Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
petdawg
n00b

Edit Current Rosters

Hi All,

I have been reading this board the last few days and I am confused about editing the game and what needs to be done. I have played the last two versions of this game and loved them, but there are some real glaring issues in this one with some of the current rosters and player ratings. I have seen some of these mentioned in other threads.

1. Players who do not return punts and kickoffs having skills to do so.
2. Some of the best players who do return punts and kickoffs not having any skills to do so.
3. Long snapper ratings that are very incorrect.
4. Russel Wilson's ratings are a travesty. He is a top 5 QB and probably 2nd in the MVP race, yet he is a back up in this game and it is very difficult to win with him at QB.

There are a few others I have noticed as well that do not come to mind right now.

Is there a way to just edit the current data base and the players ratings? I see a lot of references to ResHacker. If you can't edit the roster and player ratings it really makes this game very limited and will hurt sales. One of the great things with games like OOTP and Football Manager is being able to make adjustments to make the game better. I know FOF is only a one man show, but with out being able to edit the start up rosters I am not sure this game is very playable.

Thanks for any feedback.

Dawg

petdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

The starting rosters are editable. The game includes a playerfile creator. In the game directory in the database folder is a file called player.csv. You can make the changes that you want in there and regenerate the player file. In the player file creator there is a button that says what each column means in the csv file. When you start the game select to use an alternate player file to load up the new one you created.

FWIW Russel Wilson is a 6 in the file (which corresponds to an elite starter), his poor early ratings are probably due to his experience (2nd yr) and the x factor. If you don't want to edit the file to change return and long snapping ratings then you could reduce the x factor when starting a new game and Wilson's ratings should be more to your liking.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

You can edit the players.CSV file and create a new league from that. You will want to turn the X factor feature off.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
petdawg
n00b

Thank you for the help so far. I have found the player csv.file and can edit it. I see values for a lot of things, but some of the key ones show zero. For example, Russell Wilson is zero for screen, short, medium and long passing. I can adjust column V for player rating, so I assume this will make a good difference by adjusting that. It looks like all the columns w-z and AA all the way to BX are zeros.

I did edit one csv.player files and did nothing but adjust the V column. I re-save the file as playersalt.csv. When I load the game and look for alternate player file, I can't find it.

I think I am missing the step: Regenerate the player file, but not sure how to do that. Sorry to such a noob. Thank you for the help.

Dawg
Old 12-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
jamesUMD
High School JV

Column V is overall ratings so if Wilson has a 6 in V, then it carries over to his screen passing etc. To edit individual skills, traits you have to enter a number in those fields (which essentially overrides the value in V).

So for example in the roster I revised I feel RGIII is a good QB but has very little sense rush. So his overall in V is a 5, but his value for sense rush is a 2.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
petdawg
n00b

All right, got the roster settings figured out. Once I create the new stat file how do I get the game to recognize it? I edit and save the players.csv file, but when I go to load my edited .csv file, it appears the game is looking for a .fdt file. I see all sorts of .fdt files, injuries, cities, staff, etc.

Dawg
Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #7
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

You need to use the player file converter. It's in the solecismic folder through the start menu. It will convert the csv file to a fdt
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
rockmedic109
n00b

I can never see anything converted to a .fdt file whenever I save to the Solecismic/FOF folder. Never could in FOF2007 either. I have to save it to a different location and then move it to the Solecismic/FOF folder.
rockmedic109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #9
sandybroon
n00b

This thread is old, but thought I'd try adding my question here instead of starting a new thread.
I can't seem to edit rosters.
I save a renamed copy of players.csv, and make edits, then save. I use the PlayerFile.exe to generate an .fdt file using my edited csv file.
Then I start the game and opt to use alternate player file. I select the relevant file.... and the rosters don't reflect the changes I made.
I tried to test this by setting the overall rating for a bunch of bums to 9 and for a bunch of superstars to 0. All the bums still appear as bums, and all the superstars are still superstars.
Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks in advance.
sandybroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #10
sandybroon
n00b

Nevermind.
I got it to work. I had sorted by the column that determines the team, and resorted by player ID (Column A) before saving.
It seems to have done the trick.
sandybroon is offline   Reply With Quote