Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 4

At first, I try to just wander around in the deep dirt and fight the Pokemon there. I do manage to level up a few people, but it’s slow going, because the XP from these dudes is pretty low – in the 150-200k range which split across two Pokemon is not much. Therefore, I head down to the little pond and fight one of the trainers and XP jacks up. Here are the levels I’ve gotten so far:

Foudre = level 22, did not take Pursuit
Judos – 22
Chatters 18 – took Leech Seed for Scratch

I move in to another fisherman trainer, with Foudre in the lead. I’m fighting a Basculin again. Foudre takes out one, but not before it’s down to 11 hp. Chatters is level 19. I switch out Fury Swipes for Bite. I send out Chatters for the next Basculin. Chatters defeats it, and gains a ton of XP. These Basculin give 600-800 XP each. I got 576.

I head to this fenced in area and talk to a chick in a pink outfit with an umbrella. I toss out Judos and she rocks Tympole. Vital Throw takes it out. Chatter sis level 20. I switch to Chatters vs another Tympole. Vine Whip is great, but Chatters gets Supersoniced. He manages a Vine Whip to ktake care of the second and final Tympole. Another 576.

In this area I find a Hyper Potion. I run into a construction worker. He dispatches Roggenrola which should get crushed by Judos. Sturdy keeps it alive for a turn at 1 hp. Seismic Toss finishes the job. Another Roggenrola is dispatched and although I initially left out Judos, I need to pull him after too many Sand Attacks. An Arm Thrust misses after a Sand Attack and Rock Throw does some damage to Snorts. Arm Thrust connects the next turn for a KO. I switch to Lazyeye for Timburr. Two turns later Timburr has bit it. 680. I find a Burn Heal with the DM (Dowsing Machine).

Judos gets to 23 fighting Sandile in the pits. I switch to Lazyeye and talk to a construction worker who offers a battle. In two turns, Timburr is defeated and Lazyeye gains a new move at level 21 – Air Cutter. I replace Gust with it. Chatters gets to level 21 as well. 760. Way back here is TM41 Torment. DM Ether.

I enter a house here. I can rest here, it’s the bunks for the construction workers. Everybody is healed – nice.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head back to the road and advance. I run into Cheren. He wants a battle. I lead with Snorts, and him with Pidove. He uses Air Cutter and does some damage but Flame Charge plus the Sandstorm takes him out. Out comes Foudre to fight against hew newly evolved starter – Dewott. Shock Wave sets us up. Sitrus Berry heals it. He uses an attack I’ve not heard of – Razor Shell, but I avoid it. A third Shock Wave ends this. I send out Victini to fight the battle of the Fire Pokemon vs Pansear. Confusion + it hitting itself kills it on the first turn. Next Pokemon is Liepard. I haven’t any idea what that is. I leave in Victini It looks super awesome. At first, I have no idea, but then I realize it’s probably an evolved Purrloin. Which means its dark vs my Psychic Pokemon. I pull Victini for Judos. It uses Pursuit first. Victini takes a ton of damage but survives. It’s Pursuit does little against Judos but Vital Throw one hit Kos his dude. 4400. Cheren and I get a call from the Prof on our phones. We need to get to the gate of Nimbasa City. I save to get ready, then heal up at the house.

I find a Burn Heal and then begin a Pokemon battle with a trainer. He has just Daramuka. I has sent out Victini. Two Confusions, it hitting itself, and two Sandstorms causes it to bite it. Chatters reaches level 22. It wants to learn Seed Bomb. Seed Bomb looks like a nice Grass mov e- 80 strength, 100 accuracy, 15 PP. I Pull out Vine Whip for it.912 for winning.

I give Chatters the Leaf Stone.

Say hello to Simisage.

I thought it would look cooler. I switch Miracle Seed with the Exp Share.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-10-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I find an Ether and then move to talk to a trainer. A battle! I’ve kept Victini in front. She has Cottonee. I burn it twice and it’s gone. Level 19. 912. I hit another just a short walk later. I Incinerate the Petilil. She uses Sleep Powder – sleeping Victini. By the time I’ve woken, Synthesis and leech Seed have rehealed Petilil. I burn again. Another Synthesis. In the sandstorm, this is killing me. I finally manage to take it out. 864. I find a Super Potion. Another trainer. I moved Judos to the front. I take out the Blitzle. 456. DM: Hyper Potion. Construction Worker. Roggenrola bites it to Judos. Lazyeye one hit Kos a Timburr. 720. Another CW trainer. Two turns to take down a Timburr by my Judos. 760 more. I find a house and enter. One gives me TM 28 Dig. Pretty powerful. The other tells me something I already know.

I face a backpacker on the road underneath the Highway. Foudre takes out a Pidove. Level 23. 456. I find Desert Resort. The Pokemon are much more powerful. The Sandile here is level 20, for example. Seed Bomb is fun. I go through a tunnel and arrive at another sand stormy area. Desert? DM: Rare Candy. I leave this place for now. Lots of Trainers. I run into a Dwebble on the way out! I switch to Foudre and Thunder Wave works, so it can’t be Ground. I suspect Rock/Bug. Go Poke Ball.

Dwebble
Level 22
Named Hermie
Bug/Rock
Male

Old 03-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nimbasa City

I arrive at the enclosure that leads to Nimbasa City. I run into the Prof and Cheren here. I get some Ultra Balls. Someone is asking about electric Pokemon.

I run into an old guy from the Day Care getting hassled by two Team Plasma grunts. I move in between them and then I am attacked. Chatters takes out a Watchog. Lazyeye’s psychic attack takes out a Trubbish. 720 for me. They mention they are hiding out at the amusement park and run. The old man gives me a bike as a token of thanks. Bianca arrives and tells me she’s off to see the Pokemon Musical. I find the PC and get some healing.

Hermie doesn’t look good enough as a pokemon. Rock is a poor type to have. It’s vulnerable to way too much stuff – Steel, Fight, Grass, Water and Ground. It also takes full damage from a lot of common attacks you might think would have a problem with it – such as Bug and Lighting. The only things it’s strong against are Fire, Flying, Normal and Poison. If I am facing a Normal Pokemon, I’d rather toss out Steel or Fighting than Rock. Not every one sucks, I’ve played Tyranitar before in my Final 6. But it’s a pretty weak type, all things considered. Getting a STAB attack on Fire, Flying, Ice and Bug isn’t that great either. If you have an Electric Pokemon in your party (pretty common), you hose Flying already. A water Pokemon, which is virtually essential, hoses Fire. Fire takes out Bug, and is pretty common too. What do I need Rock for? The exceedingly rare Ice Pokemon, which almost always has another type I can use to break it?

Now Bug is interesting. It’s one of only two super effective attacks vs Dark, and if you don’t have fighting, you want Bug. I have a ton of fighting right now, so that’s not necessary, even though I’ve encountered a surfeit of Dark so far. It’s also really good against Psychic, which means you won’t have to have the typically weaker Dark Pokemon in your party. There are historically some very strong Bug Pokemon (Scyther and Scizor, Pinsir, Heracross, as examples) that you can take all of the way. They also are one of the 50 billion types that’s really good vs Grass, which reduces your need for Fire a bit and Poison a lot. Bug is only weak to the obvious Flying, Fire, and Rock. It’s super strong vs Grass, Ground and Fighting. It’s got a lot of value if it’s a strong Pokemon, and the Rock half does shore it up a bit. The combination of Rock/Bug gives you this:

Weak Defensively vs:

Rock
Steel
Water

Strong Defensively vs:

Normal
Poison

(These cancelled each other out, Fight, Flying, Fire and Grass, so they will do normal damage)

STAB Attacks vs Weak Foes:

Dark
Grass
Psychic
Flying
Bug
Fire
Ice

That’s not too bad a list, and if this guy was better in terms of stats, I might swap him in. But I already have this in my permanent three with just Fire, Fight and Psychic.

Super Good STAB attacks vs Normal, Rock, Steel, Dark, Ice, Fight, Poison, Bug and Grass.

Add in my Elect dude and I’ve added: Water, Flying.

With those four Pokemon, I am only missing STAB Super Effective attacks vs Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Fire, Elect, and Psychic. What does a Rock/Bug add to helping me get coverage for these 7? Fire and Psychic. That’s not enough for a Pokemon with not great stats. Remember that I know I will eventually have a Water Pokemon with Surf, so I know that Fire and Ground will get covered. I would also have to pull the extra Pokemon (Lazyeye or Chatters) and since I need a flier down the road, that would be Chatters. He;'s also giving me Ground coverage as well.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I find a TM Machine Department at the PC. Interesting They are much more expensive than before, because they can be used and reused. I look to see if any have my interest. Of the group, the one I think is most enticing is Return, which I’ve always been fond of. With a Pokemon that really likes you, and has been with you a while, it’s basically a 100 strength normal attack, with a ton of PP and accuracy. I pick it up for 10k. If I manage to get a Normal Type Pokemon later this will be an essential for it. Almost every Pokemon can learn it too.

Next to the PC is the Battle Institute. I decide to do the challenge. No items, and all Pokemon are level 50. NM, he says I can’t do it, I haven’t finished my journey yet. Sucks I enter an arch with bright light to the right as you enter the city. I run into N again. She leads me to where Team Plasma is hiding out. So we get on the Ferris Wheel. (Nice graphics). N says she is the King of Team Plasma. Ghetsis asked her to work with him. Plasma arrives and call him My Lord N. They call him sire, but if he’s a dude, then he the most feminine looking due I’ve seen (it’s very common for characters in RPGs that have been chosen to be female to still get called male pronouns regularly – happened ALL OF THE TIME in KOTOR and KOTOR 2 for example). N battles me.

I have Victini in front vs Sandile. Not the best match – type disadvantage on ground and dark. I switch for Snorts. Arm Thrust takes it out in two tows, and I was Sand Tombed for damage. I am about to engage a Sigilyph. What’s that? Hmm. If I were to guess, I’s say Pychic or Rock. Let’s switch to Chatters to see. That is one weird looking Pokemon, and it’s flying. Type disadvantage. I swap for Foudre. He used Air Cutter, then Psybeam, and Foundre is KO’d before I could Shock Wave., Back to Victini. Incinerate ordered. It uses Air Cutter. It took virtually nothing. Nasty. Let’s try Headbutt. Do it again. I get a crit, down to low yellow. It’s so fast it’s going off first I will die with the next attack. QA will do virtually nothing. Hmm. I use Fresh Water to heal myself. Air Cutter. Then Headbutt and it faints. Whew! Chatters is now level 23. Next is Scraggy. I send out Judos. I order Judos to Vital Throw. He Brick Breaks me for virtually nothing. One hit ko. Level 24. Next is Darumaka. I stay with Judos. Revenge. He Fire Punches first, and then 100 damage fighting attack takes it out in one hit, despite no super effectiveness. 4400. N gives me some guff and runs.

Let’s explore the Amusement Park. DM: Super Repel. I find X Attack. I find the gym here. I might as well check it out. I head to the PC and heal, then head back. I teach Victini Return for Quick Attack (he needs a stronger attack than the 30 damage Incinerate and 50 Confusion).

Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nimbasa City Gym

The gym is an amusement park ride. I am given another Fresh Water, and now I need to figure out the gym puzzle. I take the car on the left. It did nothing. Now the right.

Trainer – Emolga. Never heard of it or seen it before now. Shock Wave but it. Victini uses Return. Spark by it. Victini Paralyzed. Headbutt. Return does more damage than Headbutt, so it’s already at the 80ish mark. Incinerate vs its Shock Wave. Victini is taken down. I send out Chatters. Seed Bomb ordered. It uses Shock Wave. Not that good. Sed Bomb is not very effective, but a crit, so it’s down. A second one is being sent out, so I order Foudre to enter the battlefield. I suspect the Emolga is Elect/Flying. I order Shock Wave of my own. It uses Double Team, and my lighting attack is at normal level, because it’s flying and elect. I use it again. It gets acrit Pursuit off, and I get off another Shock Wave. It uses Double Team again, and I try a 4th Shock Wave to finish it, and I connect. Foudre is down to 13 hp, but we took out the trainer. 7680.

Another trainer ,and I have led with Snorts. He tosses out Bliztle. Flame Charge ordered. That will also speed me up, but the attack, with nothing else – down to red. I go first and finish him. 4000 for me. Another trainer escapes from a roller coaster car and attacks. I am going up against another Blitzle. I take it out in one hit from a Flame Charge. I keep it out for another one. Same attack, now I go first, It survives the attack and uses Shock Wave. I order Ember. KO’d Blitzle. Level 27 for Snorts. 3840 dollars. A fourth trainer was also hiding in a car. Emolga uses Shock Wave, and I have Snorts Flame Charge it. The next turn, Flame Charge again. It uses Shock Wave. A third turn sees Ember burn it down. 4000 more. I am at the Gym Leader and I choose to return and heal and come back. I put Victini first in my party, and move to the Gym Leader.

Ysabel vs Elesa for Gym Badge 4

She leads with Emolga. Victini is out. She uses Volt Switch. It’s apparently like U Turn because the Pokemon switched wit another Emolga. I use Confusion. I do it again. Another Volt Switch. A third Volt Switch – annoying. Down goes Victini. I send out Snorts. I seed to end this. Flame Charge. Emolga uses the first flying attack I’ve seen with Aeriel Ace – the others neer used it, and Snorts is wounded. Elesa use Hyper Potion, another Flame Charge. I do it again. I took it out, but it’s Static has paralyzed Snorts, who has grown to level 28. I replace Ember with Take Down. I am wounded and paralyzed, but I have three Flame Charges on me, so I can go first. I switch to Foudre, because I can’t rely on getting off an attack right now.

The slightly wounded Emolga is back out. Thunder Wave. It uses Pursuit, and it’s a crit hit, but it is now Paralyzed. Shock Wave. It follows with another crit of Pursuit and takes me down with TWO crits. Go Judos. I know Type Disadvantage. Seismic Toss. It goes first. Judos is paralyzed from the static. Emolga is paralyzed and cannot move. Seismic Toss. Elesa uses another potion. Another. Judus is paralyzed and takes Aerial Ace. Again. Another Aerial Ace, but a Seismic Toss. Seismic Toss one more time Another Ace takes him out – if Paralyze had worked just once, he would’ve finished this off – go Lazyeye. Paralzye Heal used on Snorts. Emolga is paralyzed and can’t do anything. Heart Stamp used, and down goes Emolga. Level 22 for Lazyeye. He wants to send in Zebstrika. Sounds like an evolved Blitzle. Go Snorts.

