Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #2101
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Just looked at the front page again. I should have realized what Mrs. S was. I guess I just saw the word hunter and didn't notice the word "Snoop" right next to it.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #2102
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I just figured she was the private eye based on her night abilities. That role is listed as "other" in the roles list on page one. I guess I was wrong about what role she has though.

Ah, okay, I missed that. Now it makes sense.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #2103
Axxon
Pro Starter

Then what the heck is the Private Eye and could it have something to do with our dueling Arcane Ones?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #2104
Axxon
Pro Starter

Arcane Collectors I mean
Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #2105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Then what the heck is the Private Eye and could it have something to do with our dueling Arcane Ones?

That's what I was just wondering.

BTW, interesting side note is that Schmidty has put Hunter by Mrs S.'s role (the role she says she is, and I would guess she is), but in traditional WW games, I thought the Hunter was a night time wolf killer essentially. What she more describes is the Spy.

And actually Private Eye == Spy makes much more sense, which makes me wonder if maybe Mrs. S. does indeed have a third party role with her own win conditions like Racer thought. But no one has come out against her saying she is the Snoop, and she has caught us wolves, so if she's a third party, I am thinking that's the sort of third party I want to keep around.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #2106
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well my internet has been down all afternoon. goldeneagle just got home and fixed it. I guess it doesn't matter though!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #2107
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I believe Mrs. Schmidty, FWIW. I'd again like to ask her not to waste her time following me, too.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #2108
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

For whatever it's worth, I'd like to know who the group would want me to follow. Of course, that doesn't mean I will, I just want to know straight up who - just reply with the name, you don't have to give reasons for this purpose.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #2109
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I believe Mrs. Schmidty, FWIW. I'd again like to ask her not to waste her time following me, too.

These comments, such as the "don't scan me, just tell everyone I'm a wolf and move on" pinged me early as well. Pass, I would say that less is more if you are not a wolf.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:44 AM   #2110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, plans that came to naught. I didn't get a chance to look at voting trends too much tonight. Sorry about that, everyone. I'll try to set aside some time tomorrow. If it matters, I did take a good look at Racer's posts of the voting log and what not, and nothing stood out to me quickly. That doesn't mean nothing's there, but nothing that was immediately obvious to me.

I'll be back before deadline, but will be away for most of the day leading up to it, as usual.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:45 AM   #2111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
These comments, such as the "don't scan me, just tell everyone I'm a wolf and move on" pinged me early as well. Pass, I would say that less is more if you are not a wolf.

Agreed, and Pass knows this very well, so it makes me wonder if he's trying to get himself lynched.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #2112
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm just thinking of the village here. You guys already want to kill me tomorrow anyway -- why bother scanning me, then? If you want to kill me tomorrow, fine, but I suggest you get yourselves a leg up on the next day.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #2113
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just to let you guys know, I might be a bit late because I'm training someone this morning at work.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #2114
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Just to let you guys know, I might be a bit late because I'm training someone this morning at work.

Take your time, man.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #2115
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Did I say take your time? I meant hurry the hell up!! Come on, Schmidty Schmidtyus!

j/k
Old 06-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #2116
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm here. About to post results.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #2117
Schmidty
Coordinator

Another day gone by. Another Cultist destroyed. You should be feeling great great.....but you're still unable to get out. There are obviously more evil ones holding you in, so instead of jubilation, you are feeling frustrated. With that in mind, you all morosely try to get some sleep, but you also try to be a bit more aware of where you're sleeping.

The night passes, and one by one you wake up. You gloomily go about the now ritualistic task of searching for any signs of attacks or deaths. Tonight, you find none; however, you do find JetsIn06. He is handcuffed to a radiator, with a broken nose and cut lip. You ask him what happened, but before he can answer, Passacaglia loudly says, "I'm what happened to him. You see, I am a private detective, hired by local authorities to find a notorious thief, also known as the Arcane Collector. He has been on a rampage lately, stealing valuable, and rare books, and had been traced to Arkham. Obviously, I surmised that this Library is the place he would come to first. I was correct, and he is now in my custody".

You are all shocked by this, but quite relieved that you didn't lose anyone else to the remaining Evil that still traps you here. With that thought, you begin the ongoing debate of who that Evil could be. Will you have continued luck in rooting it out?

JetsIn06 was the Arcane Collector. He is now removed from the game.

Passacaglia is the Private Eye. He does not count as a student in the tally, but wins a major victory if the Students win, as he has accomplished his goal of arresting the Arcane Collector.

Day 6 has begun.

Last edited by Schmidty : 06-19-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #2118
Axxon
Pro Starter

That makes sense.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #2119
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yep, you guys were right. I'm not the Arcane Collector. I'm the Private Eye. I'm not a student, but I win a normal victory if the students win, and a major victory if the students win and I find the Arcane Collector. My reveal was done to smoke him out. I didn't know the Arcane Collector's exact goal, but I knew he was a rare book thief, and was especially interested in the Necronomicon. My hunch is that Jets left a lot out about his victory conditions.

