Head Coach

And how. Yes!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #802
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Because I am fairly sure we're about to find out that you were suggesting we avoid lynching a wolf at the last minute.

Wow. You're right...I didn't believe it. For once my gut was wrong...oh well.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #803
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh that's right, I was a wolf... silly me... Go wolves!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #804
J23
College Benchwarmer

Nice work guys.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #805
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, I'm glad he was a wolf.

Now my late stupidity makes me look bad. Blah.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #806
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Every time I feel strongly that lerriuqs is good, he does things that make me re-question that. I still likely won't vote him tomorrow as I think my reasoning about his role still remains.. but I'm really not on the same page as him right now about strategy at least.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #807
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good job Schmidty.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #808
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

It is good work. Didn't see that one coming honestly.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #809
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Every time I feel strongly that lerriuqs is good, he does things that make me re-question that. I still likely won't vote him tomorrow as I think my reasoning about his role still remains.. but I'm really not on the same page as him right now about strategy at least.

That's just cause I'm an idiot. Not a wolf. Now, I have no idea where to go with my scan...Hmm...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #810
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

good work team, good work

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #811
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Well, I'm glad he was a wolf.

Now my late stupidity makes me look bad. Blah.

I don't think it makes you look bad. You moved from one unknown (Dubb) to another unknown (Danny) which would have tied it up and possibly made you look bad, but then you fixed it last minute to vote off a wolf (Eaglefan).

If anything, I think if you were a wolf, you would have left your vote on Dubb at the beginning rather than put yourself in the spotlight.. so you shot up my trust meter a good bit there.. which is actually exactly the opposite of what Autumn is saying which I find interesting.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #812
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Is there a semi up-to-date trust list??
Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #813
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think it makes you look bad. You moved from one unknown (Dubb) to another unknown (Danny) which would have tied it up and possibly made you look bad, but then you fixed it last minute to vote off a wolf (Eaglefan).

If anything, I think if you were a wolf, you would have left your vote on Dubb at the beginning rather than put yourself in the spotlight.. so you shot up my trust meter a good bit there.. which is actually exactly the opposite of what Autumn is saying which I find interesting.

And LSG for that matter.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #814
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post

As far as reveals go?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #815
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, that definately made me more trusting of you rather than less Schmidty
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #816
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I got darned lucky that my re-vote wasn't past the deadline. Stupid lucky is what I am in this case.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #817
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
And LSG for that matter.

Well, I took LSG's comment to mean more what are you doing Schmidty with the quick sucession of votes. I could be wrong there though. I didn't at least infer she meant suddenly Schmidty looked wolfish.. maybe she did though and I shouldn't assume too much!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #818
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I just gave my explanation, LSG.

I'm sure I'm everyone's "wolfdar" now.

I should be a pretty easy target. I screwed up. Didn't realize it would be a tie.

Bad reasoning, but it is what it is.

I understand now, I just typed it too slow and didn't see your response before I pressed send.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #819
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

GoldenEagle and The Jackal are the only two which are 100%

Everyone else is levels of speculation

Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #820
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
And LSG for that matter.

what about LSG?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #821
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, I took LSG's comment to mean more what are you doing Schmidty with the quick sucession of votes. I could be wrong there though. I didn't at least infer she meant suddenly Schmidty looked wolfish.. maybe she did though and I shouldn't assume too much!

Honestly on second thought their reactions actually make them look better. Wouldn't a wolf already know what the outcome of the vote was going to be?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #822
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
GoldenEagle and The Jackal are the only two which are 100%

Everyone else is levels of speculation

Ahem, I pwned Lathum last night, I think I'm looking alright.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #823
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

woot - so we got another one hmm??

+1 for Alan and Danny!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #824
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
woot - so we got another one hmm??

+1 for Alan and Danny!

I have GOT to stop second guessing Alant. He has been on a role lately.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #825
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

My concern about him was based on three things:

1. A possible intent to tie it up and cause who knows what. Looking back it seems it would have set off a duel, which might have made Danny eat it instead of EF.

2. That it seemed his second vote came after deadline. I thought that might be a ploy like, "oops, I was trying to switch it to EF, but look, it tied it up instead." The fact that it wasn't post-deadline could be a good break for a villager or a bad break for a wolf. I tend ot think villager, having looked back at the rules, which presumably a wolf would have done, and seen it had to be 9:01 to be past deadline.

3. Why as a villager fly in in the last second and muck things up like that? Unless you have information or a strong gut feel, I don't see the reason. And the fact that Schmidty switched to danny and then EF suggests he didn't have either.

Still at that moment it seemed a rather last second ploy to save EF, who I was sure was going to turn up bad.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #826
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahem, I pwned Lathum last night, I think I'm looking alright.

Oh sorry, forgot about you.. yeah you are 100%

Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #827
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

3. Why as a villager fly in in the last second and muck things up like that? Unless you have information or a strong gut feel, I don't see the reason. And the fact that Schmidty switched to danny and then EF suggests he didn't have either.

Eh.. I'm under the belief (and Kwhit can back me up on this as he harps on this all the time.. or well used to long ago if I remember correctly), that late at the deadline vote switches that come off looking weird usually are more a villager move that just causes confusion and for everyone to suddenly look the wrong way on accident then anything else.

Usually wolves figure out what their plan will be and their backup plan well ahead of time to try to avoid that last rush.

I am nearly 100% of the belief that the wolves likely wrote off Eaglefan many votes before Schmidty and were at that point just hoping that the villagers would end up saving him. In those cases look for the people who were voting for Eaglefan but actively discussing in the thread reasons we should look at someone else instead.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #828
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote for me. I don't care. I have no defense other than what I said. Criticize my play. That's fine. I deserve it in this case.