FLAME CHARGE. Nope, it kills me. Go Chatters. Leech Seed. It still knows Flame Charge – yuck. I use Revive on Snorts. Flame Charge finishes off Chatters. Go Lazyeye . I use Fresh Water on Snorts. I take a Spark. Dead Lazyeye. Go Snorts, my last Pokemon, fully healed. Snorts is level 28, and the foe is level 27. This is doable.

Flame Charge! He uses Spark and hurts me bad. I use Flame Charge and gain life from Leech Seed. Flame Charge! He uses Spark. I am down to 11. Flame Charge takes it down. Leech Seed won me that. 6480!

With 11 hp on my last Pokemon, I win! I get a Bolt Badge! I also get TM72 Volt Switch. She’ll also let me cross the bridge on Route 5 to get to the next city.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-10-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s keep exploring the City. I want to entre Battle Subway,but before I do, a blue haired chick comes out, gives me some info about it, and a VS Recorder. I enter.

It definitely looks like a subway station. I take the single trains platform. This is like Battle Frontier stuff, so I leave. I am given a Macho Brace from a person in a tunnel/enclosure thing. I immediately give it to Judos, with his Revenge and Vital Throw moveset. I head out the left and enter Route 16. Let’s take a look around.

I run into a police officer trainer and am forced to fight Herdier. I still have Victini in front. It gets a crit on Crunch and Victini is down. Out goes Judos. Herdier is Vital Thrown for a KO. 1920! I run into a biker trainer. She has Ducklett. I toss out Chatters. Seed Bomb is ordered. It’s not super effective, so Duckett must be flying/water. Another takes it out. Chattters is level 24. I dispatch Judos for Liepard. Vital Throw. It uses Fake Out. One hit KO. Level 25 for Judos. He wants to learn a move called Storm Throw, which I’m unfamiliar with. Let’s take a look. It’s always a crit. Interesting. It’s only a 40 attack, and I don’t know how much damage that is, so I swap it in for Focus Energy. I want to test it out. 704.

I find a trainer near some grass. Chatters is facing something called Drilbur. It looks like an Ice Pokemon. That’s not good. Let’s see for sure. Bite. It uses Dig. Perhaps I should have used my seed attack. Dig is not very effect. Seed Bomb. Super Effective. Probably Ground then. 552.

Let’s move through the grass and see what I can find. I run into something….weird. Solosis. I use Thunder Wave. It uses Charm. I rock Flame Charge. Another Charm. Another Charge. It doesn’t do a lot of damage after four lowers of my attack, so I can use it to pick at the creature. The Solosis uses Hidden Power. Go Poke Ball.

Solosis
Level 19
Named Teardrop
Psychic
Male

Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I also run into a Trubbish. It uses Double Slap after I paralyze it. Flame Charge. It throws out Toxic Spikes. Another Flame Charge and more spikes. Go Poke Ball!

Trubbish
Level 19
Named Baggers
Poison
Male

Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A higher level wild Trubbish takes out Foudre so I head back for a heal. I look at these Pokemon and neither are anything I want/need. Since I’m back at the city, I keep exploring it.

I am given Strength in a house. A lady upstairs gave me a Soothe Bell. Someone else gives me a Sun Stone. The person tells me it will evolve Petilil. Hmm.

While exploring, Bianca finds me. She forces me to come with her to the Pokemon Musical. I am given a Prop Case for the musical. I pick Victini for this. I play Dress Up with Victini like a paper doll. Bianca then leaves me on my own. I decide to try this for laughs and send in Victini. I choose Forest Stroll as the musical. I give Victini a green head dress and dress. Nothing happened after I spent a time watching that dumb thing. No prizes, just comments. Someone I talked to here gave me TM 49 Echoed Voice. Let’s try it again, just for fun. I choose Victini for A Sweet Soiree.I go with a cane, gentleman’s hat and bow tie. Apparently I did pretty well, because when we were done, I ran across two new people outside, and they each gave me a prop. I do it again, this time with Victini for Stardom. I am using glasses, umbrella, and tennis racket. Afterwards I get a Red Barrette. Next up is Victini with Exciting Nimbasa and using/wearing – Maraca, Paintbrush and Hula Skirt and Green Barrette. Here we go. I get nothing but there are people who liked it. I take off.

Bianca is in the street talking to her dad. He wants to take her back home, but she refuses. The gym leader shows and talks him out of it. Everybody skedaddles. Time to check out the Athletic stuff. It’s a stadium practicing for a soccer match. I run into a Striker who wants to battle. Foudre ends his Ducklett quickly. 2500. Nothing else here so I leave and check out the smaller athletic building. A tennis player approaches me here and sends out Blitzle. Mine in the lower level, so I pull it out. Snorts takes it out. Foudre is now level 24. 2500 for me.

I head back, heal my Pokemon, and move back to that place I mostly avoided earlier. I enter Route 4, and then arrive at the map called Desert Resort. Let’s do some serious exploring and battling.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Desert Resort

I run into a trainer early, and he tosses out Solosis. I had chosen to lead with Lazyeye. Assurance. Next turn it reels from another and faints. 1380. He heals my Pokemon after the battle, so he must be the Nurse of the area. Yup, I talk to him again and he’s a doctor.

I go up. Trainer #2: He sends out a Pokemon named Tranquill. It’s a bird Pokemon. Perhaps the evolved Pidove. Heart Stamp. It uses Roost. Again. Done Tranqull. Level 23. Lazyeye is still not getting a lot of stat improvements. It’s not a long term fixture for me. I move it from the front. Time to start looking for a replacement.

Let’s make this short and sweet:

Trainer #3 – Watchog vs Victini. Had to switch to Judos after confused. And damaged. Level 20 for Victini. 1104
Trainer #4 – Yamask vs Victini. (Yamask looks very eerie). Foudre out after the Ghost rapes Victini, and it falls, next is Chatters. Munna vs Chatters. Ended with Chatters Bite. 1408
Trainer #5 – Gothita vs Victini. Victory for Victini. 1536.
Trainer #6 – Maractus vs Judos. 552.
Trainer #7 – Duckett vs Victini…er…Foudre. 2880.
Trainer #8 – Darumaka vs Victini. Level 21. Blitzle vs Judos. Level 26. 2760.
Trainer #9 – Solosis vs Victini. Woobat vs Foudre. 1472.

I find: BlackGlasses, Soft Sand, Hyper Potion, Ether, Heart Scale, Super Potion, Fresh Water, Rawst Berry x2, Stardust x2, TM 39 Rock Tomb, Fire Stone.

