Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #501
molson
General Manager

My Central Massachusetts middle-school team name was the Rebels, and there was a logo of a confederate drummer boy on the basketball court. That middle school no longer exists as of about 10-15 years ago, I'm not sure if they ever changed the name. I don't remember anyone ever calling attention to it, either because it was offensive, or because it was just geographically strange. And this was a very diverse school. Just very odd in retrospect.

Last edited by molson : 08-03-2015 at 05:03 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #502
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Just give the school a Star Wars theme and they'll be fine.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:09 AM   #503
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well when BLM movement starts to refer to white liberals as "white supremacists" they've officially lost my support.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #504
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
That link is to one of those "live update" articles. This is the specific blurb to which I was referring:

Quote:
7:30 p.m.

An amendment to replace the Confederate battle flag outside South Carolina’s Statehouse with a white flag of surrender has been defeated.

House lawmakers tabled the proposal by Rep. Christopher Corley, a Republican, who suggested replacing the Confederate battle flag with a white flag.

The plain white flag, Corley said, would be symbolic of state Republicans’ apparent surrender on the issue.

“I don’t have a picture, but it would look like this,” Corley told the chamber, waving a small white flag from the House podium.

Corley is back in the news today. He sent this message to his fellow lawmakers in a Christmas Card.

Lawmaker sends Christmas card telling colleagues to repent for removing rebel flag - Post and Courier
Old 12-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #505
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Jesus feels like some kind of hole card conservatives try to play whenever things don't go their way.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:03 AM   #506
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Corley is back in the news today. He sent this message to his fellow lawmakers in a Christmas Card.

Lawmaker sends Christmas card telling colleagues to repent for removing rebel flag - Post and Courier

And a year later, this jerkwad makes the news again.

'Daddy, please stop': Children heard screaming in 911 recordings from S.C. Rep. Chris Corley's domestic abuse arrest | News | postandcourier.com
Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #507
RainMaker
General Manager

I just saw this and thought of this thread immediately.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #508
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Jury condemns Dylann Roof to death for South Carolina church massacre

I'm against the death penalty and that applies to this case. Oh well, to be honest he was probably going to get shanked sooner or later.

Also I wanted to create a parody thread titled "CharlestonChewing" but I thought it would be in bad taste.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #509
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't know what she was like before Charleston but gotta believe it messed her up.

If she didn't get help already, she needs some now.

Dylann Roof's sister arrested on weapons, drug charges | Fox News
Quote:
The 18-year-old sister of Charleston, S.C., church shooter Dylann Roof was arrested Wednesday for carrying pepper spray, a knife and marijuana in her high school, authorities said.

Morgan Roof also posted on Snapchat a critique of Wednesday’s National Student Walkout protest against gun violence, the Post and Courier of Charleston, S.C., reported.

“Your [sic] walking out for the allowed time of 17min, They are letting you do this, nothing is going to change what (the expletive) you think it’s gonna do? I hope it’s a trap and y’all get shot we know it’s fixing to be nothing but black people walkin out anyway,” Roof posted, Fox 57 reported.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:02 AM   #510
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I don't know what she was like before Charleston but gotta believe it messed her up.

If she didn't get help already, she needs some now.

Dylann Roof's sister arrested on weapons, drug charges | Fox News

I think that last sentence in what she posted pretty much tells you how she was wired before. Pretty obvious hate and ignorance is the culture in that family.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #511
Edward64
Head Coach

Yeah, I thought that too ... but got to give her the benefit of doubt re: the horror from her brother.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote