Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #701
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I should have just agreed to not use my power yesterday and let lerriuqs scan me.

If it will keep me alive for another day, and if it will help grow the CoT I will gladly forego using the power tonight so that lerriuqs can scan me.

I would rather not see us lose a valuable power.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #702
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
lerriuqs why did u scan daddytorgo in the beginning? Sorry if this has been answered already

With my power it's a crapshoot on who I can scan. I tried to pick someone who was around at the deadline that would likely state whether they were staying in Autobot mode (since if you didn't send anything in, you go to disguise mode). I picked someone and went with it. I think the other scanner should have a better chance of being successful than myself though he/she is still guessing as much as I am...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #703
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sold on Lerriuqs 100%, I think we'll need confirmation from somebody on his role reveal. But I think AlanT is right that EagleFan's alibi is a bit too good to be true. I think it's very likely he fake revealed to save himself, and he should be a lynch candidate today.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #704
J23
College Benchwarmer

Vote Eaglefan

I just re-read day 1/2, and unless someone can come out with info that they were enslutted night 1, I don't think I'll be moving my vote.

For what it's worth, I really have my doubts about Lerriuqs being our seer as well. The scan targets thus far haven't made a whole lot of sense to me.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #705
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
See, I don't really buy this. Knowing Lathum is a wolf and looking at and re-reading of how day 1 went down, I think it's very unlikely both Lerriuqs and EF are autobots.

Why? It was Day 1. The vote came down to two of the more potentially important roles in the game - neither of which were even looking to jump on the other to protect themselves. We jumped on the wrong one to end that day, but he's back and alive. We also were very close to hitting a Day 1 wolf in Lathum.

The more you look at me, the more I'm leaning towards you being a Decepticon...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #706
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Why? It was Day 1. The vote came down to two of the more potentially important roles in the game - neither of which were even looking to jump on the other to protect themselves. We jumped on the wrong one to end that day, but he's back and alive. We also were very close to hitting a Day 1 wolf in Lathum.

The more you look at me, the more I'm leaning towards you being a Decepticon...

Also, I believe Alan is an autobot - the timing of his reveal on Night 1 was before PB said anything about the roles involving the Fallen being nullified. If it's a wolf play, it's an amazingly good guess.

I don't know if EF is good or bad but I'll take him up on his offer to scan him tonight to clear him (knowing the cunning is still in play).

Vote Danny
Old 11-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #707
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

sorry but what's the cunning wolf again? if scanned they come up as a villager?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #708
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i think it's hot that somebody scanned me. i've got a power but i'm trying to figure out if/when it'll be useful.

i'm also absolutely buried at work - like I have been lately. Which is no excuse, just saying.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #709
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
sorry but what's the cunning wolf again? if scanned they come up as a villager?

Yes.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #710
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i think it's hot that somebody scanned me. i've got a power but i'm trying to figure out if/when it'll be useful.

i'm also absolutely buried at work - like I have been lately. Which is no excuse, just saying.

It is an interesting power...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #711
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is an interesting power...

isn't it though? i suppose i could use it on say EF...see if he's telling the truth...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #712
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

And before anyone asks, I'm told name and power of the individual if my scan works. I've kept DT's a secret for him to expose...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #713
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

JAG leaps at Lathum, thrashing and fighting. He challenges Lathum, throwing his lasers aside. Lathum does the same and the two brawl. Enormous machines colliding, metal fists flying, the ground quakes under their force. Lathum steps back and prepares to charge when JAG catches him under the chin with an uppercut, snapping his head back like a Rock 'em, Sock 'em robot rather than a Transformer. Lathum falls, the sparks dwindle. His logo peels back to reveal...Decepticon Frenzy, the thief.

I know things change for WW and I'm just having fun here but in what universe would Frenzy ever be able to throw down with an autobot? Lol, just thought that was amusing.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #714
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And before anyone asks, I'm told name and power of the individual if my scan works. I've kept DT's a secret for him to expose...

This goes against the rules. The rules simply state:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
1. Scanner 1.0- Determine a player's allegiance if they are in Transformer mode.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #715
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

I know what I was told in my PM. On night 1, I was told DT was an autobot, his name and his role.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #716
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know what I was told in my PM. On night 1, I was told DT was an autobot, his name and his role.

That is quite the claim.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #717
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
That is quite the claim.

It's true. PB will you please confirm this.

Otherwise, go ahead and lynch Scanner 1.0. It's amazing that lies can get you further in this game than the truth...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #718
Autumn
Head Coach

Hmm, well that is pause for thought. Good catch Dubb.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #719
The Jackal
Coordinator

What are you asking PB to claim? That the Scanner 1.0 gets told all of that info?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #720
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

There are instances, just like with some other powers, a player may learn more (or less) than what is listed within the role. In learning more, it'll be obvious they learned more, in learning less, they will be told that something is causing an interference (or some such matter).