I also run into a Sigilyph in the desert sands! It takes out Foudre before it can Thunder Wave because it somehow stopped Thunder Wave from hitting. I try a Poke Ball with it at 50%. It breaks out. I try again. Nope. A third time. Nope. Let’s try a Great Ball. Nope. Each turn it gets hit by Sandstorm, as a reminder. Another GB? Nope. A 3rd try. Got it.

Sigilyph
Level 20
Named Weerie
Flying/Psychic
Male

Same types as the flyer I’m trying to replace, but looks like it has much better stats.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head into a tower. Inside I encounter some stuff, so I keep moving, even though I can’t get past the barrier. I run into a Yamask. I can’t paralyze, because Foudre is still down, so I use Incinerate to lower it’s hp and catch it in the first throw.

Yamask
Level 22
Named Tatari (look it up in Japanese)
Ghost
Female

Old 03-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Relic Castle

A trainer wants to battle just inside. He uses Sigilyph. Chatters ends up taking it out after he used Whirlwind. 1536. I go heal and return. Level 22 for Victini after taking out a wild Sandile. I find a trainer and Woobat is sent out against my Foudre. I switch to Chatters vs Munna for Bite. It uses Hypnosis and Chatters has fallen asleep. It wakes up a few turns later and hits it twice more to take it out. Level 25.

There are these quicksand areas. I fall into one and fall a floor. I grab a Revive and Elixir while here, and I head back up stars. I need to figure out how to go over them. Perhaps they are the newest HM I need to cross? I try to skirt around the edge and fall down again. I figure it out by walking, instead of running, past the edges. A backpacker offers me a fossil. Which do I want – Plume or Cover? The Plume Fossil is likely a bird of some sort, so I take it. Then the backpacker tells me that it couldn’t fly, it was just a forest bird. Great. I try to head down, but this construction worker won; let me – says there is too much sand right now. I retreat.

Okay, we are done with the Castle for now, and with the desert for now too.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am heading back to the museum with the fossils. I swing by the art museum in Castelia City to see what the artist wants to paint today. I take Chesto Berry after showing a Sandile. The place of grass in the forest covered by the man is open, soI swing over, and immediately run into a new Pokemon – Swadloon. I grab it with one Pokeball after a Thunder Wave and a few Shock Waves.

Swadloon
Level 23
Named Bugleaf
Bug/Grass
Female

I check the Pokedex and this is an evolved Sewaddle.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I move one step and hit a Whirlipede, an evolved Venipede. Thunder Wave starts us out again. I try to catch it once but fail. I try to deal it some damage. Seismic Toss from Judos makes sense. The 2nd PokeBall works.

Whirlipede
Level 24
Named Wheelies
Bug/Poison
Male

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-11-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I immediately start exploring this space more. I hit a level 23 Petilil. There appears to be a whole area back here. I find a Rare Candy and TM 22 Solarbeam. Snorts is now level 29. Then I run into a Tranquill. Victini level 23. 2 Poke Balls fail so I try a Great Ball. It works first time.

Tranquill
Level 23
Named Hopedown
Flying/Normal
Female

Old 03-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I see more, so I go deeper. I find a Hyper Potion. I find a place with some stones. Can’t seem to do anything here though. Okay, we are out, and let’s continue. While I am here, I head south, to that rock. I find an Ether while here with the DM. Snorts gets me a Star Piece from the rock. I hit town and give the fossil to the museum, and I get back an interesting Pokemon.

Archen
Level 25
Named Quartz
Flying/Rock
Male

It’s already in my party, so let’s take a closer look. It has Pluck, Ancient Power, Agility and Quick Guard. I’m not familiar with Quick Guard, so I check it, and it protects the party from first priority moves like Extreme Speed and Quick Attack. Boring. Agility is not great either. Pluck is an attack that eats a berry the foe may be holding onto. As a flying attack, it does 60. Not too bad for right now, but you want better soon. Ancient Power does give me a rock attack, but it’s not one with a lot of power (just 60 again) or pp (just 5 times I can use it).

Still, at level 25, it’s easily the best flyer I have I suspect. Let me check to verify. Stats at level 25: 68, 36, 48, 29, 36. Is has a lousy ability, Defeatist. It’s stats are lowered when HP become half or less – that’s awful. Yuck.

Other flyers:

Tranquill – level 23, 46, 35, 30, 29, 39
Lazyeye – Level 23, 38, 32, 44, 32, 62
Weerie – level 20, 25, 40, 47, 41, 49

That ability is so bad, I wish I had taken the other fossil now! Things I would have done differently in this game – Water starter, take the cover fossil, um…don’t know what else.

I send him back.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:45 AM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I remember Strength being needed in a couple of places in the early map, so I grab Feldspar and teach him Strength. I trade out Headbutt for it. I find a BalmMushroom with DM. I’ve never gone back to this old routes with the DM to see what was there, so I can find some stuff with it too. I find a Rare Candy. I am back at my home town. I get TM 54 False Swipe from the Prof as a reward for having a decent Pokedex. The prof told me to check out caves I’ve already been too. I should check Wellspring for hidden stuff anyway, on my way back.

I run into a whirlwind thing in the cave and hit a new Pokemon - Drilbur. I immediately use Quick Ball. It busts out. I knock it to deep yellow. It busts out of a Poke Ball. Thunder Wave won’t work because it’s a ground Pokemon. I try a Great Ball. Caught it!

Drilbur
Level 13
Named Mudrat
Ground
Female

Thanks Professor!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I use DM to find a, well, actually nothing, it appears to be on a patch of beach that Surf is needed for. I buy ten Pokeballs and get a Premier one. I pick up 11 Net Balls too. In order to try and find Pokemon, I check out the Pokedex. By now I’ve seen several Pokemon that I’ve not found in the wild. There is still Route 5 which I haven’t gotten to yet, of course. This can help determine if there are other Drilburs around that I might have missed the first time. Did you know that Pansage and Panour and pansear are all supposed to be in the forest? Huh. Maractus is in the desert area and I never ran into one. Huh.

I run into a trainer in the desert I hadn’t fought before. Level 30 for Snorts. Eventually I run into that Maractus. I haven’t run into any of the Sigilyph. Perhaps it’s a night creature and Maractus is a day creature, which would be the first time I’ve noticed a night/day difference in the zones. Then I accidentally run away instead of switch Pokémon damnit. NM ,I did run into a Sigilyph, so they are still here. I finally hit another one.I try a Poke Ball after half life and paralysis set in. It caught

Maractus
Level 20
Named Killer
Grass
Male

Old 03-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let’s keep heading back! I heal my pokemon with the desert doctor. Just like what always happens, on my way out, despite not running into more than two Maractus in 15 minutes of moving around, I find another that hits me. I hit up Route 16, because I want to see if I run into any new Pokemon here right now, before evening falls. I run into a trainer moving towards a boulder for Strength to push. There is some double grass back here. I move around and find a double fight against Solosis and Liepard. We take out Solosis and get Liepard to red and paralyzed. Return for Victini is now doing some serious damage. It breaks free of a Poke Ball easily, and then another. It barely escapes from a Great Ball, so I use another. It breaks free and takes out Victini. A 3rd Great Ball seals the deal.

Liepard
Level 25
Named Lavenders
Dark
Male

Old 03-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I run into a Minccino. This was the Pokemon that the Professor used in the first battle I saw. I switch to Foudre. We catch it easily.