I kept arguing because:

1. It felt like a dick move to immediately say "Got you! I'm the Private Eye, and you're busted!" so I figured I would roll with it until the truth came out.
2. Introducing a new story would have just made you guys more suspicious of me, anyway.
3. I didn't know what was up with the wolves, or what other things could happen if I admitted to being the Private Eye. Basically general paranoia.
4. It's possible (though unlikely) that we can get some more info on who might be a wolf from people's reactions.
5. What's the fun of a fake reveal without a bunch of arguing about it?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #2120
path12
Coordinator

I won't be voting for Pass now.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #2121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, you guys were right. I'm not the Arcane Collector. I'm the Private Eye. I'm not a student, but I win a normal victory if the students win, and a major victory if the students win and I find the Arcane Collector. My reveal was done to smoke him out. I didn't know the Arcane Collector's exact goal, but I knew he was a rare book thief, and was especially interested in the Necronomicon. My hunch is that Jets left a lot out about his victory conditions.

I kept arguing because:

1. It felt like a dick move to immediately say "Got you! I'm the Private Eye, and you're busted!" so I figured I would roll with it until the truth came out.
2. Introducing a new story would have just made you guys more suspicious of me, anyway.
3. I didn't know what was up with the wolves, or what other things could happen if I admitted to being the Private Eye. Basically general paranoia.
4. It's possible (though unlikely) that we can get some more info on who might be a wolf from people's reactions.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #2122
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I kept arguing because:

True that.

I spent a good bit of time last night trying to figure out the private eye role and I got as far as tying it to the necronomicon but stopped short of making the leap to busting the arcane collector because I was focusing on the book too much.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #2123
Passacaglia
Coordinator

As for no kill -- BG block? Hopefully, Mrs. Schmidty didn't follow me!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #2124
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I won't be voting for Pass now.

Oh, I will. I mean, he doesn't count in our tally anyway.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #2125
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
True that.

I spent a good bit of time last night trying to figure out the private eye role and I got as far as tying it to the necronomicon but stopped short of making the leap to busting the arcane collector because I was focusing on the book too much.

I think that was key -- for Jets to make that reveal, he must not have known the Private Eye was looking for him, either. If he had, I'm sure he wouldn't have said anything.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #2126
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think that was key -- for Jets to make that reveal, he must not have known the Private Eye was looking for him, either. If he had, I'm sure he wouldn't have said anything.

Yep. If his role description said he was a notorious thief though, then he messed up bad.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #2127
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Sweet. Though that still leaves us with at least one wolf.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #2128
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm out until late afternoon (going to Pirates-White Sox and hoping my Pirates can actually pull off one win before this series is over) and am hoping Racer/Mrs. Schmidty can get us another wolf.

See you guys later
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #2129
Axxon
Pro Starter

Can anyone right off the top of their heads remember someone who stayed UTR on the Danny/Pass scenario yesterday?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #2130
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Can anyone right off the top of their heads remember someone who stayed UTR on the Danny/Pass scenario yesterday?

I didn't say much about it yesterday.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #2131
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I didn't say much about it yesterday.

I'm not too worried you're a wolf though.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #2132
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm out until late afternoon (going to Pirates-White Sox and hoping my Pirates can actually pull off one win before this series is over) and am hoping Racer/Mrs. Schmidty can get us another wolf.

See you guys later

I can only scan every other night so last night wasn't my night to scan. Hoping Mrs. S comes up with something.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #2133
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I have a suspicion, but I'm going to wait until Mrs. Schmidty shows up, in case I don't need to bother. In the meantime, once I finish up some work, I'll be working on making my case.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #2134
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

So who are we thinking is a wolf? I'm leaning toward Path12 and CR.

Mrs. Schmidty...your role is Snoop/Hunter...what does the hunter portion entail? Does it give you any additional power or knowledge?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #2135
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Uhhh - hello??? Am I talking to myself in here?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #2136
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Uhhh - hello??? Am I talking to myself in here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
Hey, how's it going?
Quote:
Not bad, how about you?
Quote:
Good. Who do we think is a wolf?
Quote:
path!
Quote:
CR!
Quote:
What?
Quote:
I dunno.
Quote:
Me neither.
Quote:
This is confusing

Looks like you are.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #2137
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
So who are we thinking is a wolf? I'm leaning toward Path12 and CR.

Reason please?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #2138
Axxon
Pro Starter

I kinda want to wait to see who Mrs Schmidty followed before I work on wolf hunting. No need to spend time on someone only to have her clear them.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #2139
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I kinda want to wait to see who Mrs Schmidty followed before I work on wolf hunting. No need to spend time on someone only to have her clear them.

You played the pronoun game. Them?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #2140
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Final vote tallies from the first three days. I've put wolves in red, confirmed villagers/villager friendly players in blue, and players with an unknown allegiance in bold.