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-04-2009 at 03:04 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #721
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
What are you asking PB to claim? That the Scanner 1.0 gets told all of that info?

PB's following comment is enough for me. What I've said is what I was told. I know DT's identity and role. If you don't believe me, then lynch me. But you're lynching an autobot that is Scanner 1.0.

Also, this gongshow around EF is annoying me. At this point, if it wasn't Alan T, I'd be looking at the person starting it. But based on his Night 1 reveal, I believe Alan is an autobot as well. But Danny's been continuing to push this because he doesn't like the info he's getting...he's acting suspicious IMO and should be at the top of the suspect list IMO.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #722
J23
College Benchwarmer

So, I read that as confirmation that it's possible. Which means back to where we were 10 posts ago or so.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #723
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quite interesting. Quite interesting indeed.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #724
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Well I'm out for a while. I will try to check in well before the deadline in case any others have questions to ask.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #725
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

One other point on this - Darth should know where I'm coming from on this considering the grief and non-belief he was subjected to in the Prom game...But I'm out till later now.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #726
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
One other point on this - Darth should know where I'm coming from on this considering the grief and non-belief he was subjected to in the Prom game...But I'm out till later now.

Yeah I remember that

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #727
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And before anyone asks, I'm told name and power of the individual if my scan works.

Are you backing off this comment now that PB has posted?

You have said that if your scan works you will learn everything about that player. You did not say that if your scan works there are times where you could learn more and that it was obvious on night 1 that you learned more than you normally would.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #728
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

DT, can you confirm whether or not you performed an action on N1?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #729
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
DT, can you confirm whether or not you performed an action on N1?

My best guess would be no as DT has said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT

I could make a guess at DT's role just from his hinting on this page and I would bet I would be correct.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #730
The Jackal
Coordinator

Any vote counts?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #731
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Vote count as of #699:

Eaglefan (4)- Alan T (642), Autumn (693), Danny (695), J23 (704),

Alan T (1)- EagleFan (699)

Danny (1)- Lerriuqs (706)
Old 11-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #732
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow, I am really confused on who to vote for. I see both Eaglefan and Alant's side, but I do not want to jump on the Eaglefan bandwagon. If I vote for somebody besides Eaglefan, Alant and Danny it will later be considered a wasted vote. I kind of want to see where today goes, so I will be around until deadline and will vote later
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #733
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Wow, I am really confused on who to vote for. I see both Eaglefan and Alant's side, but I do not want to jump on the Eaglefan bandwagon. If I vote for somebody besides Eaglefan, Alant and Danny it will later be considered a wasted vote. I kind of want to see where today goes, so I will be around until deadline and will vote later

I am not set on the Alan vote. That was pretty much in response to his beating the drum against me. I don't get why he is trying to get my power out of the game but I think he may be a misguided villager.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #734
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Are you backing off this comment now that PB has posted?

You have said that if your scan works you will learn everything about that player. You did not say that if your scan works there are times where you could learn more and that it was obvious on night 1 that you learned more than you normally would.

My post was based on the one scan that did work. So no I'm not backing off my comment insofar as that. I wasn't told anything more than what's in the rules about my role - PB never told me what he's posted above prior to that post. So I can't comment on whether I learned more than I normally would since I've only had once successful scan. Thus, I'm not really sure what you're trying get at.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #735
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think Eaglefan is a wolf. Just a gut feeling based on his reactions to being called out, I know I was against those yesterday, but I think I will go that direction today.

Vote Eaglefan

As for the Ler post above, what I am getting at is,

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
In learning more, it'll be obvious they learned more

I take this to mean that if you learn more it will be obvious to you that you learned more than you normally would. What you are saying is you don't know if you learned more or if it will be like every time.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #736
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
I think Eaglefan is a wolf. Just a gut feeling based on his reactions to being called out, I know I was against those yesterday, but I think I will go that direction today.

Vote Eaglefan

As for the Ler post above, what I am getting at is,

I take this to mean that if you learn more it will be obvious to you that you learned more than you normally would. What you are saying is you don't know if you learned more or if it will be like every time.

Ok. Yeah, I won't know if I learned more till next time. I assumed that was the norm. Whether or not it is, I'll find out if I get another scan to work - assuming I live that long.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #737
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I don't really like the fact that this is turning into a runaway. Do we really think that two wolves would have fake revealed on day 1? I don't remember the chronological order, but it seems EF was in trouble, so he revealed. Later Lathum did the same, but we now know it was fake. I don't know, I guess it might be feasible.

I tend to believe EagleFan for the time being. It would make sense to fake reveal as the Witness, as it seems low you would get a counter reveal. Also if EF is a villager, the wolves can pile on to him and we really learn noting via voting history.