Minccino
Level 19
Named Ears
Normal
Female

Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I teach Chatters Cut and replace Leer with it – now I can have it full time for as long as I have Chatters. I cut a tree and look behind. Behind the tree was a Rare Candy. I find a place called Lostlorn Forest back here, but I’ve not heard of it until now. Hmm.

Lostlorn Forest

I move in and immediately grab a Big Mushroom. The creatures I’m fighting so far are the same as those in the previous forest, Pinwheel. There is a trailer up ahead. Like an RV trailer. I go in. The woman inside will not talk to me. There is a cliff., but I can’t get to it, and I can’t get past the stuff where I am. Ah well, gotta head back. Foudre gets to level 25 when fighting locals. Foudre exchanges Shock Wave for Spark. As an attack, Spark does a little more damage, and it uses Foudres’s higher attack vs her special attack.

I head back to 16. I hit a trainer while trying to get to a Poke Ball in the place behind the boulder. Judos takes out the trainer. I find Tm 66 Payback here. I run into another trainer on the road. Judos vs Whirlipede. I take out the first one ,and then move to fight a second. Seismic Toss is my attack exclusively. Level 27. The Marvelous Bridge here is being checked so I head back and get a heal at the PC before heading to Route 5.

I check my captured Pokies to see if I like any. There’s only 8 boxes of storage. That’s crazy small. Maybe I can unlock more later. I do like how this game’s Pokies are all self contained to Unova. I buy another 10 set of Poke Balls and 10 more Great Balls.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 5

I enter and Cheren is right behind me. He wants another test/ I’ve got Victini in front. He sends out Liepard. I switch to Judos. One Storm Throw takes it out. I switch to Foudre to fight his Tranquill. Sparks fly the round after it used detect to stop my attack on its first turn. Another turn and it’s gone. I leave out Foudre for Dewott and Spark again. He is paralyzed and uses a Sitrus Berry. He uses Focus Energy. Another Spark. He falls. Level 26 for Foudre. I leave Foudre in for Pansear. Spark! He paralyzed Pansear and doles some serious damage. Yawn vs Foudre . Spark again to take it out! Boom! Pansear fainted. 5200 for me and my team.

The gym leader arrives and begins to escort us. We run into Alder, Unova’s champion, with flaming red hair. He chastises, gently, Cheren’s crazy drive, and finds some onlookers for a Poke battle. He heals my folks. Two and two. Go Victini! He sends out Liepard. We are facing double Herdiers. Return on one. LIepard Fakes out one. The Herdier has a Sitrus Berry. Victini gets Bite. Liepard uses a weak Pursuit, Victini Return and takes out the injured Herdier. Level 24 for Victini. Ther one has a Sitrus Berry too, so it’s taking a bit to get through it. It takes out Liepard with a huge take down, but falls to the recoil.

The gym leader moves on. Cheren goes with her ,and I can finally explore Route 5.

I talk to a chef and we battle. She leads with Pansear. Confusion! It uses Yawn. Confusion again! KO’d money, sleeping Victini. Foudre vs Panpour. I leave it out for Pansage with its Flame Charge. 2 hits to take out. 1680. I enter an RV. This maid wants to buy an ingredient. What does she want? Let me check. How about a Big Mushroom? I sell for 5k. I also sell the BalmMushroom for an incredible 25k! 3 TinyMushrooms for 500k each.

I rest my Pokemon quickly and return, mainly to awaken Victini.

Trainer #2 – Victini vs Whirlipede. Again, same matchup. Level 25. I swap Flame Charge for Incinerate. 1408 yay.
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Blitzle. Chatters vs Bltizle. 1408. He gives me an Electric Guitar, prop.
Trainer #4 – Victini vs Darumaka. Foudre vs Darumaka. 1408 too.
Trainer #5 – Foudre vs Sigilyph. Level 27.

Foudre has evolved into Zebstrika!

Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I run into Cheren and the gym leader. The drawbridge has been lowered.

I head back and into the grass in Route 5. There’s just a bit more exploring to do. Level 26 for Chatters while fighting a wild Liepard.

Trainer #6 – Chatters vs Munna.
Trainer #7 – Chatters vs Palpitoad. Evolved Tympole? Seed Bomb wins.

Found – Great Ball, Revive, Zinc, Hyper Potion

Driftveil Drawbridge

I find a Health Wing., Swift Wing x2, Pretty Wing,

Then I run into a Ducklett. I Seismic Toss is twice and then Go Poke Ball.

Ducklett
Level 25
Named Quackers
Water/Flying
Female

If it can learn fly and surf, and it doesn’t suck, this could be the 6th member of the team.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-11-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Driftveil City

I grab some more wings from the sky and then move on.

Cheren and I run into Clay at a bridge into the city. Clay is the gym leader. He says Team Plasma ran in across the bridge when it was lowered and wants us to take care of it. He’ll then let us challenge his gym.

I start exploring buildings and such. I find someone willing to teach a move called Fire Pledge to Snorts. I skip it for now. It’s doesn’t sound like something that’s mega powerful like FIRE FORCE or INTENSE INFERNO or FLAME-GEDDON. Okay, I just talked to someone else in the room and they tell me it works in tandem with Grass Pledge and Water Pledge – the starters types. Nah, screw that. I’m glad I skipped it.

Someone is telling me about triple battles! Cool! Why not full 6 on 6 mega chaos battles? Let’s do one!

I send out Judos, Chatters, and Foudre. Chatters is red. He sent out Basculin, Krokorok and Zebstrika – all level 27. Krokorak is an upgraded Sandile or I’m an Abelina. Revenge on Zebstrika, Spark on Basculin, and Seed Bomb on Krokorok. The guys on the ends cannot target the one on the other end – cool! I send out Victini after Chatters goes. My Foudre and his Basculin go. I send out Snorts. Snorts and Victini team up to take out Krokorok with Flame Charge and Arm Thrust. Judos is paralyzed. Snorts Flame Charges the last for death. (Judos is now level 28, Victini level 26) 1728 cash dude.

I look for and find a PC, and I get a heal. Someone in there gives me some Repeat Balls. I pick up 51 Dusk Balls. I withdraw Ducklett after dropping of Feldspar. I give it the Soothe Bell to hold. I save. Let’s keep looking around. I accidentally found myself in Route, so I move Foudre ot the top of the party, just to see what’s out here.

I run into a Pokemon I’ve not seen – a Deerling. Flame Charge is super effective so it must be grass – I was thinking normal. Anyway, I catch it on the first ball.

Deerling
Level 23
Named Bambo
Grass/Normal
Male

Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I run around a bit and find another new Pokemon. This one is called Karrablast. Looks like a bug. Perhaps I’m lucky and this is a really strong steel Pokemon. It’s probably one or the other (or both). I paralyze it, then try and capture it. I don’t want to risk Flame Charge against what could be a bug. It uses headbutt, so I still don’t have a type idea. I caputer it first time, it had taken no damage, but paralyzed.

Karrablast
Level 22
Named Wrenchers
Bug
Female

Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I start moving about. I run into more of the two above, and I just took out a Tranquill. Then I run into another new Pokemon I’ve not seen before! Thunder Wave! Spark! Spark again! Poke Ball! It busts free. Another catches it.

