Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Next WW Game... (NOT THE SIGN UP THREAD)

I don't know how many people have been following along in our threads, so I thought I would put this out here in the open as an FYI to prospective WW players.

We will be taking a holiday break, at least from complex WW games, now that the LOTR:ME game is over (good job, Anxiety).

I am scheduled to run the next complex game, and my plan is to start it the Monday night (roles going out that night) after Thanksgiving, which is Nov. 27. I would start it Monday morning, but many people will liekly be travelling that weekend, and it would seem like a better plan to push things back 12-24 hours to give everyone a chance to settle.

Hopefully, everyone will enjoy the break and re-energize their WW batteries (although I would join in a small game if was run between now and my game, hint, hint ).

BTW, I decided to go with the Jack the Ripper theme.

edit: I changed the thread title so there is no confusion.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-16-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm in, and I better get to be Jack. I am so sick of being a big fat pussy.

(Testing the water....)
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Lorena
Unregistered

Count me in Chief
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I'm in, and I better get to be Jack. I am so sick of being a big fat pussy.

(Testing the water....)

lol...I am going to be somewhere in the middle ground on Anxiety's proposed rules. I don't believe that limiting language for reaction purposes is necessary. However, any foul language used in personal attacks or needless emphasis will probably be barred. Well, I'll say right now that any personal attacks using foul language will be barred--that's certainly above and beyond.

On the harrasing players issue, I think that is a tougher rule to police, because some of that is needed in WW games, as people are testing everyone out. I will have to make judgments on a case-by-case basis. There will be a line, but I won't set it too low.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

If you're taking sign-ups now, I'm in as well. I love the Ripper theme.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
If you're taking sign-ups now, I'm in as well. I love the Ripper theme.

Heh, heh, naw, this isn't the sign up thread. I am just posting this because people are used to there always being a WW game going, and may not know why there isn't one going right now.

Plus, it gives my game a little more pub leading in, as it will work best with a lot of people involved.

I will post up the official sign up thread sometime over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Obviously, I love the whole JTR/19th century London type theme as well, so I hope I have devised a game people will find fun and interesting.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Tease.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Tease.

heh heh totally.

Actually, another concern I have is that if I don't make some announcement or talk about my intentions before the holiday, people will leave without knowing what's going on. This way, they can know when the game will start and that they won't have to check in that Sunday or even Monday really (as nothing vote specific will happen until that Tuesday evening, the end of Day One). So people who want in can just enjoy their holidays and not think about this game or even FOFC period until afterwards.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
heh heh totally.

Actually, another concern I have is that if I don't make some announcement or talk about my intentions before the holiday, people will leave without knowing what's going on. This way, they can know when the game will start and that they won't have to check in that Sunday or even Monday really (as nothing vote specific will happen until that Tuesday evening, the end of Day One). So people who want in can just enjoy their holidays and not think about this game or even FOFC period until afterwards.

perhaps you should get a sign up thread out there then, that way people will know they have an obligation to the game and we wont have any no show problems when it does start.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
perhaps you should get a sign up thread out there then, that way people will know they have an obligation to the game and we wont have any no show problems when it does start.

Hmm, you don't think it's too early? I am thinking people are more likely to post that they will be in, and then will forget, lol.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #12
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmm, you don't think it's too early? I am thinking people are more likely to post that they will be in, and then will forget, lol.

do a signup thread and then a mass reminder-PM when the holiday is over and you want to remind people...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #13
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Glad to see the Jack the Ripper theme. I hope to be able to play in it as well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm more likely to be counting down the days rather than forgetting.....
Old 11-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #15
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm more likely to be counting down the days rather than forgetting.....
Me too
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:48 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, enough seem to have spoken that I can start the thread, so I guess I'll do it.