I had planned to change my vote to Danny earlier. Real life happened and I didn't Last second I did what I did. It wasn't to create confusion. If you're confused, I'm sorry.

Quote:
My concern about him was based on three things:

1. A possible intent to tie it up and cause who knows what. Looking back it seems it would have set off a duel, which might have made Danny eat it instead of EF.

2. That it seemed his second vote came after deadline. I thought that might be a ploy like, "oops, I was trying to switch it to EF, but look, it tied it up instead." The fact that it wasn't post-deadline could be a good break for a villager or a bad break for a wolf. I tend ot think villager, having looked back at the rules, which presumably a wolf would have done, and seen it had to be 9:01 to be past deadline.

Still at that moment it seemed a rather last second ploy to save EF, who I was sure was going to turn up bad.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #829
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Eh.. I'm under the belief (and Kwhit can back me up on this as he harps on this all the time.. or well used to long ago if I remember correctly), that late at the deadline vote switches that come off looking weird usually are more a villager move that just causes confusion and for everyone to suddenly look the wrong way on accident then anything else.

Usually wolves figure out what their plan will be and their backup plan well ahead of time to try to avoid that last rush.

I am nearly 100% of the belief that the wolves likely wrote off Eaglefan many votes before Schmidty and were at that point just hoping that the villagers would end up saving him. In those cases look for the people who were voting for Eaglefan but actively discussing in the thread reasons we should look at someone else instead.

You're probably right, I don't have that much experience. It was just my WTF. My problem in this game is I think out loud too much. I should have just said WTF and processed it later.

Still, I think if that second vote had come in past deadline I'd have a hard time not wondering about him.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #830
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If I'm still alive in another 5 minutes I'll look for examples of this to see who might have been guilty of this.. not going to bother yet in case they off me. Not sure why they would go after me though as my role is worthless at this point unless it is just out of frustration for my going after Lathum and Eaglefan here. I'm guessing they have juicier targets than me to look for though.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #831
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I had planned to change my vote to Danny earlier. Real life happened and I didn't Last second I did what I did. It wasn't to create confusion. If you're confused, I'm sorry.

It's werewolf, aren't we all confused?

So why the switch to EF? Why not switch back to Dubb if it's Danny you wanted to vote?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #832
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Still, I think if that second vote had come in past deadline I'd have a hard time not wondering about him.

Yep, I agree with that, but it didn't happen after the deadline, so the matter of 15 seconds made Schmidty go from very poor looking to looking very good.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #833
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Vote for me. I don't care. I have no defense other than what I said. Criticize my play. That's fine. I deserve it in this case.

Why would we vote you? If you were a wolf you would have kept your vote where it was to cause a tie. but you changed your vote and EagleFan was revealed as a wolf. So in my book you are in the clear and in my COT.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #834
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
It's werewolf, aren't we all confused?

So why the switch to EF? Why not switch back to Dubb if it's Danny you wanted to vote?

Flurry of thought. I saw EF up by 1, I didn't want a tie, so that was first thing I thought. It was literally a 5-10 second thing.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #835
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Why would we vote you? If you were a wolf you would have kept your vote where it was to cause a tie. but you changed your vote and EagleFan was revealed as a wolf. So in my book you are in the clear and in my COT.

Thanks, but I still feel like an idiot.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #836
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Flurry of thought. I saw EF up by 1, I didn't want a tie, so that was first thing I thought. It was literally a 5-10 second thing.

Gotcha. Not that it would make any difference in the results, I was just wondering.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #837
Schmidty
Coordinator

Anyway, I'm done bashing myself. I screwed up, and that's that.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #838
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Processing night actions now...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #839
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i wonder what would happen if we voted to lynch megatron and optimus and it was a tie. or the fallen and optimus since he is the leader now.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #840
Schmidty
Coordinator

Are wolves allowed to see the day results and then decide actions, or do their actions have to be in before the lynch?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #841
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
No, we're not and that's mostly my fault. I'm actually doing things that I think are slightly out of character for me and no idea why...I'll try to settle in a bit better tomorrow...

As for another issue with becoming clear that there likely is no watcher, I would point out that it's less likely that there aren't two scanners in the game. I only hope the other scanner is having better luck than I am...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #842
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Are wolves allowed to see the day results and then decide actions, or do their actions have to be in before the lynch?

Pretty sure everyone gets a half hour.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #843
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Same deadline isn't it?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #844
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, we're not and that's mostly my fault. I'm actually doing things that I think are slightly out of character for me and no idea why...I'll try to settle in a bit better tomorrow...

As for another issue with becoming clear that there likely is no watcher, I would point out that it's less likely that there aren't two scanners in the game. I only hope the other scanner is having better luck than I am...

help me out here.. What is the watcher?

Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #845
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Same deadline isn't it?

That's why I'm wondering. Do they get to see the results first.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #846
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
help me out here.. What is the watcher?

Sorry Witness...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #847
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The All-Spark pieces sinking into the ocean sends electrical shockwaves into the air, affecting electrical systems everywhere. A bright flash that fills the sky and is reflected in the endless ocean nearly blinds each Transformer. In fact, the Transformers each experience a sharp shock to the system but most survive it. Sure, they each collapse momentarily, their systems sent back to a restart, but most systems recover.

I say most, because the Autobots quickly find Sideswipe, the Hunter, completely unresponsive. He has been killed, fried by an unknown source of electricity. JAG is dead.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-04-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added description/flavor...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #848
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Booo and the COT suddenly shrinks down to three

AlanT
GoldenEagle
Schmidty
Old 11-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #849
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Booo and the COT suddenly shrinks down to three

AlanT
GoldenEagle
Schmidty

Why aren't you including Jackal...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #850
Schmidty
Coordinator

That sucks. At least it was a power that was sort of volatile and not straight-forward.