Foongus
Level 23
Named Toadstool
Grass/Poison
Female

In all of Pokemon, I would guess that the three most common types of dual type Pokemon are Normal Flying, Bug Flying, and Grass Poison. Here’s another.

Foudre takes out a scientist’s Deerling and I get 1296. I return. On the way back, after encountering a wild Tranquill, Foudre is now 28. I find an Ultra Ball. I get a quick heal and continue searching the city. I find someone who wants to see a Pokemon who knows Torment so I grab Sandile to show her. She gives me a heart scale. I find another with DM in the market. Someone wanted me to show a level 30 Pokemon ,and Snorts is that, so I get an Expert Belt. I pick up a dozen Moomoo Milk.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-11-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cold Storage

There is a place to the south called….Cold Storage. I finished the city, now I need to investigate here. I run into a trainer and I have Quackers in the lead to give me a chance to see how it does. My foe dispatches Whirlipede. Good, I have type advantage. Aerial Ace. OHKO. He sends out Karrablast and I keep Quackers out with Aerial Ace. It dealt a strong amount of damage. I finish it off with Bubble Beam.
I go back for a quick heal and discover I skipped two houses. I check them out on the way back and find a guy who gives me Shell Bell. Someone wants to trade Basculin for Minccino. Interesting. Let me finish the Cold Storage, and I’ll go catch one for trade.

Trainer #2 – Quackers vs Joltik. It looks like a lightning bug, so I switch to Judos. It used Bug Bite and then Thunder Wave and then Fury Cutter. I leave out a paralyzed Judos for Dwebble and order a Storm Throw. He uses Stealth Rock. Storm Throw! He uses Smack Down. I order Seismic Toss, Defeated Dwebble. (Quick Heal to fix Judos)

There’s a bunch of grass back here. I move Foudre in front and start moving back and forth in the grass

DM: Hyper Potion, PP Up, Dive Ball; One of them gives me a Rocky Helmet (The foe is damaged if it makes physical contact via a physical move), I find Ether, Protein.

I run into a Minccino, and now is as good a time as any to catch it for tradin’. Captured on the first ball. No name given. Then I run into something else. Vanillite – looks like a ice cream thing. The first Ice pokemon? I accidentally kill it with one super effective Flame Charge. Whoops. I also run into a Herdier and Timburr. Level 26 for Quackers. I capture a level 24 Minccino in the grass while moving through it, just to get a higher level one to trade - In the older games, what you traded out was the level of the trade in.

Victini fights a worker. Out comes Pansage. I keep it in for Timburr. OHKO. 1920 for me!

I eventually run into another Vanillite. It’s storming out now. I use Confusion. It rocks with Uproar. Great Ball, go! Caught it!

Vanillite
Level 20
Named – Frosty
Ice
Male

This is definitely one of the stupidest Pokemon.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-11-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I run into Cheren after getting a quick heal and returning. I see a shaky grass patch and hit it first. Yup – Audino. Good EXP and I have Quackers in front – so I use Bubble Beam. It uses Attract. I get a Bubble Beam through, and it misses with Double Slap. I miss on the 3rd turn due to love, and have half damage to a crit hidden power. I get Bubble Beam through and take it out for 1303 XP. Totally worth it. I move Victini to the point position.

Cheren and I move into a shack we suspect is hinging the Plasmites. I hate the ice caves and this with the slide-y land. I always have.

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Pansear. Had to pull for Quackers post yawn. I leave out Quackers for Timburr. 1920 for me!
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Panpour. Switch to Foudre. Victini vs Timburr. Level 27. 1920 again.
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Gurdurr. (Evolved Timburr). 2000.
Trainer #4 – Quackers vs Vanillite. Switch to Snorts. level 27 for Q. Gained Air Slash for Aerial Ace. Quackers vs Timburr. OHKO.
Trainer #5 – Snorts vs Timburr. Victini vs Timburr. Victini vs Vanillite. 1840.

I find Net Ball, TM 55 Scald, Ice Heal, Hyper Potion,

I get to the end of this level and Cheren catches up.

We find Team Plasma grunts with someone named Zinzolin.

Grunt #1 – Snorts vs Watchog. Lvl 31. I trade Heat Crash for Headbutt. Snorts vs Scraggy.
Grunt #2 – Victini vs Liepard. Switch to Judos. 1920.
Grunt #3 – Judos vs Sandile. Judos vs Watchog. Level 29. No learn Body Slam.
Grunt #4 – Judos vs Trubbish.

Then Clay and about 4 workers show up. They are arrested . Clay says I can gym him now.

I find NeverMeltIce. I check out a building hidden in the back. The door won’t open. I head to the PC, heal and move to the gym.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Driftveil City Gym

As I arrive at the Gym, I see about 20 Grunts, and Ghetsis and another Sage. Ghetsis is speaking to Clay. The Plasma held hostage are freed under the power of the assembled Plasmites. (That’s my name for ‘em).

Time for the gym. I get a fresh water and am told this is underground, with many elevators. Ground type here, so Foudre sucks. I leave and pull it for Lazyeye (immune to ground attacks) and return. Chatters and Quackers are my leads here, because rock and ground stuff is bad vs fire, but I think Snorts and Victini can prove valuable occasionally to change it up.

Here we go, descending.

Trainer #1 - Chatters vs Palpitoad. Level 27 for Chatters. Quackers vs Drilbur. Bubble Beam. It goes first and slashes twice, so Quackers took some damage. 1120
Trainer #2 – Chatters vs Krokorak. 1160
Trainer #3 – Chatters vs Sandile. Level 28. Chatters vs Palpitoad. Judos vs Sandile. 1080
Trainer #4 – Chatters vs Sandile. Chatters vs Drilbur. 1120.
Trainer #5 - Chatters vs Drilbur. Level 29. 1160

I find the final elevator down. I heal Quackers and save. I move Victini to the front. I don’t want ot be forced to use one of my two mains until I know what I’m going up against, plus double money from Amulet Coin. Victini is my worst Pokemon here due to the dark in Sandile’s evolutionary group and ground attacks.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ysabel vs Clay: for the 5th Badge!

I lead with Victini. He throws out Krokorok. Use Return. It does more than half. Victini took some damage and lost speed to an attack called Bulldoze. Return again! It uses Swagger. Victini is confused. It hit itself. Return again! It uses Bite and takes out Victini. Go Judos! I want to save my two mains. Storm Throw. It uses Swagger. Judos doesn’t buy it, and takes out Krokorok. Next will be Palpitoad. I switch to Chatters. I think its water/ground and I’ve got double advantage. Seed Bomb! OHKO. His last Pokemon is Excadrill, and my guess is that’s an evolved Drilbur. Stay out Chatters. It looks awesome! Like a Gen III Pokemon. Seed Bomb! It uses Rock Slide, which causes Chatters to flinch and not attack. It goes first and took away more than half my life! Nasty. Heal won’t do any good because it will use that again. Hmm. I switch to Lazyeye. It uses Rock Slide and takes out Lazyeye. Go Judos. Judos uses Revenge. He uses Hone Claws. Attack and Accuracy of him rose. Judos is super effective, so he must have gained rock at some time. Judos, use Storm Throw. It uses Slask. Storm Throw! Bye Bye Excadrill. Level 30. 7440.