Quote:
Ok. Here's my final vote count:

7) Mccollins - Jetsin06 (142), Telle (176), oliegirl (187), henry296 (191) Kwhit(284) Chief (287), Eaglefan (316)
6) Eaglefan - Alan T (155), Hoopsguy (197), path12 (203), PurdueBrad (204), The Jackal (293), Claphamsa (299)
4) PurdueBrad - RendeR (214), Passacaglia (222), Axxon (246) Racer(285)
1) Oliegirl - Mccollins (125)
1) Path12 - Lonestargirl (185)
1) Jetsin06 - [color="Blue"]Mrs. Schmidty (240)

I'll be back with the results in a few.

Quote:

Final votes

6) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Passacaglia (560), Chief RUm (574), Lonestargirl (595), Telle (610), Eaglefan (640)
4) Eaglefan - Path12 (474), Henry296 (545), Alan T (557), Jetsin06 (581)
3) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543), Render (588)
2) Mrs.Schmidty - Kwhit (475), oliegirl (550)
2) PurdueBrad - hoopsguy (523), Racer (579)
1) Render - PurdueBrad (404)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Votes with just under 90 minutes to go:

Alan - Hoops (694), Racer (724), KWhit (779), MS (895), Path (898), Pass (1117)
Eagle - Chief (689), Purdue (976), RendeR (977), Axxon (1018), Olie (1025), Jets (1115), LSG (1122)
Hoops - Telle (855)
Mrs Schmidty - Eagle (935)
Telle - Alan (1039)

No Vote - Henry

Out for deadline - Path, Purdue, Olie

I thought I'd post this because it was just after LSG vote so it would be telling if LSG avoided voting with the other unknown wolf at the time. I posted her reasoning for voting for EF below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
only plausible vote since Telle only has one person on her

vote eaglefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
And for what looks like a final vote count (12-4-1):

Eagle - Chief (689), Purdue (976), RendeR (977), Axxon (1018), Olie (1025), Jets (1115), LSG (1122), Alan (1133), Hoops (1136), Racer (1140), Eagle (1145), KWhit (1147)

Alan - MS (895), Path (898), Pass (1117), Henry (1156)

Hoops - Telle (855)
Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #2141
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
You played the pronoun game. Them?

Don't read much into it. I don't have any idea who she followed so yeah, it could be he or she but them is more appropriate.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #2142
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Mrs. S is here so hopefully she provide us with some information.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #2143
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Last night I foloowed PB. I chose to not follow Pass because of his quote back in the 1400's yesterday. He had said something about about he not being a target of Alan's or something along those lines and I went with my gut that it didn't mean he was wolf.
As far as PB, we all know we didn't lose anyone last night and nothing happened with PB either. Doesn't clear him since there was no action but I have to say he's a wolf either. Basically, we learned nothing from it.
As far as who was UTR - CR. That's who jumps out at me.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #2144
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Last night I foloowed PB.

LOL
Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #2145
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Last night I foloowed PB. I chose to not follow Pass because of his quote back in the 1400's yesterday. He had said something about about he not being a target of Alan's or something along those lines and I went with my gut that it didn't mean he was wolf.
As far as PB, we all know we didn't lose anyone last night and nothing happened with PB either. Doesn't clear him since there was no action but I have to say he's a wolf either. Basically, we learned nothing from it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #2146
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
As far as PB, we all know we didn't lose anyone last night and nothing happened with PB either. Doesn't clear him since there was no action but I can't say he's a wolf either. Basically, we learned nothing from it.

fixed.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #2147
RendeR
Coordinator

alrighty then, Lets find this last wolf. I am the Bodyguard. I protected Mrs. S last night from an attack attempt unfortunately I failed to get the identity of the attacker (I only have a percent chance of discovering that) Racer I believe can corroborate my role based on what I was told in a night PM from a couple nights back.

Someone want to update the known/uknown list with all our updated info so we can get voting on the last 2-3 people that aren't cleared?

With our numbers we should be just fine to finish this out even if they manage to get one or two of us before it happens.

great job with that Role Pass, baited him right into it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #2148
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Dude, seriously, I went back and forth lol. You came across desperate and it almost was so much so that I wanted to follow you, but like I said, went with my original gut feeling.

As far as the hunter part of my role, I clarified it with Schmidty, and there's no other power or extension of my role. All I can do is follow somone and report what I see.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #2149
RendeR
Coordinator

I've got a dentist appointment so I won't be back till after 2pm when i get to work.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #2150
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
alrighty then, Lets find this last wolf. I am the Bodyguard. I protected Mrs. S last night from an attack attempt unfortunately I failed to get the identity of the attacker (I only have a percent chance of discovering that) Racer I believe can corroborate my role based on what I was told in a night PM from a couple nights back.

Someone want to update the known/uknown list with all our updated info so we can get voting on the last 2-3 people that aren't cleared?

With our numbers we should be just fine to finish this out even if they manage to get one or two of us before it happens.

great job with that Role Pass, baited him right into it.

I'll confirm your role as well. I saw you the night you were protecting Racer and I followed him. I just didn't want to give you up.