Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Padres 2010 - PC Replay Baseball

As a contributor to the development and test of PC Replay Baseball, I'm always looking for opportunities to introduce the game to people, so I thought I would journal my 2010 Padres replay here on FOFC.

PC Replay baseball is a PC conversion of a table-top game (Replay Baseball) similar to APBA or Strat-O-Matic. It's an excellent representation of the table-top game, but a fun PC game on it's own. Version 3 goes on sale tomorrow, 3/24, and includes a daily newspaper-style recap, along with a real-time gameplay system that allows you to jump in and out of all the days games. You can learn more about the game at these links:

Game Website

Game Forum

Padres 2010 Replay
For this replay I will be using as-played lineups, as I want to see if I can get the Padres into the playoffs with my in-game managerial moves alone. My plan is to manage every Padres game, and simulate the rest.
I will post screen shots of any interesting daily reports (like the one below), and allow everyone to browse the web pages generated by the game.

April 5, 2010
Chase Field, Arizona - The Padres win the first game of the season in typical fashion for 2010. Good pitching and timely hitting allowed the Padres to come back from an early 2-0 deficit and win the game 3-2. Jerry Hairston was the player of the game, hitting a pinch hit triple in the top of the ninth, driving in the winning run for the Friars.

Click here for the box score and link to the Play by Play. Once a week of the season is complete, I will also provide a link to the Weekly Roundup Report.

It was a great game and the fans agreed, awarding it "Game of the Day" honors.

Last edited by PadresFan104 : 03-23-2011 at 04:28 PM.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

April 6, 2010
Padres pitching holds the DBacks to 3 hits, on route to a 3-0 win on the road. Heath Bell notches his second save of the early season.

April 7, 2010
Arizona avoids a sweep by beating up on the Padres bullpen, scoring 5 runs in the seventh inning to pull ahead and win 8-7.

San Diego hits the road for a 3 game set in Colorado...
Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

April 9, 2010
de la Rosa and Corpas 2-hit the Padres as the Rockies take game 1 of the 3-game series, 1-0. Clayton Richard pitched 7 strong innings and struck out 10, but takes the loss.

April 10, 2010
The Padres blow a late 2 run lead as Luke Gregerson is touched up for 3 runs in the 8th, following Carlos Gonzalez's second HR of the game. The Padres are now 2-3 on the season, trailing the division leading Rockies by 2 games.

Last edited by PadresFan104 : 04-02-2011 at 12:43 AM.