I get the Quake Badge! He wants me to wait in front of a cave on route 6 to get a TM and probably help him with something.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I grab the level 24 Minccino and go to the house I met earlier. I agree to the trade

Basculin
Level 25
Named Blueeye
Water
Male

This is the Blue one, there is one with Red where the blue is on this one.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Bianca finds me on the way to Route 6 and challenges me. Go Victini. Against Herdier. Herdier has gotten good, Victini can take it. I switch to Snorts. Chatters heads out vs Panpour. Level 30. Victini for Servine. Victini is dying, back to Snorts. Flame Charges take it out after Snorts is knocked to 32 life. Level 28 for Victini. Go Quackres vs Musharna. I switch to Chatters. It uses hypnosis. Sleeping Chatters. I order bite until I wake up. He woke up and Bit twice, put back to sleep. After many Defense Curls, Bianca uses Hyper Potion after Chatters wakes up and bite sit to Red. Let’s try Seed Bomb. Leech Seed. Musharna uses Lucky Chant. Bite. Missed with Hypnosis. Bite. Psybeam on me. Leech Seed takes it out. 5600.

She then gives me HM 03. Fly. It replaces Air Slash on Quackers. YAY FLY!!

Old 03-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 6

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Emolga. Victini vs Deerling. Paralyzed. Shift out Foudre. 3240.
Trainer #2 – Quackers vs Tympole. Foudre vs Tympole x3. Lv 29.
Trainer #3 – Quackers vs Deerling. Lv 28. 1296
Trainer #4 – Snorts vs Deerling. 1296
Trainer #5 – Snorts vs Vanillite. Sending out Frillish? I send out Foudre. Spark was super effective.

Got: Cheri Berry. Hyper Potion, Elixir

I find some shaking grass, and I move to it to fight Audino, but it’s not Audino! It’s an Emolga! I try a Quick Ball immediately. Got it!

Emolga
Level 25
Named Standard
Electr/Flying
Female

Old 03-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I go inside a building on the route. I am in a lab that researches weather and seasons. They want me to show them some Deerling after its colors change from the season. I head back out and Snorts rises to level 32.

I find a Cheri Berry, Leaf Stone.

Trainer #6 – Snorts vs Minccino. Foudre vs Emolga. 1620.

I enter a house. I get a Shiny Stone from a kid. The mother allows me to rest and heal my peops. Quackers gets to 29 fighting a wild Karrablast. I run into an Audino in another shaky grass. I finally arrive.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Chargestone Cave.

Here comes Clay. The Cave has a yellow web in front of the door. He says it’s the web of a creature named Galvantula. He gives me TM 78 Bulldoze. And he’s gone. I move in.

I run into a Pokemon I’ve not seen before. Ferroseed. Sounds very much like a metal name to me, and that means a steel pokemon! It uses Gyro Ball. I accidentally crit it with Flame tackle from Foudre and it dies. As I move around, two people find me and force me forward to talk to N. They are called the Shadow Triad. N tells me a bunch oif stuff about my friends and Team Plasma, and says Ghetsis is waiting for me up ahead.

I find another Ferroseed. It uses Pin Missile. I use a Dusk ball post-paralysis. Successful.

Ferroseed
Level 24
Named Ironwood
Grass/Steel
Female

Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 AM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On my way out to get healed, I run into Joltik. An easy capture.

Joltik
Level 24
Named Tickers
Electric Bug
Female

Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 AM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After moving around the grass, Quackers gets to level 30. It wants to learn Roost. I have it replace Aqua Ring. I head back to the cave and find another new Pokemon, Klink. That is a dumb looking Pokemon. It’s a pair of gears rotating. It, they?, uses charge.

Klink
Level 25
Named – Gearhead
Steel
No Gender

Old 03-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In comes Bianca. The Prof comes in behind, and they give me advice on moving floating stones. She gives me a Lucky Egg. Killing a wild Joltik, Victini is now 29. As I move about, I run into another new Pokemon called Boldore. I take its hp down with Seismic Toss. It breaks out of a Pokeball at red health with paralysis. I try a Premier Ball. It works.

Boldore
Level 24
Named Granite
Rock
Male

Since this is in the Pokedex after Roggenrola, I can only assume it is the evolution.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I start exploring.

Trainer #1 – Judos vs Klink. 1392
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Archen.3720
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Boldore…switch to Chatters. Quackers vs Gurdurr. 1664
Trainer #4 – Victini vs Klink. Lv 30. 2784

I find Paralyz Heal, Revive, Heal Ball, Elixir, Hyper Potion, Iron

I run into the threesome and they force me to follow again. They tell me to take some stairs down. I head down.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The second level

Trainer #1 – Quackers vs Swadloon. Lv 31. 1740. Heals me.
Grunt #1 - -Foudre vs Sandile. Switch to Judos. (4 of my 6 Pokies are good vs Sandile). Judos vs Scraggy. Judos vs Watchog. Level 31. 1040
Grunt #2 - Foudre vs Scraggy. Lev 30. 1120
Grunt #3 – Foudre vs Trubbish. Judos vs Liepard. 1080
Grunt #4 – Chatters vs Trubbish. Switch to Victini. Leave it in for two more. 2080
Grunt #5 – Chatters vs Watchog. Chatters vs Sandile. Level 31. 1080
Grunt #6 – Quackers vs Liepard. Lv 32. 1120
Grunt #7 – Quackers vs Sandile. Snorts vs Watchog. LV 33. 1080
Trainer #2 – Quackers vs Klink. Quackers KO’d, Snorts. 1392.
Trainer #3 – Snorts vs Whimsicott. Whats that? Flame Charge! It’s very fast. The next is called Tirtouga. Pirate Pokemon? Let’s switch to Foudre. It’s a sea turtle. 1800

Level 24 for Snorts after taking on some random Pokemon as I explore .

I get Nuggetx2, Paralyz Heal, Timer Ball, Thunderstone, Max Potion, Magnet

As I explore, I run into N. Snorts vs Boldore. Use Arm Thrust. It uses Smack Down. Another Arm Thrust and it falls. I keep it out for Joltik. Flame Charge! OHKO. I send out Victini to face Klink. Flame Charge! Again! Klink falls. I leave it in vs Ferroseed. Flame Charge again! It falls on one hit too. 5600.

I find stairs leading down and head down to the third floor.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Level 3

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Drilbur. Switch to Chatters. Snorts vs Zebstrika. 3600
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Gothita. Foudre vs Ducklett. Judos vs Lilligant – a flower Pokie. 3480
Trainer #3 -

Level 31 for Victini fighting the locals. Judos level 32 and 33. I forget Vital Throw for Bulk Up. Level 35 and 36 for Snorts.

I acquire a Hyper Potion, Star Piece, Dark Gem, Rare Candy, Paralyz Heal, Poison Gem, Bright Powder, Revive, HP UP,

Snorts evolves into Emboar.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On my way out, I run into a new Pokemon I’ve no seen before. Was it here all this time? I immediately toss Dusk ball and catch it in one turn.

Tynamo
Level 27
Named Betta
Electric
Female

Old 03-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mistralton City

Before I explore, let’s hit the C for a heal and to check my new captures. I buy 32 Ultra Balls. None of my new ones are worth switching to. The only one that would be temping is Emolga, and I think the stats on my electric are better. I fly home to check with the Prof and I get Tm 17 Protect for my PokeDex fillingness. Back to Mistralton.

I run into a house that has both the move delete and the move rememberer. I check and Victini once new a mega-powerful fire move. I delete headbutt for free, give her a Heart Scale to learn Searing Shot, a 100 accuracy, 100damage 5 pp move. That should make Victini lethal.

I run into someone who asks to see my Pokedex. The father of Prof Juniper. He upgrades my Pokedex. The gymleader is there too and she tells me that she is leavin to care for a sick pokemon at the top of a tower on Route 7.

Anyway, I use this as an opportunity to pick up Deerling and head to the house. I return and find TM 58 Sky Drop. Dm; Repel, Max Ether, Paralyz Heal. Someone gives me Sharp Beak as a memento. Someone in the Tower wants Sweet heart pieces. Someone in a house will tell me something cool if I can get the gym badge here. And that’s it. Two houses. A PC, A gym, an Airport, some farms, and that’s the full extent of Mistralton “City"

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-13-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 7

It’s raining hard. Someone gives me TM 57 Charge Beam.

Trainer #1 - Foudre vs Simisear – upgraded Pansear. Level 31. I replace Flame Charge with Stomp.

I enter a building. Someone wants to trade my Boldore for his Emolga, but I’ve already got one. I run into some new wild Pokemon, like Zebstrika.

Trainer #2 – Foudre vs Palpitoad. Time to find out If this actually is ground/water or not. It is. Go Chatters. Fighting Scolipede, upgraded Whirlipede? Go Victini. That is a nice/mean looking Pokemon. Next is Shelmet? I leave out Victini. Looks like water. I was hoping for bug by the name. Go Foudre! It uses a Bug attack against me, maybe it was a bug. Electr does normal damage Ah well.
Trainer #3 – Foudre vs Dwebble. Quackers vs Semisage. Level 33.

Back for a quick heal. Let’s head back out.

Found an Ultra Ball, Aspear Berryx2, PP Up.

Triple Battle vs a trainer. I lead with Foudre, Judos, and Quackers. My foe drops Liepard, Swoobat and Watchog. Foudre to Spark Swoobat. Judos to Storm Throw Watchog. Quackers Feather Dance Liepard. Fake Out on Judos fails to prevent its attack. Swoobat is out. Foudre to level 32. Watchog is out. Liepard is easily taken down next turn. 1920

Trainer #4 – Foudre vs Minccino.
Trainer #5 – Victini vs Swadloon. Chatters vs Semipour. Foudre vs Tranquill. 3600.
Trainer #6 – Victini vs Solosis. Lev 32. Sending out Axew. What’s that? Steel? Stay out. Fire is weak against it. It uses Dragon Claw. Perhaps it is the first evolution of a Dragonite, Salamance, Garchomp, etc. 3720

I find a house that rests us!

Old 03-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back to the rain of Route 7.

I run into a wild Watchog, and I’ve not caught or evolve one yet. I try a quick Dusk Ball. It works!

Watchog
Level 28
Named Merely
Normal
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Celestial Tower

I find Max Ether. I locate Celestial Tower and enter.

Pokemon are laid to rest here.

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Elgyem. It’s like a floating rocking thing. Weird. Doesn’t take much from Confusion. Normal Damage from Fire. Chattters vs Solosis. Lv 32. Foudre vs Sigilyph. Lv 33. 1920

I run into a Candle looking thing named Litwick. Immediate Dusk ball! It busts free. Let’s work it down. It is unaffected by Seismic Toss – must be ghost. I try to catch it just paralyzed. It breaks free. I slide to Quackers and its weaker Bubblebeam. It’s super effective and drops Litwick to almost red. I’m thinking ghost/fire. Let’s see. We caught it.

Litwick
Level 26
Named Tallows
Ghost/Fire
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trainer #2 – Victini vs Deerling. Victini vs Gothita. Lv 33. Victini skips Reversal.
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Emolga. Judos vs Herdier. Lv 34. 3840
Trainer #4 – Victini vs Swadloon.3968

Quackers gets to level 34 by fighting wild Litwicks. Quackers does not learn Rain Dance.

Trainer #5 – Chatters vs Musharna. 1024
Trainer #6 – Foudre vs Yamask. Judos vs Golett. It’s immune to fight so switch to Foudre. Electr also doesn’t work. Ground/Ghost? Foudre is KO;d. Go Chatters. Worth virtually no XP either.
Trainer #7 – Quackers vs Litwick. Quackers is KO’d by Hex. Go Snorts. Rollout takes it down. I keep battling Swoobat. Rollout takes it out too.

Gotta return for healing. I’m back

Trainer #8 – Quackers vs Duosion (Evolved Solosis). 1024
Trainer #9 – Quackers vs Gothita. Victinini vs Alomomola – looks like a fish thing. 2480 She heals me and says she’ll continue to do so.

Found Hyper Potion, TM 61 Will-o-Wisp, Spell Tag

I come across another ghost, it’s the Elygem. Go Dusk Ball! It breaks free. I do it the old fashioned way. Got it on the next ball.

Elygem
Level 27
Named Mourners
Psychic
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lv 35 for Quackers after taking down another wild Litwick. Quackers is evolving!

It evolved into Swanna!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trainer #10 – Quackers vs Stoutland? Looks like a fully evolved Herdier. Fly! It takes me out with Thunder Fang (double weak to electr). Victini! Lv 34. 3960.
Trainer #11 – Quackers vs Swoobat. Switch to Foudre. Victini vs Gothorita. 3840

I am at the roof now. Skyla is here. She healed it. She tells me to right the bell. I ring the bell. Skyla tells me to come challenge her anytime. I use Fly and head back now.

I find Revive, TM 65 Shadow Claw.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:07 AM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mistralton City Gym

I expect Foudre to do here what Chatters did in the last gym. I get the fresh water.

Trainer #1 – Foudre vs Tranquill. Lv 34. Again. 1280
Trainer #2 – Foudre vs Ducklett. Vs Woobat. 1280
Trainer #3 – Foudre vs Ducklett. Vs Sigilyph. Lv 35. 1920
Trainer #4 – Foudre vs Unfezant? (It looks AWESOME) Evolved Tranquill? 1980
Trainer #5 – Foudre vs Swoobat. Lv 36 - I forget Spark and learn Discharge. 1320

Ysabelle vs Skyla

I send out Foudre. She sends out Swoobat. Discharge!. She sends in Unfezant after a OHKO. This one doesn’t have all of the awesome color of the other. Discharge! OHKO here as well. She sends in Swanna. I keep steady. DISCHARGE! OHKO for the win. Lv 37 for Foudre. After that gym, Foudre is my highest level dude. 4200.

I get a Jet Badge! TM 62 Acrobatics.