That would lead me to vote for either AlanT or Danny. I have to take out here in about 15 minutes and won't be back by deadline.

VOTE DANNY
Old 11-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #738
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote Alan

vote dubb

Too much of a coincidence that after RendeR's role comes out dubb claims that he had a piece of all spark stolen that night. A very subtile move to try and gain trust. Sounds a little too convenient.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #739
The Jackal
Coordinator

Danny has been rubbing me the wrong way.

VOTE DANNY
Old 11-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #740
Autumn
Head Coach

I won't be moving my vote, barring new information. I don't see the Danny thing, and I feel sure about EF. I'd like to see another candidate, actually, neither Danny nor AlanT ping me. Other than EF I would go Dubb probably.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #741
Schmidty
Coordinator

First time I've really been able to look at things all day, and I have to say that I am slightly confused with all the reveals. That just makes me think two things: Everyone is being honest because no wolf would put themselves out there this early in the game, or the wolves are getting desperate already. I doubt very seriously that the latter is true since it's only day 3 in qa very large game, so for now I am leaning toward belief.

That leaves me with nothing really. If they are telling the truth, what can I rely on other than my gut? So I am going to go with my gut.

Vote dubb
Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #742
Danny
Head Coach

You guys are far too trusting of role reveals. I really don't see anyway EF isn't a wolf and I still am suspicious of Lerriuqs as well.

In any case though, I have class and will be out until after deadline. With two confirmed villagers already on me, watch out for a run on me to try and save EF.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #743
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm
Old 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #744
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
unvote Alan

vote dubb

Too much of a coincidence that after RendeR's role comes out dubb claims that he had a piece of all spark stolen that night. A very subtile move to try and gain trust. Sounds a little too convenient.

Or the truth. You know, the all spark wasn't my role, it was just an item I had. I still have my role and as I said yesterday it isn't a role we need to lose just b/c people have a feeling.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #745
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You guys are far too trusting of role reveals. I really don't see anyway EF isn't a wolf and I still am suspicious of Lerriuqs as well.

In any case though, I have class and will be out until after deadline. With two confirmed villagers already on me, watch out for a run on me to try and save EF.

Not to sound paranoid, but could you be sacrificing a fellow wolf for being assured of trust the rest of the game? I know that sounds crazy, and everyone will use that against me late, blah, blah, blah, but I have to say it.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #746
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Not to sound paranoid, but could you be sacrificing a fellow wolf for being assured of trust the rest of the game? I know that sounds crazy, and everyone will use that against me late, blah, blah, blah, but I have to say it.

Personally, I've found this game to be worse than normal as far as not having trust in anyone. Even if EF and Lerriuqs are both wolves, I still probably won't trust Danny until the game is over.

The fact that the wolves know what roles are not filled has made things pretty crazy.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #747
KWhit
Coordinator

I'd like to see this turn into a 2 horse race between EF and someone else. Right now, Dubb is pinging my wolf-dar a little bit so I will vote for him. EF strikes me as untrustworthy, too, though, so I think between the two of those guys we have a pretty good chance at getting a wolf.

VOTE DUBB
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #748
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Vote count as of #748:

Eaglefan (5)- Alan T (642), Autumn (693), Danny (695), J23 (704), dubb93 (735),

Danny (3)- Lerriuqs (706), Golden Eagle (737), The Jackal (739)

Dubb (3)- Eaglefan (738), Schmidty (741), KWhit (747)

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-04-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #749
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just got home a few minutes ago from a long drive.

I have to say if it is a two horse race though, I have a ton of trust in the guys that are currently voting for Danny. I don't really distrust Danny any more than Dubb right now personally, neither one has really done that much to draw my attention thus far. Danny had some questionable strategy in my opinion this morning, but I think that could arguably be just different opinions on game mechanics more than a wolf play.

If folks don't buy what I feel with Eaglefan (which I don't blame people as I don't have any proof, just a ton of circumstantial evidence right now) I am like 95% that no one currently voting Danny is trying to pull a fast one or "save" Eaglefan right now since we know Goldeneagle and Jackal are both good, and I feel good about Lerriuqs.

So I guess if we have a two horse race, I'd prefer it to be Danny vs Eaglefan rather than Dubb vs Eaglefan (Sorry Danny)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #750
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

[quote=J23;2161082]Personally, I've found this game to be worse than normal as far as not having trust in anyone. Even if EF and Lerriuqs are both wolves, I still probably won't trust Danny until the game is over.

Too true, nobody trusts anyone anymore. there are a few exceptions of course but i'm trying to be dramatic. this is like the scene in The Thing where Kurt Russell Is talking into his recorder. and on a side note I was livid when i found out that The Thing WW was already played out. major bummer

―Darth Plagueis the Wise