather not say" -- back THEN.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #570
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually agree with this. It would have been nice if more people voted for wolves instead of me, so we wouldn't have to make the safe play, though. Oh well.

Point us at the known wolf to vote for Pass. This statement is kind of ridiculous.

How does the fact that we have powerful roles already KNOWN make it any smarter to reveal ANY other role? it doesn't it just gives them that many more targets.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #571
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
ACTUALLY, you WERE asked FOR it. I answered THE question FOR dubb AND me, SINCE you HAD not ANSWERED. You COULD have AT least SAID, "I'd rather not say" -- back THEN.

WHere? I never saw anyone direct such a question at me, granted I've missed some posts. Who asked and when? Got a quote?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #572
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Point us at the known wolf to vote for Pass. This statement is kind of ridiculous.

How does the fact that we have powerful roles already KNOWN make it any smarter to reveal ANY other role? it doesn't it just gives them that many more targets.

*points away from himself* Over there.

I never asked you to reveal your role. All I did was call you secretive. Now, I'm calling you defensive.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #573
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
vote Pass

I really have no clue, and hopefully good guys will be ressurected. Have any of the vote getters said that having their role revealed would be terrible?

Jesus, I have to do everything for you people.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #574
RendeR
Coordinator

The more you try to be snide by imitating my typing for emphasis the more guilty you look.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #575
Danny
Head Coach

On break from class, but about to start again, doesn't look like there is any need to change as the lynch looks pretty set.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #576
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
*points away from himself* Over there.

I never asked you to reveal your role. All I did was call you secretive. Now, I'm calling you defensive.

Ok so first you blindly (aka with no reason whatsoever) call me secretive, when I have not once been asked for any information. Ans of course just throwing info about our roles out there is the best possible plan of action.

So your opinion is that by not being stupid, I'm being a wolf?

Defensive is going off on a rant without any substance. I've got nothing but the facts supporting me. Your telling me that good play is wolf play and therefore I must be a wolf.

I don't buy it. Smells like rotten wiring.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #577
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I can honestly say I didn't see this back and forth coming.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #578
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Deadline, I believe.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #579
RendeR
Coordinator

Guess we'll find out momentarily.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #580
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I can honestly say I didn't see this back and forth coming.

I agree with you. I was rather stunned when Pass came out after me with a blindside accusation like that. Makes me think he saw he was in a pinch and got desperate.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #581
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The Brawl on the Mall begins with an Autobot rush, as you attempt to take out the Decepticons who's aim appears to be the destruction of the monuments. As you rush into combat as a group, the ground shakes and rumbles, you watch as the Washington Monument and the Vietnam Memorial each fall into the ground. Before you know it, each of you falls as well.

The Decepticon trap has been sprung and Scorponok's underground destruction has worked. You find yourself thirty feet below the surface with water rushing in from a tunnel that Scorponok obviously dug to some water source. You scramble and fight to get out as panic sets in. But amid this panic, one voice reigns supreme, "Autobots, form a chain."

The great Optimus Prime instructs you to form a Transformer chain, that each person uses to climb out of the rapidly-filling pit.

The Decepticons have disappeared but somebody led you to this trap, who? You argue, and fight, and despite great dissension, you decide on Passacglia. He is sacrificed.

Pass was the resourceful, an Autobot named Arcee.

You wait for a similar miracle like yesterday...

and you wait...

and none comes.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #582
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Jesus, I have to do everything for you people.

Not sure why you're pissy about me asking. There are loads of posts here and it's fairly easy to miss something. I'd rather ask the question rather than stay quiet and do something foolish because I was too proud to say something.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #583
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

23 minutes to night deadline...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #584
Danny
Head Coach

So no resurrection? Well, it looks like today will be an easy lynch choice.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #585
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so i guess we'll see about lathum hmm?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #586
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Yep, I made it clear what my vote would be regardless of the excuse or reason if there was no resurrection.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #587
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so i guess we'll see about lathum hmm?

I re-read the ability description, it should have happened already from what I could gather.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #588
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yea, no doubt Lathum was lieing at this point.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #589
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yep, I made it clear what my vote would be regardless of the excuse or reason if there was no resurrection.

I agree.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #590
RendeR
Coordinator

Well yes indeed, it would appear that Lathum's ticket has been punched.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #591
Danny
Head Coach

6. Slut- You can block the action of any player. If you choose Sam Witwicky, you will kill him on site but be exposed in game. You cannot do any other nightkill unless there are no other eligible Decepticons.

It is not 100% clear, but this looks to be a night time ability and thus I really don't see any valid excuse from Lathum.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #592
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yep, I really don't think Slut is a daytime power. At least I'll know who to vote for tomorrow!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #593
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I did not put in an order to resurect Pass.

I had a sense Dubb had an important role based on this post.

Quote:
I gave you an argument for Pass. He is the only candidate today with any kind of case presented against them. It seems the case from everyone else is, eh, I have a feeling. You don't want to lose my role b/c Darth had a feeling.

Based on my role I had to put in a conditional order in case I wasn't back in time. That order was to resurrect Dubb. Pass had gotten some heat and had indicated he didn't have a great role and at the time I left the vote was very much up in the air.

With all of us having a role I decided I wanted to wait until we were in a spot that we may be lynching someone much more important.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #594
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Checking in.

Just a Go Bot.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #595
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Checking in.

Just a Go Bot.

What? Did you sub in for someone?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #596
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What? Did you sub in for someone?

No. Bad joke. Ignore me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #597
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
No. Bad joke. Ignore me.

Good joke. Don't ignore him! HI CHIEF!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #598
RendeR
Coordinator

Lathum:

If you have a conditional order, why not simply make it conditional one "whomever gets lynched tonight" or has PB vetoed that type of wording?

As excellent as your power is, building a CoT is still better at this point than trying to "save a one shot wonder" Assuming your power is one use only.

At this point you're going to get lynched tomorrow. Unless someone else comes up with some major info on a decepticon I can't understand why you wouldn't have done the one thing that would have cleared you and begun helping us build trust?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #599
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sorry Lathum, but you're toast.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #600
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE LATHUM

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote